Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan (23695 Views)

Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors / Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by 9jagistonline(m): 5:48am On Jan 28, 2015
LAFIA—PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday set an age barrier for a possible successor if he wins re-election, saying that anyone above 57 years would not receive his support in 2019.

Speaking at a campaign rally in Lafias, Nasarawa State the president also disowned the governorship aspiration of his former minister of information, Mr. Labaran Maku, affirming he never supported his move from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The President also promised to give special attention to Nasarawa State on account of what he said is the proximity of the state to Abuja.

Giving his determination to support power transfer to the younger generation, the president said: “We want to encourage young people because the future belongs to them. We will not take leadership from you because you are the leaders of tomorrow. The director-general of my campaign organisation, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, has mentioned that my successor is going to be a younger person and that is what we will do.

‘’If you look at how we are going you will find out that what he said is true. Obasanjo was 70 when he was elected, the late President Yar’Adua was in his early 60s, I am about 60. So the PDP is grading down from Obsanjo to me.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/successors-must-younger-jonathan/

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by freshness2020: 5:52am On Jan 28, 2015
Gbam!

No cheating, we the easterner's are not hungry for power like some drunk, old and greedy politicians!
APC is grinding down!
After GEJ 2015, Ribadu 2019 follows!

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by eunisam: 6:00am On Jan 28, 2015
lets try fresh blood because new broom sweeps better.(not apc broom o!)

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Welrez(m): 6:01am On Jan 28, 2015
I hope it won't give Namadi Sambo, the Anti-christ crusader, goose pimples.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 6:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Crap as usual from the unintelligent president.

Going by your warped reasoning, it doesn't matter if the younger person is competent or not.

OBJ who led from age 63 till 70, despite our condemnation of his regime, has turned out to be far better than yours by every parameter with which good governance is measured.

If you had performed well beyond the mediocre achievements you hype about, Buhari would have been a DOA (dead on arrival) case but since your performance has been an "F", we youths are once again relying on the so-called old but sincere General.

In your myopic calculation, you will not mind supporting any of the younger thieves and looters who dominate your government.

You remain the worst president Nigeria has ever known.

297 Likes 33 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Extom(m): 6:08am On Jan 28, 2015
Oga Jona, who are you to say? undecided

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by LagosBoi2(m): 6:08am On Jan 28, 2015
This man is a disgrace to the office of a president even president of somalia is far more intelligent

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Akshow: 6:10am On Jan 28, 2015
were ni man yi sha

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by DWJOBScom(m): 6:11am On Jan 28, 2015
Young people must take the bull by the horn as these old men are simply grabbing their pension funds.

Young people like Aganga , Agric Minister(I don't know his name) , Ribadu , Gov Chime and anyother enterprising young Nigerian

19 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:11am On Jan 28, 2015
Ribadu would be GEJ's successor whether we like it or not, he should be ready by 2019.

15 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by DWJOBScom(m): 6:13am On Jan 28, 2015
LagosBoi2:
This man is a disgrace to the office of a president even president of somalia is far more intelligent

How is Somalian economy?
I think you need breakfast.......insist on getting one

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 6:14am On Jan 28, 2015
This guy keep digging himself deeper in clueless.

52 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by lilbabyak(m): 6:14am On Jan 28, 2015
even if the person is young, gullible and clueless? tufiakwa.
This man don kill me.
In other news

sai GMB
sai APC

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by ogbronx(m): 6:17am On Jan 28, 2015
Every time this president opens his mouth to speak, he gives the enlightened more reasons not to support him. After many years of failure, the few pple left in his camp as supporters are either very ignorant pple, bigots or thieves .

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by stinggy(m): 6:20am On Jan 28, 2015
Talking cobblers as usual.
This man doesn't get tired at all angry

18 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by abes(m): 6:21am On Jan 28, 2015
Jonathan doesn't give a damn about the constitution, even when the constitution does not set a maximum age for any Nigerian aspiring to be the President.

21 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by LagosBoi2(m): 6:22am On Jan 28, 2015
DWJOBScom:

How is Somalian economy?
I think you need breakfast.......insist on getting one

I think it is you who need a dose of we*d, A war ravaged country recovering from Al-shabab and economy coming back to life. You must be sick to be comparing the growth of Somalia to the growth of Nigeria under a clueless president, Intead of taking territories they are loosing them

37 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 6:25am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ speaks as if the presidency is his and his only. The people of Nasarawa should look before the leap, GEJ has a very good record of just using words and words alone. He never backs his words with action.

*Na so everyday empty promises go dey pile up*.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by HACKPASTOR(m): 6:28am On Jan 28, 2015
yes we need Youth Leader, but dont runs our Economy down before that time.

May Good Bless You All.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by makzeze: 6:38am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ till 2015

GMB till 2023.

Buhari is the most respected and loved person in Nigeria, North in particular.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by raumdeuter: 6:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Jonadumb is really a morron

WHat does age have to do with competence?

The two top contender for US presidency the biggest democracy in the world in 2016, Hilary Clinton and Jeb Bush are both over 60

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Olanireti(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Does the clueless man wants to impose his son in-law on us? Clueless man ever liveth

11 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Olanireti(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Does the clueless man want to impose his son in-law on us? Clueless man ever liveth

5 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by petrov10: 6:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Amen

Gej till buhari becmes 45 cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by cocoduck: 6:49am On Jan 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Jonadumb is really a morron

WHat does age have to do with competence?

The two top contender for US presidency the biggest democracy in the world in 2016, Hilary Clinton and Jeb Bush are both over 60
It is your father that is a morron, FYI GEJ has been deputy goernor,governor,vice president and now president and will remain president till 2019, and that old 419 daura dog will be shamed

6 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2015
Mr President, Nigerians reserve the right to choose their leaders. You can't foist a "younger" fella on them. If they chose to make a 100yrs old their president, so be it.

Besides, your successor is already chosen, and he is older than you. Come feBuhari 14th, you would lick your sores back to Otuoke. Nigerians have passed their verdict already.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Chanchit: 6:58am On Jan 28, 2015
Yea, right. Young and clueless.

11 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Ivanspring(f): 6:58am On Jan 28, 2015
Gosh! If hatred could kill, GEJ would be dead and buried by now.

10 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Deiok(m): 7:08am On Jan 28, 2015
jonaTan and his PDP goons having goose bump at the mention of buhari.

whether they like it or not buhari is our president comes Feb 14.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by harrysterol(m): 7:12am On Jan 28, 2015
eunisam:
lets try fresh blood because new broom sweeps better.(not apc broom o!)
grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by iamrealdeji(m): 7:13am On Jan 28, 2015
9jagistonline:
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday set an age barrier for a possible successor if he wins re-election, saying that anyone above 57 years would not receive his support in 2019.
Speaking at a campaign rally in Lafias, Nasarawa State the president also disowned the governorship aspiration of his former minister of information, Mr. Labaran Maku, affirming he never supported his move from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The President also promised to give special attention to Nasarawa State on account of what he said is the proximity of the state to Abuja.
Giving his determination to support power transfer to the younger generation, the president said: “We want to encourage young people because the future belongs to them. We will not take leadership from you because you are the leaders of tomorrow. The director-general of my campaign organisation, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, has mentioned that my successor is going to be a younger person and that is what we will do.
‘’If you look at how we are going you will find out that what he said is true. Obasanjo was 70 when he was elected, the late President Yar’Adua was in his early 60s, I am about 60. So the PDP is grading down from Obsanjo to me.
GEJ is already suffering from Dementia at 57 and he's blaming a smart 72 year old man for been 72,Obasanjo wasn't 70 when he was elected,but older and way smarter than Jonathan

17 Likes

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2015
Lalasticlala ishilove seun

Front page please. People need to know how their president talks. grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Sally Mbanefo, NTDC Boss / More Pictures And Video From Atiku/Okowa Rally In Ogun / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.