Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) (46324 Views)

Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Releases Proof To Show He Wasn't Injured In Military / Opinion Poll:was It Buhari's Body Language That Killed Alamieyeseigha? Yes Or No / Revolt Against Buhari, APC: 2 Former PDP Govs manipulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Classicalmusic: 7:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Doubleoo:

Using social media is neither safe. I have four Facebook account, 4 Google plus account, 2 twitter account, and 1 LinkedIn account. So tell me if it's not possible for me to vote more than one time with those accounts.
With different user names, right? While you're voting, a background check would be done before the results is released officially.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Michikech(m): 7:25am On Jan 30, 2015
LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY

Need a job ??

Work for 2days in a week with a WHO partner and earn between #30,000 - #150,000 monthly.

Other Benefits:
* Training and Personal development in line with the nature of our profession
* Special Bonuses
* International Travels / Trainings

Wanna be the latest MILLIONAIRE ?
Simply text RESERVE to 08039382629

NB: Open to only residents of OGUN, OYO, OSUN and LAGOS states.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by symbianDON(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2015
citizenY:

AIT and PDP wanted to conduct a big scam. The sequence is as follows... do a damaging documentary on GMB.. initiate a poll to show public disenchantment and support for GEJ. This way AIT justifies the pay packet , PDP gets the support and APC gets the flak. The polls were coming up with adverse outcomes and they scuttled the whole exercise.

POSER

What is the position of the law in all this mess NCC, Broadcasting Commission, Consumer protection council, BON ??

Marilyn Orgar?? DSs
..Ntooorr AIT don pass ya level.

grin grin grin grin grin grin you are a very bad boy grin you want to give some people heart attack
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by folahann(m): 7:47am On Jan 30, 2015
After February 14th, there will also be a report that APC hacked into people's mind from their hacking center and controlled the people to vote Buhari.
Bunch of clueless goats.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by hakanai(m): 7:54am On Jan 30, 2015
FrankC3:

You got it wrong somehow. Your python, Java and even Opera Mini are all applications, operating at the upper layer of the protocol stack. Please, take good note of that. Changing any protocol above layer 3 does not affect your IP cos IP itself operate at L3.

Secondly, if you want to place a request to a web page, like you want to vote on AIT poll, what you do is that you place a http request to the AIT destination IP address. Once you click send, from the network perspective, 2 things are important. Your destination IP address and your destination port number. Layer 4 to 7 are not important in the delivery of your web request. So again, it does not matter what application you used to place the request. MAC address cannot help AIT in filtering here because it is only useful in L2 switching and is local to the segment (if broadcast segment) and changes from hop to hop.

Finally, there are not many ways to change the source IP address (the important parameter needed for routing in the public domain). That is via Network Address Translation. Even a proxy server (which is what Opera Mini is working as here) emulates a NAT server. That means that the Opera Mini receives request from the end user and routes it to a destination request on behalf of the sender. This happens at network layer, not application layer which is where you Python exists.

If I step into an environment experiencing downtime and see that log posted there, I have enough reasons to put forward a prognosis and that will be that this server is undergoing a DDoS attack. What seem to be happening there is that a particular host is sending out torrents of request to the Poll server at milliseconds apart and the Opera Mini edge device is just load balancing the request across their server clusters. If the frequency of the request is relaxed, I expect to see more regular poll coming from a particular IP. Any network person looking at this evidence (not confirming whether it is cooked or not) will agree with me. And please, once again, Your IP address change is not an application layer issue, it is a network layer issue. The only unique thing about Opera mini in this case ( and any other browser similarly configured) is that in the proxy server settings space of the browser, the IP address of their load balancer in Iceland is input and so, it sends request there.

Solution? From network perspective, I will blacklist ALL public proxy servers out there, not just Opera Mini.

i totally agree with you in the denial of service attack. if the sheet provided is accurate log and not tampered with. because that range of hit seems uniform. unless someone was trying to over whelm the system and deny people the vote or better still crash the service.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 30, 2015
reborn1:

You are right. Check all the IP the liar op posted and the IP is even Iceland, Europe.

The Op is a known liar here and its a shame she still indulge in this kinda shit. I remember her National stadium thread to bash Fashola. Lolz
bro that the IP is from Iceland doesn't mean a dim.check urs probably Iceland too

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by ellechrystal(f): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2015
franugo:

na wa 4 una sef. Everyone knows that seun is pro gej n he has the source code 2 twerk anyway he likes so this ur 'fact' get k-leg
Yes sir, I hear u.
How u know? U dey follow seun twerk d matter ..
Ei fit b APC goons tongue. Ur own comment get Q-leg o
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by franugo(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2015
ellechrystal:
Yes sir, I hear u.
How u know? U dey follow seun twerk d matter ..
Ei fit b APC goons tongue. Ur own comment get Q-leg o

hahahoho...if u follow seun n what nairalanders say, then u go know say i lie when i say ur fact get k-leg...na f-leg e gettongue
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Naijaepic: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2015
1. One of the fundamental question is, how many static IP are available to Nigeria internet users
2. My understanding of these issues is that number of LIMITED public static IP is assigned to each ISP by NCC, hence the different users data will be route through same Public IP of their ISS to AIT survey page.

author=biafranqueen post=30231186]The recent online polls conducted by AIT, to find out how each presidential candidate will fare in the 2015 elections was hacked.The polls were going normally until there was a sharp influx of voting which suddenly crashed the site, so in the bid to fix the problem,the following was discovered.

One IP address voted 500 times for Buhari and another 13 IP different addresses voted for the same Buhari.

At the same,it should be remembered that the DSS had bursted 2 APC hacking centres in lagos and at there is an APCmedia centre in Abuja that pay online Hackers to monitor the Cyberspace.These centres should be originators of the forged statement of result and the doctored email response from Cambridge and others.

This is not the opposition we prayed for.

Click HERE to view CSV Files.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Icecream4U(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2015
naijaking1:
INEC Jega either doesn't know how sophisticated these APC hackers are, or he is in cohut with them to steal this election electronically, because he boasted that his data at INEC can never be hacked. Are you kidding us?
yes, he is right! What do you know about hacking?
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by ernieboy(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2015
LoveDecay:
Please provide the full data log. This information cannot be used to make a decision on who voted multiple times.

In response to AIT claim that a single IP voted for a particular candidate more than once, would be in my opinion 'Amatuerish'

Using the fragment of information you provided the IP 82.145.221.163 carries the hostname n11-02-08.opera-mini.net and is owned by Opera.

This should be the popular opera browser, which uses a proxy to handle request from it's users in a effort to speed up web browsing. Nigeria is currently amongst the top ten countries using Opera (opera has 240 million users worldwide)

So to claim, someone used a bot to repeatedly vote for a certain candidate is a weak claim. If you look at the image above, GEJ also received a hit from this so called bot (which in theory would not be enough to cover the tracks of a bot, if at all that was the plan)
Guy you are knowledgeable in IT issues. Don't mind all thes mofo who know nothing about IT. There are several variables used to identify web surfers and ip is just one of many. Also considering that our isp only issue dynamic ip i.e. No one gets a fixed ip it should not be surprising if several persons are allocated the same ip whithin a short period of time.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by mathskill: 9:36am On Jan 30, 2015
And they expect Buhari to attend debate organized by Ait and Nta
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 30, 2015
perculiarperson:

I won't bother watching cause its just another machination created by the APC propaganda team.

I give una the trophy sha... You guys are really good!! Only sey, una no wan take am do good tin... Na to use am bring others down una dey... 419 suppose con learn from una side...

People wey get sense don dey tire for una lie, lie... Try something else.
\

It would do your uninformed mind a truckload of good to watch it. Abi you no get data? I can offload some data to you just so you can watch it and learn the truth.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by egobetatoday: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2015
well we knew all along.

even though i'll vote for Gej i dnt go around liking anything that speaks for Gej.

when pple are jobless wat do u expect?

i am patiently waiting for the result to be declared probably by Feb 16. by then most of these accts/ monikers will be no more.

i can just imagine Buhari weeping come feb 16.

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by litaninja(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2015
LoveDecay:

Grabbing the IP, then the MAC Address would be too resource intensive , everytime some comes you need to check the IP and the MAC address and do really want to do that for a brief project - I do python , so we always thinking of the easiest way to do something with less time wastage. They could have simply drop cookies or use OpenID , facebook, twitter e.t.c and let someone else do the heavy lifting. And, at the same time adding some credibility to the polls.

Simple.
These dudes still think computing is something Nigerians haven't heard of.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by litaninja(m): 11:18am On Jan 30, 2015
Urine:

Bro, you really have a lot of time on your hands trying to educate folks that can't write a line of code about IP issues. If you're not that busy let's debug an hashmap function together, I've been on it for a while and it has been hell trying to get it to work perfectly.

Lmao. Naija people looking for free help since 1927! cheesy

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by litaninja(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2015
FrankC3:

You got it wrong somehow. Your python, Java and even Opera Mini are all applications, operating at the upper layer of the protocol stack. Please, take good note of that. Changing any protocol above layer 3 does not affect your IP cos IP itself operate at L3.

Secondly, if you want to place a request to a web page, like you want to vote on AIT poll, what you do is that you place a http request to the AIT destination IP address. Once you click send, from the network perspective, 2 things are important. Your destination IP address and your destination port number. Layer 4 to 7 are not important in the delivery of your web request. So again, it does not matter what application you used to place the request. MAC address cannot help AIT in filtering here because it is only useful in L2 switching and is local to the segment (if broadcast segment) and changes from hop to hop.

Finally, there are not many ways to change the source IP address (the important parameter needed for routing in the public domain). That is via Network Address Translation. Even a proxy server (which is what Opera Mini is working as here) emulates a NAT server. That means that the Opera Mini receives request from the end user and routes it to a destination request on behalf of the sender. This happens at network layer, not application layer which is where you Python exists.

If I step into an environment experiencing downtime and see that log posted there, I have enough reasons to put forward a prognosis and that will be that this server is undergoing a DDoS attack. What seem to be happening there is that a particular host is sending out torrents of request to the Poll server at milliseconds apart and the Opera Mini edge device is just load balancing the request across their server clusters. If the frequency of the request is relaxed, I expect to see more regular poll coming from a particular IP. Any network person looking at this evidence (not confirming whether it is cooked or not) will agree with me. And please, once again, Your IP address change is not an application layer issue, it is a network layer issue. The only unique thing about Opera mini in this case ( and any other browser similarly configured) is that in the proxy server settings space of the browser, the IP address of their load balancer in Iceland is input and so, it sends request there.

Solution? From network perspective, I will blacklist ALL public proxy servers out there, not just Opera Mini.

errr....that will effectively cut out a major number of users, both mobile and not. A lot of Nigerians use one form of public proxy or the other. The poll sampling will not be accurate.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
hahahaha
Internet protocol numbers range from 0 to 255
hahahaha.
epic fail

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by shammah1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hmmmn, APC your wuru wuru don dey too much... is that the quaraptian grandpa Buhari wants to pight? Bunch of criminals kowai...

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by biafranqueen: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
shammah1:
Hmmmn, APC your wuru wuru don dey too much... is that the quaraptian grandpa Buhari wants to pight? Bunch of criminals kowai...
Imagine that even if he is JC himself will he run the country by himself?

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by walenack(m): 7:12am On Jan 31, 2015
atlwireles:
Just read the APC pretentious IT experts, doing their best to cover up their crime. These are same crooks running yahoo yahoo in this country. What a bunch of shameless inbred criminals. Why can't you demons recognize a fraudulent voting scheme , coming here to explain what fuccking expertise? Useless Oluwole criminals most of you are.

Congratz uve just made a dumb comment and am happy for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Are Not Useless – Nigerian Army Replies The Economist / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) / FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.