Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires (34038 Views)

Anambra State The Billionaires State And Highest OwnersOf Private Jets In Naija / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / The Billionaires Dangote, Femi Otedola, Jim Ovia At The Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by kennethEdewor(m): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
chronique:
Pls,you mind telling me how old He was at that time? I spent my childhood in the former Bendel state before it was divided into Delta and Edo and from the much I know,the owner of Leone star drilling was a young man as at that time. He was younger than most of the big boys in Sapele as at that time. When people like Victor Odebala and Omo Gaye were making waves,I think He was just coming up then. And when I say young chap,I do not mean He's my age mate. He was young when He went into oil exploration. My parents were working in the two first banks in Sapele then and that's how I got to know most of these people. We used to go for picnic at the Sapele athletic club. Dad was a manager at the Pontu branch,while mum worked at the Boyo road branch. By the way,how old is Edirin? I'd like to know what age bracket you classed me in. grin
dude you are 100% correct,Chief Humphrey Idisi was a young man during the 80s around his late thirties and early forties (quote me anywhere),he was friends with High chief G.E Otobo who was in his late forties then,I know this because my father worked directly under the High Chief as a deputy director when he served as permanent secretary federal ministry of works & housing during the 80s,High Chief G.E Otobo was a close friend of IBB.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Emerson195: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
kennethEdewor:
dude you are 100% correct,Chief Humphrey Idisi was a young man during the 80s around his late thirties or early forties (quote me anywhere). He was friends with High chief G.E Otobo who was in his late forties then,I know this because my father worked directly under the High Chief as a deputy director when he served as permanent secretary federal ministry of works & housing during the 80s,High Chief G.E Otobo is a close friend of IBB.
Guy! you really got inside gist oh lol. High Chief's Grandfather (the family Patriarch) - HRM Ovie Ajiro Otobo was a UAC top Executive & was also a major player in Uzere's oil industry. His Father, Louis Otobo SAN, was a Justice of the Federal Court of Appeal. His Son, Kennedy Otobo, also served as Director, Finance & Accounts, Ministry of Petroleum (1994-1998). They basically amass their govt connections through Civil/public service. Chief Kennedy runs a business empire now, silent Billionaire with an obscene proportion of wealth. Otobo Family Sha! aristocratic family anyday, They are insanely connected in all circles - Govt, business, Legal, and military.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Monaco2(m): 9:17pm On May 01, 2022
chronique:
What?? African Timber and Plywood closed down? That's a big shame on the part of the government. That company used to be not just the biggest company in Delta state,but one of the biggest Nigerian companies in the 80's. Remins me of how the Edo state government allowed NIFOR(Nigerian institute for oil plam research) to close down. That was another big business in the then Bendel state. Those companies would have become multinationals today if they had handled them well. As at that time,they were already big businesses in Nigeria as a whole. A.T & P was huge then. Do you have any info on what Delta Pack and Life flour mills are now? Are they still operating? What of Eternit and ABB? Still in business or also folded up?

Firstly sir, chief humphrey idisi died in 2009 at the age of 64, he was definitely the one you knew back then n he was the founder n owner of lone star, that aside.... life flour mill is still functioning, delta park no Dey.... eternit don fold up dem don even buy the land sef, late chief oghene owns the land and his children sold it to two people according to the gist goin around town... they said ijele n that guy wey Linda ikeji born for na their two nai Dey drag d land now as na their two nai dem sell am give
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 10:10pm On May 01, 2022
Monaco2:

Firstly sir, chief humphrey idisi died in 2009 at the age of 64, he was definitely the one you knew back then n he was the founder n owner of lone star, that aside.... life flour mill is still functioning, delta park no Dey.... eternit don fold up dem don even buy the land sef, late chief oghene owns the land and his children sold it to two people according to the gist goin around town... they said ijele n that guy wey Linda ikeji born for na their two nai Dey drag d land now as na their two nai dem sell am give

Lol. This old thread... Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by ChidiKalu: 7:02pm On May 31, 2022
chinchong:
the State Coordinator, FRSC is really doing a good job in Delta state. Kudos to our Governor & the security chiefs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Ahmed Is Dead (Ex-Jigawa Speaker) / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Nigerian Governors Meet With Dangote & Bill Gates On Health Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.