Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,429 members, 7,958,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Day I Died( A Must Read) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Day I Died( A Must Read) (1029 Views)

Photo Of The Native Doctor Who Died In Imo While Having Sex With A Prostitute / The Day I Almost Died After Checking My Girlfriend's Phone / The Day I Lost My Virginity To My Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Finland(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
I was in my room one evening about 15 years ago. I was an undergraduate in one of the Tertiary institutions in Nigeria. To be precise, YABATECH.

I was hungry, searched all my lockers and bags but nothing good to eat. I checked my wallet and it dawned on me that I was broke, you know one of those times in school when you had finished your pocket money before you were due for another.
I was hungry and I had no Idea where to get food, almost every student was as bad I was. Constantly broke! So, I decided to go to a friend's room in another hostel. Maybe I could catch him eating and join him if he invited me. Although students don't always invite to student to eat but I decided to try my luck.

I headed to Dolapo's room(Not his real name). He was my course mate. He was a short guy with high personality, very nice and a “ready to give” type.
After knocking I went in and we started gisting while he continued with his engineering drawing assignment. I opened up to him.
"Dolapo, your guy dey "H" o!" We usually don't call it Hunger. We always use the word "H” to make it sound kind of not embarrassing. Students have coded word for everything you know?

"It's your lucky day" he replied. Pointing to a covered bowl on the other side of the table. ”I wanted to finish this assignment and jump on the food but since you are here and hungry, you can eat that and I will find something else to eat"
I knew him to be a nice guy but for a student to give you all his reserved food without even thinking twice raised a red flag.
"Go on, eat it you don't have to be scared I have no reason to kill you" he said that with laughter and continued his drawing assignment.
I opened the bowl of food. It was eba(gaari) with vegetable soup and two huge fried meat. Now, the red flag raised just got huge. Most students don't cook food with meat in the hostels. In our days, we usually go for boiled egg and most we could afford was fish but Meat? You have to be super rich.

The hunger in me was getting aggressive but I summoned the courage and asked
"But Dolapo, this is fried meat and..." He cut in saying I should just please cover the food if I was not interested. No more questions. I looked at him and I saw he was getting angry already.
"Where can I wash my hands" I asked. I was too hungry to let go yet my mind was in disarray. I devoured the food and I was about to pounce on the two big pieces of meat (as you know we were taught meat comes last when eating) when one of Dolapo's roommates entered and saw me eating. He froze with a face as if he had just seen a ghost; he looked at me and looked at Dolapo.
"So you finally gave this food to someone else, the food you were scared to eat"
I was like "wait, what!" what did I just hear. I turned to Dolapo with my heart pounding 20 times per second, looking like a guy that had just been shot with five bullets. I could not say a word. I was just looking at him waiting for answers.

"Don't mind my roommate,” His response was quick and sounded unusually defensive. “He is an idiot. Tola brought the food for me and since it was well cooked and prepared, my roommates were making a lot of assumptions. But you know Tola now! She’s not that type of girl"
Tola (not her real name) was a slim girl. Very slim the type you could call a witch but she's one of the kindest people I had met. Loving and caring but you never could tell. The roommate explained further that Dolapo and Tola had a very big fight few days back. Tola accused Dolapo of cheating. She brought the food immediately after they settled their differences today.

I had eaten the food already and I could not undo that but the two pieces of meat remaining were still staring up at me from the bowl. I saved the best for the last. I looked at Dolapo’s face, then the roommate’s face and stared and the delicious 2 pieces of meat.
”Well, I trust Tola, she from a Christian home and there was no way she would want to harm Dolapo” I said hurriedly but deep inside I was not convinced. Having said that I swallowed the meat, it tasted more delicious than it looked. I downed it with a sachet of pure water and I felt good. Tummy was filled as last.

I stayed a bit with them and we discussed a guy that was murdered by the cultists few days before and sleep was calling so I excused myself and left for my Hostel.

I got to my room had a shower and hugged my bed for the night.

At around 3.am I woke up with a very severe stomachache. It was like they were fight world war 3 in my tummy. I had never experienced that kind of pain before. I could not even say a word. The pain came from within to my upper mouth, clutching my throat. (To be continued)

Concluding part

"The end has come," I thought to myself. ” I'm going to die because of "ojukokoro" covetousness. May be the poison was in the meat because they were exceptionally delicious or may be the poison was in the entire food. ” Those thoughts was racing through my mind but as the pain intensified and I knew the end had come.
I remembered all the ladies I dated and how I dumped them for others. (Some dumped me too though). Maybe they are the ones after me, may be not the food. It has to be the food. Maybe, Tola wanted Dolapo dead. A lot of may be(s).
Then I thought about praying. “Would God answer me?” I was such a bad boy. God doesn't answer bad boys. Thankfully I remembered Psalm 23 and I recited it in my heart and it was like the Psalm escalated the pain. "God is angry at me" I thought to myself. The pain grew worse and I was drifting away and then I died.
Few hours later, I woke up. There was this bright light shinning at my eyes. I was still in my lying down position. “This must be heaven”I looked up and I saw the "IBO Fan" I bought from Oshodi few weeks back. I never knew The Ibo(s) make fake products in heaven as well. I thought to myself”Heaven might me much more interesting than I thought." Then I heard the sounds and movement of my roommates getting ready for class. Are my roommates dead and are in heaven as well? I called out to one of them. and he shouted back at me.
"Please don't call me.” He shouted back at me. I’m late for class and I just want to finish this tea and zoom off" Tea? I wondered. From everything Jesus Said about heaven in the bible, drinking tea was not mentioned.
“I am not dead! “ I shouted.

The bright light was the early morning sunlight. I stood up and I could still feel some pain in my tummy but not excruciating. What happened? Did Psalm 23 save my life? I wondered.
The few minutes later, I rushed to the Toilet. I emptied my bowels. It was kind of thick and watery at the same time and my God! It was very Smelly like it had been kept somewhere for days.
After that I was relieved. I felt good and back to normal. Like nothing happened. I thought about it again and I was like, was I really poisoned? Just to be sure I dressed up skipped classes and went straight to school health center. Some poison might still be there waiting like time bombs.

After so much waiting it was my turn to see the doctor. I explained what happened but I skipped the part of the “circumstances” surrounding the food.

"It was food poisoning" he stated. I was like how did he know?
"Are you a witch doctor or medical doctor?" I questioned. ”How did you know I was poisoned?"
He laughed and started looking at me. You know the kind of "you are stupid" look. I felt uneasy. I adjust my ass on the seat waiting for some kind of explanation.

"Food poisoning is a common, yet distressing and sometimes life-threatening problem for millions of people in the world. People infected with food-borne organisms may be symptom-free or may have symptoms ranging from mild intestinal discomfort to severe dehydration and bloody diarrhea. Depending on the type of infection, people can even die as a result of food poisoning" He stated with medical professional voice.
"It is caused by eating contaminated food.” He continued. “Infectious organisms — including bacteria, viruses and parasites can contaminate food at any point of processing or production. Contamination can also occur at home if food is incorrectly handled or cooked." He concluded.
So, I was not poisoned. It occurred because the guy had left the food on the table for such a long time without refrigerating.( We don't have fridges in Nigerian schools). The Food contained vegetables so it had higher chances of being contaminated if not refrigerated for such a long time.

The reason I am writing this story is because if I had not been to the hospital, I would have believed Dolapo intentionally gave me the poisoned food and used me as a lab rat.
If the food poisoning had killed me, Dolapo’s roommate would have raised an alarm. Dolapo would have accused Tola and Tola and Dolapo would be cooling it off in prison. Love life would have been destroyed.
Today, Dolapo and Tola are happily married with two kids.
I made no mention of the incident to them till today.
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by ifex370(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2015
space reserved, abeg drop another before u sleep
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Geesammy(m): 12:09am On Jan 25, 2015
#Following you like twitter grin#Following you like twitter
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by mirexxx(f): 12:23am On Jan 25, 2015
ur topic is scary smiley can't read it bye
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by ekundayoalo(m): 12:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Following
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 25, 2015
Me dey follow.two meat lol
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by maaft(m): 12:47am On Jan 25, 2015
guy. come finish this story naaaaa
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by benkings(m): 12:59am On Jan 25, 2015
mirexxx:
ur topic is scary smiley can't read it bye
I thought u a christain Why u afraid 2 die Abi u no wan go heaven grin
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by mirexxx(f): 1:01am On Jan 25, 2015
benkings:
I thought u a christain Why u afraid 2 die Abi u no wan go heaven grin
stop plz
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by benkings(m): 1:02am On Jan 25, 2015
*Spreads sack on the ground waiting anxiously for the op* abeg come complete dis thing ooo abi u don alredi die before film finish
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Finland(m): 1:13am On Jan 25, 2015
I will post the concluding part first thing tomorrow morning. Please be patient.
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:23am On Jan 25, 2015
Am tired joor I can't read this newspaper
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by boboLIL(m): 1:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Looks predictable..... Nollywood....
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by boss1310(m): 3:45am On Jan 25, 2015
i know your story is fiction yet i love it already,it gives me comfort from my sleepless night cos of too much heat here.go on joor
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Finland(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2015
It happened to me for real. Not works of fiction.
The concluding part has been added or read below. Thanks

"The end has come," I thought to myself. ” I'm going to die because of "ojukokoro" covetousness. May be the poison was in the meat because they were exceptionally delicious or may be the poison was in the entire food. ” Those thoughts was racing through my mind but as the pain intensified and I knew the end had come.
I remembered all the ladies I dated and how I dumped them for others. (Some dumped me too though). Maybe they are the ones after me, may be not the food. It has to be the food. Maybe, Tola wanted Dolapo dead. A lot of may be(s).
Then I thought about praying. “Would God answer me?” I was such a bad boy. God doesn't answer bad boys. Thankfully I remembered Psalm 23 and I recited it in my heart and it was like the Psalm escalated the pain. "God is angry at me" I thought to myself. The pain grew worse and I was drifting away and then I died.
Few hours later, I woke up. There was this bright light shinning at my eyes. I was still in my lying down position. “This must be heaven”I looked up and I saw the "IBO Fan" I bought from Oshodi few weeks back. I never knew The Ibo(s) make fake products in heaven as well. I thought to myself”Heaven might me much more interesting than I thought." Then I heard the sounds and movement of my roommates getting ready for class. Are my roommates dead and are in heaven as well? I called out to one of them. and he shouted back at me.
"Please don't call me.” He shouted back at me. I’m late for class and I just want to finish this tea and zoom off" Tea? I wondered. From everything Jesus Said about heaven in the bible, drinking tea was not mentioned.
“I am not dead! “ I shouted.

The bright light was the early morning sunlight. I stood up and I could still feel some pain in my tummy but not excruciating. What happened? Did Psalm 23 save my life? I wondered.
The few minutes later, I rushed to the Toilet. I emptied my bowels. It was kind of thick and watery at the same time and my God! It was very Smelly like it had been kept somewhere for days.
After that I was relieved. I felt good and back to normal. Like nothing happened. I thought about it again and I was like, was I really poisoned? Just to be sure I dressed up skipped classes and went straight to school health center. Some poison might still be there waiting like time bombs.

After so much waiting it was my turn to see the doctor. I explained what happened but I skipped the part of the “circumstances” surrounding the food.

"It was food poisoning" he stated. I was like how did he know?
"Are you a witch doctor or medical doctor?" I questioned. ”How did you know I was poisoned?"
He laughed and started looking at me. You know the kind of "you are stupid" look. I felt uneasy. I adjust my ass on the seat waiting for some kind of explanation.

"Food poisoning is a common, yet distressing and sometimes life-threatening problem for millions of people in the world. People infected with food-borne organisms may be symptom-free or may have symptoms ranging from mild intestinal discomfort to severe dehydration and bloody diarrhea. Depending on the type of infection, people can even die as a result of food poisoning" He stated with medical professional voice.
"It is caused by eating contaminated food.” He continued. “Infectious organisms — including bacteria, viruses and parasites can contaminate food at any point of processing or production. Contamination can also occur at home if food is incorrectly handled or cooked." He concluded.
So, I was not poisoned. It occurred because the guy had left the food on the table for such a long time without refrigerating.( We don't have fridges in Nigerian schools). The Food contained vegetables so it had higher chances of being contaminated if not refrigerated for such a long time.

The reason I am writing this story is because if I had not been to the hospital, I would have believed Dolapo intentionally gave me the poisoned food and used me as a lab rat.
If the food poisoning had killed me, Dolapo’s roommate would have raised an alarm. Dolapo would have accused Tola and Tola and Dolapo would be cooling it off in prison. Love life would have been destroyed.
Today, Dolapo and Tola are happily married with two kids.
I made no mention of the incident to them till today.
Re: The Day I Died( A Must Read) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Had one not so serious food poisoning sometime ago..
Went grocery shopping and saw this fruit salad. So I just picked one on my way out so I can have it while I prepare dinner.
The distance from the shop to my house was less than 5 minutes walk (that's to say I didn't keep it for too long unrefrigerated), as I got home I started preparing my meal while munching the fruits.
Not up to 30 minutes later, my whole life seemed to be rushing to a stop, my head was aching, my stomach rumbling and paining, luckily for me I had a friend around, so I called him to wait in my apartment and told him I suspect I am having food poisoning that if I get too bad he should rush me to the hospital/call an ambulance and tell them its food poisoning.
I started throwing up real bad but I knew the situation was still under control after about 2 hours I was fine like nothing happened.. Although my friend was scared sha.
I knew it was food poisoning because I did a bit of biology/microbiology smiley

(1) (Reply)

Im Tired of Nigeria Ladies - Keketu / Appreciate Your Spouse and Make A Difference / Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.