Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,792 members, 7,824,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (47852 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
nduchucks:
No foreign country has ever carried out military operations in our territory, but Chad did that with impunity without any protest form GEJ.
How do you know that there was no protest from GEJ? Do you live in his office?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by tolustx(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
GMB will not do things because jonathanians want him to do
All we as for is a neutral ground if that is not available,Then it becomes impossible to be part of such

GMB has always been part of debates.
So what is ur definition of "neutral ground"? If u all say nedg debate is pdp biased, is chnnels tv's own too pdp? Or which oda neutral ground do u want? Maybe u're expecting cnn or bbc to conduct d debate sha
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by nduchucks: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Seun:

No sane leader will make such a protest in secret. That's another sign of cluelessness and lack of leadership.

Your country was invaded by a foreign country (essentially an act of war) and the President does not condemn the act publicly or demand an apology - what signal does that send to other countries?
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by BraniacX(m): 3:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tonylyte:

Buhari is a clown, backed by some robotic chumps.

I think its the other way round, buhari is a clueless robot being controlled by sadist clowns
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Seun(m): 3:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
nduchucks:
Your country was invaded by a foreign country (essentially an act of war) and the President does not condemn the act publicly or demand an apology - what signal does that send to other countries?
Don't you think it would have looked bad if President Jonathan had publicly demanded an apology for an action against Boko Haram? Also, how do you know that they did not inform him before embarking on the anti-terror operation? How do you know he didn't give them his consent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by BraniacX(m): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
theV0ice:

I don't support the idea of no-debate.

GEJ himself has nothing to offer in a debate so nothing to get worked up over. His no-show in 2011 is testament enough

What about GEJ's so show in 2015?

I guess it means he has everything to offer Nigerians
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by senatorbayor(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
bxcode:

So because GEJ didn't debate in 2011, GMB shouldn't do so in 2015 also? Two wrongs makes a right for you I guess.
Change indeed.
bros, don't get infuriated by this mere debate. why is GEJ so eager to debate now when he had the ample opportunity in 2011.
let the voters decide rather than an orchestrated debate

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by nduchucks: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Seun:
Don't you think it would have looked bad If President Jonathan had publicly demanded an apology for an action against Boko Haram? It would have looked as if he supports Boko Haram. Also, how do you know that they did not inform him before embarking on the anti-terror operation?

We are fighing Boko Haram for invading our territories and we are supposed to allow another country to violate our territorial integrity because that country is fighting Boko Haram? It does not add up for me.

I think the President could have protested the invasion of Nigeria by Chad without making it appear as if he supports Boko Haram. That is what his diplomatic core is paid to do - help him with appropriate speeches to deal with the situation without appearing weak.

If GEJ was informed before the invasion, he should have informed the country after the fact. An address to the nation would have been appropriate.

In my humble opinion there is nothing Presidential about GEJ's response to the Chad invasion. We are not in a millitary dictatorship and the President serves the citizens and owes us an explanation on why our territory was invaded by a foreign country. Silence is not the best response in this case.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jorussia:
I think you are totally out of point. I don't think the issue is about the capability of GMB,because he attended in 2011.I am a very strong supporter of GMB, but i am really disappointed he won't be participating.However,unlike in developed nations like the US,where debate makes or mars the chance of a candidate, in Nigeria its not so.Prof utomi was the most outspoken candidate last time,but that didn't fetch him the required votes.
Then why is GEJ still vilified for not attending one of 2 debates in 2011?
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
So many people are over interested in the presidential debate that they forget that the presidential debate is not what will rule them for the next four years. It's the president. Who do you think is more deserving? And besides, why does the fear of what change could bring want to make you cling to that which is not satisfactory? Vote for what we need the most right now - Change.
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Seun(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
Simeonolakunle:
And besides, why does the fear of what change could bring want to make you cling to that which is not satisfactory?
Because no matter how bad things may be right now, they could be worse. What Nigerians really want is an improvement, not just change.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by brownlord: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
bbjummy:
GMB, If you don't attend d debts, then who is gonna clear all my doubts about u b4 giving you my vote? Go for debt na so we can at least hear your views about issues disturbing our minds such as "why d party is one religion sided and not a mixture? " why the certificate issue is yet to b rectified? Etc.. Please act fast cos I feel you really need to convince some indecisive Nigerian who are as confused as myself.

Buhari you see your life?

Because of your borrowing attitude, people don they mistake debt for debate.

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by bakila: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
agabaI23:
One rule for some and another rule for others. Why?

No certificate, can't debate. You guys should respect yourselves give up. Some excuses are lame.
and who are you guys?
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by BashMe1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
bxcode:

So in your sincere and non hypocritical mind, you believe that the likes of Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi and the rest will tackle corruption in this country, in this present age
Am ashamed on your behalf to say the least.
If u like, cry blood... It doesnt affect the movement one bit. Is It ur clueless Jonathan that can now stop corruption?
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Splashme: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
[size=15pt]Buhari is a joke[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by zoomzoom(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
The General has decided to put to bed all the ridiculous allegations by PDP. He is holding a press conference soon to put PDP to shame

More details coming ........

Sai Buhari Sai Baba

Not good enough...Lai Lai...just advise that man to show up or HIS ASS IS GRASS.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by bakila: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Seun:

That is a serious matter that no President should hide his protest in his office.
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by sweetbaby22(f): 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:

The Director of Media and Communication of the The
Buhari Campaign Organisation , Dele Alake has just
revealed that the All Progressives Congress
Presidential candidate in the forthcoming election,
General Muhammadu Buhari will not be participating
at the Presidential elections organised by Channels
TV in partnership with some bodies slated for
Tuesday, 3rd of February, 2015.
This will be the second time the APC Presidential
candidate will be pulling out of a Presidential debate
ahead of the 2015 general elections. Dele Alake
during Monday’s edition of Channels’ TV Sunrise Daily
stated that they pulled out of the previous debate
and the coming one because they have got an
intelligence report that some of the organizers of the
debates are partisan in nature and pro PDP.
He however made it clear that the All Progressives
Congress will be open to a debate organised by an
Independent body who are not partisan in nature

What a cover up ...... its a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by babamadiba(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Debate or no debate I have decided
I love you
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by zoomzoom(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

We are only shocked that about 250 of our Chibok girls have been missing for the past 1 year and the useless president has not been able to do anything!

We are shocked that, 20Billion Dollars of our common Patrimony has been frittered away and nobody is talking about it!

We are shocked That a Dollar now exchanges 250 Naira.

We are shocked that. 2.3Trillion Naira disappeared in a a fathom Subsidy and nobody has. Been brought to Book!

We are shocked at the level of unemployment in Nigeria!

We. Are shocked that Our President said Stealing was not Corruption!

We are shocked that the First family feeds with over 1Billion Naira per year!

These are some of the things that worries us more and not a belated debate where people
watch some persons standing and talking out of heart!

A PC's change is all about Jonathan..the rest na WASH..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by bxcode(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
BashMe1:

If u like, cry blood... It doesnt affect the movement one bit. Is It ur clueless Jonathan that can now stop corruption?
Where in my post did I mention that GEJ will stop corruption, but you categorically stated and probably believes that APC will fight corruption. It baffles me that whenever someone challenges the integrity of your so called party of change, you classify the person as a pro GEJ. Not all of us are gullible enough to support any of these political parties that we have in this country because all of them are virtually the same, but with the cards currently on display I'll rather be neutral than stick out my neck for either PDP or APC.....especially APC!!!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by babamadiba(m): 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
jhydosky:
Dear Berem,
I am supporting GMB for this election but I am not comfy with APC shielding him from debate.

GEJ is not superior to a Buhari. Man-to-man.

He will thrash the Otuoke Ph.D holder.

APC's strength is in her team and Buhari leads this team.

Please let GMB debate this guy!!

bros e tire me o..gej Wey dey talk b4 he thinks fa.
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by ighodalonosa(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
BUHARI is afraid of playing at STAMFORD BRIDGE. if he come go NOU CAMP na b say he done finish b dat.
BUHARI debate na. no b u say u be progressive and na u b change. oya come tell us for channels TV.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
babamadiba:
I love you

I love you more
Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by francizy(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
bxcode:

Where in my post did I mention that GEJ will stop corruption, but you categorically stated and probably believes that APC will fight corruption. It baffles me that whenever someone challenges the integrity of your so called party of change, you classify the person as a pro GEJ. Not all of us are gullible enough to support any of these political parties that we have in this country because all of them are virtually the same, but with the cards currently on display I'll rather be neutral than stick out my neck for either PDP or APC.....especially APC!!!

God bless you and everything you lay your hands on.
People like us will always stick to the truth.
When it happens, they will be the ones coming on here to criticize again, while we laugh at their gullibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by Whitehorse: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
nduchucks:

No sane leader will make such a protest in secret. That's another sign of cluelessness and lack of leadership.

Nigerians are a funny people. So you think Chad just decided to fly into Nigerian airspace? Which airspace? The place in question is a border town!

I really doubt if some folks are Nigerians, now that the heat has been turned on Boko Haram because Cameroon and Chad has decided to tow a bit more honest path, you are complaining that they "invaded" Nigerian airspace.

Just so you don't know, there is no way Nigeria can defeat Boko Haram unless Niger, Chad and especially Cameroon stop allowing them to use their countries as bases and transit point. Na wa o.

Back to topic jare. When will Buhari attend a debate with other presidential candidates?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by nationwide1(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
berem:
Ifeanyi, Channels TV is not solely organizing the debate tomorrow. They are oganizing the debate with other groups affiliated to PDP. Another reason to boycott the debate.
Remember, APC opted for change of umpires and PDP obliged. APC specified Channels TV as their desired arbiter. There's something APC is not telling us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by nortcentrallord(m): 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
GMB will not do things because jonathanians want him to do
All we as for is a neutral ground if that is not available,Then it becomes impossible to be part of such

GMB has always been part of debates.
I bet the constitutional requirement of providing waec results and not statementof result is Jonathanians doing too? Listen to yourself. Well there is an adage that says "a Dog marked for death can't be saved". That's the case of Buhari supporters. They are marked with flauting the constitution And they are marked with shame and are used to crying. Hahahaha. Results will be announced soon and tears will flow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by tyrone07(m): 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
So all the noise about Jonathan being clueless could not be exploited by the APC in a debate. SMH for the APC and their coward general

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by nortcentrallord(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
babamadiba:
bros e tire me o..gej Wey dey talk b4 he thinks fa.
But he is not scared of debates and he has the basic constitutional requirements. Quote me wrong if I am please.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate by VoteWisely: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

No Going Back On Grazing Routes Recovery – FG / Late Deborah Samuel's Siblings Registered In New School (Photos) / Why Aisha Buhari Returned To Nigeria After Months In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.