Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (886497 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
chiefmidwife:

Yes my age declaration is in 2015 bt my waec certificate is since 2007 and I know A lady that came on monday and was nt disqualified

That declaration is obviously d cause of your problem. Others that crossed with d same issue must have had big godfathers.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Harymis1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Tenderlaw, thanks for giving me hope again for ur statement. I followed up with some of the test at Onne, except for the blood and urine tests.I thought I had mysteriously contracted the much dreaded HIV or Hepatitis B/C. I suffered some trauma not because I got screened out, bt because I thought of what my family would be like if I were truly ill. I mean... what would I have told my wife? Thanks to God, I ran series of test yesterday which came out clean. The navy should have done better rather than toil with peoples' lives by pronouncing some candidates not fit when nothing is actually wrong with them beside their documentation. I know better now. I got screened out because i have 2.2 instead of the advertised 2.1

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 2:05am On Dec 10, 2015
Harymis1:
@Tenderlaw, thanks for giving me hope again for ur statement. I followed up with some of the test at Onne, except for the blood and urine tests.I thought I had mysteriously contracted the much dreaded HIV or Hepatitis B/C. I suffered some trauma not because I got screened out, bt because I thought of what my family would be like if I were truly ill. I mean... what would I have told my wife? Thanks to God, I ran series of test yesterday which came out clean. The navy should have done better rather than toil with peoples' lives by pronouncing some candidates not fit when nothing is actually wrong with them beside their documentation. I know better now. I got screened out because i have 2.2 instead of the advertised 2.1
Did u check ya height, did u check ya legs(flat foot).. Did u run test for protein in d urine? Etc.. This tins can disqualify u too
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 10, 2015
pijay:

Did u check ya height, did u check ya legs(flat foot).. Did u run test for protein in d urine? Etc.. This tins can disqualify u too
forget about protein or carbohydrate palava.. If it were to be any of those, he would have been told.. All those with flat foot, height, eye sight etc were told.... It's simple... Documentation criteria fell peeps out.... The doctor checks his list, if your name is not there, he only says "I don't have anything to tell you, you just didn't meet a criteria and I can't explain further"
Make una no kill yourself thinking you are ill ooo....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 10, 2015
Harymis1:
don't mind them, it was high level of unprofessional ethics for the doctor to be used as a means of documentation disqualification.... They should have called it in two groups.... I can imagine the disorderliness in few people especially when told I have nothing to tell you.....
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Harymis1(m): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2015
Pijay, the Navy says the minimum height for male is 1.70m and I'm 1.72m. Like the jentleman said all those with the problems u highlighted were told. Last wk Wednesday, we were mustered say around 5p.m and abt 15 candidates were ordered to go to the medical centre again, according to the Commodore 'they wanted to get somethings right, and that they wanted to give everybody an equal opportunity,' and on Thursday, now, the Doctor came, called abt 20 candidates with supposed flat feet. He got a bucket of water and started testing them for flat foot. Many of us weren't called for all this drama. There was this girl with glaring flat feet, bt becos of her 'backbone' she participated in the fitness test. She was the only candidate called on Thursday who participated in the fitness test. For me, this is double standard! And then, on the d-day 138 candidates were declared unfit with a vast majority told by the rude doctor who also can neither see very well without his recommended glasses: 'I dnt have anything to tell u...The Navy gave us a guideline on what to do and some of u just didn't meet a criteria (criterion).'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2015
Harymis1:
Pijay, the Navy says the minimum height for male is 1.70m and I'm 1.72m. Like the jentleman said all those with the problems u highlighted were told. Last wk Wednesday, we were mustered say around 5p.m and abt 15 candidates were ordered to go to the medical centre again, according to the Commodore 'they wanted to get somethings right, and that they wanted to give everybody an equal opportunity,' and on Thursday, now, the Doctor came, called abt 20 candidates with supposed flat feet. He got a bucket of water and started testing them for flat foot. Many of us weren't called for all this drama. There was this girl with glaring flat feet, bt becos of her 'backbone' she participated in the fitness test. She was the only candidate called on Thursday who participated in the fitness test. For me, this is double standard! And then, on the d-day 138 candidates were declared unfit with a vast majority told by the rude doctor who also can neither see very well without his recommended glasses: 'I dnt have anything to tell u...The Navy gave us a guideline on what to do and some of u just didn't meet a criteria (criterion).'
By Criteria we are saying both Medicals and Credentials. Well they did it d wrong way...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ej4sub: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2015
Good morning, pls what's the latest about the final result?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ej4sub: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2015
Hello house, when should we expect the final list please
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
ej4sub:

Oga calm your nerves..... We were told in d camp dat d list shud b out by January..... Keep the faith alive, dats all
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
ej4sub:
Oga calm down... Middle of January or Ending of January d names should be out..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
ej4sub:
lol..... Chill na.... Many will be surprised with the list.... Just hope for the best..... Success to all.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by elemhusny(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
they said training will start by January...so it is safe to assume d list will be out anytime frm now.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiefmidwife: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
tenderlaw:

That declaration is obviously d cause of your problem. Others that crossed with d same issue must have had big godfathers.
Ok..thanks
You are right bc some of them questioned my age declaration

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ej4sub: 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
owk, dear wishing you all merry Christmas in advance I keep waiting for the list.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Eclement(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2015
I think I need someone to better explain the direct short service for me.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:16am On Dec 23, 2015
Eclement:
I think I need someone to better explain the direct short service for me.
Bro, just try to read thru from the first page of this thread. It will help, seriously. I did the same on dssc 22 thread before I purchased the form for dssc 23 this year. Just go thru it, there are lots of answered questions including the ones I asked. Thanks to Oga @pijay and Oga @Tenderlaw for their selfless contributions. U can even follow them. I wish U the best as u apply for dssc 24.
Finally, I want to wish every dssc 23 applicant here success in the just concluded interview. God will see us thru this struggle and put smiles on our faces by 2016. We will meet at #Onne by God's grace. Oga @Pijay I saw U at Onne during the interview and I hope to see U again by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 5:54am On Dec 24, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

Bro, just try to read thru from the first page of this thread. It will help, seriously. I did the same on dssc 22 thread before I purchased the form for dssc 23 this year. Just go thru it, there are lots of answered questions including the ones I asked. Thanks to Oga @pijay and Oga @Tenderlaw for their selfless contributions. U can even follow them. I wish U the best as u apply for dssc 24.
Finally, I want to wish every dssc 23 applicant here success in the just concluded interview. God will see us thru this struggle and put smiles on our faces by 2016. We will meet at #Onne by God's grace. Oga @Pijay I saw U at Onne during the interview and I hope to see U again by God's grace.
One love... By God Grace we shall surely meet again.. Prayers at dis point will help much... God help us

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Eclement(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2015
Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
pijay:

One love... By God Grace we shall surely meet again.. Prayers at dis point will help much... God help us
Tanks Boss, Amen... God will see us through.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
Merry Christmas everybody!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
For some people here, this is d last Christmas before they are commissioned as officers. Savour this moment.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by odimbannamdi(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2015
tenderlaw:
For some people here, this is d last Christmas before they are commissioned as officers. Savour this moment.

i love this statement
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
tenderlaw:

Amen, God Bless U Sir. Have a wonderful Xmas celebration.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by shollytak(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Happy new year inadvance
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Latest.... Finally.. Get Ready....
http://www.navy.mil.ng/General-News/90.news#.VoI6T-TaLCS
Successful Candidate for DSSC Twenty Two..
Na DSSC 22 ooh... Happy New Year in Advance mate..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2015
tenderlaw:
As commision officers no christmas for officers Tender-Law?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Spaco001(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
pijay:
Latest.... Finally.. Get Ready....
http://www.navy.mil.ng/General-News/90.news#.VoI6T-TaLCS
Successful Candidate for DSSC Twenty Two..
Na DSSC 22 ooh... Happy New Year in Advance mate..

Pijay .......if I catch u ehn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Please, which one is national dress?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Spaco001(m): 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
bwaley:
Please, which one is national dress?

The list is not out yet... National dresses are kaftan, Igbo dress, Yoruba dress and others
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
pijay:

As commision officers no christmas for officers Tender-Law?

As a personnel, you don't just proceed on break when FG declares public holiday. Rather you pray that CNS releases a signal permitting d holiday. If no signal, then phuck it...you must come to work. But relax...there's usually a signal. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by moneta(f): 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tenderlaw..pls reply me..I was at onne and I did the board interview and passed the medicals ..but during the interview I impressed the panel wen I answered questions on my area of concentration but one dark captain didnt like dat..He checked by waec and discovered my age even though I had a new court declaration of age ..dnt knw wat my fate can be.Although all went smoothly and even the commodore was impressed until wen the age on my waec was found out..

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.