Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House (10789 Views)

Opinion Poll: How Do You Prefer To Clean Your Anus / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Opinion Poll: Better Be Divorced Than Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
LadyX:
Welcome dear.
When you complete the polls post the results.

Might not be able to do so...

There is no opinion poll button; might count manually sha.

Thanks for understanding my question; might have been difficult to do so
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Just answer the kwestion and leave the entry mode for mathias grin
If she jumps in she'll be shot. grin IMO, the safest mode of entry is teleportation. tongue
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
LadyX:
Welcome dear.
When you complete the polls post the results.

Very funny.

Post which result?
For opinions?
Even the ones wey no get kitchen sef get opinion.

So Wetin you wan carry the result do undecided
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

What are you counting ? After counting, Wetin you wan carry the result do bikonu

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm lipsrsealed
Your mouth looks funny. What's up? sad grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
If she jumps in she'll be shot. grin IMO, the safest mode of entry is teleportation. tongue

Answer joor.
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

What are you counting ? After counting, Wetin you wan carry the result do bikonu

Might sell it tongue
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
Your mouth looks funny. What's up? sad grin

Your wifey cannot invite a male friend or invite a female friend who brings an unexpected male friend? grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Might sell it tongue

Photocopy it and keep at your office desk. angry

Buka the buka.

Remind me not to ask for invite letter to your house o. Before you give me hbp angry grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Buka the buka.

Remind me not to ask for invite letter to your house o. Before you give me hbp angry grin

If I invite you to my house, you will be free to use the kitchen grin

Would like to try those exotic dishes you post online wink

The issue bothers on courtesy than kingdom ruling

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Your wifey cannot invite a male friend or invite a female friend who brings an unexpected male friend? grin
An unexpected male friend who will take my car keys? angry He better drive and not come back. Hehehehe grin

But seriously BeeKay, speaking for my wife, she'd ask for permission but, wouldn't bite off the rude guest's head if they didn't.
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Buka the buka.

Buka is just being pedantic, I tell you I made oats in her kitchen this morning. Bukatyne, sorry for not cleaning them dishes afterwards, I was in a hurry besides, the milk tasted funny. You get a new tin. angry
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by LadyX(f): 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Very funny.

Post which result?
For opinions?
Even the ones wey no get kitchen sef get opinion.

So Wetin you wan carry the result do undecided

grin grin grin Kitchen na where u dey cook.
Even if it's under a tree cheesy

The result will help me to understand people's behaviour, so that when I get married I'll know what to expect or to do.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
An unexpected male friend who will take my car keys? angry He better drive and not come back. Hehehehe grin

But seriously BeeKay, speaking for my wife, she'd ask for permission but, wouldn't bite off the rude guest's head if they didn't.

In essence, it's no to both questions

Thanks

@ bold: That's it the point

It's rude in walk into someone's kitchen UNINVITED to cook

LOL@ drive and not come back.. wishing the poor dude death? Might have wanted to test run the ride na grin

Probably learning NOT to bite rude guests but I will be surprised all the same grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by LadyX(f): 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

No worries. I've learnt a lot from this post, though I still stick with my opinion.
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
Buka is just being pedantic, I tell you I made oats in her kitchen this morning. Bukatyne, sorry for not cleaning them dishes afterwards, I was in a hurry besides, the milk tasted funny. You get a new tin. angry

Will appreciate you get me a new tin

I open my doors and my kitchen to you and you cannot replace my tin of milk?

Which kind of guest are you? angry
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Will appreciate you get me a new tin

I open my doors and my kitchen to you and you cannot replace my tin of milk?

Which kind of guest are you? angry
Just ask nicely. Anyway, I already did. tongue
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by charles316: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
aisha2:

Who are you telling " easy now"? I am not your child oh, you cannot determine my comment or response to any post madam. Find someone else to be condescending towards abeg, not me.

Woman, it seems that you have nothing meaningful to say on this thread. Why dont you go find something that will interest you instead of forming boss on nairaland. Madam feminist.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

In essence, it's no to both questions

Thanks

@ bold: That's it the point

It's rude in walk into someone's kitchen UNINVITED to cook

LOL@ drive and not come back.. wishing the poor dude death? Might have wanted to test run the ride na grin

Probably learning NOT to bite rude guests but I will be surprised all the same grin
Well, many people would be peeved but come on civility is what it is.

Death for the car thief? Nah. Just saying ko ni fe te. Hehehe. They can only drive if there's an emergency. Have you ever come across someone just taking their host's vehicle for a spin? Nah, cooking food for survival is one thing, driving off in my volkswagen beetle is another grin. Besides, it's got an immobiliser.
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by bukatyne(f): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

Well, many people would be peeved but come on civility is what it is.

Death for the car thief? Nah. Just saying ko ni fe te. Hehehe. They can only drive if there's an emergency. Have you ever come across someone just taking their host's vehicle for a spin? Nah, cooking food for survival is one thing, driving off in my volkswagen beetle is another grin. Besides, it's got an immobiliser.

True

Lol @ ko ni fe te...

Cooking food for survival grin

I would have appreciated if some peeps answered yes or no than go on and on how their kitchen is a home to all..

Some poster on the other thread clearly asked what we will all do as the guest.... not as the host.

Nice thread anyways...

Gimme your house address.... I might want to try taking your beetle on a spin.... for survival of course! cool
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
bukatyne:

True

Lol @ ko ni fe te...

Cooking food for survival grin

I would have appreciated if some peeps answered yes or no than go on and on how their kitchen is a home to all..

Some poster on the other thread clearly asked what we will all do as the guest.... not as the host.

Nice thread anyways...

Gimme your house address.... I might want to try taking your beetle on a spin.... for survival of course! cool
Lol, glad you got my drift.

Meanwhile, why do you think the babe got up to cook that early, if their want some form of hunger-induced discomfort? Ulcer? Weakness? Coulda been anything, you know?

Per other posters, you juts need to be a good host , this is your kitchen thread, after all. tongue wink. Live and let live, sis.

You stylishly pre-asked for permission to drive the Beetle abi? Anyway, I keep the keys in the freezer cos Junior's hands can't get there. wink
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lol, why are people comparing kitchens to cars? I'm 100%, without a doubt, more concerned with where my car keys are than who's in the kitchen, or any other corner of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by soulglo: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
1. No
2. Hell to da No

4 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
cococandy:
For those seeing this as an issue of civilization or whatever,just remember that people are different. Cultures are different and all that.

Living in the west where modern houses are open floor plans doesn't make one more civilized than a nigerian resident whose modern house has a separation between living room and kitchen.
That seperation is probably what turns it into a private arena. Just saying.

Ehen so gentle gentle with the jabs. undecided

It is definitely not an issue for me.

It may not be a big deal to you too for a guest to saunter into your kitchen and make themselves a meal, but then it may be a huge deal for your host if you go into their kitchen even if you're related.
In order to avoid friction in your host's house and maybe have them complaining about you to their hubby or whoever when you've gone be sure they are cool with it.

When you reach your own house, you can be civilized all you want.
Do I have an open floor plan where any guest who walks into my house is privy to my kitchen space? Yes I do.
Would I mind if they walk over and spend some time with me in the kitchen or even cook? No I don't.

But it doesn't mean I expect the same from them.
So just in case,I hold off for a bit and find out if it is ok by them before I go ahead.

The funny thing is, it has nothing to do with the kitchen per se (from my viewpoint). It's not like I'll be angered or bothered with with the guest for daring to cook, or whatever. To me, the idea of the guest going in the kitchen to cook for the home is akin to him/her going out to mow the lawn, or cleaning the house, i.e, what a poor host(ess).

That's how I see it. I suppose it's all about perspective..

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by pickabeau1: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hosts now encourage you to come along with your int'l driving license so you can use a car for shopping and whatnots or lease a car

Some go for as low as 60$ per day(insurance inclusive)

Why should a host be driving around all day or cooking all day

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by silvermist(f): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
^^^bump
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by damiso(f): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
pickabeau1:
in my experience so far

In the West-- kitchens are open and no biggie
Some even allow use of cars as i noticed there was a comparison of car to kitchen

Here - kitchens are temples and are forbidden to everyone but the hostess
Some even dont allow their husbands to take meat from pot of soup.

The hostess was out of line
She did not like the girl frend and had a superiority complex

Hosts should be accomodating
You allowed them in

Ok...I no get pawa again jare seems the etiquette/manners point is subjective.

Hosts be accomodating, ,guests just carry go grin

Abeg who will host me out of all this excellent hosts we have on NL I will be coming with my 2 year old who is one man ransacker grin grin grin you must not vex if he ransacks your underwear cabinet o tongue grin grin grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by pickabeau1: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
damiso:

Ok...I no get pawa again jare seems the etiquette/manners point is subjective.

Hosts be accomodating, ,guests just carry go grin

Abeg who will host me out of all this excellent host we have on NL I will be coming with my 2 year old who is one man ransacker grin grin grin you must not vex if he ransacks your underwear cabinet o tongue grin grin grin

We will have loved to

Dont know if your itinerary comes close to my end in the vibrant SS
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by damiso(f): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
pickabeau1:

We will have loved to

Dont know if your itinerary comes close to my end in the vibrant SS

Where is SS?
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by pickabeau1: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
damiso:

Where is SS?

South South
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
pickabeau1:
Hosts now encourage you to come along with your int'l driving license so you can use a car for shopping and whatnots or lease a car

Some go for as low as 60$ per day(insurance inclusive)

Why should a host be driving around all day or cooking all day

Latent truths, right there.
Re: Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House by pickabeau1: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
Latent truths, right there.

True that ,,.. bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Survive A Loveless Marriage? / I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? / My 2-Year-Old Son Is Mean :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.