Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad (1299 Views)

6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single / At 27 Stil Single,is It Normal? / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (2) (3) (4)

5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:47am On Jan 26, 2015
Are you single still? When will you settle in life? You must start dating soon. You’re becoming older, you must really think of settling down! These are few lines which
most of us are told on a regular basis by our relatives and elders. The society loves to see a person in a relationship
and well settled. If they are in a relationship with someone of their own choice, people talk wrong things. If they are single, still people talk wrong things. Your couple friends post their honeymoon or vacation trip pictures on social networking sites, which make you, feel lonely and miserable. Your status has always been single since you signed up on Facebook eons ago. All your friends are getting hitched one by one, and you are still in your single life, with a bunch of your friends!

But is being single all that bad? Why is it made such a big deal? Does being single imply that a person is not attractive enough? Or does it imply that he or she has commitment issues? There are many reasons why being single is much more awesome and amazing than being in a
relationship. It really isn’t that bad, as it is made out to be. It can be a great journey for someone as well, just like
being a couple can be.

Let’s look at a few reasons why being single is not bad at all!

1. A free bird
The best reason to be single and commitment free is that you get to be a free bird at all times. You have the freedom to do whatever you like, without caring for a significant other’s emotions or opinions. You are free to flirt with
someone or go on dates with somebody else. Nobody has that kind of control on you, which you might face in a relationship. You do not need to over think an action of yours or its consequences.

2. Emotional Chaos
Just imagine the amount of emotional chaos you are saving yourself from. Being committed and in a relationship does
have its high points, but it sure does have it low points as well. Nights can be spent crying, there might be fights,
disagreements, finger pointing, cheating or even abusing in extreme cases. You might not enjoy the company of a
loved one, but you are surely free from getting disappointed by expecting things from your partner. You are free of all the emotional chaos that a relationship
undergoes.

3. Time to build own self
You can use all the free time that others are investing in their relationship, to build your own self. You can pursue
your hobbies. Learn new things. Socialize a lot. Undertake the adrenaline adventures you always wanted to have.
Spend good time with your close friends and family. Relationships might not always last, perhaps there might
even be four to five failed relationships, but time spent on grooming oneself will never get wasted.

4. Improvise your career
The lack of emotional responsibility, gives you the chance to stay late at work, work hard and give your 200% at your job. Believe it or not, people who are in relationships are often stressed at work. Since you are single, you can use all your built up energy and concentration in your work and improvise your career for your own good!

5. No upswings or downswings
Being in relationship can make life full of up swings as well down swings. This can affect the focus of a person or their energy levels. Constant upbeat behavior or shattered behavior can make you an unpleasant and unpredictable person. People like to be around other people who can manage their self well. Being too happy or too sad is not good for one’s own health and should be avoided.

Source:likelovequotes.com

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Philadelphia: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2015
Ijeleigbo:
Are you single still? When will you settle in life? You must start dating soon. You’re becoming older, you must really think of settling down! These are few lines which
most of us are told on a regular basis by our relatives and elders. The society loves to see a person in a relationship
and well settled. If they are in a relationship with someone of their own choice, people talk wrong things. If they are single, still people talk wrong things. Your couple friends post their honeymoon or vacation trip pictures on social networking sites, which make you, feel lonely and miserable. Your status has always been single since you signed up on Facebook eons ago. All your friends are getting hitched one by one, and you are still in your single life, with a bunch of your friends!

But is being single all that bad? Why is it made such a big deal? Does being single imply that a person is not attractive enough? Or does it imply that he or she has commitment issues? There are many reasons why being single is much more awesome and amazing than being in a
relationship. It really isn’t that bad, as it is made out to be. It can be a great journey for someone as well, just like
being a couple can be.

Let’s look at a few reasons why being single is not bad at all!

1. A free bird
The best reason to be single and commitment free is that you get to be a free bird at all times. You have the freedom to do whatever you like, without caring for a significant other’s emotions or opinions. You are free to flirt with
someone or go on dates with somebody else. Nobody has that kind of control on you, which you might face in a relationship. You do not need to over think an action of yours or its consequences.

2. Emotional Chaos
Just imagine the amount of emotional chaos you are saving yourself from. Being committed and in a relationship does
have its high points, but it sure does have it low points as well. Nights can be spent crying, there might be fights,
disagreements, finger pointing, cheating or even abusing in extreme cases. You might not enjoy the company of a
loved one, but you are surely free from getting disappointed by expecting things from your partner. You are free of all the emotional chaos that a relationship
undergoes.

3. Time to build own self
You can use all the free time that others are investing in their relationship, to build your own self. You can pursue
your hobbies. Learn new things. Socialize a lot. Undertake the adrenaline adventures you always wanted to have.
Spend good time with your close friends and family. Relationships might not always last, perhaps there might
even be four to five failed relationships, but time spent on grooming oneself will never get wasted.

4. Improvise your career
The lack of emotional responsibility, gives you the chance to stay late at work, work hard and give your 200% at your job. Believe it or not, people who are in relationships are often stressed at work. Since you are single, you can use all your built up energy and concentration in your work and improvise your career for your own good!

5. No upswings or downswings
Being in relationship can make life full of up swings as well down swings. This can affect the focus of a person or their energy levels. Constant upbeat behavior or shattered behavior can make you an unpleasant and unpredictable person. People like to be around other people who can manage their self well. Being too happy or too sad is not good for one’s own health and should be avoided.

Source:likelovequotes.com
Too long can't rread....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by redgem(f): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
Too long can't rread....

Hahahahah....Nigerians and their hatred for books
There is this saying by the whites that says 'if you want to hide knowledge from blacks, put it in a book'
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
Too long can't rread....

But you had the time to quote all the message?

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:57am On Jan 26, 2015
redgem:

There is this saying by the whites that says 'if you want to hide knowledge from blacks, put it in a book'

My dear, you just took the words out of my mouth
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
Too long can't rread....

lolz

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:12am On Jan 26, 2015
redgem:

don't be naive I cant spend time rreading dz stuff... because its quite irrelevant like the P in pneumonia....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

But you had the time to quote all the message?
yes that's very easy to do bro....virtually the same way you lifted it from your source........u should be creative and learn how to summaries....if only u can do that then ur post will make perfect sense.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
yes that's very easy to do bro....virtually the same way you lifted it from your source........u should be creative and learn how to summaries....if only u can do that then ur post will make perfect sense.

Incredible! A dude teaching me how to summarise posts! You have no point in what you are saying!! Your first statement, you said the post is too long.... Well that's a very short post but why it is long to you is because you later said its "irrelevant".... Well that's to you as well.

This post is irrelevant to married couples and individuals who are in a relationship but relevant to single boys and girls.

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by jamex93(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2015
na so!

all na truth

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2015
jamex93:
na so!

all na truth

I dey tell you! Wetin our mama, papa and elders dey tell us about girls na true oh!!

Me as I dey here so, I dey single.... I'm not committed or imprisoned to any soul all in the name of dating!!

Man pikin need to gather money and build him life first, after that we fit get married and settle down!!

Woman full everywhere but my prayers everyday na God give me a good wife cus good women are hard to find these days!!!

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2015
Why do pple detest singleness, all dey want to hear is sex,relationship & all that. Satan is really making good use of fornication to capture pple.

If it were to be how to get under her pants in one day, I knw say comments for don full everywhere.

May God bless d op for this.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2015
skelefish:
Why do pple detest singleness, all dey want to hear is sex,relationship & all that. Satan is really making good use of fornication to capture pple.

If it were to be how to get under her pants in one day, I knw say comments for don full everywhere.

May God bless d op for this.

God bless you too my brother!!!

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by jamex93(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

I dey tell you! Wetin our mama, papa and elders dey tell us about girls na true oh!!

Me as I dey here so, I dey single.... I'm not committed or imprisoned to any soul all in the name of dating!!

Man pikin need to gather money and build him life first, after that we fit get married and settle down!!

Woman full everywhere but my prayers everyday na God give me a good wife cus good women are hard to find these days!!!

my brother u make sence

Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

And try to be a good man too.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2015
brito:

And try to be a good man too.

Nobody holy pass my sister but as humans we have a conscience and know the difference good and bad!
When you do good, good things shall follow you!
When you do bad, bad things shall follow you
Whatever a man sows, so shall he reap!

Man is not perfect, man has flaws.... In the journey unto perfection we pray for God's mercy, strength, grace and wisdom in this short life!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

Nobody holy pass my sister but as humans we have a conscience and know the difference good and bad!
When you do good, good things shall follow you!
When you do bad, bad things shall follow you
Whatever a man sows, so shall he reap!

Man is not perfect, man has flaws.... In the journey unto perfection we pray for God's mercy, strength, grace and wisdom in this short life!!!

Marriage is a reality, no form superman online for marriage mata
Re: 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Not So Bad by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
brito:

Marriage is a reality, no form superman online for marriage mata

Yeah marriage is a reality and that's why I love the westerners approach to marriage.....
For 9ja marriage is a do or die affair which is not meant to be so
Go to the western world....

"15 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know" / Relationship Tips For Men – Compliments You Can Give Your GF/Wife . / Sunday Laughs... (pics)!!!