Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others (16044 Views)

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / CSOs, NGOs And Media Visit EFCC’s Detention Facilities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by wealthfultree(m): 8:51am On Feb 05, 2015
BUHARI SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT HE HAS TO SHOWCASE HIMSELF AT THIS DEBATE. HIS CONTINIOUS SHYING AWAY WILL MAKE US BELIEVE SAY O BOY NOR GET PAPER TO SHOW, BECAUSE PAPER QUESTION CAN COME UP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by efilefun(m): 8:52am On Feb 05, 2015
if buhari no debate dem tie GEJ say make hin no go abii other aspirants no dey?? Abegiiiii comot near shit wey dey smell jooor

IHAVEDECIDED Buhari/Osibanjo2015

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by nortcentrallord(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2015
ilugunboy:

Show me any PDP Presidential candidate that ever attend any of these organised debates.

This same GEJ ran away from NN24 debate in 2011.....
Then you are telling me because corruption has been in Nigeria, corruption must continue.
You are telling me because flouting of laws and order was in Nigeria yesterday, it must be so today?
What change are you guys yearning for then?
Any sane human being that wants to progress and move forward in life adopts a positive change. If we allow the wrongs of yesterday into today just because it affects us, then Nigeria is stagnant and we will never move forward. You know it deep in your heart and I know understand me very well.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by nortcentrallord(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2015
upcrown2512:
THOSE WHO MATTER DOES NOT MIND; AND THOSE WHO MIND DOES NOT MATTER.

Some people are soo bitter because of this GMB
Even if Cambridge issue another result. I believe they'll still be sad alongside with their devil advocates in ethnocentric and their religion bigotry.

Because you've failed in all this; you have failed in all ramifications.

He'll Islamize Nigeria
Is too old
He doesn't know his Gsm no
He'll make country ungovernable
He has Cancer
He dn't know his vice name
He will throw pple to jail
General without certificate
He didn't buy weapons.

We are still counting.
? ? ? ?

In all this : GMB continue to get stronger and more stronger.

Google it and see what it take to be a General.

PDP and those who want a statue quo of monumental embezzlement, Zero on Security,
And all the promise and failed of GEJ.
Will likewise experience in their life the way GEJ is ruling this country. Say AMEN.

NIGERIANS ! FEBUARI ! ! !
Has he he requested cambridge to provide him with the copy of his certificate yet? Why is he afraid of doing so? What is the undertone?
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by nortcentrallord(m): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2015
Shoutozone:
I'm sure Buhari had not been avoiding debates because he is afraid of Jonathan or scared that he might mess up things. He only wanted the organisers of the debate to be a plain field, not a home or away field. he didn't want foul play.
Nobody can organise a plain field debate for him in Nigeria? Even their lovely channels can't? The same way he is the only upright Nigerian without blemish. If he really is then he should know that nobody can rubbish him with anything contrary to what he was or now is except if there is an undertone and if so, he wouldn't be that righteous and very upright as not to have had no regrets or apologies to Nigerians for his years as president and afterwards till this very moment.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by nortcentrallord(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2015
ransomed:
GMB should not attend the debate base on security reason. According to Obasanjo's open letter to GEJ(BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE). They have trained snippers to eliminate any strong political opponent. If they cannot adopt tele-conference technology, he should please, never enter their traps. What of if they kill him and claim it is Boko haram attack? Do not attend sir.
grin grin grin Obasonjo now security adviser to APC. Hahahahahahah. What a charade.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by 1shortblackboy: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2015
Michaelpark:
I can't really understand why people keep emphasising on a debate as if it's the best way of knowing a good candidate.

In case you can no longer find your
History
books, Obafemi Awolowo, the Great Zik,
Aminu
Kano et al boycotted the 1979
presidential
debate, and we all know that they are certainly among the best politician of their time.

Jonathan refused to attend presidential debate organised in 2011 and yet he was voted in as our president because nobody make a big deal out of it. It's now funny and irritating seeing the way people are condemning Buhari for turning down a mere debate when our incumbent president also did the same.

Yar adua and Obasanjo never attended any debate during their campaign with the later absent in debating hall on two occasions and still never loosed the elections.

Before you will start throwing punch at men, you will have to understand the fact that I'm not a political party fanatic I'm just a mere citizen that belive in giving another party a chance before we can know a failure.

It will be harsh on PDP if we call them a failure when we are yet to give another party a run.

we're in 2015 and ur talkin of d past. So wherein lies d change of which APC speaks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by wazobiaN9(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if our semi-illiterate general without a certificate will participate in this debate. I pray he chickens out in this one too. I'm sure Barcanista will hope otherwise grin.

Nigerians deserve better. Buhari is not fit to be our president. If not for bullet, Buhari would never have been the president of this great country. We're no longer in the era of bullets. We're in the era of brains.

We need positive change not a retrogressive change.

Meanwhile, I'm hereby calling on Buhari to get his certificate ready as it will be requested for by the Courts. He should also get ready to be convicted for Perjury.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

Haa masquerade ShowYourCertificate, there you are!! grin

How market today?

9 more days before you become jobless grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by chidi01(m): 9:34am On Feb 05, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
Why Ar U People Like Dis. Pls Tell Me What Has Becloud Ur Sense Of Reasoning? Religion? Ethnic? Let Objectivity Be Our Watch Word, Buhari Is Caling!!! Nigerians Vote 4 Me 2 Help Restore Ur Ailing Economy,security,education,health And D Likes Wil U Keep Quiet? Chai There Is God O!.

If Mr. Integrity cannot proove his integrity by showing his certificate. Why should we believe any other thing he's saying, knowing that those behind him are not corruption free. The fact is APC and PDP are the same people. If GEJ defects to APC today he will also become a saint. That's APC for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by zizibabe1(f): 9:35am On Feb 05, 2015
iiichidodo:
Come down from your high horse and tell Nigerians what you have in store for them...eehn?..Are we fighting?.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by zizibabe1(f): 9:43am On Feb 05, 2015
iiichidodo:
Come down from your high horse and tell Nigerians what you have in store for them...eehn?..Are we fighting?.

You give him too much credit! What high horse? This is someone that has not done ONE thing to improve himself since he left the reins of power. It's more of not having the ability to be coherent and articulate which unfortunately comes with age.For some,it sets in earlier than others.why he just won't own up to this is baffling.The longer his handlers shield him from these debates,the more interested people get in finding out what he has to hide.

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by mathskill: 9:45am On Feb 05, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if our semi-illiterate general without a certificate will participate in this debate. I pray he chickens out in this one too. I'm sure Barcanista will hope otherwise grin.

Nigerians deserve better. Buhari is not fit to be our president. If not for bullet, Buhari would never have been the president of this great country. We're no longer in the era of bullets. We're in the era of brains.

We need positive change not a retrogressive change.

Meanwhile, I'm hereby calling on Buhari to get his certificate ready as it will be requested for by the Courts. He should also get ready to be convicted for Perjury.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]
I can see Your brain is really socked in ogogoro. Contrary to your own deep seated hatred,The good thing is Buharis instructors at Army school in the U.S applaud his intellectual capacity. Unlike your ogogoro colleague cum dumboo zoologist president who cant seem to present his phd thesis for the public to see. Non of his prof. Or students or colleagues has come forward.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by primeson1(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2015
A debate organise by Nigerian Labour Congress undecided

NLC have become increasingly partisan to PDP and of course their party - Labour Party.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by zizibabe1(f): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2015
nortcentrallord:

It beats my imagination how some people will refer to a solid foundation as useless. Have we no conscience any more? If you are bidding for a contract, don't you submit your quotation to convince your employer so he will know you have an idea of what you will do when given the contract? This is the same back door syndrome we are talking about. This is the same reason why he doesn't have a certificate. Which developed nation in the world go into presidential election without a debate? Some Nigerians reason below an average human being. So is USA a primary school? Don't they debate? If yhis is the kind of change you guys are yearning for then it's obvious it's a backward change. What a shame! Someone wants to rule a country and he can't even engage his opponents in a simple debate. So when he becomes the president, how will he engage the several checks and balance and critics of his "gowment"?

Bull's eye!!! Right on point sir!
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by anonimi: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2015
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 05, 2015
nortcentrallord:

[s]Then you are telling me because corruption has been in Nigeria, corruption must continue.
You are telling me because flouting of laws and order was in Nigeria yesterday, it must be so today?
What change are you guys yearning for then?
Any sane human being that wants to progress and move forward in life adopts a positive change. If we allow the wrongs of yesterday into today just because it affects us, then Nigeria is stagnant and we will never move forward. You know it deep in your heart and I know understand me very well[/s].

Would debating stop corruption?

I will prefer candidates going out there on one on one and giving out time-lines...thresholds and watermarks of what they intend to deliver to those electorates.

I will never accept that debate is the only means to sell yourself to voters......please I'm tired of people quoting me and saying the same thing.

Don't bother to quote me to tell me why debate is important....you will me a wall
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by iiichidodo: 9:56am On Feb 05, 2015
zizibabe1:

You give him too much credit! What high horse? This is someone that has not done ONE thing to improve himself since he left the reins of power. It's more of not having the ability to be coherent and articulate which unfortunately comes with age.For some,it sets in earlier than others.why he just won't own up to this is baffling.The longer his handlers shield him from these debates,the more interested people get in finding out what he has to hide.
You couldn't have said it any better dear....but be well advised that we aren't giving him any credit but massaging his ego....who knows?...We just might be in luck and he decides to debate.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by kalohkaloh: 9:57am On Feb 05, 2015
NLC organizing a debate?! Wonders shall never end! NLC that is alleged to have connived with a developer to scam unsuspecting Nigerians struggling to buy houses! The matter is yet to be resolved. NLC suffers credibility crisis which questions its morality to conduct a debate! These Nigerians will never cease to amuse the international community!
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Jesusloveyou: 9:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Mostwanted7:
Let there be a change!!!.....what has the incumbent President done to warrant a stay.... vote irrespective of your religion... tribe.... if Jona education is what you want to vote for then YOU ARE A FOOL!!!
he don't even have education,he only have fake paper without thesis,abi gej reason who go school.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by zizibabe1(f): 10:01am On Feb 05, 2015
primeson1:
A debate organise by Nigerian Labour Congress undecided

NLC have become increasingly partisan to PDP and of course their party - Labour Party.

NLC is also partisan I dont believe this,how pathetic can you get? Ok,PDP has asked APC to organise a debate moderated by Lai Mohammed,yet no show,haba !!! A fii see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by gabicon: 10:15am On Feb 05, 2015
A debate is already too late 90% if not 95% of those who want to vote have already made up their mind, the essence of a debate is to espouse the undecided, why debate 10 days to election let me guess to embarrass one or both candidates? Let's face it both men are likely going to goof if they debate I believe GEJ will do worse because he doesn't choose his words wisely (any intelligent person will pick stones in his words, the campaigns and media chats responses are examples) and his team do not help him develop that weakness it gets worse the longer he has to speak. GBM hasn't spoken long enough for his weakness to be properly identified but I think from the 2011 debate I can say his strategy is say as little as possible to trash out the questions.

I was an undecided initially but thanks to the media I've made my choice same goes for most undecided electorates.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Forwetinnah: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2015
Jonathan shouldn't attend too. .what rubbish?? Must we all conform to APC's wimps?? GEJ must NOT be seen there...
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Forwetinnah: 10:26am On Feb 05, 2015
ilugunboy:

Would debating stop corruption?

I will prefer candidates going out there on one on one and giving out time-lines...thresholds and watermarks of what they intend to deliver to those electorates.

I will never accept that debate is the only means to sell yourself to voters......please I'm tired of people quoting me and saying the same thing.

Don't bother to quote me to tell me why debate is important....you will me a wall

No..but an illiterate mallam who obviously has no academic qualification would undecided
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by fasbat(m): 10:54am On Feb 05, 2015
nortcentrallord:

A general of the Nigerian army without a simple constitutional requirement.
A general of the Nigerian army that can't engage with others I n a single debate.
A General of the Nigerian army that commits perjury.
A general in the Nigerian army that is above Nigerians and can never apologise for a wrong done to others. (this general must be a demi god)
Now I can see where the decay In the Nigerian army started from. General indeed.
are u sure u know d meaning of perjury? And indeed u believed dt d man has no certificate? What a pity!
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I love this!...
Let's see If Buhari will boycott this one, Though it's like he will.
What does an illiterate cow rearer have to tell us?
That was how they were shouting "channels, channels"...If you like shout "Aljazeera".
Say no to townhall meeting
Buhari must debate.
You talk like a tomato seller.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by inalegwu99(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2015
hapy BUHALENTINE in AVDVANCE

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 05, 2015
Forwetinnah:

No..but an illiterate mallam who obviously has no academic qualification would undecided

Nonsense...
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Chigold101(m): 11:34am On Feb 05, 2015
PassingShot:
Have they confirmed with APC before announcing this one?

Though I don't mind seeing GEJ and GMB go head to head but APC have clearly said Buhari is not participating in any debate. We don't really need to accord PDP/GEJ any dignity since they lack it themselves.

how many people can you reach through town hall meetings? Just a few persons... If PDP lacks diginity why not show up in the debate and finaly shut their coffin... Then bury them finally on FailBuhari 14th...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2015
julie8:
You talk like a tomato seller.
And you talk like a love peddler... slut.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Fvuche(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
fkaz:
Buhari disappointing PDP, let D'banj host goodluck on the debate, because Buhari has move ahead with town hall meeting already

- 1993 MKO Abiola(SDP) vs Tofa(NRC) both of them showed-up for debate, Abiola win the election but IBB annulled the election.

- 1999 Obasanjo(PDP) VS Olu falaye(AD) Olufalaye showed-up for debate but Obasanjo was missing, Obasanjo win the election @ the end.

-2003 Obasanjo(PDP) vs Buhari(APP) Buhari showed-up for debate but Obasanjo was missing, Obasanjo win the election @ the end.

-2007 Urmar yaradua(PDP) vs Buhari(ANPP) Buhari showed-up for debate but yaradua was missing, yaradua win the election @ the end.

-2011 Goodluck(PDP) vs Ribadu(CAN) Shekarau(ANPP) Buhari(CPC). Buhari, Ribadu and shekarau showed-up but Good luck ebele jonathan was missing goodluck jonathan win the election @ the end.
-2015 let history repeat it self Buhari will not attend any debate with jonathan.
Nigerian politics 101 " he who avoids presidential debate wins the election " obj did it yaradua did it gej did it now GMB is doing it

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by tittop4: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
All the presidential candidates picked up the form to run for this election and after their form have been honoured,i think another thing that will determine who has our vote is the public debate because nobody gets employ without being interviewed, lets interview them and know what they are up to and I think whoever miss the debate should be disqualify immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by PassingShot(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
Chigold101:
how many people can you reach through town hall meetings? Just a few persons... If PDP lacks diginity why not show up in the debate and finaly shut their coffin... Then bury them finally on FailBuhari 14th...

You can reach more people and even attend to more important questions through town hall meetings than only one TV debate. They have been having town hall meetings across the country and answer varied questions. To APC, this is more important than the debate because they know that GMB is clearly in the lead. PDP?GEJ need the debate more than them, so why helping them at all!

When PDP were sure of winning in 2011, they boycotted a well publicized debate. Same thing they did in 2003 and 2007.

Talk of revenge served hot here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo) / Dogara Fails To Settle Saraki, Presidency Rift / I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.