Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (886448 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by obiscapula(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mosdef cheesy
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tataiwo09(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
hello house, is der chance who one who studied urban and regional planning to be admitted into Nigeria navy through direct short service?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Physical fitness is either tomorrow or Thursday as announced by the commodore.... Also, the registration he is talking about is documentation.... For those that came early, it was done by different officials and crosschecked during interviews by the commodore.... But for those that were late, documentation and cross-checking was done by the commodore.....
Interview questions are different.... Ranging from current affairs to departmental questions... .. But the officials are jovial, friendly and nice so far....
Feeding is thrice daily... But sometimes you just have to manage whatever they cook because it may be tasteless especially rice... But raw salt is available for you to add to the food...... All in all, the camp is good.... Some hostels are fully air-conditioned... So you can imagine the enjoyment for people in those hostel eg bwaley
All in all, it has been a good experience so far

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
tataiwo09:
hello house, is der chance who one who studied urban and regional planning to be admitted into Nigeria navy through direct short service?
brother.... It is possible.... No one can say affirmly yes or no
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tataiwo09(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
juliuslongman:
brother.... It is possible.... No one can say affirmly yes or no

ok bro
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hahahahaha. Enjoy those air conditions while it lasts. Once you finally get in, nobody born you well to switch Dem on.

Nice hearing from you guys. Wish you all d best.

@mimzy, I remember you from army thread some time ago. Nice to see you still keeping up. Love y'all.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by mimzy007(f): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tenderlaw, nice one bro. Good job you are doing for peeps here, keep it up! Still on the matter, lord help us all.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by obiscapula(m): 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mimzy pofpof, buy two get one free wink
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by mimzy007(f): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2015
cheesy you ain't serious, hahaha...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2015
Physical fitness postponed till tomorrow, camp exit on Saturday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Generaloluseye: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
Any new about the race contestants.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
Generaloluseye:
Any new about the race contestants.

D race dis time is longer (about 4km) wit more time duration: 1st Box - 0-20mins, 2nd Box - 21-25mins, 3rd Box - 30mins and above
After which we did Push up, bumpy jump and sit up.... To make good point, u av to do at least 32 for all
Unfortunately, we lost a candidate.... He fainted and died after he got to d stop point.
All candidates were given 5k each and released.

Thank God for d 2 weeks
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
That's really sad about the dude that died. An ambition cut short by death.

Congratulations to the rest. Now, the ball is in the hands of your God. You've done your best. All that is left now is prayers...that God should cover your errors and amplify your efforts.

All d best. I really pray NL guys will be there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Harymis1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
@Tenderlaw, today was a sad one for some of us. We lost one of our own who did everything he could to make the first box, but died instantly. However I was screened out alongside 138 candidates. I wonder wht the criteria is for the med test. The doctor at the medical centre blatantly refused to let most of us know why we failed the test except for those with flat feet, eye problem and height. These were the only ones they told why they failed the test. I know of a guy with high BP. He was tested more than 3 times, when he was asked to come back for the fourth time, the youngman whisked away, and talked to a friend with a normal BP, who stood in for him. Ironically, at the end of the race, the guy with the high BP, came over all first. He beat the time. Some peeps who failed the med. test from some states were later called to participate in the fitness test. My BP is 135/65. Could it be the reason why I was disqualified? I'm asking because I was never called back for a re-run of my BP test like they did for some candidate. I know I dnt have HIV or Hepatitis B, because I was tested only last month when i donated blood to my wife when she gave birth. I jst took some blood tonic tabs few days to the tests. I think the Navy owe us the duty to tell us of our infirmities rather than leave us in the dark. Is this a standard medical practice? When I get home, I shall visit a hospital to do a thorough test. I don't just feel bad because of myself, but because of some two innocent guys that followed up their case to the latter,especially one Toby from Bayelsa. He was surely short changed because of the medics' errors. He was apologised to, bt already the evil deed had been meted out to him. He was tested for flat feet 4 times yesterday evening and the careless doctor confirmed him fit. I was there! But this morning he was screened out and he took the matter up, the Doc. just tendered an apology bt the youngman didnt participate in the fitness test. The guy was very furious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Generaloluseye: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Very sad that someone died. It is very unfortunate. I don't want to comment on why it happened but may the soul of the departed rest in peace. Nigerian system with all is wayo has come to play in the medicals again. Sometimes there might be only one doctor doin the test and he ll get tired after sometimes and he ll be making bad errors. It happened in Owena barracks at airforce exams in akure. To the rest that made it through, i wish you favor from God.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
To me, the commodore played safe.... All those who were not told their issues as regards medicals were screened out because of credentials... Like courses not related to the department applied for....... The doctor is just too rude and unprofessional for my likening.... Everything was just muffled up with medicals so the commodore will play to the gallery... Names were called out from printed paper (medicals) and a yellowish paper too(documentation )... If the doctor didn't tell you your case, just forget, it's documentation... Remember he said and I quote "I don't have anything to say to you, u just didn't meet up with a criteria"....... They all need to be sanctioned after claiming to have done thorough check ups, someone still died... Too bad... Sincerity pays...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 3:35am On Dec 05, 2015
Reading through the comments, some issues are now clear. Firstly, BP of 135/85 is not really hypertension. It's classified by WHO as high-normal. It might not really be a criterion for disqualification.

Secondly, I can understand why d doctors did not disclose reasons to some people. D reason is simple....there was no reason. I suspect that all those who were not given reasons were credentials issues. Last year d commodore separated credentials from medicals...and right there he started answering calls from Patience Jonathan, to allow some folks back in. He simply allowed everybody back, but kept d paper work. At d end all those people were not taken. This commodore was just being careful.

Thirdly, the doctors cannot be queried for d guy that died. His death can easily be explained. They can say he died of exhaustion, or hypoglycemia. Autopsy can explain hypoglycemia, but nothing can show you about d exhaustion. Even if certified fit, if you push yourself beyond your limit your heart will pack up. That's what happened.

Lastly, d guy that swapped with his friend for BP test has set himself up for potential disaster. During training he will be stretched to d very limits. Someone with a heart issue will likely not survive. That's d plain truth. He had better treat himself before resumption.

Sorry about all those who were dropped. Life goes on. Better opportunities abound. And much good luck to all NLers out there who'll be waiting for the final list. God dey.

All d best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2015
To all dat was disqualified, God knows best..... I'm sure d guy dat passed out if given a second chance would av choose to be disqualified.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by obiscapula(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2015
So navy look feet wey balance for ground (flat feet) NATURAL OCCURRENCE dey screen fit navy men out wen US no dey do dat one. Ok. Issorait. GodDey
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
Tenderlaw!! U hav said it all... The guy pushed himself to d limit... I myself I walked 3-4 times on d road wen i was tayad and i still made d first box. It wasnt a do or die affair. My mum said if i cant run i should just walked but i should make sure I complete it... The guy dat die was from Ondo state. We became friends thru our profession. He red ICT and i red ICT.. Going tru his certificate he was better dan me, and medically he was passed fit... So God know best.. But he really did stretch himself wen he was suppose to reduce his acceleration... Most people followed up dere medical state and there were allowed to fo the physical Exercise... Now the list will moved back to Navy Headquarter.. Only Prayers remain for most of us...
Finally..
The list will be arrange by order of Merit of Qualifications and State thru the point accumulated in camp. Wish myself and all of u all d best.... Safe...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiefmidwife: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
All my papers are correct with the same age with that of my declaration
I smell side work bc am sure am a leading candidate from my state
They needed nurses and am the only nurse from my state and hv 3 qualifications
Only for me to be told that am disqualified and the doctor said he has nothing to tell me that I should take it in good fate
I did the same test where I got appointment letter a week b4 this interview and everything was normal
The physical fitness they did cannot be compared to 90minutes am in pitch running for ball
But that's Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiefmidwife: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
juliuslongman:
To me, the commodore played safe.... All those who were not told their issues as regards medicals were screened out because of credentials... Like courses not related to the department applied for....... The doctor is just too rude and unprofessional for my likening.... Everything was just muffled up with medicals so the commodore will play to the gallery... Names were called out from printed paper (medicals) and a yellowish paper too(documentation )... If the doctor didn't tell you your case, just forget, it's documentation... Remember he said and I quote "I don't have anything to say to you, u just didn't meet up with a criteria"....... They all need to be sanctioned after claiming to have done thorough check ups, someone still died... Too bad... Sincerity pays...
Guy all my documents are intact and age appropriate and I hv no medical issue
I did the same test week b4 and I saw the result by myself and everything was good
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by BabatundeGPD(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2015
moneta:
Tenderlaw....I sent u message but u have not replied me on this forum...I asked if I.65 for a male is okay...because I made the list and on my way to onne and also if declaration of age is acceptable even when ur real age is showin on ur waec certificate.
please did u indicate 1.65 for ur height during ur application
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2015
chiefmidwife:

Guy all my documents are intact and age appropriate and I hv no medical issue
I did the same test week b4 and I saw the result by myself and everything was good
Ya problem should be maybe cos u reported late... Or ya age issue...declaration of age done recently is also a problem cos they see it as fowl play..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
pijay:

Ya problem should be maybe cos u reported late... Or ya age issue...declaration of age done recently is also a problem cos they see it as fowl play..

You've said it all. Any recent age declaration like d last 5years is open to suspicion. Secondly your resumption time might count.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
Wiztonero:
I think it is unfair to pronounce people below 1.70m medically unfit to partake in the race. Height has no effect on medical fitness. But no wahala. There is God, and His word stands sure and firmer than the foundations of the earth.

But d criteria were spelt out on d application page Na.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
12 days at Onne!!! I pray I have a testimony to share in January by God's grace. RIP to the bro who died, it was a very sad one. The medical screening was the most tensed period through out the exercise. As my state was mentioned, I just kept praying cos I saw guys who were more fit being called out. 3 names were called out from my state, 2 of dem(guys) were screened out cos of height, they were both 1.68m. For the third person(a female), I don't know why she was screened.
Again, during the medical exercise, I think most of us undermined the 'Clinical Psychology' and I think some people were screened out cos of dat. One of my roommates who was screened out via medicals told me he felt clinical psychology was the problem because he didn't perform well, and even the lady had to ask him if he had experienced any mental problem in the past or if his family had a trace of mental problem. I really sympathize with my fellow candidates who were screened out via medicals, it's really difficult to bear looking at the stress one had passed through thru out the whole process, including travelling from different places down to Onne, but like Commodore Efedue wud say: 'it's not the end and probably there could be better place waiting for u instead of the navy'. It's difficult but pls pick the positives u got from Onne, and move on. I nearly cried when people were called out for medicals, very emotional moment really.
Going forward, I enjoyed the running, made the first cage, came back in about 18mins and a few seconds. The timing for the first cage was 20mins though. At least I got in, that was the most important. I enjoyed my press-ups, I did 40 press-ups and I was given an 'Excellent' cos the criteria for getting an excellent in press-ups was 32. The burpee was quite easy too cos am light(63kg) and sit-up was excellent, I did the burpee and sit-up continuously until the PT instructor told me to stop. I sacrificed my body just for that day, I got excellent in all the exercises, I saw it being written down live. All my body still dey pain me till today.
All I ask for is the Mercy of God, that unmerited favour is all I need. In all, I had a good exercise. Thank God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Wiztonero:

You are correct sir. But I have seen naval officers who are shorter than many of those screened out on the grounds of height.
U hv seen.. Yes we hav seen like the former Chief of Naval staff but u don't know wu backed them... And u didnt follow up on ya height issue well... Some1 from my state got 1.68 and followed it up and was clear...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiefmidwife: 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
tenderlaw:

You've said it all. Any recent age declaration like d last 5years is open to suspicion. Secondly your resumption time might count.
Yes my age declaration is in 2015 bt my waec certificate is since 2007 and I know A lady that came on monday and was nt disqualified
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
chiefmidwife:

Yes my age declaration is in 2015 bt my waec certificate is since 2007 and I know A lady that came on monday and was nt disqualified
I feel wen age declaration was done is not a criteria for disqualification except if d person in question looks older dan d age declared.
I declared my age 6days to d opening of d camp and I was nt disqualified though my primary school certificate bears d same date.
If at d panel ur age was questioned, dat means something is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.