Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (19457 Views)

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by makzeze: 5:44am On Feb 01, 2015
. Bauchi comes to a standstill as former Head of State visits

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari yesterday pledged to investigate the crisis rocking the Nigerian military, comprising the Army, the Navy and the Air-force to understand the reasons why they were running away from the battle ground despite huge amount of money being spent on security.

Buhari, who spoke for less than ten minutes at Ibrahim Babangida Trade Fair Complex, venue of his presidential campaign in Bauchi State, told the gathering that it was a shame that Nigerian soldiers were running away from the war front, leaving their arms for the terrorists.

He said Nigerian soldiers, who had shown bravery and expertise in many countries, were now looking for assistance from other parts of the world to fight the insurgents.

He reiterated his commitment to end insecurity and corruption, create employment opportunities through the provision of adequate electricity and explore opportunities provided by the abundant mineral resources and agriculture.

The APC presidential candidate urged voters to collect their Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs), come out to vote and protect their votes on the election day. Yesterday’s afternoon, business activities were at standstill after the campaign trail of the APC presidential candidate visited Bauchi State. People closed down their activities to receive Buhari who arrived the state around 5:30pm.

The entire Bauchi metropolis was also locked down in a gridlock as the campaign trail meandered through the city from the airport.
The APC flag bearer arrived Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International Airport around 5:30pm but it took him more than 20 minutes before his entourage left the airport because of heavy traffic occasioned by presence of mammoth crowd.
The Bauchi airport was besieged by thousands of supporters as early as10am by curious supporters waiting for the opposition candidate.

The presence of heavily armed soldiers, police and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) personnel didn’t succeed in preventing the mammoth crowd from getting into the tarmac when Buhari’s plane finally landed.

The surging crowd finally broke down the gate of the airport when the chartered planes that brought Buhari and his delegation landed. The crowd charged into the tarmac, milling around the presidential candidate’s plane for close to 20 minutes. It took security details time before they succeeded in controlling the crowd to allow Buhari alight from the plane.

Thereafter, Buhari entered an open bus in a very long motorcade that stretched from the airport to the metropolis. APC supporters bearing brooms in cars, tricycles and motorcycles followed the APC candidate throughout the 22 kilometers drive to the city centre.

Men, women and children lined up the streets of Bauchi, waiving brooms and APC flags waiting to catch the glimse of the General.
Due to the crowd, the delegation had to abandon its plan of visiting the Emir of Bauchi at his palace and drove straight to the venue of the campaign.

Even at the Babangida square, Buhari spent over one hour without alighting from his vehicle due to the crowd. Due to the surging crowd and power failure at the complex, Buhari had to drive out of the square again.

Sunday Trust observed that throughout the event, the complex was dark and the public address system was not functioning.
On the Buhari entourage were his running mate Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the APC national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the campaign director general Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and the APC deputy national chairman, North, Senator Lawal Shuaibu, among others.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/19516-ineffective-battle-against-insurgents-i-will-probe-the-military-buhari

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by klodike(m): 5:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Owk ooh
Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by okosodo: 5:54am On Feb 01, 2015
Sorry sir, you can not fight or probe the military because they are doing the will of allah. If they go full force against boko haram, allah will be annoyed

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by phe44u(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2015
If you think Buhari will win this election and fulfill his promise hit like ,but fail woefully hit share

305 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Oklander: 6:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Can't wait… Pls Buhari, come and probe everybody. grin

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Oklander: 6:01am On Feb 01, 2015
phe44u:
If you think Buhari will win this election and fulfill his promise hit like ,but fail woefully hit share
You people should stop begging for like & share, abi una dey chop am?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by drkay(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Yes, it's a reasonable thing to do. There's so much corruption in the army these days, leading to unavailability of necessary tools and lack of motivation.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Oklander: 6:03am On Feb 01, 2015
okosodo:
Sorry sir, you can not fight or probe the military because they are doing the will of allah. If they go full force against boko haram, allah will be annoyed
Waris this one saying… smh

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by MyNameIsMyName: 6:08am On Feb 01, 2015
The clueless president has refused to do anything regarding the insurgency despite claiming to know who is behind it yet he just sat back to watch as innocent nigerians are being slaughtered, Vote for change. GEJ and lady shrek are going back to otueke.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by babadem2much(m): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2015
They know he is coming that is why the Army keep sabortaging his efforts, how ever the top dogs in the Army are sweating cuz of this statement. Oga GMB please probe them if they are found one thing JAIL THEM N CONFISCATE THERE PROPERIES. GEJ can do it but i serioulsy don't knw why he feels reluctant or is he scared @ this level?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by bewla(m): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2015
what took them so long to do there work .but if is B R T in lagos they waist no time to burn it down na d burn the sweet them pass and to harass innocent people pls General prob and that man we they stand for bado sorry presido back that office to need to b check couse he be like say na him them the use bribe and harass or order officers were no want bribe

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Burger01(m): 6:17am On Feb 01, 2015
Oklander:
You people should stop begging for like & share, abi una dey chop am?
I wonder ooo.. Lolcheesy

1 Like

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Redoil: 6:28am On Feb 01, 2015
Forging/faking certificate to aspire to the highest position with threat of violence if rejected is now a serious business in nigeria.
Methink people whose first names ended in U should be allow to go scot free whenever they are caught.
Riddles
what is common among salisu buhari mohamedu buhari tinubu ahmead buhari and another buhari .
Send ur answer to APC cyber clonning centre
at www.buhari/osibanjo.com and win urself a poosh car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by ThisisBuhari: 6:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari please retire all the Generals when you take over.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari should first probe how he enlisted into the Nigerian army without any certificate and after that hand himself over to the police for prosecution.

He can further help by pointing out those other fake 'Generals' whom he helped into the Nigerian army through the backdoor.
It is fellow illiterate'Generals' like him that are stifling the war against boko haram

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by koikoi2(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2015
How wud he probe d military?

Is it from his cow farm settlement?

Jonathan til 2020.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by KEVIND: 6:53am On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari will not shoot a single bullet against the insurgency, Why, because they'll cease to exist. How? Boko haram said their primary Objective is to introduce sharia they even appointed Buhari to negotiate between them & the federal govt which Buhari tacticaly avoided & declined.so if they have someone in power who believe in their cause 'SHARIA' do think they'll continue their bloodshed.NO! So,if Buhari Wins he should just plan on how to deal with the Niger delta militant cos their'll be no Boko haram to fight & he knows it.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 01, 2015
okosodo:
are you from Pluto am sure u not from earth.............. can you tell me the will of Allah fool........ just stop this silly thinking before your offspring inherit it from u.............

12 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by asadike(f): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Which military does he want to probe? Oh! An attack on bokoharam is no longer an attack on d north? I see.

19 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by clevvermind(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2015
is it because they said your certificate is not with them? yeye man. go and look for your certificate jor.

2 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by fkaz(m): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2015
BUHARI WILL SURELY PROBE ALL JONATHAN APPOiNTEE BETWEEN 2011-2015, EITHER MILITARY OR CIVILIANS

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by MyMouth(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2015
Wonder what would be going on in the mind of Osibanjo, Amechi and co, concerning the crowd, they would be like " na wa o! Na human being get supporters like dis?" Like someone said, Buhari is like a religion in the north. This election would be peaceful by God's grace, but if the PDP trys to rig, hmmmmm, what happened in 2011 would be child's play. Let there be free and fair elections!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
more like probing the Army for telling the truth about his certificate

what a vindictive character

we dont need probe, what we need is solution to how you plan to tackle boko haram

11 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by speaktome(m): 7:57am On Feb 01, 2015
I welcome evry Nairalander to the month of Election!!

We should all remember that;

"Our Decision Deternines Our Direction and Destination"

Be wise nd Vote wisely!!

God Bless Me
God Help my State Abia
God prosper Osun state my Base
God See Nigeria through

Amen!!

6 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by lonelydora: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2015
Thank you sir in advance, our incoming president.

6 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by tonididdy(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2015
Oga NLA has spoken
Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by holicalpha(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2015
All hail Mr AfeeC who knows all but doesn't see through his failures.

----------- Valar Moghulis
Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by omenka(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2015
This is why the man keep getting more and more support every passing day!! This is indeed a step in the right direction. We need to know what the trillions budgeted for defence in the past four years were expended on....

The politicians in Abuja, top hierarchy of defence ministry, defence contractors and indeed Aso Rock aren't gonna be happy about this pronouncement, but we know the boys at the frontline, who bear the brunt of the corruption and sleaze in the defence ministry, losing lives and limbs on a daily basis due to ill equipment, would be very happy to hear this.

God bless you Buhari.

Sai Baba.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by Kingspin(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari the wrong choice for APC.He is a chameleon in the making.
Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by alaoeri: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Good way to go General, restoring Nigeria military to the once formidable force.

7 Likes

Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2015
we don hear

you can probe them from the comfort of your home in daura after failboohari.

everyday its getting clearer what boko haram stands for, let the north keep donating their kids for bombing, GEJ will rule till 2019 if they like they should repeat hiroshima
Re: Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari by RAO1(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2015
okosodo:
must this mumu relate this topic with Allah (s.w.t) .....If u don't have sensible comment.... read and leave.... everything ,,,religion haba!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS: Fayose Rewards Ekiti Assembly Member For ‘loyalty’-the Tribune / Tinubu & Maryam Abacha To Commission 432 Houses, Schools, And Hospitals In Borno / Dankwambo Unfit For President, Gombe Group Tells Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.