Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant (32274 Views)

President Buhari Set For US Trip on Monday / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Landloard01(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
Aisha, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday said her ongoing trip to the United States was not being funded with public funds.
Speaking in an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, Mrs. Buhari said the trip was being funded with personal funds and sponsorship grant.
“We sponsored even the government officials that came with us on this trip,” she said.
The president’s wife explained that the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration was not funding her office and that her role was just a supportive one to complement her husband’s services to the country.
Mrs. Buhari said the office of First Lady had become a tradition in almost all nations of the world, not just Nigeria.
“All that we are doing is to help our husbands,” she said.
“For instance someone can decide to give me Indomie or Maggie, which he cannot give to the president, women need these things.
“In any state where a governor’s wife is irrelevant such as Yobe, you will notice that the women are suffering.

“Whenever we get such gifts, we don’t keep them but share to those in need.”
The president’s wife also explained that the Nigerian government had put in place a special programme to help women.
She said she held a meeting with the Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, before embarking on her U.S. trip on how to sensitize women on ways of taking advantage of the new policy.
“Very soon our women will get help,” she said.
Mrs. Buhari also responded to a question on why Nigerians are suffering at this time.
“This may be because of the existence of the Treasury Single Account, TSA, and the activities of Boko Haram which prevented people from farming last season,” she said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208165-trip-u-s-funded-aisha-buhari.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by HungerBAD: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
Aisha Buhari.

You owe nobody any explanation.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by madridguy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Ramon92: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Tell 'em!!! Sound it!!! Aisha, lie to them!!!

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by OKKO(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
Why are Nigerians suffering?
Instead of saying her husbands lack of economic sense, ineptitude, vendetta, policy somersault and continuous lies to the Nation...she said BH and TSA.

She lacks tough with reality as usual...

Plz can somebody explain what she said happen to the first lady of Yobe?

Flash Back:
APC: we shall never have office of first lady- PMB
Aisha: Its is a lie, I want to support my husband, it is obtained everywhere in the world.
Zombies: APC is very cost effective, we shall jettison the office of first lady, it is only practice in Nigeria by PDP, instead we will have office of the wife of the president.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by iffydave: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
The president’s wife explained that the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration was not funding her office and that her role was just a supportive one to complement her husband’s services to the country.
Mrs. Buhari said the office of First Lady had become a tradition in almost all nations of the world, not just Nigeria.

But your husband 'promised' to scrap office of first lady?
www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

[size=20pt] Indeed all promises cancelled! [/size]

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Abeos(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
ok

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by YINKS89(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
does that change anyfin?
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by kayo80(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
Okay. She had to answer the wailers, since they went from saying 'Aisha can't enter America' to 'why is she wasting our money.' These Wailers are confused set of people.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by redcliff: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
OKKO:
Instead of saying her husbands lack of economic sense, ineptitude, vendetta, policy somersault and continuous lies to the Nation...she said BH and TSA.

Flash Back:
Aisha: Its is a lie, I want to support my husband, it is obtained everywhere in the world.
Zombies: APC is very cost effective, we shall jettison the office of first lady, it is only practice in Nigeria by PDP, instead we will have office of the wife of the president.

You may have high bp soon. Take it easy

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by boman2014: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
OKKO:
Flash Back:

are u HIGH on something?

15 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by clems88(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
I think a mod is high on expired gari to have repeated this thread trice grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by dotcomnamename: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
The shameless wailers and the Ugwu hawkers could now shift gear and write about something else like ''How Mrs. Buhari spent billions of Naira of Nigerian money on her trip to the USA''. Well, Mrs Aisha Buhari, wife of president Muhammadu Buhari,is a successful business woman. So get that in your skulls you fecking ba*s*tards that never travelled on a wrecked plane, ship or even a lorry.. grin.

Nice and humble. The Nigerian governors wives should learn from Mrs Buhari. All the best our admirable First Lady. Keeping doing good.

8 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by martineverest(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
BiaWailers have changed gear.its no longer 'let him visit white house'.its now 'who funded her trip?'

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by casttlebarbz(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
Q
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by gurunlocker: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol... lie Mohammed Don infect this woman with lie syndrome

10 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by debicy(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Public or no public, she has gone to USA.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by dd2017: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
k
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by laurel03(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
Wailers fit call it photoshop....
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by ChappyChase: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
“We sponsored even the government officials that
came with us on this trip,” she said.
My fada my fada!!!!!
Is this lie!!!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
She failed those questions she was asked, mostly the last two.

How did the activities of Boko haram and northerners not farming at the period affect a whole nation, including the naira fall.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by delzbaba(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
What's happening in Yobe,and how is TSA connected with our situation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Fvckboy: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
redcliff:

You may have high bp soon. Take it easy
lolz
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by PaulIdu: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
Not suprised because both Aisha and her husband have proven to be prudent people ..we all remember how her husband took a loan to buy presidential form. God bless you for using ya own money to travel to the states

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by VocalWalls: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
The only persons i pity in this situation are those who continue to support our pitiable nigerian politicians, claiming Aisha Buhari is telling the truth, and slamming other Nigerians over her lies.

So Aisha Buhari had this much money, rocking bags that cost close to billions, and her husband couldn't afford his election form? what a sweet home.

Even if she sponsored herself and everyone else, at what exchange rate did she get the dollars she is currently spending in the US?

abeg... let those who chose to remain in ignorance die there...

Does Your House Smell Bad?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
OKKO:

Flash Back:
She has no idea of why Nigerians are suffering, because she's in Aso Rock, eating free meals.

I never knew she's this dumb.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by sylve11: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by idealtailor(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
A pious woman stands with her Man especially during hard times. "Tough times never last but tough play people do."

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by kadas01(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
Aunty Aisha, you can lie o! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by DabuIIIT: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
The nation is suffering cos the northernes aint farming no more cos of boko haram and not the nda..therefore more money must be channelled to the north to revamp the economy..what a subtle mama_thief indeed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by DesChyko: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol.. Seriously, how do we verify if it's true? ; D
Re: Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant by DesChyko: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol.. Seriously, how do we verify if it's true? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays / Governor Tambuwal Receives Tinubu In Sokoto For The APC Campaign Rally / Pictured: This Old Man Came Down From The Hospital To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.