Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

How To Find Your Future Spouse - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Find Your Future Spouse (20900 Views)

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. / Can Abstaining From Premarital Sex Make You Faithful To Your Future Wife? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:
The love of your life will find you when you least expect it...the most exciting relationships happen when you're not looking.

"Good thing happen when you least expect it"
Very true...
For now i am not even bothered about wife/girlfriend..
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

Very true...
For now i am not even bothered about wife/girlfriend..

Maybe one day you'll be bothered. In Nigeria, it's ALMOST an inevitable event.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Deutschland? Ja oder nein? Dann frag ich nicht mehr. tongue
Aha! Mein beliebtes Deutschland, Land der Dichter und Denker. Leider nicht, aber ich wäre lieber dort grin
Darf ich nicht sagen? Bitte.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

Yes,i was not interested in any relationship at that time...

I broke up with my ex because of distance and school,i just moved out of the country and needed to concentrate on my studies...BIOMED embarassed

Then after 4 years of celibacy,my sisters,cousin and best friend took me out for dinner on my Bday.
When it was time to make a wish,i just wished hapiness and success as i was about graduating,but my cousin(she is cray cray by the way) said i will do the wishes for her then she goes: (I wish Edwife finds a man this year,she is boring and we are tired being the only one with gists and nothing from her.Dear Lord,we need to do something about the cobwebs lipsrsealed,the girl needs some actions-very soon she will adopt cats)...and the 5 of them shouted AMENNNNNNNNN.I was embarrassed as everyone in the restaurant was staring and laughing embarassed angry grin

Then after 2 days,He was the third guy who asked for my number that day,and it was love at first sight...

First of all, how can we contact your cousin? She is a magician. cheesy Some people would be glad to pay her for her services.

Secondly, three guys asked for your number on one day? You are a hottie cheesy
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Aha! Mein beliebtes Deutschland, Land der Dichter und Denker. Leider nicht, aber ich wäre lieber dort grin
Darf ich nicht sagen? Bitte.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kein Problem. Ich wollte nur wissen, ob es Deutschland ist. Schade. smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Maybe one day you'll be bothered. In Nigeria, it's ALMOST an inevitable event.
that is true...i know i will settle down.
In Nigeria,if you an Adult and you are not dating/married,people will talk sha....
Some will even attribute it to one spirit/witch in the village or compound..
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

Yes,i was not interested in any relationship at that time...

I broke up with my ex because of distance and school,i just moved out of the country and needed to concentrate on my studies...BIOMED embarassed

Then after 4 years of celibacy,my sisters,cousin and best friend took me out for dinner on my Bday.
When it was time to make a wish,i just wished hapiness and success as i was about graduating,but my cousin(she is cray cray by the way) said i will do the wishes for her then she goes: (I wish Edwife finds a man this year,she is boring and we are tired being the only one with gists and nothing from her.Dear Lord,we need to do something about the cobwebs lipsrsealed,the girl needs some actions-very soon she will adopt cats)...and the 5 of them shouted AMENNNNNNNNN.I was embarrassed as everyone in the restaurant was staring and laughing embarassed angry grin

Then after 2 days,He was the third guy who asked for my number that day,and it was love at first sight...
Could you please explain how you knew it was love at first sight? I like your story and I'm just trying to learn. smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kein Problem. Ich wollte nur wissen, ob es Deutschland ist. Schade. smiley
Mir scheint es, du lebst in Deutschland. Stimmt?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Mir scheint es, du lebst in Deutschland. Stimmt?

Genau. smiley

Benutzt du den Google Übersetzer jetzt?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

First of all, how can we contact your cousin? She is a magician. cheesy Some people would be glad to pay her for her services.

Secondly, three guys asked for your number on one day? You are a hottie cheesy

Ahahaha,carefree I also didn't understand what happened that day....the first guy gave me a lift as i was going to uni,i was late and missed my school bus,then the second when i was at the cyber cafe scanning some docs for my mum but did not even look at him,he was a SA guy undecided,when coming out of the cafe,there he was standing outside waiting for me cheesy- i tried to resist this dark tall nigga but i couldn't... tongue tongue

My sisters still call him my Bday gift.

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

Ahahaha,carefree I also didn't understand what happened that day....the first guy gave me a lift as i was going to uni,i was late and missed my school bus,then the second when i was at the cyber cafe scanning some docs for my mum but did not even look at him,he was a SA guy undecided,when coming out of the cafe,there he was standing outside waiting for me cheesy- i tried to resist this dark tall nigga but i couldn't... tongue tongue

My sisters still call him my Bday gift.

Give us your cousin's contact details. We have some people here who desire a spouse. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife nice story..

4 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Genau. smiley

Benutzt du den Google Übersetzer jetzt?
Nee. Warum denn? Du nicht?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:
Nee. Warum denn? Du nicht?

Ich benutze keinen Übersetzer.

Wo hast du Deutsch gelernt? In der Schweiz? tongue
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Could you please explain how you knew it was love at first sight? I like your story and I'm just trying to learn. smiley

Well, to tell you the truth i was immediately attracted by his looks-the way he was staring at me,his smile warmed me up(there were just this chemistry between us) That night,he called me and we talked for 3 hours non-stop.....the next morning he called me to say good morning beautiful angel,how was your night? cheesy

It was very fast.....

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Give us your cousin's contact details. We have some people here who desire a spouse. smiley smiley smiley
Hahaha. She could easily become a consultant.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

ahahaha,the girl remind me of chillisauce-she is ever so playful,lovely and cray cray at the same time. cheesy cheesy

But,i don't think it's her-that day was just the DAY the Lord has made for me-and I sure did rejoice!Alleluya grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:
edwife nice story..

Thanks... smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Ich benutze keinen Übersetzer.

Wo hast du Deutsch gelernt? In der Schweiz? tongue
Das glaube ich dir. Dein Deutsch kommt nicht aus dem Übersetzer. In Deutschland habe ich gelernt. Auch in der Schweiz. Wo genau in der Bundesrepublik bist du?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

Well, to tell you the truth i was immediately attracted by his looks-the way he was staring at me,his smile warmed me up(there were just this chemistry between us) That night,he called me and we talked for 3 hours non-stop.....the next morning he called me to say good morning beautiful angel,how was your night? cheesy

It was very fast.....
Impressive story. The scientific side of me still thinks you gave him a chance firstly because he met those criteria you always had in your head for a husband, and not because of some electrifying love at first sight. I could be wrong though. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by francizy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Put it down to the excesses of youth and youthful exuberance.

Once past childhood and probably living away from home, the need to "experiment" with life takes hold and you get your late teens and early twenty-something-year-olds trying to live life to the fullest. It's only natural. (I would like to add, that as long as it's within reason, but one person's boundary might be the other person's starting point if you get what I mean.)

Either way, both sexes are "guilty" of this and it's from these interactions / activities / etc that mistakes are made, life's lessons learnt, one gets wiser, etc. It's all part of the learning process. However, there comes a time when the need to slow down and settle, kicks in. It varies from one individual to the next.

And that's why you find many middle aged people in their 40's trying to recapture their youth by doing things they felt they missed out on in their earlier years (mid-life crises). smiley

Good post!
I do find it disheartening when good women end up with the bad kinda partner and vise versa. I feel like people don't do much a research before settling down and that makes them end with the wrong kinda pertner.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by bukatyne(f): 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
@Carefreewannabe,

Good one

Sure we will open a kiosk.... for relationship matters, consult...

@Topic:

First step is to know What you want or What you don't want and tailor yourself into the person that will be desired by your preference...

If you are not interested in someone, don't bother with let me enjoy small before backing out

Be a man/woman of your words cheesy

Be flexible and ready to adapt

Learn the art of selling your ideas... What a guy would achieve in 1hr of rubbing his girl/wife's hair, he might not in 39hrs of bossing her...

Where you find:

Anywhere but remember where you find might affect the relationship cheesy

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
I dont know people find or search to whom to marry. Is it that difficult?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Impressive story. The scientific side of me still thinks you gave him a chance firstly because he met those criteria you always had in your head for a husband , and not because of some electrifying love at first sight. I could be wrong though. smiley

You partially right,but do you think anyone can meet all your criteria within 5 min of conversing with them?Physically yes,but the rest followed after extensive chats .
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

You partially right,but do you think anyone can meet all your criteria within 5 min of conversing with them?Physically yes,but the rest followed after extensive chats .
Hmm...true.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

ahahaha,the girl remind me of chillisauce-she is ever so playful,lovely and cray cray at the same time. cheesy cheesy

But,i don't think it's her-that day was just the DAY the Lord has made for me-and I sure did rejoice!Alleluya grin grin

See better love story.
cheesy
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by ihedinobi2: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

You make us sound like wild animals in the jungle. That's the picture that readily comes to mind...kind of like the male peacock showing off his feathers cheesy

I'd rather use the word assess rather than hesitate. A lady usually knows almost immediately if a guy approaching her is a complete no-no and will therefore not need to hesitate.

However, if she feels he might get a "look in" a.k.a chance with her, she then decides to weigh him up and see if he'll stand the test assuming she decides to put him through it. It's at this point that she's assessing him as a potential suitor and whether he's got the basic criteria she's looking for.
Lol @ wild animals. Some qualities are not exclusive to humans. And we're saying the same thing actually.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by ihedinobi2: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

I don't concur grin. My dating experience says otherwise.
It does? You date aborigines?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Chillisauce:

See better love story.
cheesy

wink grin

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
I lv this @edwife.

I hv heard of a gal all dressed up going on her own when one guy with a car passed and splashed water on her lovely dress.
D place was a close so she waited and d guy parked his car, came down. She walked up to him and gave him a resounding slap that surprised everybody and turned back.

When d guy recovered,he followed her from a distance to know where she was heading to( obviously she can't go out with that dress again so anywhere she enters may be her home).
D next day, somebody knocked on d door and she was d one that opened and saw d guy.

She wan run sha,thinking d guy came for revenge.
Some months later wedding bell(d story was told at d reception)

D guy said he has been searching for a lady with guts like her. Can u imagine.

Even a cray cray get. Person wey go lv am as he or she dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbo Nursery Rhymes And Children's Songs / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.