Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (884864 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 12:17am On Dec 30, 2015
moneta:
Tenderlaw..pls reply me..I was at onne and I did the board interview and passed the medicals ..but during the interview I impressed the panel wen I answered questions on my area of concentration but one dark captain didnt like dat..He checked by waec and discovered my age even though I had a new court declaration of age ..dnt knw wat my fate can be.Although all went smoothly and even the commodore was impressed until wen the age on my waec was found out..

If discrepancies were noted on your age declaration, too bad. I'd love to encourage you but I can't. Just pray.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2015
moneta:
Tenderlaw..pls reply me..I was at onne and I did the board interview and passed the medicals ..but during the interview I impressed the panel wen I answered questions on my area of concentration but one dark captain didnt like dat..He checked by waec and discovered my age even though I had a new court declaration of age ..dnt knw wat my fate can be.Although all went smoothly and even the commodore was impressed until wen the age on my waec was found out..
In this case i dont wanna say u are out! Cos who God has bless no man can cause... They might consider u or they will just put Argument on ya file. Meaning its arguable...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Spaco001:

Pijay .......if I catch u ehn
Hahaha.. No catch me yet ooh... We go catch up for Onne by God Grace.... God help us all

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2015
tenderlaw:

As a personnel, you don't just proceed on break when FG declares public holiday. Rather you pray that CNS releases a signal permitting d holiday. If no signal, then phuck it...you must come to work. But relax...there's usually a signal. grin grin grin
Owk.. Sigh. Relieve... Thanks Man..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Spaco001(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
pijay:

Hahaha.. No catch me yet ooh... We go catch up for Onne by God Grace.... God help us all

Hahaha.. Amen
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 1:04am On Jan 01, 2016
This year will be one of testimonies , our names will come out in the final list by the Grace of God. Just to wish Us all here a Happy New Year and Congratulations in advance.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wiztonero nice post but sorry the marine corp u stated above hv similar duty wit d Nigerian Navy.. They patrol d season and engage pirate and militant... I dont think there is need to creat another force wen we hv 4 arm forces already(Army, Navy, Airforce and Police) then Paramilitary force like Custom, Immigration, Civil Defense and the upcoming Peace Corp.. I think the Nigerian Navy should increase in-take per year and it will solve d marine corp corp problem... Datz y we hv maritime academy bro... No offense just my opinion..
Wiztonero:
Happy new year. Meanwhile, I would love to know what you think about this.
NIGERIAN MARINES
The creation of a Marine Corps in Nigeria is long overdue. Since Operation Tiger-Claw in 1967, it has become clear that the country needs to maintain a standing force of troops trained to serve at sea and on land. There are numerous reasons for the establishment of such a body, but I shall state just the most important ones. 

First and foremost, the establishment of a Nigerian Marine Corps the same size as the present Army will create no less than100 000 jobs for the teeming population of unemployed youths fit for military service. 
Furthermore, the Marines would improve our overall National Security, as they would serve side by side with the other arms of the military in the fight against the insurgency in the North East, and terrorism in the country. Our coastline and territorial waters would also be more secure, as the efforts of the Navy in combating piracy in the region would be bolstered by the Marine Corps. 
In addition, the creation of a Marine Corps would induce an unprecedented expansion and sophistication of of the Navy, as both of these arms of the military would work together in close cooperation in the discharge of their duties. Professionalism in the military would thus be raised. 
Finally, the Nigerian Marines would reassert Nigeria's position as a regional power, international mediator and peacekeeper, and increase her prestige in the international community. This may win for her Africa's permanent seat in the UN Security Council. I therefore advocate for the creation of a Nigerian Marine Corps with its own command structure and distinct uniform, consisting of battle-ready soldiers for service on land and at sea. 
God bless Nigeria.
www.wiztonero..com/2015/02/nigerian-marines.html

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Sorry pjay. For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerian Police is NOT armed forces. Armed forces refers to Army, Navy and Air Force. That is why there is no rank equivalent between military and police. Let's get that right please.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thank you for your opinion, Pjay. Like Oga Tenderlaw said, the Police is not part of the Armed Forces. I just feel that Nigeria, as Africa's giant (and with such an extensive coastline), is entitled to not just a Navy, but a Marine Corps. (Marines are soldiers trained to serve at sea and on land).
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chokovirus: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
have u heard of Nigerian Army Amphibious Brigade? they are made up of soldiers that can serve on land and also on the sea too.
Wiztonero:
Thank you for your opinion, Pjay. Like Oga Tenderlaw said, the Police is not part of the Armed Forces. I just feel that Nigeria, as Africa's giant (and with such an extensive coastline), is entitled to not just a Navy, but a Marine Corps. (Marines are soldiers trained to serve at sea and on land).
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ideatoprince18(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
tenderlaw:

If discrepancies were noted on your age declaration, too bad. I'd love to encourage you but I can't. Just pray.
....please sir when is naval recruit form coming out
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
Tenderlaw yeah... I didnt put d point well. I know Police is not part of the arm force. Thank for the correction... I was trying to say is dat, we hav enof Force already if u add d Police to it... The Navy Cover d sea, the Airforce cover d air and the Army cover d land.. Wat do we need d Marine corp for? Dont foget ww hv JTF again. Meaning all force can still fight on land, sea and air...
tenderlaw:
Sorry pjay. For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerian Police is NOT armed forces. Armed forces refers to Army, Navy and Air Force. That is why there is no rank equivalent between military and police. Let's get that right please.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
ideatoprince18:
....please sir when is naval recruit form coming out
The Navy trainee(ND and SSCE holdera) will recruit this year maybe May or June but the DSSC 24 will be till 2017. I dont think they will recruit this year. Put ears on ground cos surely Airforce and Army DSSC form will b on sale soon this year... But Navy im not sure.. Until DSSC 23 pass out..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wiztonero:
The main purpose of the Navy is to guard activities on the sea but they can fight on land too.. Instead of the marine corp, the Navy should be increase to accommodate more people. No disrespect to ya opinion but the Navy is to d water as the Airforce is to d air and Army to d land. Dont forget we have the Marine Police again to guard our coasta line... The marine police are specially trained for the sea and we hv Amphibious Army for the sea too... Datz much u know..

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Harymis1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
But while at Onne, a Lt. Commander acknowledged the need for us to have a sub-marine in the future. I think they are usually drawn from the marine corp. They're are specially trained. Most advanced nations have it and don't think it will be a bad idea if we do too, being the 'the Giant of Africa.' The Lt.commander told us a story of how American Sub-marines invaded our sea for months. Our navy got to know much later which is dangerous for security on the sea. And when our government queried, the Americans claimed they didn't mean any harm. We could be attacked by sub-marines without us even realising it. If we had the sub-marines, they could have stopped these guys. Just like we have the special forces now-You can't compare them with ordinary soldiers in weapon handling. They are the most dreaded men in the fight against insurgency. I don't think we had them in the 70s and 80s. The world is changing fast, so is tactics of war!

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
I think Harymis1 is totally mixing up the words marines and submarine.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
am studying fine and applied art currently in the university will it be possible for me to join the navy when i graduate
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
tenderlaw:
I think Harymis1 is totally mixing up the words marines and submarine.

obviously, he is
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2016
nokiaba3:
am studying fine and applied art currently in the university will it be possible for me to join the navy when i graduate
U have to read tru the page www.joinnigeriannavy.com during d application process to know if ya course is appliacable or not... Nobody can tell for now... Cos ita diff. Year and diff. Creteria or standards
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Harymis1(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2016
Perhaps, I need some education Oga tenderlaw on those words. Which is what pls?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Harymis1:
Perhaps, I need some education Oga tenderlaw on those words. Which is what pls?

A submarine is a vessel that moves beneath the surface of the sea. It is usually manned by Naval personnel. A Marine Corps is not a prerequisite for owning submarines, because the Navy is usually in charge of all vessels in the fleet [including submarines]. So we do not necessarily need marines to man a submarine because the Navy is trained to do just that. What we do need marines for is launching of amphibious assaults (like operation Tiger-Claw, or the Allied D-day landings of World War II). Having said that, I must say I will be delighted when the Nigerian Navy obtains her first submarine.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wiztonero has said it all...short and precise...like a true marine. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by shollytak(m): 4:51am On Jan 09, 2016
pijay:

The Navy trainee(ND and SSCE holdera) will recruit next year maybe May or June but the DSSC 24 will be till 2017. I dont think they will recruit this year. Put ears on ground cos surely Airforce and Army DSSC form will b on sale soon this year... But Navy im not sure.. Until DSSC 23 pass out..
plz Sir, u mean there will no recruit this year.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2016
shollytak:
plz Sir, u mean there will no recruit this year.
Sorry.. The Navy will recruit Personel (SSCE Holders and ND holder) later in d year. But for DSSC i dont think so.. Cos DSSC 23 is still going on.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by shollytak(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
pijay:

Sorry.. The Navy will recruit Personel (SSCE Holders and ND holder) later in d year. But for DSSC i dont think so.. Cos DSSC 23 is still going on.
I really appreciate your reply
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by shollytak(m): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
pijay:

plz sir, im HND holder but I have 2:2 and I like to join Navy and I thinking of using my OND certificate. can i later tender my HND certificate when I become an officer
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
shollytak:
plz sir, im HND holder but I have 2:2 and I like to join Navy and I thinking of using my OND certificate. can i later tender my HND certificate when I become an officer

If you enter as a rating with only your OND, NN is NOT obliged to give you automatic promotion to be an officer just by bringing your HND forward. You will still need to go for normal DSSC screening like every other person. And if you are screened out...frustration sets in. In summary, wait for dssc if you have HND.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Aleshyto(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
tenderlaw:

If you enter as a rating with only your OND, NN is NOT obliged to give you automatic promotion to be an officer just by bringing your HND forward. You will still need to go for normal DSSC screening like every other person. And if you are screened out...frustration sets in. In summary, wait for dssc if you have HND.
pls when precisely is going to be? i have OND in Mechanical Engineering pls can i apply?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2016
Pls does anyone have an idea or have any news about this final list?? Plz M tensed, I can't deny it. Today is 12th already. I wish Us all the Best.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2016
The last rumor I heard is false cos it didn't materialize, so I choose nt to hear any other. Well we still av 19days to go in January, so let's keep checking website everyday and someday we'll just see our names shortlisted.
But while waiting, let's keep fit so as nt to breakdown. Onward together
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Siraleeyu(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
Pls does anyone have an idea or have any news about this final list?? Plz M tensed, I can't deny it. Today is 12th already. I wish Us all the Best.
which state are u from........ How many of U are left so far??

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53