Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) (109793 Views)

An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Jadeng: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
mactonnyso:
You think because you attended a church which is for your own interest, gives you the right to disobey orders. They should just tolerate you anyhow,abi.??

GBAM!!!
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Jadeng: 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
mrkings84:
Pls leave Christianity out of this. When a stubborn man goes to church God allocates him with a stubborn usher to checkmate him. somebody shout hallelujah!!!

CORRECT!

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by victorazy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Sir, is that why someone's tyre should be deflated?

Yes! Is called purnishment.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by aspirebig: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
It is a common saying that 'obedience is the first law in heaven' and the holy book says 'to obey is better than sacrifice'
If you obeyed the ushers, you wont have gotten this avoidable experience.
Next time, respect not only the ushers, but gateman, security guards etc.

If you report them to the senior pastor, you will asked why others were able to park without issues and you were the only person having issues with them, meaning, something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by tonididdy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
not all car are cars.

if you rode a Porsche ,I swear ud park in the GO's space and nothing go happen but seeing your 'moto' gave him courage that nothing dey happen.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by okeybenjamin: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
What would Jesus have done if he was the Usher?

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by talima(m): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
U caused it. Ur kind of car is not meant to park in that spot.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by annibro(f): 9:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
tellwisdom:

Hahahaha! Listening 2 Rock Music indeed! U wud ve kept d radio inside the fridge 2 listen 2 cool FM
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by stpat1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
The first and last time I was at the redeemed church holy ghost service was when our car stereo was stolen from where our car was parked. The car was parked right in front of where a security guy was stationed. We reported the case to the security department and the case was almost turned against us. The security guys were soaked with ogogoro. Hard to believe but true.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by adanduka: 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
uboma:

See marketing strategy...

Lol

Abeg I no be marketer for RCCG grin
We no get marketer for our church cool Am just trying to tell the OP to go to a church nearby. Am sure he doesn't need to drive to find one.
Cos I imagine if I had such ruckus on arrival for service I may not even enjoy the service
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Reference(m): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
Maximus85:
It's obvious that your faith is not shaky with all the curse words you used in this post. There is no love in the churches all they know is tithe and offering. These ushers aren't trained, they are to serve others with love not disdain. Look for a better church where there is love. Where there is no love, God is not there cos as we know, God is love.

Yeah. For God so loved the world that rebellion against authority is right eh? Love indeed. The same you will grumble that nothing works in Nigeria. The usher has a choice to quit and join the crowd of confusion. Why not give them a break in their thankless job.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by megaik: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
ephemm:

May God punish U and ur obedience! Which Church authority? When did that start?

Dumb A ss who won't question unreasonable situations so long as it comes out of a church

*dindinrin*

I'ld rather blame ur ill-manners on the Cheap MBs from telecom providers.
***onye nmoun***
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by tellwisdom: 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
annibro:

Hahahaha! Listening 2 Rock Music indeed! U wud ve kept d radio inside the fridge 2 listen 2 cool FM

Baddest smiley
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by megaik: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sparkle777:
And u have the audacity to mention "evil"? Can u park anyhow in a bank or govt office? To think u stay in Abuja where we once paid ticket for parked cars. Smh.
Why did u not ask where to park after an usher warned u? Tis ppl like u the devil uses to discourage others. I am a member of Dunamis and in as much as I d have loved to park on the roadsides, I still follow the directives of the ushers.
Better change dat topic and also change ur attitude.
Gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by megaik: 10:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
tonytony208:

so because he parked wrongly, the usher, who is expected to be Holy-Ghost-filled should threaten him with beating? What manner of nonsense are you trying to cover up? Most of these Pentecostal churches have lost focus. This person am quoting sounds like one of the focusless Pentecostals.
Saint Tony Obi, I am not a Pentecostal.
Stubborn generations ...
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
shedyman:
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.

he told you to move your car and park well
you should have also Listened

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by owolawitola(f): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ofcourse u cant park in front of sumones house. Thats common courtesy. But this wasnt sumones house. It was a garage with a free space to park. With no VIP reservation.
dabossman:

Wrong. Not every parking space is a parking space. I once wanted to park on a narrow street so I could go attend to some business in that neighbourhood. Several cars were already parked in a single file. I pulled up behind the last car but realized that I would be facing a building's gate. If I had remained there I would make it difficult for any car to come out of that premises because the road is too narrow. I had to reverse and leave adequate space between me and the last car so that any car pulling out of that building will be to be able to maneuver conveniently. That is responsible and considerate driving. Some other bad driver would have parked his car there and created chaos. That's the same way people double park all over the place creating problems for other road users. The usher may have had his reasons for asking him not to park in that particular spot.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:

Saint Tony there's no such word as"focusless" pls
hehe

it's like you don't know about the new Nigerian-English Dictionary that is being developed. New words are to be introduced; like focusless, cokastic, flabberwhelming, overgasting, kakhistomoboplotocracy, etc
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by dabossman(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
owolawitola:
Ofcourse u cant park in front of sumones house. Thats common courtesy. But this wasnt sumones house. It was a garage with a free space to park. With no VIP reservation.

You still don't get it. I wasn't parking right in front of their gate but on the other side of the road. Like I said it is a narrow road.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ManTiger(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2015
shedyman:
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.
One adage says "when the head of a yam is shown to a man then the time to go house don knack".
My brother, find another church!
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Kirinwa: 2:35am On Jan 26, 2015
For all I care op could be a suicide bomber.Op are you telling me that if that ursher was a soldier that you will disobey? Na to use koboko correct your head. Lets call a spade a spade. Op you brought this on yourself. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Kirinwa: 2:37am On Jan 26, 2015
dabossman:

You still don't get it. I wasn't parking right in front of their gate but on the other side of the road. Like I said it is a narrow road.
Next time ask them where to park or do you wish to be an ursher too?
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 5:47am On Jan 26, 2015
megaik:

Saint Tony Obi, I am not a Pentecostal.
Stubborn generations ...

as stubborn as ushers without self control.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Kessyy2k4(m): 6:55am On Jan 26, 2015
simdam500:

Alarming abi

Blame mod undecided
naso o my broda, i don't think ds MOD knws their rit from wrong!

Advice.....
Seun needs 2change themcheesy
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by vooks: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Dude,
your tyres are worn out, that's more important than deflating them
shedyman:

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by todayguest(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2015
okirewaju:
It's only human in nature to be inquisitive.

If I say don't eat bread and tea, you would ask me why right?
I see your logic.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by kuzee(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
mr man park well..
you are a very stubborn man,why wnt they deflate your tyre, you are no different frm king saul,coz of that his kingdom was torn apart..to obey is better than sacrifice,God can bless those ushers for the work they did to you,you cant tell..God loves those who are humble,those with magnanimous spirit,
You dnt possess humblesness at all instead d opposite.thumbs up for the ushers
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by calaway: 9:52am On Jan 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Wonders shall never end

[size=30pt]APC LIARS AT WORK.

THIS NEVER HAPPEND !!! TOMOROW THEY WILL COME OUT WITH ANOTHER DAMAGING STORY AGAINST WINNERS AND NEXT TOMOROW IT WILL BE A STORY TO GLORIFY REDEEMED. [/size]
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by owolawitola(f): 10:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Oh okay. Accross. Well all the same. He parked in a garage meant for parkin....abi. maybe the usher knows him from sumwhere...or maybe he doesnt like his face. But for the usher to go as far as slashing his tyres, its personal o. And its very unethical of him. He should lose his job.
dabossman:

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Etianwanokon: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2015
DID YOU LOOK AT THE CARS THAT PARKED BEFORE YOU? IT MUST HAVE BEEN JEEPS AND YOU WENT AND PARKED A LESSER CAR NEAR THEM.
I'D WITNESS SUCH BEFORE IN MY TOWN, WHERE A LADY WAS ASKED NOT TO PARK HER CAR COS SHE WAS NOT DRIVING A JEEP.
BUT WHEN SHE EVENTUALLY HAD ONE. YOU NEED TO SEE HOW USHERS DIRECTED HER TO PARK IN THAT SAME SPORT.
GOD HEAL OUR CHURCHES.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by NemzySeries(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2015
westmest:
I just had to say this

I ain't arguing wether what was done was right or not, A man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.

But my question is do you have to put it online, is it necessary?

For God sake you titled the topic Evil.!
You didn't end service to share the summary of the sermon you heard today and how wonderful it was, you ended the service just to come some minutes later to post about wrong doings, The world out there is not waiting for a new definition of christainity, its waiting for the demonstration,
When will you go beyond the place when someone can offend you?. Have you thought about that?
Because its just sad that christains of today try to prove spirituality by the things they dont do rather than the things they do ( or we rather).

Leaving all that aside . Believe me a spiritual man walks in heaviness an hour after the service as he was during the service.

please dont quote me. I am not a dunamis member.

Just saying. Pls forgive the usher and ask for mercy from God.

Brotherly,u said it all and cum to fink abt it,y dat guy dey hala for dat kin small car sef?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed / Pastor Adeboye's Son, Dare Is Dead / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.