Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996917 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by igwejay: 8:36pm On May 29, 2015
Good day house, please is it comoulsory to present original university certificate during visa interview. Can statement of result from school be presented if the original certificate is not yet ready
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
baggylips:
Please house if you are asked for proof that you completed your six years of secondary school in English language during application....what are you expected to present?
your o'level will suffice in this case
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2015
Obiwannn:
"When you register at the /Bürgeramt /you
can bring a form with you to make a
request for /Begrüßungsgeld /
(welcoming money). You can hand this
form in at your chosen university later on
to get 50 €. https://www.hu-berlin.de/de/ studium/bewerbung/formulare/
begruessungsgeld."
OK, this is an extract of a mail sent to me by a tutor @ d int'l office of tu berlin as regards steps req to settle down in berlin. I want 2 ask if other unis/cities also giv out dis welcoming money?
Lol
it depends on the city/state actually but you get it in Berlin irrespective of where you study in Berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 12:30am On May 30, 2015
Hey Shaggy,

I believe you'll want to search for schools with courses like Communication Systems and Networks etc. Information Tech is a very broad field and there is a chance you may not end up with anything on Voice if you narrow your search based on that.
That being said, why is IELTS a challenge ? Is it the time, or resources you do not have ? Because even though it doesn't help that much in your admission process, it does at the Embassy Interview. A visa officer wants to see something you've got that others don't and given that almost every other country out there wants to see a language proficiency exam, they wouldn't just nod their head to NO language proficiency exam. If you've got the time to sit for one, I'd strongly advise you to do so.

And your admission process/decision would be a lot more easier, since you're already in the field... one thing is opt in for some Vendor certs if you can. VoIP and stuff... CCVP etc. Believe me you, it can be a bit tough but it does pay off in the end as it quickly gets you a seat with a HR. (just a little something 2 years down the line).

All the best, bro.
shaggy12:
Hello guys, I have been reading a lot on these page and. I wish to ask for some advice/guidance. This is my little story. I know winter application is off the balance but am bracing up for summer and the preparation has begun. I have a Cgpa of 3.12 studied computer sci /maths with over 4years working experience in telecoms as an engineer with major Telecom giants like glo, mtn to name a few. I wish to apply for M.sc in information/communication technology. My major challenge is the IELTS. Am opportune to get the letter of proficiency from Ministry off education in Lieu of IELTS. With the help of gurus here like eke40seven, danindia, cindino, styles, and others I may not remember, please can you help me with schools that can waive ielts in place of letter of proficiency. Also, what are my chances of getting admitted with my Cgpa.. I hope to read from you guys soonest!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gfghana: 10:02am On May 30, 2015
dcitizen:
@ crowns, how do you get the online application form for the application for the study of beng in engineering physics in oldenburg university as most of the information is written in german language. i am interested in the programme. do the school exempt nigerians from presenting toefl result as part of proof for language proficiency. i have a hnd( upper credit) in mechanical engineering. need your reply.
This is the link.: http://qis05.uni-oldenburg.de
Read the instruction carefully and get back to me if you need assistant on the application.
No TOEFL needed just proficiency letter from your school.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 10:13am On May 30, 2015
Ladylaura93:

Yea I had my documents certified at German embassy in Abuja. Just go with the originals of every document you wish to certify , each application must also have the application letter.
Just seeing this.

For Undergraduate applicants is it necessary to certify that jamb print out? Cus I plan to send it along my other documents for application to boost my "university entrance qualification"
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 10:47am On May 30, 2015
Hello house! Please I need to ascertain if one can be interviewed at the Consulate without having deposited the 7908 EUR into the blocked account. If Yes, how many days or weeks of grace do you have to deposit it? and if No, what is the implication? will your application be rejected instantly? thanks for ur anticipated responds.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 11:00am On May 30, 2015
oligee:
Hello house! Please I need to ascertain if one can be interviewed at the Consulate without having deposited the 7908 EUR into the blocked account. If Yes, how many days or weeks of grace do you have to deposit it? and if No, what is the implication? will your application be rejected instantly? thanks for ur anticipated responds.

Yes you can and you will be given an email to send it after depositing the money.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:07am On May 30, 2015
adenjnr:
it depends on the city/state actually but you get it in Berlin irrespective of where you study in Berlin

thanks!
do u knw if Hamburg is part of this very welcome-friendly cities?
grin grin grin

or u have a link to where i can search myself?

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 11:08am On May 30, 2015
Futurewiser:

Yes you can and you will be given an email to send it after depositing the money.
Thanks @ futurewiser, what do I send to the email? the confirmation of the deposit?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 11:11am On May 30, 2015
@gfghana, after i clicked on the link that you posted, another page opened with online brewebung text. What is the next thing for me to do is to have access to the online application? As the instructions are
written in german language.Need ur guide. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 11:26am On May 30, 2015
@ crown 2, to lay the issue of seal stamp to rest, i wish to inform you and the other members of the forum that ordinary stamp as certification of copies of credentials are accepted by uniassist. I submitted certified copies of my original credentials by lagos state high court for# 200 per copy and they were accepted and processed by uniassist for admission purposes.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2015
Try using translate.google.com
dcitizen:
@gfghana, after i clicked on the link that you posted, another page opened with online brewebung text. What is the next thing for me to do is to have access to the online application? As the instructions are
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gfghana: 12:09pm On May 30, 2015
dcitizen:

I'm surprise that the link is now in German. This is where I applied and it was in English. It was given to me by the schools. Maybe you should send them email. http://www.uni-oldenburg.de/en/physics/studies/courseofstudies/ep/contact/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2015
gfghana:

I'm surprise that the link is now in German. This is where I applied and it was in English. It was given to me by the schools. Maybe you should send them email. http://www.uni-oldenburg.de/en/physics/studies/courseofstudies/ep/contact/

You can always change it to English, the icon is on top of the page
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bbdd: 12:31pm On May 30, 2015
Hi guys.

A friend of mine was denied admission to a school for master in biomedical sciences in Bonn because they claimed he didn't have any modules in molecular biology and genetics

I'm not aware of that course being offered in Nigeria. He took several microbiology courses in school which includes genetics according to him.
Please is there a way to explain to them that such a course isn't offered at undergrad level in Nigeria and perhaps reconsider their decision ??
He's feeling quite bad.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 30, 2015
bbdd:
Hi guys.

A friend of mine was denied admission to a school for master in biomedical sciences in Bonn because they claimed he didn't have any modules in molecular biology and genetics

I'm not aware of that course being offered in Nigeria. He took several microbiology courses in school which includes genetics according to him.
Please is there a way to explain to them that such a course isn't offered at undergrad level in Nigeria and perhaps reconsider their decision ??
He's feeling quite bad.

NO way, their decision is final,he should accept it in good faith.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2015
bbdd:
Hi guys.

He's feeling quite bad.

Uni-Bonn? Lol.... That he even got a reason for rejection should console him. I was rejected with no reason given... angry angry

And oh, their decision is final grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by strictlynaija: 2:39pm On May 30, 2015
hello great pple, does anyone any uni for m.sc applied mathematics with application still ongoing??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 6:02pm On May 30, 2015
Anyone with experience with university of Erfurt or Jena in Thüringen?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2015
Obiwannn:

thanks!
do u knw if Hamburg is part of this very welcome-friendly cities?
grin grin grin

or u have a link to where i can search myself?

Danke!
personally no but i can ask a friend in hamburg and get back to u
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:40pm On May 30, 2015
adenjnr:
personally no but i can ask a friend in hamburg and get back to u
ok boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 9:11pm On May 30, 2015
bbdd:
Hi guys.

He's feeling quite bad.

Make your friend take heart. Unibonn too get wahala

molecular biology and genetics is taught in naija as a separate course. I did a stand alone medical genetics module,while biochemistry students dey do molecular biology for my school.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=dcitizen post=34243203]@ crown 2, to lay the issue of seal stamp to rest, i wish to inform you and the other members of the forum that ordinary stamp as certification of copies of credentials are accepted by uniassist. I submitted certified copies of my original credentials by lagos state high court for# 200 per copy and they were accepted and processed by uniassist for admission

did u certify ur ielts or toefl too...or cn one send it 2 uni assist in d documents tru dhl without bin certified?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bbdd: 10:18pm On May 30, 2015
cahnellven:

Make your friend take heart. Unibonn too get wahala

molecular biology and genetics is taught in naija as a separate course. I did a stand alone medical genetics module,while biochemistry students dey do molecular biology for my school.

It's not even unibonn
It's one rhein something something.
Hochschule ooo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 10:40pm On May 30, 2015
bbdd:
It's not even unibonn It's one rhein something something. Hochschule ooo.
That should be bonn university of applied sciences. GOD pass them. hope say your guy still dey expect other decisions?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bbdd: 10:47pm On May 30, 2015
cahnellven:

That should be bonn university of applied sciences.
GOD pass them.
hope say your guy still dey expect other decisions?

He applied only to the school
He even applied 2 days to the deadline.
I don talk tire. Nigger's still not happy...

I'll refer him to this page.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
Greeting to all on this thread.
Pls I need some guidance. I received a notification of successful selection for Msc Economics at uni Konstanz and I was asked to accept the offer before a letter of admission will be sent to me. Now I need guidance on the following:
1. How is life generally in the city of Konstanz, in terms of getting student job, language issues, cost of living, etc. I have done some research and I found that the city is mainly a tourist location, its in southern germany and its close to lake Constance and Switzerland.
2. I was asked to pay 550 euros as accommodation cost before 26th June in order to get accommodation(it is guaranteed for all intl students). How is student hostel apartment on campus or is it better to search for accommodation outside campus.

I will appreciate information from anyone including those who are currently in konstanz or once lived in konstanz.
I trust una, I beg for help. Thanx.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:45pm On May 30, 2015
dcitizen:
@ crown 2, to lay the issue of seal stamp to rest, i wish to inform you and the other members of the forum that ordinary stamp as certification of copies of credentials are accepted by uniassist. I submitted certified copies of my original credentials by lagos state high court for# 200 per copy and they were accepted and processed by uniassist for admission purposes.

That is a known issue which was comprehensively tackled in the first section. All my certification was done at the Lagos high court too. and its accepted by all the schools it was sent to because they fulfil all the requirements by any German standard similar to what the German embassy will issue because the stamp is not ordinary. When you look well you will see that it bears the logo of the Lagos state coat am arm but that cannot be said of most other States or ordinary ink stamps.
This is in order not to mislead others that will follow you blindly and in the process waste money posting, time or even forfeit admissions. They rejected that of someone I know because it had a simple text stamp only even though it was issued by a high court in a state I can't remember.
As long as the certification bears
1. A logo/emblem/coat of arm
2. the words "certified true copy" or something similar
3. signature and date of the person who certified it
4. date and name of the authority

You are home and dry.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 12:37am On May 31, 2015
OlaoChi:
Anyone with experience with university of Erfurt or Jena in Thüringen?

I applied to University of Jena too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.