Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (45283 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Bawss1(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Azo:

Na wa o. I see lots of people just rattling here likely based on their ignorance or lack of high enough IQ to remember APC has a published manifesto. How cna u say they have no drawn up plans? Do u remember GMB's nice and eloquent debate in 2011 that GEclueless didn't attend? Suffice to say GMB didn't avoid this debate due to lack of oratorical prowess but due to his well calculated thought about the impending bias posed by PDP media houses, AIT &NTA

GEJ's no-show during the last elections was very bad, disgraceful even. But how can you comfortably say that Buhari's response in that debate was nice and eloquent? Buhari answered questions poorly showed inadequate understanding of the issues facing this nation. Buhari is a poor orator, but what is even greater is that he does not have any concrete plans on how to lead this nation save for jailing and arresting people.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Jfrezzy(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Ask CNN and BBC to organise the debate and see maybe GMB won't show, we know what PDP is planning and it has failed.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bankylan: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2015
......The emergence of Buhari as APC Presidential candidate is an assault of the intelligence of Nigerian youths......The acceptance of a Professor to be his running mate is a discouragement to any one who still believes there is a better tomorrow.......We all seem to be in a state of illusion.....We appear to be under spell!

But anytime I see how ordinary female anopheles mosquitoes kill our children and pregnant women, I wonder if we will ever be able to challenge the illiterate politicians who feed on our common wealth.

Where are the GENVOICES guys that were everywhere some months back? We need a change, but what type of change are we hoping for?
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by akanbiaa(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2015
voltron:

exactly my position. go to the US and Europe. manifestos are not just promises you pull out of the air. they are professional statements of plans for governance with articulate, debatable and sustainable means of achieving them within the context of present realities on ground. abi Osinbajo thinks miracles will bring the manifesto to life and fulfil the promises.. i weep for Nigerians
does the US and Europe have monumental corruption, unemployment and insecurity as these and can any of the US/Europe leaders make statements like
Stealing is not corruption
Even if I jail people for corruption will it stop corruption
I will use technology manned by corrupt individuals to fight corruption.
Provide 2 million jobs every year for 4 years when the little that was provided in the last 6 years was shared between the top PDP members?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by uboma(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2015
bashydemy:
I hate people like you ignoring what concern the whole Nation, you try to ignore the part that says GEJ bycotted the 2011 and organize shameless debate with D banj. Now You are blaming GMB for not present at this shameless debate organise by AIT and NTA that are pro PDP and GEJ. Craze they una head...Beside how many of the candidates attend the debate?

The word in bold is really out of place here. Since you cannot argue objectively without resorting to insults, i will advise that you run off to your mama and observe how men argue reasonably. When you must have learned the ropes, engage me and i will oblige you....
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Shock which supporter? We know your handwork pdp association of fraudster and criminal, don't worry everything end next month FEBUHARI 14
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2015
akanbiaa:
does the US and Europe have monumental corruption, unemployment and insecurity as these and can any of the US/Europe leaders make statements like
Stealing is not corruption
Even if I jail people for corruption will it stop corruption
I will use technology manned by corrupt individuals to fight corruption.
Provide 2 million jobs every year for 4 years when the little that was provided in the last 6 years was shared between the top PDP members?

Bruv.. Nigeria's problem is not special, phenomenal or unique.. it has happened everywhere and there are practicable solutions.. anti-poverty solutions have brought the lower class into a formidable middle class that forms nearly 48% of the Brazilian State.. imagine 48% of Nigerians earning over $20 dollars daily -do you think we would be looking at mediocre punks like GEJ, Tinubu or Buhari for leadership.. this is what I am saying.. and I hate it when folks give excuses like is it not happening elsewhere, are we the first? it shows how blissfully ignorant we have become.. just because people are doing bad does not mean we should join them.. this is called Obasanjo buffoon reasoning

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nigerd(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nigerian be wise.. They #APC said their candidate will not participate in the debate... they want to sell black market for una...

Nigerian Shine ur eyes...

Tinubu Plan for u guys
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donem: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
This election am not supporting Jonathan, b'cos he has failed most Niger Deltans. But anybody older than 70 yrs should be contesting for paramount ruler in his village and not for president of Nig.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by somziency: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
adioolayi:
Really? I support #GMB, am not surprised!
I don't know how difficult it is for opposition to understand that my mind is made up....debate or not, certificate or not, fluent or not, once a dictator or not....I am voting #GMB...

N.B: I have PVC cheesy grin

GOODLUCK!
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
nigerianvenom:

buhari was never a Democrat and he is never one.
he has no manifesto and knows nothing about leadership.

Buhari seems very arrogant, it seems. He feels he should answer to nobody, especially the Nigerian citizen.

He still has a military mentality and does not respect or know about democracy.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by NnamdiN: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
donem:
This election am not supporting Jonathan, b'cos he has failed most Niger Deltans. But anybody older than 70 yrs should be contesting for paramount ruler in his village and not for president of Nig.
you can't fix nigeria in 4 years, give him another 4 and see if that man won't transform the niger delta. He pleased the north to enable him concentrate on the south this time around. It's not easy to fight Boko, obasanjo, tinubu, atiku, buhari and still remain sane cheesy

Gej is the man, he deserves our 100% support(forgive his tiny flaws sometimes wink)
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by sexylemo: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
PapiWata:

But, but , but zey neffa telli me say yan masti go fwa telfison and talk fwa Englis witi Jonathan.

Minini ? Me I be born to rule, andi me I no sabi fwa talki-talki fwa Englis now.

Ok, I begi you, Nongeriya, FLEASE, FLEASE, I want to rule FLEASE. Sank you werry werry much.

Choi! You are wicked o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donem: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
NnamdiN:
you can't fix nigeria in 4 years, give him another 4 and see if that man won't transform the niger delta. He pleased the north to enable him concentrate on the south this time around. It's not easy to fight Boko, obasanjo, tinubu, atiku, buhari and still remain sane cheesy

Gej is the man, he deserves our 100% support(forgive his tiny flaws sometimes wink)

Ur post got sense man, would give him a 2nd chance by voting come Febuary 14th. One luv man.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by manot: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
can he speak good English. dat is y he is running. we want to expose his flaws
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
angelsing:
You are on point but when the same set of people that will conduct the debate are on the president pay roll(NTA) and AIT with their defamation of character...Won't blame him for boycotting the debate though it wud have been nice for him to still attend

So, what you are saying is that Buhari will be unable to provide a sound defence?

Will he not also attempt to defame GEJ?

It will be live right? Questions will be the same for both right?

Honestly, Buhari is simply afraid.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Skillz02(m): 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=Mogidi post=30261398]Buhari can send one of his 150 cows to represent him, am sure most of his cows would say something more intelligent than the olodo man himself.

Hm,,,Nigerians always think they are well educated with their certs, no wonder they support a PhD holder who still thinks dat stealing is not corruption, if this is actually what qualifies u to be educated than I don't need certificate 2 be educated cos even an insane human knows that stealing is corruption

Nigerians shine ur eyes o,,,,
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Demdem:

Am sorry, I do not share ur optimism. Our democracy hasn't yet developed to that level.
Debates currently do not swing votes in Nigeria. Next month election won't be an exception.
Considering this fact, it will be foolhardy for the General to enter into the killer party's trap.

Can you or anyone else here explain this "trap", pls?
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by NnamdiN: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
donem:

Ur post got sense man, would give him a 2nd chance by voting come April 14th. One luv man.
you welcome bro. It's February o not april, no let valentine carry u Waka o wink
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donem: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
NnamdiN:
you welcome bro. It's February o not april, no let valentine carry u Waka o wink
Ah tanx man, modified. Valantine no fit o..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by callmenow: 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
ilugunboy:
I am a Buhari supporter...the decision by APC not to participate in a PDP mouth organ debate did not come to me as a surprise but rather a welcome development....

It's is the PDP supporters that want to make political capital out of it....

Cowardly Buhari and his supporters. Pressure has stacked up on Buhari and APC to an almost unsustainable level. It is interesting that Buhari has cancelled his presidential opportunity.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by callmenow: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

We were not shocked at all.

Here is Buhari debate of 2011 that Jonathan didn't show up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRhP4eRFSU

We are seeing the alarming dark side of APC, Buhari and his thugs. Spiteful, vindictive, astonishingly lacking in respect and with no thought as to the consequences.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
It is very revealing that APC and Buhari has made this debate about PDP and GEJ, rather than the Nigerian voter.

Both their supporters and those on the fence, deserve a debate of all parties/candidates asking for their votes.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by joahonsi: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
eaglechild:
Buhari has nothing to offer.

He will not be able to make a correct sentence, hence his running away from the catastrophic disgrace that would have befallen him.

We still have the bitter taste of the Channels interview in our mouths.

This is what you get when you push an illiterate to become your flag bearer.

He bails at any challenge that requires the use of intellect.

Jonathan don step up o, na NTA and AIT wan organize debate for am.
Abeg where D'banj?
Better still let's call Christiana Amanpour

You better leave the Clueless One and join the Common Sense Revolution so that Nigeria can be liberated from bad government, mediocrity and corruption
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Roum(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
its very axiomatic that dz man is d clueless one...I swear dey is no argy bargy abt it....
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by angelsing(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
londoner:

So, what you are saying is that Buhari will be unable to provide a sound defence?

It has nothing to do with sound defense, it has to do with the credibility of the organisers of the debate..If I get ur assertion correctly, it is safe to say jonathan was afraid in 2011
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Arysexy(m): 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
Salihu00:
are you normal?
[/s]

Ask ur goat father if He is normal.

Bastard ab0k1 cow!
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
londoner:

Can you or anyone else here explain this "trap", pls?

[quote author=Demdem post=30262609]NEDG releases timetable for presidential debates

JANUARY 20, 2015 BY NAN
The Nigeria Elections Debate Group on Monday in Abuja said the 2015 presidential debates would hold between January 28 and February 5.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of NEDG, Mr Sola Omole, disclosed this to newsmen after a meeting of the board, hosted by the former Chairman of Daar Communications Plc, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.
shocked

Omole said that the Directors-General of the Presidential Campaign Organisations of the 14 participating political parties would open the floor on January 28.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nedg-releases-timetable-for-presidential-debates/

A debate planned and organised by Omole of NTA inside Dokpesi bedroom can never be fair.
Dokpesi the debtor (a well-known Jonathan cocck sucker) will surely leak the questions to Jonathan.
Apc made the right call.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
londoner:

Very foolish stance.
IF GEJ will attend debate organised by Sahara reporters, New Nigerian, Daily Trust and The Nation.. Then GMB should attend that of NTA... grin
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by chukzy700: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Am not surprise to see rather I blame the concord cow who claims for change y his still unchanged.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Simplymeah: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
It is obvious dt sum of us r nt yt tired of being on top of d situatn without actn! Howeva God shud tak perfect control n giv us a leader who truly kias abt d well being of d pple

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Draws Coat Of Arms On His Body (photos) / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office / Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.