Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (50868 Views)

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Pdp-sponsored Documentary On Buhari (shown On AIT) & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by elbabsy: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=GODpunishAPC post=30178336]GO AND ASK YOUR PARENTS ABOUT DECREE 4 AND 10, THAT SENILE BUHARI NEARLY FINISHED NIGERIA, YOU THINK YOU CAN CAJOLE US INTO VOTING A SENILE OLD MAN WHO DOESN'T HAVE SSCE CERTIFICATE? THINK TWICE.

GODpunishAPC.. That senile old man is exactly who we are craving for. If you like call him an ass we will still vote him. The young man who is nt senile that is ruling the nation has lost total control of the nation nd he shamelessly seeks our mandate again. The president is expected to come on national TV nd seek the forgiveness of the massess, because he has failed us.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Babacele: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:

I know buhari is a man of his words so i am sure he will do all he has promised, including stablizing global oil prices.

This is because :

Buhari came out publicly and said he wont contest again, and has kept his promise in 2015.

Buhari said his documents arr with the military board, were they there?

If someone else ordered that the 53 suitcases should not be searched under buhari's regime, that person would have been sentenced to death by buhari.

Buhari said abacha did not steal. did abacha steal?
Men who love their country make sacrifices when the nation beckons them to service even when they have retired. it shows patriotism and an uncommon love for the Winston Churchill of Nigeria to swallow his pride to help salvage the country when we cried to him.
The military secretary acknowledged the presence of GMB's records n even published some. so did the US, Cambridge, the principal of government college Daura and millions of Nigerians worldwide.
who is involved in the 53 suitcases n how did it happened cos you don't know what you are talking about. A clue: an emir was involved. go do proper research.
on Abacha ,I think you are listening to too miseducation from the PDP . Think well.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Cwhyte(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
great664:
He also accuse GEJ of not fighting corruption that we Nigerians fails to understand because of hate.

* GMB fight Corruption by imprison corrupt officials but that didn't end it

*GEJ - Fight corruption by eliminating the means in which corrupt leaders loot public fund.

GMB - Use soldiers to clamp down on traders to agree on price thereby forcing them to sale regarding either they are profiting or loosing.

GEJ - Uses Demand and Supply chain to regulate price, by making sure we reduce import and increase export to balance the economy.

GMB - Under his watch 21B was missing without his knowledge.

GEJ - Uncovers the Billions Naira being stolen under subsidy scheme and remove it so that the stealing will stop though Nigerians will suffer a little from it and that's his mistake to Nigerians that we are crucifying him.

Remember even the US has Terrorist problem and under their watch World Trade Centre was brought down, how much more Nigeria to fight Terrorist and win it easily. Shey we be super mike.

Rubbish. Do you think at all?

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ChynoBEATS: 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

What evil plans? No evil plans were intended.

Tell me what's wrong in deporting illegal immigrants.

See who's talking...... Ah APC has bribed you
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by great664(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Cwhyte:

Rubbish. Do you think at all?
no I don't think cuz am not human am Alien. Its only your stewpid who thinks and allow you to vote Tyrant that ruled him and he is happy to rule you and your children again.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by emmatok(m): 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
[s]
felifeli:

This man is a dunce. Obviously you are too young to make these comments. Go and ask you father or uncle for advice before you come here to talk nonsense. In a sane country people like Buhari should be ashamed to speak anymore , but see he is running for president and a lot of brain dead idiuts are saluting.

Heil Buhari
[/s]
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Knight1:
@op

Remove House arrest of Shagari from the list of bad things please.
As an ex number citizen of a country, You don't go to general prisons when convicted, by convention.

You are subjected to house arrest in honor of the Office you once held. Some of you saw this in the series 24 with President Logan
Convention from where and since when? Hosni Mubarak is in prison and is still undergoing trial. Whose convention are you on about son?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by chupcake(m): 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
If the APC decides to do a documentary on Jonah, I wonder if any sane individual will vote for him. Nigerians seems to have short memory, putting the 6yrs he has spent in office into a 2-3hr video will be bad for PDP.

I hope they let me vote with my Temporary Voters Card sha..

Vote for Change

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by intergral(m): 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
datguru:
About the man Buhari
I have never seen any school built in his name Buhari, I
have never seen any borehole constructed by him. There is
no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor
through him. I have never seen him use his popularity to
canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort,
not even at the height of the polio scourge where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for
immunization.
No single text book has been donated to any school either
by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing,
he has not improved himself since his exit from office. No
book written, no memoirs, no lectures,nothing. The only
thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on
the BBC Hausa station.
He never champion for a university in his state nor has he
ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the
lives of the Almajiris in Daura. His entire existence has not
led to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say
he can change Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again? No wonder he was
referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. He is not a
patron to any organization, group or association. No
professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their
lecture, convention or gala night.
The only time any known form, body or human assemblage
ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko
Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt in Saudi Arabia but he
refused. He recently joined twitter because of the election.
He recently went to church services because of elections
Vote Wisely
Mr man thank you very much.... Now list what jonathan has done GOOD and BAD...... VOTE WISELY

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Knight1(m): 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
1. Hosni Mubarak is a special case cos of the manner in which he was removed and the crimes which are related to the removal. Even then, he is at Torah prison, a prison for political detainees
2. Note that I said Convention, not by law cos ordinarily, the new president will be expected to grant a pardon
3. Most importantly, I have seen Nigeria's own. It's in Asokoro. And that's all I'm saying about that.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mekaboy(m): 12:23am On Jan 28, 2015
iluvnaija:
AIT see your life?

What about the 53 suitcases containing drugs, for foriegn currency and illegal arms.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Smart007i(m): 12:25am On Jan 28, 2015
great664:
He also accuse GEJ of not fighting corruption that we Nigerians fails to understand because of hate.

* GMB fight Corruption by imprison corrupt officials but that didn't end it

*GEJ - Fight corruption by eliminating the means in which corrupt leaders loot public fund.

GMB - Use soldiers to clamp down on traders to agree on price thereby forcing them to sale regarding either they are profiting or loosing.

GEJ - Uses Demand and Supply chain to regulate price, by making sure we reduce import and increase export to balance the economy.

GMB - Under his watch 21B was missing without his knowledge.

GEJ - Uncovers the Billions Naira being stolen under subsidy scheme and remove it so that the stealing will stop though Nigerians will suffer a little from it and that's his mistake to Nigerians that we are crucifying him.

Remember even the US has Terrorist problem and under their watch World Trade Centre was brought down, how much more Nigeria to fight Terrorist and win it easily. Shey we be super mike.
Are you Gej's mouth pist... Cause you sound alot like him to me, Like seriously
you Said This administration fought Corruption... With all that is going on in the media b4 all this cheap Propaganda
By PDP...Ok let's say his being fighting corruption His own way i.e Blocking the channels or avenues use by those Corrupt people. My question is what Will
happen to them if they find another way
to commit the same crime?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 12:49am On Jan 28, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

See who's talking...... Ah APC has bribed you

Has PDP blinded you?

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mekaboy(m): 1:00am On Jan 28, 2015
Babacele:
Men who love their country make sacrifices when the nation beckons them to service even when they have retired. it shows patriotism and an uncommon love for the Winston Churchill of Nigeria to swallow his pride to help salvage the country when we cried to him.
The military secretary acknowledged the presence of GMB's records n even published some. so did the US, Cambridge, the principal of government college Daura and millions of Nigerians worldwide.
who is involved in the 53 suitcases n how did it happened cos you don't know what you are talking about. A clue: an emir was involved. go do proper research.
on Abacha ,I think you are listening to too miseducation from the PDP . Think well.

You have shot ursellf with ur own gun. He is patriotic and he sympathises with terrorists and comparing them to niger-dellta. He said an attack on the people terrorising Nigeria is an attack on the north.

He is patriotic and he wont attend councel of states meeting to provide any solution to end the insecurity, just because he wants to use the insecurity as a campaign advantage,while Nigerians die.

Is the Emir above the law? Why wont his suitcases be searched. What of the traditional rulers he harassed for going to Israel?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by wasuka14(m): 1:03am On Jan 28, 2015
wasuka14:
Well, Fear God, if u don't lnw ask pls. Although, i don't knw ur age. But if u r in secondary school or university btw 1996 to 1998 wen GBM was d head of PTF u won't talk like dis. Ever since GMB left PTF 9ja standard of edu fall. Class room blocks was constructed, books of all subject was donated to schools n library of higher intitutions, science labouratories equipment was procured for schools, sch buses was donated to higher intitutions, n second schs, water was provided in many rural n urban settlements, roads was constructed all across 9ja. Etc wic I can list here.
datguru:
About the man Buhari
I have never seen any school built in his name Buhari, I
have never seen any borehole constructed by him. There is
no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor
through him. I have never seen him use his popularity to
canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort,
not even at the height of the polio scourge where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for
immunization.
No single text book has been donated to any school either
by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing,
he has not improved himself since his exit from office. No
book written, no memoirs, no lectures,nothing. The only
thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on
the BBC Hausa station.
He never champion for a university in his state nor has he
ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the
lives of the Almajiris in Daura. His entire existence has not
led to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say
he can change Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again? No wonder he was
referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. He is not a
patron to any organization, group or association. No
professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their
lecture, convention or gala night.
The only time any known form, body or human assemblage
ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko
Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt in Saudi Arabia but he
refused. He recently joined twitter because of the election.
He recently went to church services because of elections
Vote Wisely
Well, Fear God, if u don't lnw ask pls. Although, i don't knw ur age. But if u r in secondary school or university btw 1996 to 1998 wen GBM was d head of PTF u won't talk like dis. Ever since GMB left PTF 9ja standard of edu fall. Class room blocks was constructed, books of all subject was donated to schools n library of higher intitutions, science labouratories equipment was procured for schools, sch buses was donated to higher intitutions, n second schs, water was provided in many rural n urban settlements, roads was constructed all across 9ja. Etc wic I can list here. Did GEJ hav any impact in otuoke talkless of bayelsa or south south region b4 he become president?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 1:05am On Jan 28, 2015
datribune:

Get ur facts correct. d GHANA MUST GO SAGA WAS UNDER PRESIDENT SHAGARI. Few months b4 our economy collapsed due to d looting & profligacy of d NPN, president Shagari rather than listen to Awolowo's advice to address d core problem which was corruption & waste, he thought d way to solve d economic challenge was to send foreigners out of d country & reduce d pressure on nigeria. He was wrong. d foreigners left but d corruption remained. Few months later d economy collapsed & Awolowo who predicted dis collapse was labelled as a "PROPHET OF DOOM" by loud mouthed NPN stalwarts like d late Chuba Okadigbo who in an earlier unrelated issue went on a tantrum describing d great Nnamdi Azikiwe's talk as "THE RANTINGS OF AN ANT".
NB: If u got ur information frm Wikipedia, Wikipedia is wrong.

Oga, calm down. I am not pro-PDP. Bros I quoted the documentary for the guy who was twisting it and saying Ghanaians only were deported.

However, I later found out the above you told me. I know the documentary is filled with lies. Cheers.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by rebranded(m): 2:40am On Jan 28, 2015
When you see GEJ's documentary you will cry.

Should we start with boko haram, or the stolen millions

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Kirinwa: 4:20am On Jan 28, 2015
mekaboy:
Sentencing a mother of 2 children to death by firing squad to me is not cool.

jailing fella for foriegn currency while allowing 53 suitcases is not cool for me.

supporting and comapring bokoharam terrorists with mend is not cool. turning arround to accuse the president of lacking the will to crush the group u sympathize with is not cool.

The hatred ghananians have for nigerians today was caused by buhari.

* dancing alanta

Reverse Buhari pull over
Eh Buhari pull over
Show me your certificate
Oya pull over
Eh Buhari pull over

Now op back to you..
There were points they quoted Buhari to have said which you left out why?

Buhari said that its not the business of Chriistians if Boko Haram chop off their arms

He also said that FG was being unfair in granting Mend amnesty while leaving out Boko Haram which to him is injustice to northern Nigeria

Buhari said Moslems should only vote for moslems. If these facts are not true Pdp won't say it because I believe they recoorded it since it was said publicly.

Besides who is Buhari's wife and why is she silent and not visible in supporting her husband? Abi her husband is a widow too?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by neocortex: 4:36am On Jan 28, 2015
The so-called "analysis" by brainbox2104 is relying on the fact that most people won't cross-check his assertions.
I am particularly amazed that the writer could deny Buhari's past comment on Boko haram even thogh pro-APC newspaper such as punch published it.

Here is the link to that article : http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Babacele: 5:34am On Jan 28, 2015
mekaboy:

You have shot ursellf with ur own gun. He is patriotic and he sympathises with terrorists and comparing them to niger-dellta. He said an attack on the people terrorising Nigeria is an attack on the north.

He is patriotic and he wont attend councel of states meeting to provide any solution to end the insecurity, just because he wants to use the insecurity as a campaign advantage,while Nigerians die.

Is the Emir above the law? Why wont his suitcases be searched. What of the traditional rulers he harassed for going to Israel?
Don't get unnecessarily emotional n listen :
1. GMB has never mince words in condemning terrorism n bokoharam but when soldiers kill innocent women n children throwing the rules of engagement into the dustbin, a patriot like GMB wouldnt keep quiet. Gej said he knows these terrorists and Bamanga Tukur,the president's man Friday n PDP chairman, said bokoharam is fighting for justice. so who is fooling who?
2. GEJ has showered GMB with more eulogies and even conferred him with a national award for his patriotism. Where are all the advice sent to GEJ by eminent Nigerians e.g OBJ?
3. The emir in question ,Jokolo,was the emir of Gwandu travelling with his entourage: wives,children,servant,cook etc. So their panties,clothes n shoes made up the 53 suitcases. it was journalistic hack job to sell a sensational story . go find out.
Even GEJ knows that GMB is very patriotic! what do you say?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by great664(m): 6:22am On Jan 28, 2015
Smart007i:

Are you Gej's mouth pist... Cause you sound alot like him to me, Like seriously
you Said This administration fought Corruption... With all that is going on in the media b4 all this cheap Propaganda
By PDP...Ok let's say his being fighting corruption His own way i.e Blocking the channels or avenues use by those Corrupt people. My question is what Will
happen to them if they find another way
to commit the same crime?
Lol, u sound like a kid or u are not informed, which other way? In the Agricultural sector and elimination of ghost workers that's forever, no way for corruption in that sector again forever. Pls google IPPIPS to know more about it. Thank You
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Crispels(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
Brainbox2014,

I downloaded the documentary to analyze it fully. I can say that any intelligent minded person would support Buhari because PDP sorta did campaign for him. Meanwhile, only the gullible ones will fall for it (and sorry to say, many Nigerians are gullible because of our mentality).

They were busy ranting jail jail jail. Most times they didn't give the real reason why he jailed them.

Lots of good things were painted bad.

please link to the video download please,Or how can I download the video need to make analysis too!!!
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by UncleSnr(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2015
This video has been online since 2013 and I can't relate it to PDP vs APC saga.
I have watched it over and over since it was released.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Knight1:
1. Hosni Mubarak is a special case cos of the manner in which he was removed and the crimes which are related to the removal. Even then, he is at Torah prison, a prison for political detainees
2. Note that I said Convention, not by law cos ordinarily, the new president will be expected to grant a pardon
3. Most importantly, I have seen Nigeria's own. It's in Asokoro. And that's all I'm saying about that.
Torah is not Mubarak's house, Asokoro is no Presidents house. Why was Shagari in his house not in prison for political detainees? Why did he send others to kirikiri not even to the prison for detainees?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 10:22am On Jan 28, 2015
Babacele:
1. GMB has never mince words in condemning terrorism n bokoharam but when soldiers kill innocent women n children throwing the rules of engagement into the dustbin, a patriot like GMB wouldnt keep quiet. Gej said he knows these terrorists and Bamanga Tukur,the president's man Friday n PDP chairman, said bokoharam is fighting for justice. so who is fooling who?
2. GEJ has showered GMB with more eulogies and even conferred him with a national award for his patriotism. Where are all the advice sent to GEJ by eminent Nigerians e.g OBJ?
3. The emir in question ,Jokolo,was the emir of Gwandu travelling with his entourage: wives,children,servant,cook etc. So their panties,clothes n shoes made up the 53 suitcases. it was journalistic hack job to sell a sensational story . go find out.
Oh it is no longer the suitcases of diplomats from Libya and their family? You have no defence sir.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Babacele: 10:36am On Jan 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Oh it is no longer the suitcases of diplomats from Libya and their family? You have no defence sir.
name d diplomat s from Libya and don't run away. I am waiting so that I can learn sir.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 10:55am On Jan 28, 2015
Crispels:

please link to the video download please,Or how can I download the video need to make analysis too!!!

I downloaded it from youtube.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Swiftboy(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
We all know politicians for propaganda but read about your man before you vote...if you say he's changed well I believe Goodluck will change too. As for me and my house we will not vote base on our emotions but on facts on ground. Check out this one...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
cycline404:
Just watching the poster above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But come to think of it this is a mere propaganda i watched the video several time, all those he jailed, fire where all been persecuted based on the rule of law back then.

Talking about the WAI, that was a great one, Nigerians to que up to enter buses or never to throw a paper nor sh.it on the street, that was a great one.. why now painting it black..

Then after IBB took over, what happened to Nigeria's corruption situation.

Good i salute and support the power of women in the society. Sometimes when it comes to a serious business especially from a man, then the women should not be put first, imagine them saying buari never go to the church meeting alongside with Fashola and Adeboye with his wife. Damm that was cheap.

PDP really need some jobs to do, as for me if i have decided to vote for Buhari then watched this propaganda, i will still go ahead and vote for him.

************************Modify*********************************
I saw so many many lies in that videos.
I am an hard core fela fan.

Fela was angry on the fact that buhari Jailed him, not because fela was traveling with some foreign currency:
Fela only came in with some foreign currency, which he was paid with for his show abroad, there was law on then on such regulation, that made fela to be persecuted based on that, in other to reduce corruption.

Fela, later released a track beast of no nation, which talked about Buahri but the only accusation he gave him was GMB, strictness on discipline matter, which to me i saw as something that would have trained Nigerians let assume they allow it to happen the way GMB did it, we wont start writing DO NOT URINATE HERE on every walls.

Damm so much lies in that video, like the photos of A soldier telling a police man to do some frog jump, that wasnt buhari's time.

Based on the missing money, it wasnt during GMB's time the track of Fela, Army Arrangement said it all. They should not cut and edit what the great fela never said. All was during Obasanjo's time

The video was so dumb and unprofessional honestly, it was a very cheap disgraceful stunt all those indomine headed opposition can come up with, now i see more reason why they signed the FOI's bill during this time..

Why talking about the death of GMB's daughter, shai this people no go kill me, what has that got to do with GMB as the presidential candidate.

I am so sure and convinced that Fayose was the brain behind the video and the oga say go ahead.

If GMB only agenda is to tackle, tries and jail corrupt officials, then we want him there.
Corruption kills the
Education Sector
Judiciary Sector
Electoral Sector
Health sector
Power Sector
Revenue Sector
Aviation Sector
and on and on....

If the above sector sit up even in fear and do there job right then there is a better Nigeria
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mekaboy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
Babacele:

Stop trying to cover up the statement was quite clear. "an attack on bokoharam is and attack on the north" he did not say anything about military rules of engagement or innocent people killed. As a matter of fact he said while niger delta militants r living like kings bokoharam members are killed.

You cant tell what were in the suitcases because they were never opened. So whatever is assumed to be inside it is correct. All those who were caught with foriegn currencies were caught because their suitcases were searched. Unless his was searched we can assume it contained anything.

The buhari who u claim to be patriotic does not have to wait for obj to offer solution.

Since he does not want bokoharam members killed , why not attend councel of states meeting and provide solution. The so called patriotic sat down and watched, waiting for the campign to use insecurity an advantage.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
Babacele:
name d diplomat s from Libya and don't run away. I am waiting so that I can learn sir.
Lol, you know I won't run. I will even show you my certificate(s) if you want and I won't refer you to anyone wink
Read below and tell me what you think. Don't run away!

The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, under whose regime as Head of State the suitcases were stowed away from Customs check, told newsmen at a campaign stop in Dutse, Jigawa State, that erstwhile Peoples Democratic Party, PDP presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, was in the best position to explain the issue.
While Atiku in a riposte acquitted himself and blamed “rude and crude” soldiers from Buhari’s headquarters for the slip, the Buhari/Bakare campaign in another statement queried the intentions of the PDP in raising the issue when it alleged that the PDP government was itself rocked with scandals.
The PDP presidential campaign council had at the weekend cited the 53 suitcases saga as evidence of what it claimed as Buhari’s imperfection.
Depletion of foreign reserves
The CPC challenged the PDP to, among others, explain the depletion of the foreign reserve by $30 billion, the award of the Abuja airport runway at a price of N64 billion among other allegations on malfeasances by the present administration.
The 53 suitcases saga arose in 1984 during the currency change exercise ordered by the Buhari junta when it ordered that every case arriving the country should be inspected irrespective of the status of the person behind such.
The 53 suitcases were, however, ferried through the Murtala Muhammed Airport without Customs check by soldiers allegedly at the behest of Major Mustapha Jokolo, the then Aide-de-Camp, ADC, to Gen. Buhari. Atiku was at that time the Area Comptroller of Customs in charge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport.
Responding to enquiries from newsmen on the issue during a campaign stop in Dutse, shortly before a courtesy call on Governor Sule Lamido, Buhari said that Atiku was in the best position to speak on the issue because he was in-charge of the Airport Customs.
He said: “You go and ask him for details. I was in Dodan Barrack as Head of State then. I know my head of protocol, late Ambassador Dahiru, came back from Saudi Arabia together with his three wives and about 15 children.
“Each had their luggage and his hand bag was also counted as one person’s luggage. The other details I cannot speak because I wasn’t there when the incident happened.”
Atiku’s response
Responding, yesterday, Atiku said the issue was well documented in his authorized biography, “Atiku: The Story of Atiku Abubakar” written by Onukaba Adiniyi-Ojo who was at that time The Guardian aviation correspondent and now a top aide of the former Vice-President.
Speaking through his spokesman, Garba Shehu, he said: “In his own account (Adiniyi-Ojo’s) the story is how big men and women consider the observance of laid down procedure as something that is belittling. Soldiers who came to pick the suitcases were rude and crude and threatened Customs officers who had insisted on inspecting the suitcases.”
Details on the 53 suitcases
Buhari’s spokesman, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, in another statement giving further details on how the 53 suitcases were ferried into the country said: “In 1984, the Emir of Gwandu whose son was ADC to General Buhari was returning to the country from overseas.
The Head of State on learning of his arrival asked his son to go and receive him at the airport as they were only playing squash at the time.
“Coincidentally, the Nigerian ambassador to Libya at the time, Dr. Tahir Waziri, arrived at the same time with the Emir with his three wives and 16 children.
They all came with their belongings as he was coming home to take up a new appointment as chief of protocol to the Head of State. It was the suitcases of the family of 20 that were counted as belonging to the Emir and falsely presented to the public.
“General Buhari has, over the years, asked those who have questions over the matter to go to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who was at the head of Customs operations at the airport on the day. Now we are further suggesting this as a research topic for a doctoral thesis by the President when he hands over on May 29, 2011.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/53-suitcases-saga-buhari-blasts-atiku-jonathan/#sthash.i784QjDs.dpuf
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Babacele: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Lol, you know I won't run. I will even show you my certificate(s) if you want and I won't refer you to anyone wink
Read below and tell me what you think. Don't run away!

allegedly? oh OK . a report from National Security Organisation will educate you not sensational hogwash by hungry journalists .

n 1984, Rafindadi and the NSO were embrollied in controversy when theEmirofGwandu(father of Buhari's ADC Major Mustapha Jokolo) and his entourage were allegedly allowed to clear 53 suitcases through customs on arrival from a foreign trip.Atiku Abubakar, then the customs Area Administrator at theMurtala Mohammed International Airportwent on air to announce the incident in an apparentmove to take credit and at the same time discredit his bossAbubakar Musa, the Director of Customs. Because of the impending currency change in the country at the time, the press went to town with a story alleging that the suitcases had contained hard currency smuggled into thecountry. The actual culprit at the time was Ambassador Dahiru Waziri, a friend of Rafindadi who had just returned with his family from a posting inSaudi Arabiato resume as the Chief of Protocol in the StateHouse. Waziri had flown in on the same aircraft as the Emir of Gwandu and his luggage had been collected directly from the aircraft by a protocol officer in the Sate House and ferried directly to the State House without passing through customs. Another member of the Emir of Gwandu's party was Buhari's half brother, which led to theEmirofDaura's (Daura is Buhari's hometown) name being mentioned originally in the press instead of the Emir ofGwandu in an attempt to implicate the Head of State in the affair. In an attempt to protect his friend, Rafindadi later claimed that it was he who had received the suitcases on behalf of a colleague in the diplomatic service and that the suitcases were to have been ostensibly filled with personal effects and not hard currency as alleged by the media.[27]
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
Babacele:
allegedly? oh OK . a report from National Security Organisation will educate you not sensational hogwash by hungry journalists .

n 1984, Rafindadi and the NSO were embrollied in controversy when theEmirofGwandu(father of Buhari's ADC Major Mustapha Jokolo) and his entourage were allegedly allowed to clear 53 suitcases through customs on arrival from a foreign trip.Atiku Abubakar, then the customs Area Administrator at theMurtala Mohammed International Airportwent on air to announce the incident in an apparentmove to take credit and at the same time discredit his bossAbubakar Musa, the Director of Customs. Because of the impending currency change in the country at the time, the press went to town with a story alleging that the suitcases had contained hard currency smuggled into thecountry. The actual culprit at the time was Ambassador Dahiru Waziri, a friend of Rafindadi who had just returned with his family from a posting inSaudi Arabiato resume as the Chief of Protocol in the StateHouse. Waziri had flown in on the same aircraft as the Emir of Gwandu and his luggage had been collected directly from the aircraft by a protocol officer in the Sate House and ferried directly to the State House without passing through customs. Another member of the Emir of Gwandu's party was Buhari's half brother, which led to theEmirofDaura's (Daura is Buhari's hometown) name being mentioned originally in the press instead of the Emir ofGwandu in an attempt to implicate the Head of State in the affair. In an attempt to protect his friend, Rafindadi later claimed that it was he who had received the suitcases on behalf of a colleague in the diplomatic service and that the suitcases were to have been ostensibly filled with personal effects and not hard currency as alleged by the media.[27]
Whichever way it is, 53 suitcases were let in without due process.

The account I gave to you if read it was credited to both Buhari and his campaign director. You now see why I asked if it is no longer diplomat from Libya?

APC, twisting the truth since 1806

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable / Programme For Ademola Adeleke's Swearing-In Ceremony As Osun Governor (Photo) / Bishop Fearon Blasts Oyedepo Over ‘Mad’ Comment On APC Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.