Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,661 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! (16087 Views)

My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! / 25 Reason Why We Ladies Cheat / Why We Ladies Sleep With Different Men - Student Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2008
I am not sure I understand your analogy.

But in trying to answer your question, I prefer to think it can go both ways.

1) You are upset
2) You are concerned about the break up
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
iice:

If am mistaken by your views and experiences, i'l take that.
Life is unexpected (though can be controlled) but 'what if' scenarios prepare us to some extent.
I never claimed to not understand that. I said i tire for the thing. You do know the OP's situation right?
All her threads have something to do her ex and whilst i understand her need to put find some closure with her ex, i think he is not wanting to give her the closure she wants. Like i said, you cannot force someone to give you what you want or need. I did say that think it was not a good thing. But unless it happens (closure from the other person) it will color your life in more ways than what one would expect and not necessarily for good.
Hi IIce,
We most definitely agree to some degree.
I haven't bothered so much with the OP's question because the thread took a different turn as the discussion progressed.
Even if 'what if' scenarios prepare us to some extent, they shouldn't stop us from asking questions or taking risks, and that's the point I want to establish.

True, not everyone can move on, but to survive, its a battle within and i think more than needing another person to give you a reason to keep going. Not disputing your thoughts, am just providing another alternative, and people are free to choose what path they want to thread on.

Yes ooo, i don't like long post that much grin

@Sisi, happy to be of service kiss

Ola, thank you ooo.

I absolutely agree.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by iice(f): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
H2O2:

Hi IIce,
We most definitely agree to some degree.
I haven't bothered so much with the OP's question because the thread took a different turn as the discussion progressed.
Even if 'what if' scenarios prepare us to some extent, they shouldn't stop us from asking questions or taking risks, and that's the point I want to establish.

I agree about taking risks and asking questions. But i think there comes a certain point when one must stop and try to salvage what can be salvaged and try to make the best of that.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by olanajim(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
@iice,
you that "what if" scenerio is my personal insurance against heartbreak? I always like to prepare for it in advance. I believe anyone can move on after heartbreak if he/she is sufficiently educated by the "what if" scenerio.

That is because things don't often go the way we view them.

What if the guy dump you tomorrow?
What if he die unexpectedly?
What if he impregnate another gal?
What if you are both biologically incompatible?

What if?

I always enjoy these moment and had mentioned it somewhere that one should always be prepared for the worst. That is the only way he won't breakdown if things go against him.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2008
iice:

I agree about taking risks and asking questions. But i think there comes a certain point when one must stop and try to salvage what can be salvaged and try to make the best of that.

I agree too.  However, that "point" is not universally defined.  kiss

Cheers
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by iice(f): 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2008
H2O2:

I agree too.  However, that "point" is not universally defined.  kiss

Cheers

Indeed.

olanajim:

@iice,
you that "what if" scenerio is my personal insurance against heartbreak? I always like to prepare for it in advance. I believe anyone can move on after heartbreak if he/she is sufficiently educated by the "what if" scenerio.

What if he impregnate another girl?

What if?

I always enjoy these moment and had mentioned it somewhere that one should always be prepared for the worst. That is the only way he won't breakdown if things go against him.

Ola, i feel you.  Am that way too.  Always be prepared (or try to) i say.  Like i say people will disappoint you, the degree and the effect just varies.  Those are the moments that test your strength and condition to react in situations because you are already prepared for the worse.  Like say you are a housewife and God forbid your husband dies, what will you do?  Are you already prepared to take the helm and do what you have to do for the survival of your family?  Sorry if this analogy takes it to a different area, but the point is don't fall apart to the point of not being able to put yourself back together (unless you have no effect on anyone else besides yourself). 
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
Alright IIce and Ola,
since we are now all about analogies and preparing for heartbreaks, and good old "moving on".

Hypothetically speaking,
Are you also prepared for the case where she runs away with your 1-day-old baby after giving birth?

What if a murderer escapes after killing your baby daughter?
1) Will you suck it up and say you have prepared for that what if
2) Are you going to adopt the "she's dead, it doesn't matter why/what killed her" motto
3) Or would you actually want to know "who" killed your beautiful angel

Sorry if I went slightly overboard. But some things are not so easy to accept without conviction.
olanajim:

@iice,

What if he impregnate another girl?

What if?

Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by iice(f): 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sure i will do want to know who killed her.  I will do my best to find out who killed her and have the person punished.  But doing my best and wanting does not always give me what i want - i know that.  I will be prepared if my best does not get me what i want/need and that in no account lessen the pain or anger i would feel but it will be something i will work out within myself.  I will have to come to terms with it or whither away.  A choice i must make (it would be easier to rely on someone to make that choice).
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2008
Now, we're back on track, iice and H202 have raised some wonderful points, but of course I am with H202 on this one, I think too too often, I am given advice, the 'perfect' advice, and I am left feeling 'Oh, yes that is obvious!' 'I don't need anybody to make me feel good, I don't need closure. I'll just move on with my life.' I believe it is unfair to say that my life is on pause just because I am concerned about my closure.

My life certainly is not on pause, but there are moments when I remember that missing link, yes to some it may not matter if their loved one left them, but to me it does.

When I get this 'perfect advice' I am left feeling empowered! I feel like I can do anything, but then shortly afterwards I realise that it isn't that simple. Yes, like I mentioned before, it is possible to patch your life together after being left in the dark, because yes, there will always be some very rational person who will tell you that 'You life is in your hands.' 'That no one can phase you if you don't let them.'

The ol' "Bricks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." - you try that and get back to me on how that works out for ya!

Let me give you an example; "A boy who's mother abandoned him, and on his 18th birthday his foster parents tracked her down for him.' Upon knocking on her door to greet her, not to try and force his way back into her life, but to forgive her, to patch things up, to understand what happened, to gain closure, she opened the door and after he explained thoroughly, she explains how she is aware that he wanted to see her, but then tells him that she wants nothing to do with him, she has a new life now, and she closes the door on him."

Of course, we are much more sympathetic towards someone in such a situation, we support the boy and frown on the mother as she refused to do something selfless that would have brought much peace to the boy's life. She refused to explain, chat, and basically rejected him. . again. Now tell me that you expect that boy to 'grab' closure for himself, that no one can make him upset. I don't believe you'll be able to convince me, and even if the boy does regain himself, and carries on with his life, he will forever wonder about the whys. I mean, he can function, get married, have kids and live happily ever after, but he will have a part of him that wishes to be settled.

That is the essence of the topic.

Yes, we can view it from the mother's point of view, yes she may be trying to protect him from the truth, but somehow she is also passively protecting herself. Now, I know a lot of people here are not analytical to this depth, but really try and see this with me. What if refusal to give someone a decent explanation/chat/peace/closure reflects back on the person's inability to confront their decisions in life.

Basically, if you are going to break up with me, don't think you can just get away with shattering my heart, the least you can do is to explain why. And as someone has mentioned above, though I agree I cannot take something that someone doesn't want to give, but we always forget to apply this to forcing your spouse to tell you the truth about his sexual past, or forcing your spouse to confront you about their cheating ways. I have noticed that we tend to twist things a lot, yes some people are against my opinion of requiring closure, and maybe I would be better off if I felt that I didn't need it too.

But I will tell you, a lot of people will benefit from knowing what happened. The day I sit down and talk to my ex, and I am not shouting at him and he is not pleeing with me, but instead we are having a matured conversation about where we went wrong in the relationship, what we learnt/should have learnt from it and such, that day will bring a sense of relief that no other self-empowering thing can do. Call me insecure or whatever, but I am just being honest and frank.

I am sure that we employ all these confidence regaining, self-image rectifying tactics to try and undo the damage done by the other people in the first place. It is like using 'low-calorie sugar' in our tea, it's a substitute but they both >kind of< do the same thing, except I believe that the initial ordinary table sugar, should be the key, the natural way, it tastes better anyways (similarly to my belief that if your ex tells you the deal, the peace of mind from it is not the same peace of mind as from the whole 'new hobby', 'new replacement boyfriend', or 'girl power attitude' that is used to gain closure and move on from a breakup, as we are merely masking that gap that still needs filling up). We are only using the 'low-calorie sugar' because we know and admit that our tea needs sugar but we know we can't have the ordinary sugar. The substitute doesn't quite taste the same but it gives a similar effect.

I am not sure if I'm making my point clear. My life is not and will not be on hold, and it hasn't be for the last half a year, all that I can really admit to is maybe some stored anger towards him, and that is what I need closure from. Of course I know that Sisi Jinx and iice probably believe that I cry about my ex every night or that if I could I would be calling my ex everyday, but I honestly am not, even if I was that insecure, the guys I know who have seen my breakup as a chance to step up their game would re-boost my self-esteem. All I dislike is my position. I hate that because he never spoke to me to really tell me what happened, that whenever someone asks me about my ex I sound bitter, cold and distant. I would much rather say 'he's okay' - but the guy blocked me out of his life, so I can't even just make such a neutral statement. The same tension behind the mention of his name is fizzling out, but I don't believe it has because of me regaining closure for myself but instead simply because I am forgetting about him.

Thanks to everyone who made points, I look forward to reading replies smiley
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2008
iice:

Sure i will do want to know who killed her.  I will do my best to find out who killed her and have the person punished.  But doing my best and wanting does not always give me what i want - i know that.  I will be prepared if my best does not get me what i want/need and that in no account lessen the pain or anger i would feel but it will be something i will work out within myself.  I will have to come to terms with it or whither away.  A choice i must make (it would be easier to rely on someone to make that choice).

I am sorry to put a sharp halt to things, but this sounds really really unrealistic. So what you are telling us, is that instead of desperately searching for your baby forever, you would eventually come to accept that searching your best (within your justified time frame) might not bring your baby back and so your next step would be to stop and to start working on coming to terms with it.

Sorry but I just don't believe that, ok, maybe I can be convinced to believe that that is what you, iice, would do, but the average person I believe does not think like that.

Why are the parents of Madeleine still searching for her, if they know that it does not change the pain.

I actually believe that in the scenario that H202 gave, that it is even more difficult to come to terms with what has happened, as compared to the love stories and relationships we have discussed previously. I am not saying you're a bad person, but it sounds awfully selfish to direct the situation from your lost baby to instead yourself, and your coping with the pain.

Yes, we have to be selfish in life, but for a little child, who else will put that baby first.

I think the analogy has got me worked up, and it probably wasn't a fair one to explain closure.

For me, I know if someone stole my baby, nothing will make me stop looking for her, nothing, I believe at worst it would become a routine thing. Psychiatrists would probably try and advice you to cope with the pain of losing the baby, but I am sure that if I was to be the one to start voicing this out, I would become a very synical and pesimistic person. Imagine if the McCanns (Madeline's parents) broadcasted that after a year they were going to stop searching for her, because they wanted to make time to get over her loss, people would be stunned.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by SisiJinx: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2008
bluespice:

i know IIce has summed up this topic beauuutifully
but ive just gotta ask
why are people so obsessed with the Thoughts of closure than the actual closure if its even possible
i mean okay he broke up with u
after cheating
isnt it so damn obvious?
why kill urslef asking him why he did and then kill yourself all over again when he tells u he was done with the relationship?
okay extreme case scenario but seriously why?

Exactly!!

My thing why does closure have to be sitting down together and talking about the reasons for the breakup? I just don't get this. . . maybe like Acid said, we are not using the word closure in the right sense of the word.

It's awkward enough seeing someone you've broken up with, let alone having them sit down and tell you why they broke up with you. There is even a masochistic undertone to is all. I mean seriously, how is this supposed to play out?

You meet a a coffee shop and in the middle of ordering scones and tea, you get to hear how awful your cooking was?

The waiter comes with you tea but no sugar so you tell him you need sugar just as the ex tells you how your neediness drove him nuts.

You order another cup of tea and Ex boyfriend tells you he felt that he could never satisfy your wants.

. . . . is this closure?! Is it? Is it?

Isn't the actual BREAKUP CLOSURE IN ITSELF??!!!!   

Being hurt after a breakup is perfectly human. . . . but let's do away with the illusion that finding out what lead to the breakup will reduce the pain.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sisikill, you and your comrades type too muchhhhhhh. . . . grin
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Exactly!!

My thing why does closure have to be sitting down together and talking about the reasons for the breakup? I just don't get this. . . maybe like Acid said, we are not using the word closure in the right sense of the word.

It's awkward enough seeing someone you've broken up with, let alone having them sit down and tell you why they broke up with you. There is even a masochistic undertone to is all. I mean seriously, how is this supposed to play out?

You meet a a coffee shop and in the middle of ordering scones and tea, you get to hear how awful your cooking was?

The waiter comes with you tea but no sugar so you tell him you need sugar just as the ex tells you how your neediness drove him nuts.

You order another cup of tea and Ex boyfriend tells you he felt that he could never satisfy your wants.

Being hurt after a breakup is perfectly human. . . . but let's do away with the illusion that finding out what lead to the breakup will reduce the pain.

Maybe we're talking about different types of relationships, because I can tell you 100% that the least of the issues in my past relationships is whether 'she or he could cook' or not. It's deeper things, things like maybe he has always had problems trusting people, or the fact that I never complain and therefore am being dishonest, those are just a few examples, but some things are deeper than that, and it's all about constructive criticism, nobody's perfect, and I really don't believe I will take it personally if he gives me what I've been wanting, I mean it'll be my fault if I hear what I don't like. Also, if we're going to start talking about awkwardness then I really doubt the person was too immature to be in a relationship in the first place. There are some nasty things that have to be done, what's this rubbish about never speaking to an ex EVER again, are we not adults? Someone passed through your life and because of awkwardness you avoid them and speaking to them.

We might just have to settle that everyone's different.

I would hate to have an ex who didn't understand the importance of closure to me.

P.s. about the neediness - I would actually appreciate to hear that I have a habit of being very needy. Ok, maybe the next guy might not be bothered about that, but I'll get a chance to reassess myself.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by iice(f): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
Glad you noticed that it maybe what[b] i [/b]will do.  I am not most people.
I said i would do my best, but if my best does not give me what i want, i cannot make it give me what i want.  
The pain will never go away, it is something i am prepared for.  Thankfully i am not the McCanns.  I don't put much stock on what people think about me, if i were to give up the search it doesn't mean i am over the pain.  It doesn't mean i have to keep pushing till something breaks just to prove that i am a good mother or that i would only be 'justified' to the public because i keep pushing.  It's not about redirecting pain.  It's about survival - that's the half the battle. Survive the trauma first then think about surviving the pain and loss, then start surviving day to day and memories. What is not seen by others is usually more painful to grasp.  How we do our internal battles just varies. So if nothing i do brings back the person? What next to do? More pushing? More prodding? The withering or coming to terms with it, are choices.  If there are other choices, all the better.

I don't think you cry at night Topup.  I know you have gotten over the immediate pain of the break up.  The effect of the break up in the long term i don't know.

Sisi Jinx:

Exacto kiss kiss
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
iice:

I don't think you cry at night Topup.  I know you have gotten over the immediate pain of the break up.  The effect of the break up in the long term i don't know.

If only I knew what the effect of the breakup was.

I think what's not allowing me to get closure for myself might even be this forum, lol, this is where I ramble about my silliest, deepest and craziest ideas and thoughts, outside this forum he is the last thing on my mind. I came online immediately after the breakup and a lot of people pointed the fingers at me 'you must have done something', then during my holidays I realised that it was not my fault, but then I got into the stage of wanting him to be sorry and apologetic to me, and he was the complete opposite, even taking it to the extreme of 'ignoring emails I wrote that made it clear that I wasn't angry at him and was past it', now I think that ignorance was what tipped things over the edge and made me angry again.

It's like when someone rejects the first apology, though it 'cost' you a lot to apologise, you have to forsake your own hurt feelings to do it.

Imagine if I slapped you, and we barely spoke afterwards despite being so close before, then you forgave me, but I couldn't care less, because simply, I didn't care about the fact that slapping hurt you. I'm sure you'd be a little angry about that.

Life is not fair, I know that.

Peace.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
topup:

The ol' "Bricks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." - you try that and get back to me on how that works out for ya!

Let me give you an example; "A boy who's mother abandoned him, and on his 18th birthday his foster parents tracked her down for him.' Upon knocking on her door to greet her, not to try and force his way back into her life, but to forgive her, to patch things up, to understand what happened, to gain closure, she opened the door and after he explained thoroughly, she explains how she is aware that he wanted to see her, but then tells him that she wants nothing to do with him, she has a new life now, and she closes the door on him."

Of course, we are much more sympathetic towards someone in such a situation, we support the boy and frown on the mother as she refused to do something selfless that would have brought much peace to the boy's life. She refused to explain, chat, and basically rejected him. . again. Now tell me that you expect that boy to 'grab' closure for himself, that no one can make him upset. I don't believe you'll be able to convince me, and even if the boy does regain himself, and carries on with his life, he will forever wonder about the whys. I mean, he can function, get married, have kids and live happily ever after, but he will have a part of him that wishes to be settled.

That is the essence of the topic.

Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by SisiJinx: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

Sisikill, you and your comrades type too muchhhhhhh. . . . grin
Lmoa! Renny ki lo tun ti se?

topup:

Maybe we're talking about different types of relationships, because I can tell you 100% that the least of the issues in my past relationships is whether 'she or he could cook' or not. It's deeper things, things like maybe he has always had problems trusting people, or the fact that I never complain and therefore am being dishonest, those are just a few examples, but some things are deeper than that, and it's all about constructive criticism, nobody's perfect, and I really don't believe I will take it personally if he gives me what I've been wanting, I mean it'll be my fault if I hear what I don't like. Also, if we're going to start talking about awkwardness then I really doubt the person was too immature to be in a relationship in the first place. There are some nasty things that have to be done, what's this rubbish about never speaking to an ex EVER again, are we not adults? Someone passed through your life and because of awkwardness you avoid them and speaking to them.

We might just have to settle that everyone's different.

I would hate to have an ex who didn't understand the importance of closure to me.

P.s. about the neediness - I would actually appreciate to hear that I have a habit of being very needy. Ok, maybe the next guy might not be bothered about that, but I'll get a chance to reassess myself.

You are taking me way too literally, I was being facetious and bringing things down to the basics. Obviously the reasons for the break will be deeper and more complex than the ones i listed above but your response to what I wrote does bring up an interesting thing.

So here you are sayingwell your relationship was way deeper than that because that's what YOU think and what YOU got out of it because he went a long way to give you that impression but what if the reasons I playfully suggested are the real reason for him breaking up with you?

You were expecting something more complex and he says nah. . . it just your cooking and your neediness and you never being satisfied? What then? Will you get your closure with that despite the reasons not meeting your expectations or will you hound him for reasons which makes sense to you. . . which will now give him a legitimate reason to say "That girl. . . .errr. . . cuckoo! Jeez!"

Do understand why some of us keep saying one can't rely on the reasons the other person gives for closure?
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by iice(f): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2008
If wishes were horses.  .  . undecided
Being settled comes in whatever form we choose to accept.

I don tire write grin.  .  .am off to watch something, but goodluck on the closure thing.

Sisi Jinx:

Do understand why some of us keep saying one can't rely on the reasons the other person gives for closure?

kiss
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by SisiJinx: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2008
Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2008
Yes, I can't rely that I'll be happier after getting closure, or even if it will give me closure, you have a point there, but I am just trying to understand why wanting it is such a lowly thing?

To be honest, despite this conversation, I am very sure in myself, I think maybe I have confused this topic by using personal examples.

If possible can we go back to the original topic of talking about being too quick to assume that we girls are crazy, I was merely trying to explain that some girls can really be insecure that they need to know the reasons why.

In my own case, I was way too aware of how I appeared and that prevented me from asking him for reasons, and that is why you guys on Nairaland are hearing from me. I was too proud to ask, and I didn't want to seem like the psycho ex even though it bugged me, I think maybe I was too vain thinking 'Why the hell would someone dump me' lol that is the truth everybody!

I mean I understand that closure is relative depending on what you expect to hear, what you want to hear and what you actually hear.

I guess I can see why seeking closure can be a bad idea.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by olanajim(m): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
H202,
You underestimated the power of man to take anything. What you mentioned about a woman running away with a day old baby is a very minor issue from my own personal point.

Let assume that it happen. Of course, it is a form of heartbreak.

The question I will ask myself is WHAT IS THE WORST THINK THAT CAN HAPPEN IN THAT SCENERIO? You see, if a man can think, he can absorbed the worst of life experience and still come out stronger.

Ok, she run away with my day old baby. Before I do anything. Ask myself, WHY will she do that?

Next, is she justified?

Next, WHERE will she be?

WHO could she be with?

WHAT is the worst thing that can happen?

Oh, my goodness. The worst thing that can happen IS THAT SHE KILL THE BABY for whatever reason! I can take it!

I will simply assume that the baby is killed already. Then what will you do with a killer?

Sure, it will grieve me to know that my baby is dead. That doesn't mean I must commit suicide. Only the living can tell a tale.

Once I am through with my inner drama, I can then sit down and plot my plan. How to locate the woman etc.

And if the baby is alive, your joy will know no bound. If she is dead, how many times do you think I will grieve? One!

That is to your question. This formula has always been working for me. And those who applied it. Try it, and you won't even grieve a departing partner for long!

Just plan in advance using the "what if" scenerio.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by topup: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
I'm weird, I don't mind crying, it's a form of relief. Preventing unecessary grieving. . what is unecessary grieving, it's all relative? Am I the onl one who finds trying to put up a defense and protecting myself from all the what ifs in the world, quite a lot of work, and would rather invest in learning how give my all and accept whatever comes afterwards. Not trying to predict a thing but to enter into everything with hope and with a little naivety.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by HRhotness(f): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2008
topup:

I'm weird, I don't mind crying, it's a form of relief. Preventing unecessary grieving. . what is unecessary grieving, it's all relative? Am I the onl one who finds trying to put up a defense and protecting myself from all the what ifs in the world, quite a lot of work, and would rather invest in learning how give my all and accept whatever comes afterwards. Not trying to predict a thing but to enter into everything with hope and with a little naivety.

cldnt hav said it better myself, worrying is too much stress jare. . . i'd rather risk it and give my all. . . it feels all d better when it goes right!
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2008
NNaaaaaa grin grin This thread is headed south. All these lengthy posts tongue

The actual breakup is an occurence. There are unresolved issues even after breakups. Just ask many divorced couples.

Sure it's sometimes okay to internalize your pain, but finding out what lead to the break up really does help a lot of people move on; it is not an illusion.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
olanajim:

H202,
You underestimated the power of man to take anything. What you mentioned about a woman running away with a day old baby is a very minor issue from my own personal point.

Let assume that it happen. Of course, it is a form of heartbreak.

The question I will ask myself is WHAT IS THE WORST THINK THAT CAN HAPPEN IN THAT SCENERIO? You see, if a man can think, he can absorbed the worst of life experience and still come out stronger.

Ok, she run away with my day old baby. Before I do anything. Ask myself, WHY will she do that?

Next, is she justified?

Next, WHERE will she be?

WHO could she be with?

WHAT is the worst thing that can happen?

Oh, my goodness. The worst thing that can happen IS THAT SHE KILL THE BABY for whatever reason! I can take it!

I will simply assume that the baby is killed already. Then what will you do with a killer?

Sure, it will grieve me to know that my baby is dead. That doesn't mean I must commit suicide. Only the living can tell a tale.

Once I am through with my inner drama, I can then sit down and plot my plan. How to locate the woman etc.

And if the baby is alive, your joy will know no bound. If she is dead, how many times do you think I will grieve? One!

That is to your question. This formula has always been working for me. And those who applied it. Try it, and you won't even grieve a departing partner for long!

Just plan in advance using the "what if" scenerio.
This is hogwash!
You just served up a very naive response and I attribute that to a lack of experience.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by HRhotness(f): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

closure isnt about reducing the pain, its about understanding what went wrong in order to accept what has happened.

depending on the kind of breakup, there a almost always unaswered questions. . . most espeially in scnarios where it came eas a surprise. its finding satisfaction in knowing u did ur best and even if u didnt, u'll knw where u went wrong.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by Busybody2(f): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2008
HR.hotness:

closure isnt about reducing the pain, its about understanding what went wrong in order to accept what has happened. . .

What is the point of seeking closure in order to understand what went wrong in order to accept what happened, if like Sisi Jinx rightly said that finding out what led to the breakup will not reduce the pain, which if i might add might even intensify the pain.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by H2O2: 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
speculative.
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by HRhotness(f): 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2008
Busy_body:

What is the point of seeking closure in order to understand what went wrong in order to accept what happened, if like Sisi Jinx rightly said that finding out what led to the breakup will not reduce the pain, which if i might add might even intensify the pain.

and i repeat, closure isnt about reducing the pain. . . getting to d point where u r seeking for closure means u knw its all over, closure is about moving on and not having those unanswered, whys? ifs? and whats?. some people like to knw! its just so u'll hav peace knwing nothing else cld hav been done
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by Busybody2(f): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2008
H2O2:

speculative.

Unequivocal cool
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by Busybody2(f): 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2008
HR.hotness:

and i repeat, closure isnt about reducing the pain. . . getting to d point where u r seeking for closure means u knw its all over, closure is about moving on and not having those unanswered, whys? ifs? and whats?. some people like to knw! its just so u'll hav peace knwing nothing else cld hav been done

BRB cheesy
Re: Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! by Busybody2(f): 12:22am On Dec 30, 2008
HR.hotness:

Cast your mind back to Monicaa Who could forget her tongue What's up Monicaa, Merry Christmas

When she said she requested closure, this was my response to her, there is so little you can take away or add to it, in order to tweak it to fit anyone seeking closure for their relationship.

Busy_body:

Let me guess the question you wanna ask you ex, Monica cheesy

Why do you always cheat?
What did I do to deserve this?
Why did you break up with me?
Don't you want to marry me anymore?
Why have you been avoiding my calls?
What did I do to offend you?
Why wasn't my picture in your phone?
Who's picture is that?
Whose p*ssy was that?
How long have you known the hoe?
What does she have that I don't have?
I know you told me on the phone, but once again can you please forgive me?
What can I do to make things work out?
Was I rude or disrespectful to you?
What can I do to make amends?
Monicaa  grin grin grin

Busy_body:

Peradventure you go on this talk date to get the closure you seek;

FIRST OUTCOME OF TALK DATE

If he tells you he broke up with you because you over-reacted, You know what your response would be:

-but I didn't over-react now,
-okay I promise I would not react like that again,
-please I beg you in the name of God, please forgive me,
-please give me a second chance,
-please let me make it up to you,
-please I swear I would not go through your phone again, 
-but we were planning to get married,
SECOND OUTCOME OF TALK DATE

What if he tells you it is not you, its him. What if he tells you it is not because you over-reacted, but it is because;

-because I don't love you anymore
-because I am dating someone else
-because you are crap in bed
-because you are not my type
-I only wanted to disvirgin you
-you are not educated
CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH? For your own good MOVE ON.

HrHotness, some things are just not worth pursuing, and IMHO, seeking closure is one of it, cos the guy would never tell them the truth which would clearly hurt them, unless they are sadists and masochists in nature wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Many Nigerian Girls Will Do Dis Kind Of Wedding (PIC) / How To Make Forming Pretty Girls Crazily Fall In Love With You. / When The Pussy Is Soo Good.. That The Lawd Has To Intervene (see Picture )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.