Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (21723 Views)

Why God Sometimes Delays / Why Does God Sometimes Allow People To Be In Error? / Tips On How To Win People's Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
@ OP.

It is clear God doesn't exist. That is simply based on probability.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Edusouls(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
chai look at christians interpretation of the bible, you are wicked and have a hard heart is none of God's deed, so that's why there is judgement, all souls , i mean every single soul will be judged alone and fully according to his works...so if u like hardene ur heart , u re just the person that decided to hardene ur heart, and you pay for it in full...
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
all4naija:
@ OP.

this is not what i need. thanks.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Edusouls:
chai look at christians interpretation of the bible, you are wicked and have a hard heart is none of God's deed, so that's why there is judgement, all souls , i mean every single soul will be judged alone and fully according to his works...so if u like hardene ur heart , u re just the person that decided to hardene ur heart, and you pay for it in full...
but the bible stated that God hardens pharoah's heart.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
this is not what i need. thanks.
It's right God doesn't harden people's mind because he doesn't exist. It is human nature.You are welcome.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Edusouls(m): 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
GOD dosent exist,but you exist and roam this earth,breath,eat and reproduce by yourself, you really knew how and when you came to this earth and you made yourself look as you are....you are just the image of your creator...
all4naija:
@ OP.

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by franugo(m): 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
you know we humans don't have the right to question God.

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it , “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? Romans 9:20-21.

bro people like you lived in the 18th century, not now.cry
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by piagetskinner(m): 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
#God hardens the hearts of men, to GlORIFY himself...that's what I think
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by AJOT99(m): 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
Cos they are due for punishment

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
u are only obfuscating the issue.
i have already quoted the scripture that gave the clue as to why God harden his heart. that was what i am explaining here.
i'm not clamouring for fp as you suppose but other people's view is needed here. thanks.
^^^
You have given a rhetoric and dismal WHY
I am sorry but I learned nothing, nothing new from it

Sure would be nice to know the HOW

(i.e. how did God harden Pharaoh's heart then clevvermind?)

PS: Now that it's on FP and after an awful lot has been said, let's know if you are any the wiser
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
all4naija:

It's right God doesn't harden people's mind because he doesn't exist. It is human nature.You are welcome.
you are on your own in this. God exist. thanks.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
franugo:

bro people like you lived in the 18th century, not now.cry
why do you say that? i'm only quoting what the bible says.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Edusouls(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharoah was from time a hardened man, how many years has he been pleaded to free the people of isreal, dont even involve God in this, that man is a hard man from the start...
clevvermind:
but the bible stated that God hardens pharoah's heart.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Edusouls:
GOD dosent exist,but you exist and roam this earth,breath,eat and reproduce by yourself, you really knew how and when you came to this earth and you made yourself look as you are....you are just the image of your creator...
God didn't make me because he doesn't exist. That is a lie you made up. All the things you listed are parts of me from nature ingenuity not from some fairy believed to reside in an unknown place within the universe or outside the universe.

I am not the image of nature my creator. It is all encompassing and has all things that exist within it as parts of it.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
you are on your own in this. God exist. thanks.
I have always been for telling those who like to live in denial the truth. God DOESN'T exist. You are welcome.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni:

^^^
I am sorry but I learned nothing from it

PS: Now that it's on FP and after an awful lot has been said, let's know if you are any the wiser
so you want to know how God hardens pharoah's heart? grin
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by franugo(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
why do you say that? i'm only quoting what the bible says.

d only pple dt quote the bible serzly are gods of men n dt is mostly 2 get tithes n offeringScry
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by femi4: 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
this is the reason why God hardens pharoah's heart.

17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Rom 9:17.

i don't think God punishes anyone unjustly though. one must have committed some sins.
Like Pharaoh, like Judas, God knew pharaoh won't allow the Israelite to leave Egypt. So hardening his heart is like a catalyst to bring into action pharaoh's intentions. Same way Jesus said to Judas:
"That which you want to do, do it quickly"

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Edusouls:
pharoah was from time a hardened man, how many years has he been pleaded to free the people of isreal, dont even involve God in this, that man is a hard man from the start...
can you support what you said now with scriptures?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by sukkot: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
because if he doesnt harden your heart, and keep in mind he only does this to very wicked people who have acquired so much sin, if he does not harden your heart you may one day decide to change and embrace him and he does not want that. if you have acquired so much sin, he hardens your heart so that your sin piles up and then when he decides that it is time to repay you for the sins, it would be HEAVY PAYBACK OF GARGANTUAN PROPORTION.

isaiah 6 vs 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. <<< SO WHEN YOUR WICKEDNESS HAS REACHED A CERTAIN LEVEL, HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO EMBRACE HIM. HE WANTS YOU TO REMAIN IN YOUR WICKEDNESS. SO HE HARDENS YOUR HEART

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Clinton207: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
God hardened pharoh's solely for the glorification of his name, you have it writen there in that verse 3.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by timmy2409(m): 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
This entire story of the Exodus is part of a longstanding collection of myths that the bible is composed of. No archeologist in his right mind today would tell you that the Exodus ever happened. There has been no archeological evidence whatsoever to support the claims that a multitude of Israelites were held in captivity in Egypt, that later traversed the surrounding wilderness en masse. So you see, whether or not Yahweh hardened Pharaoh's heart is irrelevant, seeing as this is really a bed time story of sorts from the Jewish Torah.

If anything though, stories like these offer insight into the old Jewish perceptions of their deity, Yahweh. The various contradictions between his alleged omni-qualities (-benevolence, -potent, -scient etc)and acts like this, only show the illiteracy of the writers of these stories.

This movie excerpt offers some salient thoughts on the subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
so God can harden someone's heart to fulfil a particular assignment whether positive or negative?

everytin is positive in the sight of the lord...be it negative or positive
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
franugo:

d only pple dt quote the bible serzly are gods of men n dt is mostly 2 get tithes n offeringScry
there are billions of people quoting the bible. are they all the gods of men?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
duduhemit36:

everytin is positive in the sight of the lord...be it negative or positive
always support your points with scriptures.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni:
^^^
I am sorry but I learned nothing, nothing new from it

clevvermind:
so you want to know how God hardens pharoah's heart? grin
^^^
You fell for it... and missed the veiled sarcasm
If I were you I'll stylishly wipe the smug 32 ivories grin off my face
because if you read my posts, they laboriously explained how God hardened Pharoah's heart
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by lolaxavier(m): 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
piagetskinner:
#God hardens the hearts of men, to GlORIFY himself...that's what I think

Then that god must be high on orijin.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by adexsimply(m): 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
danjumakolo:

Then there will be no need for the free will he gave us if you are advocating that god should change pharawos mind
I'm not advocating anything... You're talking about freewill, if god hardened Pharaoh's heart, didn't he tamper with Pharaoh's freewill ?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by freeze22(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
I believe these verses can also be compared to 2Thes 2:11,12
"11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie,
12  so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned."

When GOD allows certain things to happen in our lives based on our own choices, it is often being referred to GOD being responsible.
But we know GOD doesn't tempt us. Remember James 1:13,14
  "Let no one being tempted say, I am tempted from God. For God is not tempted by evils, and He tempts no one.
  But each one is tempted by his lusts, being drawn away and seduced by them."
GOD only permitted Pharoah to go through with his heart desire.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by adexsimply(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
haibe:
the concept of freewill is only an illusion bro. Nothing ever happens if God doesn't allow it
LOL..really ?
grin grin grin
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni:

^^^
You fell for it... and missed the veiled sarcasm
If I were you I'll stylishly wipe the smug 32 ivories grin off my face
because if you read my posts, they laboriously explained how God hardened Pharoah's heart
ok. no problem. what i want to do is to read every comments here all over again and draw my conclusion on this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Smartphones Are No Substitute For Bibles / Photos From The Burial Of Father Paul Offu / Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.