Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

How To Find Your Future Spouse - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Find Your Future Spouse (20904 Views)

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. / Can Abstaining From Premarital Sex Make You Faithful To Your Future Wife? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Odunharry, I got you. They are friends you've known a while.

Women can be exasperating, bro, but they are weaker than us. That is why they have a natural tendency to hesitate. They need to know if they are safe with a man. So they test his patience. How much can he take before he gives up on them? How much really do they mean to him?

Sometimes this natural behavior is taken to ridiculous lengths but typically there is always some pause no matter how short for her to figure out how much she really means to you. That knowledge will help her figure out if it's safe for her to let herself go with you.
Nice and I like the fact that you understand where i am coming from also..

But some girls own too much..Atimes i hear guys say it took them months some even years before a girl say yes..
I believe even before you ask some girls out,they already know if they love you or not...Though for some it could take a while.

Women are not that easy to understand.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Odunharry, I got you. They are friends you've known a while.

Women can be exasperating, bro, but they are weaker than us. That is why they have a natural tendency to hesitate. They need to know if they are safe with a man. So they test his patience. How much can he take before he gives up on them? How much really do they mean to him?

Sometimes this natural behavior is taken to ridiculous lengths but typically there is always some pause no matter how short for her to figure out how much she really means to you. That knowledge will help her figure out if it's safe for her to let herself go with you.

Lol!

You make us sound like wild animals in the jungle. That's the picture that readily comes to mind...kind of like the male peacock showing off his feathers cheesy

I'd rather use the word assess rather than hesitate. A lady usually knows almost immediately if a guy approaching her is a complete no-no and will therefore not need to hesitate.

However, if she feels he might get a "look in" a.k.a chance with her, she then decides to weigh him up and see if he'll stand the test assuming she decides to put him through it. It's at this point that she's assessing him as a potential suitor and whether he's got the basic criteria she's looking for.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

But some girls own too much..Atimes i hear guys say it took them months some even years before a girl say yes..
I believe even before you ask some girls out,they already know if they love you or not...Though for some it could take a while.

Every woman is different.

3 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
laplace12:

We are actually many, I know. But few or probably only I is speaking up undecided
Scheiße! It's really eating at you grin
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Being infatuated with someone is usually preceded with intense feelings of longing. Just goes to prove my point.
but i know it isnt infatuation
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

What is love then?

Certainly not what he's described so far.

One might even be in love with someone without even realising it. There's a lot more I can add to this, but I'd rather hear what he thinks it is.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Every woman is different.
yes that is absolutely true..

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
We are getting somewhere..
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

You make us sound like wild animals in the jungle. That's the picture that readily comes to mind...kind of like the male peacock showing off his feathers cheesy

I'd rather use the word assess rather than hesitate. A lady usually knows almost immediately if a guy approaching her is a complete no-no and will therefore not need to hesitate.

However, if she feels he might get a "look in" a.k.a chance with her, she then decides to weigh him up and see if he'll stand the test if she decides to put him through it. It's at this point that she's assessing him as a potential suitor and whether he's got the basic criteria she's looking for.

You've also gotta admit some ladies do this to keep their options open while deciding on their pick of the pack. Should that guy they like intensely eventually turn them down, they can then gladly warm up to the long-suffering suitor who has assured them of marriage.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by laplace12(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Scheiße! It's really eating at you grin

I don't understand undecided
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

You've also gotta admit some ladies do this to keep their options open while deciding on their pick of the pack. Should that guy they like intensely eventually turn them down, they can then gladly warm up to the long-suffering suitor who has assured them of marriage.

I agree with you to a point, but let's not go as far as mentioning marriage yet. Way too early.

Sometimes, if a woman / girl knows that the guy approaching her is a no-no, she might decide to play along with him, knowing nothing will ever come out of it. In this case, she's simply toying with him for the fun of it.

A lot of ladies are guilty of this at some point. I know I have been too.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
laplace12:

I don't understand undecided
don't worry, you will. Give it a day...
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I agree with you to a point, but let's not go as far as mentioning marriage yet. Way too early.

Sometimes, if a woman / girl knows that the guy approaching her is a no-no, she might decide to play along with him, knowing nothing will ever come out of it. In this case, she's simply toying with him for the fun of it.

chaii toy with a man's feeling?
Ladies there is Godd u oo
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

The male folk do it too.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Perhaps then.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

Was thinking same here. Toying... Now, that's remarkable.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

The male folk do it too.
I think ladies do it most..
Anyway it both side.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by ihedinobi2: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

If by women, you meant Nigerian women then I concur. smiley
By women I meant all women including Eskimos and Chinese.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Sort of. ....I was so sure like I know it all from the beginning before I was even born.......

We clicked. No struggle. No eye service. My soul knew it...
I found your comment quite interesting.
Is this an indication that when one meets that "future" wife, one will know it??

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:

By women I meant all women including Eskimos and Chinese.
I don't concur grin. My dating experience says otherwise.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

grin grin grin
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

I don't concur grin. My dating experience says otherwise.

Where are you located?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

I found your comment quite interesting.
Is this an indication that when one meets that "future" wife, one will know it??

Maybe...If we are sensitive and sober enough. ..
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by ihedinobi2: 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

Yes I understand, bro. I'm a red-blooded man too and I've had my share of frustration.

Yes, some women take years. Men are built hard enough to withstand the stress too.

It's not really a question of how they feel about you. It's more about whether it is safe for them to go with those feelings or not. Women are weaker than men. And living at such close quarters with a man of superior physical strength and real cruelty is a real danger for women to avoid. So they have a natural impulse to figure out whether you're safe to trust or not.

I don't think you should waste your time trying to understand them. Just be there for them if you care that much. Carry their weight and let them know that you want to keep doing that. It's up to you to decide how long you want to endure their hesitation. I do have a limit for myself but it has nothing to do with time sha.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Where are you located?
Can i not say that? I'll just borrow someone's words here, ich schätze meine Privatsphäre smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by edwife(f): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
The love of your life will find you when you least expect it...the most exciting relationships happen when you're not looking.

"Good thing happen when you least expect it"

3 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Maybe...If we are sensitive and sober enough. ..
It's subjective then
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:
The love of your life will find you when you least expect it...the most exciting relationships happen when you're not looking.

"Good thing happen when you least expect it"

Very correct. The library was the LAST place I expected to have met my wife..Na book them dey read for library na!
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by STENON(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
You can meet at any place and at anytime..... Jst be yourself....

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
STENON:
You can meet at any place and at anytime..... Jst be yourself....

Just be yourself. Very true.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Can i not say that? I'll just borrow someone's words here, ich schätze meine Privatsphäre smiley

Deutschland? Ja oder nein? Dann frag ich nicht mehr. tongue
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbo Nursery Rhymes And Children's Songs / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.