Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

The Habit Of Advising Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Habit Of Advising Igbos (4619 Views)

Nigerians Blast Gov Fayose On Twitter For Advising The FG To Increasse Minimum W / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Those Advising Buhari Are Deceiving Him - Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 2:09am On Jan 25, 2015
People always feel the need to advise Igbos on what to do politically. Meanwhile their father pays rent to an Igbo man in their father's own state and they're trying to get a job in an Igbo man's company. When I drive through Owerri, Asaba, and Enugu or see the level of wealth and industry in Onitcha, Nnewi, Aba, and PH I have a hard time understand why anyone feels it's Igbos that need advise.

This whole campaign has been igbos should do this and igbos should do that. Meanwhile the only region that hasn't had a bloody or violent election of rally in the past 6 years is the SE, and both candidates (both from other regions) are clamouring for no more important vote than the Igbo one.

Rest jor.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by reporter1: 2:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Stop fooling yourself. Nobody is advising Ibos to to do anything. Who gives a F as to what you do?

As for your phantom home ownership -how many people are paying rent to Ibos? Why do you people like to embellish yourselves? Does it really make you feel good? Are you suffering from grandiose delusion?

And which jobs are you talking about? The multinational jobs? Or you think spare part sellers are the employer of Labor in Yoruba land.
You need to get off your high horse.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by PhockPhockMan: 3:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Op, you're right. It has gotten beyond advice, they insult us for refusing to do their wishes.
So unfortunate.

25 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 25, 2015
SMH! Delusion of grandeur grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by shizzle11(m): 3:08am On Jan 25, 2015
reporter1:
[s]Stop fooling yourself. Nobody is advising Ibos to to do anything. Who gives a F as to what you do?

As for your phantom home ownership -how many people are paying rent to Ibos? Why do you people like to embellish yourselves? Does it really make you feel good? Are you suffering from grandiose delusion?

And which jobs are you talking about? The multinational jobs? Or you think spare part sellers are the employer of Labor in Yoruba land.
You need to get off your high horse.[/s]

Its you and your ilks who are fooling yourselves and really need to get off your high horses you m0ron. yolobas have opened countless threads on what and what not igbos should do.

You lots need to focus more on yourselves and stop giving yourselves hypertension over the igbos who barely give a damn about how miserable and frustrated you feel about them. We all know the igbos are your nightmares such that you cant resist talking about them or offering your useless unsolicited advises.

Here is one the many idiottic threads created by one of your stewpid yoloba brothers advising the igbos, the people you claim you don't give a fvck about, yet you cretins cant stop ranting and exhibiting how miserable your lives are.

https://www.nairaland.com/2111028/what-igbo-need-know-before/2#30104217

31 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by owobokiri(m): 3:19am On Jan 25, 2015
Even those in perpetual NADECO mode. . , perpetually in opposition are trying to make it look like the igbos are daft for being in the ruling party! I can't help but laugh at their overwhelminly alarming display of cultural chauvinism on these pages sometimes . You just can't help but laugh; under this administration, an igbo has headed the army and has removed the nepotical recruitment policies that maligned igbos since the end of the war. The finance ministry is headed by the igbo, ditto foreign affairs, labour etc, a fair share of government projects are going on igboland, all as a result of a largely fair minded president rightly supported by the igbos. But some busy bodies would want you to beleieve that you don't know what is good for yourself, that it will be better elsewhere.. They form one atarvistic political party with their Gambari masters after a series of well documented nocturnal meetings where detailed plans to raid, loot and share other peoples resources are marshalled out. They then turn to the igbos with taunts, name callings empty harrassments and these laughable attempts at political blackmail all in a bid to cajole the gaullible into swelling their utterly mischivious ranks. What is there for the igbo? They won't tell you! They just want you to join them first to wrestle power away from the ruling party, it will be eldorado thereafter. Is this not a clumsy attempt at political voodooism?

12 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 3:29am On Jan 25, 2015
It's funny that Yorubas always seem to know what Igbos should do. Meanwhile Asaba, Enugu, Owerri, and Portharcourt have airports, and Ibadan's airport looks like this

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FjJiJsvmj2k/UrZBQ7vOfqI/AAAAAAAAle0/Whw2woa4I0E/s1600/BRVKPCwCYAAFK6P.jpg[/img]

Igbos are producing cars in their villages, an Igbo man's HIV vaccine has just been approved by the Nigerian courts, Anambra is using drones to monitor crime, Abia, Imo, Delta, and Anambra lead all SW states in test scores. We produce as many movies as the Americans and control without doubt the economy of this country. What advise do you have for us?

Why is it always igbos should do this and igbos should do that. If Yorubas knew what to do why would their region capital look like this

while ours looks like this

meanwhile ours was bombed to the ground while yours remained untouched.

We're not the same and don't need your worthless advice. What has your advice done for your salvation? Tell me the name of the yoruba man that owns an inch of land in the east and i'll name 100 Igbos that keep you fed.

35 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 4:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:
People always feel the need to advise Igbos on what to do politically. Meanwhile their father pays rent to an Igbo man in their father's own state and they're trying to get a job in an Igbo man's company. When I drive through Owerri, Asaba, and Enugu or see the level of wealth and industry in Onitcha, Nnewi, Aba, and PH I have a hard time understand why anyone feels it's Igbos that need advise.

This whole campaign has been igbos should do this and igbos should do that. Meanwhile the only region that hasn't had a bloody or violent election of rally in the past 6 years is the SE, and both candidates (both from other regions) are clamouring for no more important vote than the Igbo one.

Rest jor.

When you express ambition to have more Igbo representation in Yoruba government you open yourself to critical inspection.

The advisory is a part in the inspection package. If it makes you uncomfortable to be under the scope then withdraw your interest for representation.

Mayor will always open posts with advisories on what is good for Igbo and what action we expect you to take.

3 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:06am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

When you express ambition to have more Igbo representation in Yoruba government you open yourself to critical inspection.

The advisory is a part in the inspection package. If it makes you uncomfortable to be under the scope then withdraw your interest for representation.

Mayor will always open posts with advisories on what is good for Igbo and what action we expect you to take.

An Igbo man has been the governor of Lagos. Go and read the history of the governorship of Lagos.
On top of this Zik has beat Awolowo in his own regional election
On top of that an Igbo man is vying for a seat in Lagos right now

Till this day not a single Yoruba man owns an ounce of grass in the east. So tell me, who should be advising who? You're giving us advice because we're about to partake in governing you?

When Fashola tried to deport Igbos he quickly posted a video apologizing. Go and advise him.

15 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:08am On Jan 25, 2015
If you don't like to be insulted keep Igbo out of your mouth and advise your kin. You never see Igbos looking for Yoruba trouble or advising them about what they should or shouldn't do, but every day there's a new article or thread about Igbos should and shouldn't.

19 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by asadike(f): 4:15am On Jan 25, 2015
Dalu nnam ukwu, tell them

10 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 4:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo,

You Ibos face in Yorubaland the same acute problem that caused you to abandon your homeland to begin with - population density and saturation!

Everyone of you came to Yorubaland and converged in same trade and monopolized the market to block non-Ibos from competing with you. Well, the market has peaked....no more growth, instead of expansion you are experiencing losses left and right and dwindled economy. To make ends meet your brothers in Alaba, Ladipo, ASPAMDA have gone into crimes.

Ive always maintained the popular belief that Ibos have an enterprising spirit is a myth! Follow this link to read about an Ibo businessman in alaba. Pay attention to his employees, do you see any Yoruba on his crime payroll?

https://www.nairaland.com/2108377/popular-alaba-trader-whoterrorise-lagos#30046803

Also not too long ago an executive leader of the Ladipo market was similarly caught in armed robbery. In fact Ladipo market is a labour pool for crimes and terror.
Read it here. Is this what you call feeding Yoruba?

http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/okoli-ladipo-market-leader-charged-with-armed-robbery/

http://www.nigeriatell.com/news/we-recruit-robbers-from-ladipo-market-suspect

Do you want Mayor to air the source of your income on internet? I have files and files sitting in archive created specifically for occassions like this when you forget your place in Lagos and start to smell yourself.

11 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 4:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:
If you don't like to be insulted keep Igbo out of your mouth and advise your kin. You never see Igbos looking for Yoruba trouble or advising them about what they should or shouldn't do, but every day there's a new article or thread about Igbos should and shouldn't.

You overstepped your boundary when you demand positions to be administrators in Yorubaland.

We must inspect you thoroughly and qualify your merit on character. So far you are found short of the mark. Our advisories to you are developmental.....gaps we discovered and need you to cover before your next assessment and inspection.

Deal with it!

5 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:40am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You overstepped your boundary when you demand positions to be administrators in Yorubaland.

We must inspect you thoroughly and qualify your merit on character. So far you are found short of the mark. Our advisories to you are developmental.....gaps we discovered and need you to cover before your next assessment and inspection.

Deal with it!

Even listen to you. I should deal with your advise so that you can deal with my taking a government position in 'your' land? Who do you think is gaining the most from that exchange? But it's me you want to advise?

Do you even own a discarded plastic bag of pure water on Onitsha Bridge? Go outside in the SW right now and tell me which property of plot isn't Igbo owned and yoruba rented.

While you were collecting files and files igbos were collecting plots and estates in your backyard.

You're making jokes about alaba market. I will tell you now that many of those boys are using alaba money to build palaces in their ancestoral village.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1184743_abiriba1_jpga349bacc5085aa4f5136e738ebf5c5b6
Show me a SW capital that looks as well developed as this village. With your advice and files.

18 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 4:49am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:

An Igbo man has been the governor of Lagos. Go and read the history of the governorship of Lagos.
On top of this Zik has beat Awolowo in his own regional election
On top of that an Igbo man is vying for a seat in Lagos right now

Till this day not a single Yoruba man owns an ounce of grass in the east. So tell me, who should be advising who? You're giving us advice because we're about to partake in governing you?

When Fashola tried to deport Igbos he quickly posted a video apologizing. Go and advise him.

An Igbo man was hand picked to govern Lagos is different from Lagosians elected an Igboman for governor.

In what party did Zik beat Awolowo? Yoruba party, NCNC! Ibo has no known successful political party.

Yorubas organize their lives around possibilities consistent and in harmony with urbanity. No Yoruba in his right sense will choose risks above security. East is immersed in risks of all kinds.

The deportees lawyer, an Iboman, has established that Ibos are non indigenes of Lagos and therefore in all matters relating to family roots, even for those born in Lagos, East is home! The Court agreed with him and did not find Fashola was wrong in sending them "home",

5 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 4:52am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:

Even listen to you. I should deal with your advise so that you can deal with my taking a government position in 'your' land? Who do you think is gaining the most from that exchange? But it's me you want to advise?

Do you even own a discarded plastic bag of pure water on Onitsha Bridge? Go outside in the SW right now and tell me which property of plot isn't Igbo owned and yoruba rented.

While you were collecting files and files igbos were collecting plots and estates in your backyard.

You're making jokes about alaba market. I will tell you now that many of those boys are using alaba money to build palaces in their ancestoral village.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1184743_abiriba1_jpga349bacc5085aa4f5136e738ebf5c5b6
Show me a SW capital that looks as well developed as this village. With your advice and files.

Deal with my scrutiny and continous advisory to you while I deal with your interest for position.
Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by ak47mann(m): 5:08am On Jan 25, 2015
OP

said nothing but the truth the truth really hurts but it must be told

Anam achi ihe mu yi bu vasachi Pyno cool

10 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 5:15am On Jan 25, 2015
Myth: Ibos are owners of the land bought from Yoruba.

Truth: No, Ibos are renting the land. They must pay land rent to govt.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/orji-kalu-is-a-land-use-charge-defaulter-lagos-government/

Myth: Ibos are landlords and Yorubas are tenants.

Truth: Ibos are rent defaulters and in an act of criminality live rent free in Lagos. Yoruba landlords have learnt through painful encounters not to rent to Ibos.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/actor-emeka-ike-evicted-from-rented-duplex-over-failure-to-pay-n8-5-million-rent.html
Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 5:57am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Deal with my scrutiny and continous advisory to you while I deal with your interest for position.

lol, damn, i feel like you're getting too much out of the deal though. Let me sleep with your wife to make it even. With a condom. undecided

11 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by BlackTechnology: 6:06am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:

Rest jor.

They are frightened about our support to the ND people to remove the oil feeding bottle from their mouths which will lead to economic starvation.

So the need to advice us not to remove the oil feeding bottle grin

13 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by MayorofLagos(m): 6:10am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:

lol, damn, i feel like you're getting too much out of the deal though. Let me sleep with your wife to make it even. With a condom. undecided

Lol....and the usual switch kicks in!
When Ibo looses materials and facts to support spurious claims and defend its position, rather than humbly bowing out he rebelliously returns with a frustrated switch and starts to throw insults .

You will not be a true Ibo if you did not submit to your psychotic instincts.
Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by BlackPikiN(m): 6:28am On Jan 25, 2015
Fashola begs Ndigbo for support.

Op leave the ones on NL, their Oga for Alausa Ikeja knows the truth.

7 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:
It's funny that Yorubas always seem to know what Igbos should do. Meanwhile Asaba, Enugu, Owerri, and Portharcourt have airports, and Ibadan's airport looks like this

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FjJiJsvmj2k/UrZBQ7vOfqI/AAAAAAAAle0/Whw2woa4I0E/s1600/BRVKPCwCYAAFK6P.jpg[/img]

Igbos are producing cars in their villages, an Igbo man's HIV vaccine has just been approved by the Nigerian courts, Anambra is using drones to monitor crime, Abia, Imo, Delta, and Anambra lead all SW states in test scores. We produce as many movies as the Americans and control without doubt the economy of this country. What advise do you have for us?

Why is it always igbos should do this and igbos should do that. If Yorubas knew what to do why would their region capital look like this

while ours looks like this

meanwhile ours was bombed to the ground while yours remained untouched.

We're not the same and don't need your worthless advice. What has your advice done for your salvation? Tell me the name of the yoruba man that owns an inch of land in the east and i'll name 100 Igbos that keep you fed.
the mods won't see this kind of thread. @OP you are very daft. It's actions like this that make people detest ibos, even the niger deltans you think are your allies. You post 2 pictures and use that to measure how great your region is, when an enlightened person will know that the picture with old looks definitely shows how ancient that neighborhood is. Yorubas are a people with great history. They built an empire while some people have swinging on trees as their only History. There are a thousands of scenes in ibadan far better than what you used in representing enugu, but a crook like you won't post them. You'd rather post the ancient part and call it the modern look while you post the best part of enugu as the least part. What do you gain from such delusion? You claim you control the economy, with your 2¤2 shops? So people like dangote and otedola should shut up? You claim you want biafra but forget that your people will suffer as mist of them will lose the properties they've stupidly invested in another man's region. Do you think other nigerians don't know what they are doing when they detest investing in ibo land? Who would even want to invest in an erosion ravaged region where all its people are fleeing it? All what you've written so far is equivalent to self-servicing instead of going out there to get a girl. Keeping fooling yourself.

3 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by meforyou1(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2015
That igbos should not demand greater political representation in yorubaland? Is yorubaland not in Nigeria? Are igbos not Nigerians? Is it no longer one Nigeria?
Igbos built lagos. And igbos will rule lagos

4 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Mckennedy: 7:56am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

An Igbo man was hand picked to govern Lagos is different from Lagosians elected an Igboman for governor.

In what party did Zik beat Awolowo? Yoruba party, NCNC! Ibo has no known successful political party.

Yorubas organize their lives around possibilities consistent and in harmony with urbanity. No Yoruba in his right sense will choose risks above security. East is immersed in risks of all kinds.

The deportees lawyer, an Iboman, has established that Ibos are non indigenes of Lagos and therefore in all matters relating to family roots, even for those born in Lagos, East is home! The Court agreed with him and did not find Fashola was wrong in sending them "home",

Thought you were intelligent . Didn't Fashola apologised?

2 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by shizzle11(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Myth: Ibos are owners of the land bought from Yoruba.

Truth: No, Ibos are renting the land. They must pay land rent to govt.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/orji-kalu-is-a-land-use-charge-defaulter-lagos-government/

Myth: Ibos are landlords and Yorubas are tenants.

Truth: Ibos are rent defaulters and in an act of criminality live rent free in Lagos. Yoruba landlords have learnt through painful encounters not to rent to Ibos.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/actor-emeka-ike-evicted-from-rented-duplex-over-failure-to-pay-n8-5-million-rent.html
last time i checked, yorubas are still begging igbos to come buy their lands.

btw you sound so confused, on one breadth igbos rent the land and pay rent to govt, and in another breadth igbos live free in lagos. I bet the smoke of confusion coming out of your ewedu brain will soon see your head explode.

9 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by shizzle11(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

[s]When you express ambition to have more Igbo representation in Yoruba government you open yourself to critical inspection.

Mayor will always open posts with advisories on what is good for Igbo and what action we expect you to take[/s].
utter bullocks!

You should be content with how you will adequately represent yourself and develop your own brown roof slums and shanties before sticking your smelly nose into others business. Funny enough the people you tend to advise are faring better than yoyu in virtually all spheres of life.

MayorofLagos:

[s]You overstepped your boundary when you demand positions to be administrators in Yorubaland.

Deal with it[/s]!
Absolute balderdash!

M0ron talking about inspection, do we start inspecting the political characters, rogues and misfits in yoruba land?, or better still, we can start from the famous brown roofs in ibadam.? look in the mirror first tell me what you see. Ofcourse you are the master of creating senseless and useless i threads on igbos and what not, that shows how restless you are about anything igbo, your problems just got bigger.

As long as igbos contribute a considerable chunk to the IGR of lagos state, there will always be a clamour for commensurate representation in the governance of the state, that you cannot wish away.

deal with it.

12 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by SOUNDKING: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2015
Biko umu nnem, you people should save your saliva 4 making a better business deal with oyibo, nt replying those confused ndi ofe mmanu, odibo ndi abo+ki, they are only active in party and Noise pollution. Anyi akarika them ma na mmuo ma na mmadu.

7 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
BlackPikiN:
Fashola begs Ndigbo for support.

Op leave the ones on NL, their Oga for Alausa Ikeja knows the truth.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2063548_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Look at. Show me 1 Igbo governor looking for a yoruba vote. But they have advice.

2 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
eighTHREAD:
the mods won't see this kind of thread. @OP you are very daft. It's actions like this that make people detest ibos, even the niger deltans you think are your allies. You post 2 pictures and use that to measure how great your region is, when an enlightened person will know that the picture with old looks definitely shows how ancient that neighborhood is. Yorubas are a people with great history. They built an empire while some people have swinging on trees as their only History. There are a thousands of scenes in ibadan far better than what you used in representing enugu, but a crook like you won't post them. You'd rather post the ancient part and call it the modern look while you post the best part of enugu as the least part. What do you gain from such delusion? You claim you control the economy, with your 2¤2 shops? So people like dangote and otedola should shut up? You claim you want biafra but forget that your people will suffer as mist of them will lose the properties they've stupidly invested in another man's region. Do you think other nigerians don't know what they are doing when they detest investing in ibo land? Who would even want to invest in an erosion ravaged region where all its people are fleeing it? All what you've written so far is equivalent to self-servicing instead of going out there to get a girl. Keeping fooling yourself.

The french have cities older than yours and Paris is Paris. No city in Yoruba land is older than Rome. In fact Igbos have been in Nigeria longer than Yorubas but our cities don't look like swamps. Is it ancient history that gave those cities imported british tin roofs? Ignorance.

12 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Those roofs were manufactured by the great Awujale, they were even refining their own crude during the Oyo empire so the zincs dated back to 16BC when even Christ was about to be concieved.

Ikengawo:

The french have cities older than yours and Paris is Paris. No city in Yoruba land is older than Rome. In fact Igbos have been in Nigeria longer than Yorubas but our cities don't look like swamps. Is it ancient history that gave those cities imported british tin roofs? Ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: The Habit Of Advising Igbos by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
Check this. Thread and see how their youths are exhibiting rascality and violence yet they are not advising them.

The North is bleeding, the South is bleeding, the West is bleeding but East remain peaceful and violence free yet a mud dweller is showing a duplex occupant how a cement house look like

www.nairaland.com/2112020/what-pdp-did-apc-campaign

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Facts About Jerry Rawlings Of Ghana / NLC, TUC Suspend Strike Action / See The Signposts Fayose Put On Ekiti Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.