Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires (34070 Views)

Anambra State The Billionaires State And Highest OwnersOf Private Jets In Naija / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / The Billionaires Dangote, Femi Otedola, Jim Ovia At The Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by TommyGs(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
Seriously,I was pissed off when the other dude said I never lived in that region,but was narrating stories told to me. It is ridiculous. Dr Efeturi of St Thomas hospital on Okpe road was my Dad's friend for God's sake. You remember how that A.T&P clock used to notify the whole town when it clocks an hour? Not forgetting that man that started Opkobrisi nursey and primary school. He used to use that bicycle they use in selling beer then,that has a carrier in front,to take his students to school. Holy child,tender kiddies and international,were the big primary schools then.

This guy is a correct Sapele guy. Merit international is one of those new private schools. Being able to mention that A T & P clock is one unique details. That alarm clock even stopped working before the closure of the company.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by M4gunners: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
vodacom:

The old coca cola bottle n the new ones are not different except packing with the same content
You misunderstanding everything here.Is not about party now. It has to do with who is coming for governorship . Trust me Okowa will not disappoint I'm sure of that.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Input(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
The legacy of late chief Humphrey Idisi lives on...

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by WillyWest: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
I won't trade words with you. I was born in Lagos and spent my childhood in Bendel. Lived in Sapele for several years before my family finally relocated to Lagos in 1997. I never lived in that region,yet Dr Efeturi,Dr Patona and Dr Salubi were our family doctors? I never lived in that region,yet I lived in Omoraka estate close to Eternit estate(which is also owned my Omoraka)? I never lived in that region,but I lived in Inikoro estate(the one with blocks of 4 flats each along otite road;the second one on the same road,had only bungalows). I never lived there,yet I know about St Malachi,Okpe grammer school,Chude girls high school,Ziks grammar school,Ajogodo nursery and primary school,etc? I never lived in that region but we used to go shop at Kigho stores along Okpe road rd? I never lived in that region but I know where Nepa staff school in Ogorode rd is? I never lived in that region but I know Tima guest house along Ugbeyiyi rd like the back of my hand? I never lived in that region yet I know my way to the naval estate and the Nepa estate at Ugbeyiyi? I never lived in that region yet I know Okonmah gardens along Sapele-Warri road and had friends living there? I never lived in that region and I know del rosca motel(the popular motel on Okpe rd)? I never lived in Delta,yet Mitchelle farm used to package yellow garri in their yellow sack with their name written on it,and we used to buy frozen chicken(full one) from Mitchelle farms?I could go on and on and on. The only exception to your claim,would be if the person I actaully used to see as the owner of Leone star drilling then,was His son and not the owner himself. I already told you where I lived and where He lived. Maybe you should dispute that. I'm not here to argue about who had more money between Odebala and Him. All I did was to point out in my write-up,the popular people who had money as at that time. And if for any reason the owner of Leone star wasn't so popular to me,then He must have lived a kind of quiet life. And like you must have noticed in my piece,I couldn't piece His name together. I knew him more by His company name.

One more thing I'd advice you on,is this: learn to be civil in a public forum and stop insulting people. You would have been able to state your point without calling me a liar. And to think that you feel I never lived in that region,is just simply ridiculous. For your information,I didn't even spend too many years in Benin/Ekpoma where I come from;I lived most of my life in Sapele.

Mehn, no body should try this guy o, confirmed Sapele guy. I spent 90% of my life in that town. All this places you have mentioned just brought back fond memories. I have to say thank you for that. Chief Humphrey Idisi's house along New Road was willed to the RCCG. I think the man died while in his 70s or maybe 80s, so maybe we should quit the arguement.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
What?? African Timber and Plywood closed down? That's a big shame on the part of the government. That company used to be not just the biggest company in Delta state,but one of the biggest Nigerian companies in the 80's. Remins me of how the Edo state government allowed NIFOR(Nigerian institute for oil plam research) to close down. That was another big business in the then Bendel state. Those companies would have become multinationals today if they had handled them well. As at that time,they were already big businesses in Nigeria as a whole. A.T & P was huge then. Do you have any info on what Delta Pack and Life flour mills are now? Are they still operating? What of Eternit and ABB? Still in business or also folded up?
TommyGs:

This guy is a correct Sapele guy. Merit international is one of those new private schools. Being able to mention that A T & P clock is one unique details. That alarm clock even stopped working before the closure of the company.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by mrprofits(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
ogorkojo:

Hope u know Delta State has got Notn to do with with Biafra. We r from the South South not South East
team Delta

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by WillyWest: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
What?? African Timber and Plywood closed down? That's a big shame on the part of the government. That company used to be not just the biggest company in Delta state,but one of the biggest Nigerian companies in the 80's. Remins me of how the Edo state government allowed NIFOR(Nigerian institute for oil plam research) to close down. That was another big business in the then Bendel state. Those companies would have become multinationals today if they had handled them well. As at that time,they were already big businesses in Nigeria as a whole. A.T & P was huge then. Do you have any info on what Delta Pack and Life flour mills are now? Are they still operating? What of Eternit and ABB? Still in business or also folded up?

Part of ATP has been bought by Seplat, Delta Pack I don't kno, Life Flour was still functional when last I visited Ogorode, Eternit is still there but has seen better days, ABB ke? maybe you left Sapele long ago. Seplat is the new kid on the block now.

Good to meet Pple from Sapele here.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Mayany(m): 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaGC:

I said they are not making any meaningful impact all they do is to pay the thugs that help them to rig election and other evil task

Who are the billionaires employing? Because I dont really understand the meaningful impact you meant.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
If the man died in the 70s or 80s,then it means it's his son that I knew as the owner of Leone star. Honestly,I miss my days in Delta. The market day at Amukpe,Jes hotel @ okirigwe,frat and jazz things by people like Emma breeze,Solonzo,Dandy,Kingsley Jolomi et al,olympia cinema,etc. Nene hospital,the big deeper life church at okpe road where we used to worship,etc. I'd like to visit that state someday. Sapele was my childhood.
WillyWest:

Mehn, no body should try this guy o, confirmed Sapele guy. I spent 90% of my life in that town. All this places you have mentioned just brought back fond memories. I have to say thank you for that. Chief Humphrey Idisi's house along New Road was willed to the RCCG. I think the man died while in his 70s or maybe 80s, so maybe we should quit the arguement.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
I left Sapele in 1997. Went there to do a job for chartered bank in 2005 and spent just one night there. Didn't have the time to go around. Never been there after that time. Is new Nigerian bank(NNB) still functioning?
WillyWest:

Part of ATP has been bought by Seplat, Delta Pack I don't kno, Life Flour was still functional when last I visited Ogorode, Eternit is still there but has seen better days, ABB ke? maybe you left Sapele long ago. Seplat is the new kid on the block now.

Good to meet Pple from Sapele here.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by WillyWest: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
I left Sapele in 1997. Went there to do a job for chartered bank in 2005 and spent just one night there. Didn't have the time to go around. Never been there after that time. Is new Nigerian bank(NNB) still functioning?

NNB, I don't even know of the bank, it's most likely defunct. Mehn I love that town. wish I cld have a good job there and reside.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Dragonking: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
Blackvampire:

Says who pls say what you knw am anioma in delta and i support biafra..nonsense

then pack ur bag and go to the east...that's where u will see Biafra..

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmm. I just love that town.
WillyWest:

NNB, I don't even know of the bank, it's most likely defunct. Mehn I love that town. which I cld have a good job there and reside.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by DaGC(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=Mayany post=30301372][/quote]

Are you saying that all Delta billionaires are politicians? undecided
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by mikolo80: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
I'm not vexed when people from that area are making it from oil, its their birth right I'm just vexed when a prostitute from yoruba will own more than one oil well why the owners languis . Biafra must take place indeed and we'd block this wells. God has equipped each tribe, to the hausas he gave Nama(cow) their leader has 150 of them, yourbas he gave.. I've forgotten, Igbos he gave oil,business intellect,strength etc so y not go to ur tents o Isreal.
no be una get the prostitute work.na still bad leadership maje una no sabi toti work .education is the missing link
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by IgrigiMercenery: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
lowgeorge:
thou art mad exceedingly how can you lump we deltas with ur parasitic ibo tribe in ur biafra agenda..... God punish you mad grasshopper

**grins** Ezekiel Aluko, who told you you're a deltan?.

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by otokx(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
I visited the ruins of Africa Timber & Plywood last week and wept. How did such a calamity befall us?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Revolva(m): 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nigerians will never leave their tribalistic mentality forever shame to all of you tribalistic....Bleep u all idiots
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
I'm not vexed when people from that area are making it from oil, its their birth right I'm just vexed when a prostitute from yoruba will own more than one oil well why the owners languis . Biafra must take place indeed and we'd block this wells. God has equipped each tribe, to the hausas he gave Nama(cow) their leader has 150 of them, yourbas he gave.. I've forgotten, Igbos he gave oil,business intellect,strength etc so y not go to ur tents o Isreal.
yorubas were given cocoa

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by BlackLeopard(m): 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
Why do we again go this round of who was given what, instead of focusing what fruit we need now and working together?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Mayany(m): 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaGC:

Are you saying that all Delta billionaires are politicians? undecided
well they might not be holding a political office but billionaires nation wide play major roles in politics and most of them get govt patronage
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by kasim155: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:

You must b very mad for dis ur statement, May God punish u ten times, with all d freedom fighter delta was crying for, where does it end, it end in d pocket of a single man n very few odas, again d multi tribalism in Delta state iss really having negative effect on dem because dey are not living as one, n so many odas So u beta watch ur tounge b4 sango will close dem for u.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
I'm still shocked to know that AT&P folded up. It was such a huge and profitable business way back that one could hardly have seen a sign of it folding up.
otokx:
I visited the ruins of Africa Timber & Plywood last week and wept. How did such a calamity befall us?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by nairaman66(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
053 should be Edo. I remember our landline at home in Delta then,was 054-41792(if I'm not mistaking). I remember how we used to pick up our panasonic phone and dial dad and mum at work and after that,we'd look up the directory,and start dialling different office numbers. Our neighbour upstairs had the old ring phone where you'd have to put one finger in no,ring it to the right,then put the finger in the next no and ring it again till you dial your complete no. For whatever it was,I found that old ringer more exciting than ours that was modern and all buttons. Memories of the good old days.

Hahaha.. That's funny though! Delta state dialing code remains 053. I stand my ground!
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
Well,that's not a problem. I'm not so perfect to remember every detail accurately.
nairaman66:

Hahaha.. That's funny though! Delta state dialing code remains 053. I stand my ground!
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by nairaman66(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2015
chronique:
Well,that's not a problem. I'm not so perfect to remember every detail accurately.

grin
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by pipz(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Mayany:

well they might not be holding a political office but billionaires nation wide play major roles in politics and most of them get govt patronage

Dr. Ibe Kachikwu is sure not a politician. His daughter got married yesterday and it was a blast at Oriental hotel in Lagos. IBB, Elemulu, Uduaghan etc all attended.

That is one sharp Delta man I know. Works very hard for his money and equally balls so hard on it
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by lozairio(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
chronique:
Good one. I remember my days in Delta. Then,rubber(latex) was the big business most young men were involved in. Majority of them would bring the raw rubber home and it used to smell badly. But that smelly stuff fetched them lots of money with which they built houses,bought several mercedes benz cars,and cruised the prettiest chicks in town. People like Victor Odebala and Apkeki,made so much money from rubber and timber business. Rubber business was so lucrative to the extent that people were being killed an assassinated over rubber jobs.

At that time,the oil industry there was still a nascent one and the few people who worked in oil companies then,worked with companies like total,mobil,elf,national,shell,agip and nnpc. Very few Deltans could go into oil exploration. I can't remember what people like Omatseye,Okonmah,Omoraka and the likes specialized on but I know there was a young chap who had an oil exploration company called Leone star drilling. He was the first person I saw driving a toyota land-cruiser jeep then. He and Akpeki lived behind my estate(Inikoro estate) along Otite road. All these were as far back as the 80's down to the early/mid-nighties. It feels good to know that the oil industry there is booming now and young lads are getting rich via oil contracts. I'm sure a good number of my childhood friends would have towed this line now. When rubber was a big business,almost every young rugged guy was into it. Now that oil is the in-thing,I expect them to follow suit.

How I miss the good old days of the Delta.
I think talking about the owner of lone star you meant chief idisi right.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by asha80(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
pipz:

Dr. Ibe Kachikwu is sure not a politician. His daughter got married yesterday and it was a blast at Oriental hotel in Lagos. IBB, Elemulu, Uduaghan etc all attended.

That is one sharp Delta man I know. Works very hard for his money and equally balls so hard on it
problem is he based in delta as the the topic tries to potray?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by ogheneovis(m): 6:51am On Sep 12, 2018
my prayer to all nigerians is Success and so shall it be in Jesus name amen. please this message goes to who is willing to help. I am a family man with 3 Kidd's I need financial help from you so that I can start something meaniful for the family to feed .please call my number if you are willing to help me 07083749778 or my First Bank Acc :ogheneovie godwin
:3083565419. so i pray for you that your pucket will never run dry in Jesus name amen.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by kennethEdewor(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2019

U b correct Sapele guy. U really knw d town
no mind that okpetu whn Wan tell d O.G where him live nd where him no live.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by kennethEdewor(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2019
Lol, you see what I said earlier, your facts are not right. Lone star drilling is owned by Late Chief Humphrey idisi and he was the one running it in the 80's. His house in Sapele is very close to the first house of Chief Barr. Obule- another oil mogul. He is the one that held some white men hostage during the Abacha regime for trying to dupe him.

After he died, a struggle ensued between his 2 sons and wife over control of lone star-the multi billion drilling company. Currently Edirin is CEO of Lone star and he also just won the pdp ticket to represent ethiope east at the Federal house of Representatives.

There are so many rich oil moguls in Delta no one knows about. Everyone knows Ayiri because he's a noise maker, he can't even cough in the presence of people like Chief Ereyitomi. Things are happening in this state.
Not forgetting the aristocratic & super wealthy Otobo family of uzere,delta state is really a home of billionaires & established families...the Okotie Ebohs,Odogwus,Dafinones,Rewanes,Edoziens,Idisis and the Ibrus of this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict / Twitter User Calls El-Rufai "A Liar". He Reacts (See Tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.