Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? (21770 Views)

I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! / See What Masturbation Does To You. / Imagine What This Guy's House Maid Does To Him.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Senjuchiha: 12:48am On Jan 31, 2015
1 dt probably leads 2 marriage wr both couples v understood each other i.e complementing both dia strenghts n weaknesses n wr dy behave like siblings 2wds each oda
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 12:53am On Jan 31, 2015
Eberex:
Taken and In a relationship, whats the difference?

Here are my explanations once again

1. Taken: when people are in relationships and unavailable, the subtle way to describe them is that they are "taken"

2. In a relationship: one who is in an emotional or having sexual affair with the opposite sex where feelings are mutual.

No 1 is a subset of No 2. The difference is found in the No 1's explanation, the emboldened part of it.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2015
Senjuchiha:
1 dt probably leads 2 marriage wr both couples v understood each other i.e complementing both dia strenghts n weaknesses n wr dy behave like siblings 2wds each oda

How do you measure the couples closeness, understanding etc?

Besides you can't use "probably" to qualify "seriousness"
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Serious Relationship means unofficial engagement.

Both parties are not engaged but feel that they are.
They are very likely to get married with or without official engagement.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 1:08am On Jan 31, 2015
kelvin100:
Serious Relationship means unofficial engagement.

Both parties are not engaged but feel that they are.
They are very likely to get married with or without official engagement.

Hmmm, good one

But is it only both individuals feel that they are likely to get married (unofficial engagement) or is there other relevant people who feel the same?
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by NemzySeries(m): 1:10am On Jan 31, 2015
to b in a serious relationship means to b serious in a relationship
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 1:13am On Jan 31, 2015
NemzySeries:
to b in a serious relationship means to b serious in a relationship

cheesy
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by kobonaire(m): 1:20am On Jan 31, 2015
I wonder which category friends with benefits falls into ?
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 1:28am On Jan 31, 2015
kobonaire:
I wonder which category friends with benefits falls into ?

Open relationship.

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by 3RNEST(m): 5:28am On Jan 31, 2015
SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP, and both party are still having affair outside...WTF angry

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by tk4rd: 5:45am On Jan 31, 2015
The thing you described as TAKEN,, is the same thing as what the ladies refer to as SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by 100Cents: 5:52am On Jan 31, 2015
One that has no certificate...
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by tdazzle: 5:57am On Jan 31, 2015
It means....unclassified- "Let's keep this going till I get married"
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by IntroVAT: 6:08am On Jan 31, 2015
3 pages and no one spotted the gbagaun "means" undecided
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2015
firstEVA:
It falls in the category or "Relationship", but we add serious to show both parties are committed to each other and would likely get married in the future, even though not officially engaged.
That to me puts it in open relationship.
I always believe that until rings are slipped into fingers, all relationships are still open

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by RedSeaKing(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2015
I'm a man. I can confess I know nothing about relationship. I enjoy eating the strawberry while its fresh.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by FredHandsome(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2015
gladpresh:
i dnt rily knw
bt ah fink its refers tu everyfin abt d reltnshp SERIOUS.
SERIOUS bleeping
SERIOUS fightz
SERIOUS CHEATING
N SERIOUS breakup :\

grin your definition of a serious relationship is quite simple and epic.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2015
tk4rd:
The thing you described as TAKEN,, is the same thing as what the ladies refer to as SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP.

That's "taken's" baptisimal name cheesy
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2015
100Cents:
One that has no certificate...

Is it the same certificate they said Buhari doesn't have? smiley
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2015
tdazzle:
It means....unclassified- "Let's keep this going till I get married"

"Unclassified" used to describe "seriousness"? shocked

Bro, reason am na
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2015
IntroVAT:

Thanks bro for your observation.

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by jnrbayano(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2015
AdeniyiA:

That to me puts it in open relationship.
I always believe that until rings are slipped into fingers, all relationships are still open

Very true cool

You really understand where I am coming from.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Princezoi(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2015
kendrick9:
meh... just passing by
*draws him back* oya talk ya own.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Rajjah(f): 8:07am On Jan 31, 2015
A serious rltnshp is a commited one dat may no doubt lead to marriage. No cheatin on each oda is allowed
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2015
There's nothing like serious relationship, its more like a qualifying word. Is there anything like serious marriage? Serious dating? Serious engagement? Fvck it. I feel its girls desperate to get married that use that word. N most often than not, it ends up not working out.

2 Likes

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 31, 2015
Rajjah:
A serious rltnshp is a commited one dat may no doubt lead to marriage. No cheatin on each oda is allowed
Story even newly wed dey cheat. Dese r ways people get deceived. Nothing like serious relationship if both parties have not the fear of God in them.

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by HizMissy(f): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

Which kind of relationship is not serious and have not yet drifted into another relationship category?
the type you get into while in 1st year

or the type you get into with someone you cant marry
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by ElziLaz(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2015
When they are in a committed relationship with no room for compromise, we can call that Serious relationship and the aim is to lead to marriage. My submission.
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by tk4rd: 8:53am On Jan 31, 2015
IntroVAT:
Now u don spot am, oya, take dis pen | go correct am.

1 Like

Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Infoay: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2015
A relationship devoid of jokes
Re: What Does To Be "In A Serious Relationship" Means? by Kingsasian(m): 10:05am On Jan 31, 2015
DesChyko:
One that would most likely lead to marriage. Hence, no room for compromise.
exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Girls Hate Condoms / How True Can This Be About Relationships? / Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.