Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Should I Have Allowed Her? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Allowed Her? (25055 Views)

My Husband Did This When I Allowed His Female Friend Live With Us / I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. / Must We Bury People With Fanfare? , Rantings allowed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by LordReed(m): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
Ofcourse I'm assuming things that could happen in cases like this na, since madam wasn't patient enough to find out, or isn't any of those assumptions possible? We are all human and you don't need to be told, how a person is likely to react, when someone they already consider 'annoying' further does something to piss them off.

Again, you don't know why this lady entered that kitchen, emphasis on why, that's why you can't judge her based on what you did where you were staying for your IT.

She has crossed a line, okay we all agree, now find out why she crossed the line, the madam didn't do that, remember she was already angry, coupled with how she thinks the girl is annoying, she must have been harsh and rude to the girl in her approach, which made the girl reason "it's because I'm in your house na" and said to the madam "I don't blame you".

You and I weren't there, of a truth but if you understand human behavior, you will be able to see clearer what must have transpired, I don't support this girl but I need you to understand that, it's important to think before talking and concluding on people and that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The girl went into her kitchen, which some people consider wrong(keeping in mind that we don't know why she did), is that enough reason to talk to her anyhow? Even after talking to her anyhow, you still expect her to be nice to you? Why please?

Here is the reported progression of the event:

I summoned courage to ask what she was doing in my kitchen! She should have waited for the hostess (myself) to prepare whatever she will be eating. I got angry.

Then she throw these words at me, 'I don't blame u.
I blame Cassidy who refused we lodge in a hotel'.

Before I could say 'jack' she and my husband's friend packed their things and left the house.

Did the chic attempt to give a reason? Did the madam not ask? Was there any attempt to set the record straight after the fracas?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
chaircover:
Buky I have indirectly answered your question but since you want it in black and white here goes . .

No - I will not mind for someone who I have let sleep in my home goes into my kitchen and cook if I have chosen not to get out of bed in the morning to see that my guests are fed and comfortable.

Yes – I will only go to sleep in homes where I am welcome, hence, will think nothing of rustling something up to eat in the morning or opening their fridge and getting a drink if I was thirsty and even washing plates in the sink if I saw any . . . . . . . and I don’t even mind cooking for the whole house while I am there.

The issue is that you should not be opening your door for or going to people’s houses that you are not familiar with or you have issues with in the first instance.

My fridge is in my kitchen and when guests come, rather than this tray and glass malarkey I prefer to tell my guests to open the fridge and take whatever they want.

Lmao, I hate the glass and tray protocol ehnn, some people take it so seriously. You should see their faces when my husband asks for water and I throw him a bottle you would assume I just committed murder

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by rebella(f): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Much ado about nothing. To bukatyne questions, 1 I won't enter the a host kitchen unless given permission.
2. If a guest enters my kitchen without my permission, I wudn't fuss, I'll just make sure she has everything she wants. No time for unnecessary stress.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by crackhaus: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
At least for a change, it's not the men dolling it out on Nigerian women on this forum... gringrin

If to say na me or one of my comrades drop this truth like it's hot, people blood for dey boil by now - Nigerian women have issues, this is a fact!
What a breath of fresh air on this thread cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Well for me no big deal about kitchen its somewhere anyone can enter and get food abeg. All I would have expected from guest is to politely answer madam and both would have joked and laughed over it. Some women like stress, me I no fit all that protocol and wahala, I tell you feel free, see where everything is no just disturb my sleep na my own be that.

But perhaps girl was rude because madam was hostile from the beginning but I like girl somehow she no dey carry nonsense and so the man too no dey carry her play. If she didn't have strong stand with the man the girl for do eye service kneel down beg self, these is how babes should be no eye service from start tomorrow if he marries her the standard is already set no one will disrespect her and oga will allow
But you let your hosts tell you, 'this is the kitchen, u can get anything u want' or something like that, truth be told, the guest lacks manners, and the host should have condoned it.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by mutter(f): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
That is the first thing I tell all my guests!
Serve yourself, my kitchen is your kitchen!

I would have told the girl to look that she makes her friend comfortable and gives him what he wants.

Any lady that visits here is in trouble.- I hand you over the cooking immediately!

I would have told the girl to cook for her friend just coming from abroad. We need to study her if she is good wife material.Then I would have enjoyed my short break from the kitchen.

The only problem is that my husband would not eat any other person`s food. It has to be someone close like a sister of in law. And one or two very close friends undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by freecocoa(f): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
LordReed:

Here is the reported progression of the event:

I summoned courage to ask what she was doing in my kitchen! She should have waited for the hostess (myself) to prepare whatever she will be eating. I got angry.

Then she throw these words at me, 'I don't blame u.
I blame Cassidy who refused we lodge in a hotel'.

Before I could say 'jack' she and my husband's friend packed their things and left the house.

Did the chic attempt to give a reason? Did the madam not ask? Was there any attempt to set the record straight after the fracas?
Lol grin.

1.The madam is the one recounting what happened.

2.The madam made it clear, she found the girl's attitude annoying(before the encounter in the kitchen o)meanwhile, they arrived by 10pm the previous night o.

3.When do you think a married woman with a 7 months old baby goes to sleep in Nigeria? Yet she had time to notice the girl had an annoying attitude, okay o.

From the above points, we can clearly see that, Madam is already biased, therefore, she wouldn't be totally fair in her recount, so there's no way she talked to the girl with a friendly disposition, it is that simple, you know it and I know it.

Btw, "what are you doing in my kitchen, you should have waited for me to prepare what you'll be eating"

How do you think that would sound when said by someone already angry? Or she said it before getting angry? grin, the phrase in itself, sounds condescending to me. undecided

There was no attempt to set the record straight cos madam don already spoil everything and the girl sef don vex too, , that's what I've been saying, you don't give people bullsh1t and expect respect, even if it's your house.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
cheesy.

I didn't o.

Ok, maybe bereton international cheesy.

btw, What's wrong saying things as it is.

This is NOT a gender issue.
You advice on that thread , some call you man hater,
You advice in another thread, they say women are their worst enemy.

Is everything linked to gender in this website. How old are we again

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
moca:
U know why this topic is still trending?

Cos it depict d behavior of an average nigerian wife who believes that her authority and world begins and ends in d kitchen.

Also we tend to have that feeling of superiority once the ring is there.
All other unmarried ladies(even if they r better of) will forever remain under her. So in every opportunity that avail itself,we tend to show off that we r better off.

D truth is,unmarried ladies suffer a lot from their married counterparts(no wonder everybody want to marry anybody by all means and when d kitchen is too hot, will not wanna come out Bc of bashing from d same people).

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Read well and digest slowly I have answered your question more than once self i humoured you by answering again no turn me to craze person wey go dey repeat one thing abeg. I clearly answered there abeg, and i guess it makes me " ill mannered and unright thinking Naija person "

There is no need for the bolded neither is there any need to be riled up

We all have different things that matter to us...

I would never cook in unknown person's kitchen uninvited; I would not take lightly same done to me grin

That said,

My guests are always treated properly and pampered; ensure they are comfortable and cozy (if PHCN does not spoil show)
My hosts always want me to come back; who would not mind freshly made beds, cleaned up bathrooms, swept living rooms and gratitude.

That's bukatyne

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
rebella:
Much ado about nothing. To bukatyne questions, 1 I won't enter the a host kitchen unless given permission.
2. If a guest enters my kitchen without my permission, I wudn't fuss, I'll just make sure she has everything she wants. No time for unnecessary stress.

Thanks for your answers
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol grin.

1.The madam is the one recounting what happened.

E.The madam made it clear, she found the girl's attitude annoying(before the encounter in the kitchen o)meanwhile, they arrived by 10pm the previous night o.

3.When do you think a married woman with a 7 months old baby go to sleep in Nigeria? Yet she had time to notice the girl had an annoying attitude, okay o.

From the above points, we can clearly see that, Madam is already biased, therefore, she wouldn't be totally fair in her recount, so there's no way she talked to the girl with a friendly disposition, it is that simple, you know it and I know it.

Btw, "what are you doing in my kitchen, you should have waited for me to prepare what you'll be eating"

How do you think that would sound when said by someone already angry? Or she said it before getting angry? grin, the phrase in itself, sounds condescending to me. undecided

When a person does something wrong it is not unreasonable to find the person wronged getting angry, we cannot fault madam for getting angry, her home her rules. She was full of prejudice and anger in her question so chic decides to be saucy back like two wrongs make a right yeah? Makes no attempt to pacify or douse situation and takes off in a huff and you don't think chic has an attitude problem?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
chaircover:
Buky I have indirectly answered your question but since you want it in black and white here goes . .

No - I will not mind for someone who I have let sleep in my home goes into my kitchen and cook if I have chosen not to get out of bed in the morning to see that my guests are fed and comfortable.

Yes – I will only go to sleep in homes where I am welcome, hence, will think nothing of rustling something up to eat in the morning or opening their fridge and getting a drink if I was thirsty and even washing plates in the sink if I saw any . . . . . . . and I don’t even mind cooking for the whole house while I am there.

The issue is that you should not be opening your door for or going to people’s houses that you are not familiar with or you have issues with in the first instance.

My fridge is in my kitchen and when guests come, rather than this tray and glass malarkey I prefer to tell my guests to open the fridge and take whatever they want.

And how would the wife have refused to open the door?

"Hello Cassidy... bla bla'; sees unknown face (lady) and close the door?"

Does the wife automatically trust Cassidy's lady whom she met that night because she slept there overnight?

I will only go to sleep in homes where I am welcome

Unfortunately, the Cassidy's lady did not know the family and should have had problems doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

There is no need for the bolded neither is there any need to be riled up

We all have different things that matter to us...

I would never cook in unknown person's kitchen uninvited; I would not take lightly same done to me grin

That said,

My guests are always treated properly and pampered; ensure they are comfortable and cozy (if PHCN does not spoil show)
My hosts always want me to come back; who would not mind freshly made beds, cleaned up bathrooms, swept living rooms and gratitude.

That's bukatyne

Wonderful of you. However know your rules and how you live is different from how the next person lives. Am lazy and I have a 7-5 househelp. After 5pm everyone is on their own, it works for me as your method of petting guests work for you.
Riled up yes, when you type some things you dont get to determine how people respond to them. First you said no right thinking Nigerian would act like that, I corrected you, then you turned to Yorubas and Chaircover tried to correct that and you went on her about being not fully Yoruba because she lives abroad, next you come and tag people who don't act the way you approve ill mannered. If you don't know all these three instances you were OFFENSIVE and what is more offensive now is you thinking you can tell me how to respond to more offensive comments you made.

You are a wonderful guest and a wonderful host in your book, and I respect that, also respect my choice to be the kind of guest and kind of host I want to be without further offensive remarks about tribe or nationality or even manners. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
LordReed:

When a person does something wrong it is not unreasonable to find the person wronged getting angry, we cannot fault madam for getting angry, her home her rules. She was full of prejudice and anger in her question so chic decides to be saucy back like two wrongs make a right yeah? Makes no attempt to pacify or douse situation and takes off in a huff and you don't think chic has an attitude problem?

No way. The girl is a saint and madam is a demon.

And every female on this thread will walk into a stranger's kitchen (one that's apparently been giving them attitude no less) the next morning and start cooking uninvited. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:
this is our nigerian madam. waiting for her guest to enter the kitchen
chilli cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
Exactly
edwife:
Every action has consequences....

All the party involved in this scenario are bush people.....

1) Mr visitor from abroad,whenever you are invited to someone's house please notify the host that you will be bringing an extra luggage.They only prepared for you.Obvioulsly his stay abroad was a waste! Next time cassidy go to a hotel!

2)Miss girfriend,next time read body language....there is no way you did not see something odd about MADAM,when someone is unfriendly you just know it,for the fact that you guys were not acquainted you should have stayed the hell out of her kitchen....

3) Madam,you are one low-self esteem lady with this nasty attitude of judging people before knowing them.You need to work on yourself,you being married does not make you any better than anyone out there.Being nice and courteous does not cost much....
why you mad? undecided

4)Sir,next time stand by your madam....as your friend did-do teach your woman some notion of being a good host and self-esteem... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:
Please ladies, honest yes or no answers to these two questions below:

1. If you and hubby went to one of hubby's friend house whom you have never met, will you enter their kitchen the next morning making breakfast without hubby's friend's wife giving you permission?

2. If hubby invited a friend (known to you) who brings along a lady, would you like if this lady (not known to you) wakes up the next morning and jumps into your kitchen without you permitting/inviting her to do so?

I go first

1. No
2. No

O ya start...
first question. No

Second question, there's won't be such a scenario because I will tell her it is ok to use it the moment she gets into the house

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Wonderful of you. However know your rules and how you live is different from how the next person lives. Am lazy and I have a 7-5 househelp. After 5pm everyone is on their own, it works for me as your method of petting guests work for you.
Riled up yes, when you type some things you dont get to determine how people respond to them. First you said no right thinking Nigerian would act like that, I corrected you, then you turned to Yorubas and Chaircover tried to correct that and you went on her about being not fully Yoruba because she lives abroad, next you come and tag people who don't act the way you approve ill mannered. If you don't know all these three instances you were OFFENSIVE and what is more offensive now is you thinking you can tell me how to respond to more offensive comments you made.

You are a wonderful guest and a wonderful host in your book, and I respect that, also respect my choice to be the kind of guest and kind of host I want to be without further offensive remarks about tribe or nationality or even manners. Thank you

I doubt I have told anyone how to behave in this thread; infact, I, Damiso and LordReed seem to go against the mainstream of this thread.

If I come to your house and tell me ... 'I have free to use the kitchen', I will thank you and use the kitchen
If you don't, I will wait till you offer me breakfast.

Have a great day

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

If all of you have seen his peni-s you are all EQUAL in the eyes of the balls. ( forgive my french)
cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
first question. No

Second question, there's won't be such a scenario because I will tell her it is ok to use it the moment she gets into the house

Coco,

Thanks

That has been our point; you do not cook in someone's kitchen TILL they give you the permission to do so.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
ileobatojo:

No way. The girl is a saint and madam is a demon.

And every female on this thread will walk into a stranger's kitchen (one that's apparently been giving them attitude no less) the next morning and start cooking uninvited. grin grin

LOLs!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

I doubt I have told anyone how to behave in this thread; infact, I, Damiso and LordReed seem to go against the mainstream of this thread.

If I come to your house and tell me ... 'I have free to use the kitchen', I will thank you and use the kitchen
If you don't, I will wait till you offer me breakfast.

Have a great day

Oh yes you have. You have said anyone who behaves like that is not a right thinking Nigerian, you have also said they are not real Yorubas then the last one is that its ill mannered people. Yes you have, and if I get riled up and respond accordingly its my right to do so.

Its a simple point you don't make the rules for everyone and add negative tags to those who don't follow your rules. Leave LordReed and Damiso out of this they didn't go generalising and tagging people you did

6 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
chilli cheesy

Yes dear smiley

Can the queen help ?
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:

Yes dear smiley

Can the queen help ?
abeg I no fit laugh chilli

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Coco,

Thanks

That has been our point; you do not cook in someone's kitchen TILL they give you the permission to do so.
not because it is bad manners actually (in my opinion) but simply because I don't know how they will react seeing as it means a lot to some folks.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Abeg, aisha and buky, it's ok pls.
We shouldn't take this serious.
I never did.
Was just having fun.
Tot that was what everybody was doing too
It hv do abeg kiss

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by ElFenomeno1: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
imoleay0:
I just read this, what do you guys think?

"My husband had called me that his friend who lives in Europe came back and will be spending the weekend with us before he goes to visit his family. My baby was 7 months old then.
I hurriedly prepared something for him. At
10PM that day, he arrived but with a young girl whom he introduced as his girlfriend. The girl just looked at me with this stern look that looks like "how can I be greeting this small girl? I'm older than her". I ignored her and served them food.

The attitude of the girl in my own home was just so annoying but I figured since she's gonna be here for a while, I might as well endure her.

The next morning, I was still in bed when I heard some noise in the kitchen. I went to check and behold a stranger preparing fried egg in my kitchen.

WTF!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. To make matters worse, she was so dressed indecently in my home. I summoned courage to ask what she was doing in my kitchen! She should hav e waited for the hostess (myself) to prepare whatever she will be eating. I got angry. Then she throw these words at me, 'I don't blame u. I blame Cassidy who refused we lodge in a
hotel'. Before I could say 'jack' she and my husband's friend packed their things and left the house.

This Brought a slight misunderstanding between my husband and I as my husband said I should have ignored her for his friend's sake. He also demanded I appologize to the girl and also his friend. I agreed to apologize to the friend but never his girlfriend. I got to understand that the girl is just his bedmate but to the girl, she thought she was the "everything". I made peace with my husband by apologizing to his friend.

If you were in my shoes, would you have kept quiet seeing a stranger in your kitchen? Even after she disrespected you? What would have been ur reaction? Did I do wrong by reacting?"

Your kitchen? cheesy cheesy cheesy
SMh.... You lot take things way too seriously.
Just because she went into your kitchen to fry eggs, you rolled out of bed and confronted her!
Get a life!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
moca:
Abeg, aisha and buky, it's ok pls.
We shouldn't take this serious.
I never did.
Was just having fun.
Tot that was what everybody was doing too
It hv do abeg kiss

There is no problem

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
not because it is bad manners actually (in my opinion) but simply because I don't know how they will react seeing as it means a lot to some folks.

Ok then
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Oh yes you have. You have said anyone who behaves like that is not a right thinking Nigerian, you have also said they are not real Yorubas then the last one is that its ill mannered people. Yes you have, and if I get riled up and respond accordingly its my right to do so.

Its a simple point you don't make the rules for everyone and add negative tags to those who don't follow your rules. Leave LordReed and Damiso out of this they didn't go generalising and tagging people you did

I see you edited your post

I did not do name tagging nor did I join them in any issues.

if you feel offended by my some of my posts, I apologize however, I do not apologize for my opinions.

There is no need to take this too serious; we are neither the host nor guest in the OP.

It is all good.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by freecocoa(f): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
LordReed:

Wait o, so you are saying madam's anger is justified? She had a right to get angry and talk to the girl anyhow because girl entered her kitchen to fry an egg? Why are you dismissing madam's already biased state of mind before the encounter? Is that not a factor here?

Why should the girl pacify her when madam must have insulted her? Don't you think since madam already think her annoying, whatever she said would still be used against her? Inshort, how are you sure she didn't try and madam insisted on making trouble? For both men to insist she apologize, then madam is not telling us everything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Seriously Contemplating A Divorce / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? / Husband Abandons His Wife, Says Twins, CS Are Taboos In Rivers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.