Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift (31086 Views)

2019 Election: Senate Backs INEC On Election Timetable / INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday / Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by lalasticlala(m): 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
The list of parties that favoured the re-scheduling of the elections has emerged.

They are: 1.Action Alliance (AA ) 2. Action Congress of Democrats ACD 3.Alliance for Democracy AD 4. African Democratic Congress, ADC 5. Citizens popular Party, (CPP) 6. Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) 7. Labour Party (LP) 8. Mega Peoples Party MPP 9. New Nigeria Peoples Party NNPP 10. United Democratic Party UDP. 11.Peoples popular Movement PPM 12. Progressives People Alliance (PPA). 13.Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). And 14.Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).

Parties against the re-scheduling of the elections are: 1.Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM) 2. All Progressives Congress (APC) 3.United Peoples Party (UPP) 4.ACPN 5. Social Democratic Party (SDP). 6. KOWA 7.Indepednet Democrats (ID) 8. Hope Democratic Party 9 Africans Democratic Alliance (APA) 10. Accord Party.

On its part, All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) abstained and National Conscience Party (NCP) was indifferent.

At the meeting with Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room (Situation Room), INEC Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega, conveyed to them that he had received a letter from the security services advising that he postpones the general elections on the grounds that the security agencies were engaged in a renewed battle against insurgency in the North-East that would require their full concentration.

In the letter the military was demanding a
reschedulng of elections by at least six weeks in the first instance.

Situation Room conveyed to INEC its disappointment with the letter from the security agencies, pointing out that this amounted to the military’s abdication of its constitutional duties to provide security to citizens and to the Commission to enable it conduct elections and appeared contrived to truncate the democratic process in Nigeria.

“Situation Room is further worried that the military’s position also aims to blackmail and arm-twist the election management body away from its constitutionally guaranteed function of conducting elections. Situation Room also condemns this advisory by security agents that they cannot guarantee the security of citizens, election officials and materials during the election.

“The Situation Room calls for the resignation of military chiefs and security heads, including the Police, on account of their inability to exercise their constitutional responsibility to secure lives and property at all times, including during the elections.

“Situation Room also calls on Nigerians to be vigilant and be ready to protect this hard won democracy,” the civil society organisations said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/parties-positions-at-the-meeting-with-inec-on-rescheduling-of-the-general-elections/201220/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
“The Situation Room calls for the resignation
of military chiefs and security heads,
including the Police, on account of their
inability to exercise their constitutional
responsibility to secure lives and property at
all times, including during the elections.

At first, their desperate reason was uneven distribution of the PVCs, now the arm-twisting is geared towards buying enough time to defeat the BH. What happened to this quest for the past 5yrs?

I pity those who have traveled to their respective states either to vote or for security reasons.

Most people's plans have been sabotaged.

Funny enough, whatever desperate measure GEJ and the PDP takes at this point in time, will make people lose faith in them the more.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Bevista: 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ok, someone should please help me explain.

GEJ (the C-in-C) and all security agencies new more than 1 year ago that elections will be holding on February 14th & 28th. Yet the Nigerian government waited till a few weeks to the elections before deciding to tackle BokoHaram.

This is the height of Incompetency and Sabotage.

Jonathan and his cohorts are trying to use security to Blackmail Nigerians into postponing the elections. These criminals have a hidden agenda, which they need more time to perfect.

#ElectionMustHold

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by SeverusSnape(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
Case closed!

1 Like

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
hehehe
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by ArchEnemy(m): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
Thanks for ripping the roof off the dirty ceiling.
PDP could not even display confidence while APC was displaying its
What is PDP afraid of?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Tolexander: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
They are: 1.Action Alliance (AA ) 2. Action
Congress of Democrats ACD 3.Alliance for
Democracy AD 4. African Democratic
Congress, ADC 5. Citizens popular Party,
(CPP) 6. Democratic Peoples Party (DPP)
7. Labour Party (LP) 8. Mega Peoples
Party MPP 9. New Nigeria Peoples Party
NNPP 10. United Democratic Party UDP.
11.Peoples popular Movement PPM 12.
Progressives People Alliance (PPA).
13.Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). And
14.Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by dubylhover(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
abeg wait oo,all dese na political party for dx country?? grin grin,make dem shift go 1 side first,let pipo that matter contest...presently dr are only 3 parties,APC,PDPand the rest...

5 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by dayosaurus(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
a friend's wedding is on the 28th oh nd we don print IV oo

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Just in case
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Kockane(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Biko, where is my BlackBerry charger?
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by korel9: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
"Situation Room" ko "Condition Room" ni undecided

2 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Apga shaaa....
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by jide53: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Are all those political parties in Nigeria shocked . And I thought there was only two undecided

Boko Haram small but financially secure - US
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3089-boko-haram-small-but-financially-secure-us
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by igeolink: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
#MARCHFORWARD #MARCH4GOODLUCK #MARCH4TRANSFORMATION
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by cycline404(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
Is that the change? ??
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by olamonsor2: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
NO to election postpone

1 Like

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by neenar: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
What is pdp and jona afraid of? If they are so sure of GEJ's re-election, then why fret?

1 Like

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Jusmudi(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
Am even surprise because sm political parties ar still making noise saying "postpone d election or dn't postpone d election" as if Dey hv say . As 4 me,, D only party I knw is PDP nd APC nd PDP hv upper hand because Dey ar in power. Anyway

Inec plz because of God dn't postpone d election because I hv training 2mrw. I nr com Nairaland com preach
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Babare(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
It was a "majority wins the vote decision"...

But why must PDP support the postponement of the election. They must have an interior motive.

APC is the most grieved about this decision. Now they need to BORROW more money for campaign.... Just saying....

They already look BROKE. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by makzeze: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
WHETHER FEBRUARY OR MARCH, WE WILL MARCH FOR BUHARI.

19 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by dandydrey(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
K
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Kentrasso(f): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
Whatever!!!

This is definitely a case of high incompetency on the part of the electoral committee.
Things like this shouldn't be deliberated on just a week to fixed date. A national incident for that matter.

And even now nobody knows where we stand. INEC cannot afford to be indecisive at this time. They should say one thing and stick with it. Anybody who has a problem should deal with it

7 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by carbony4red(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
PDP........... Ole, thief, Barawo.........

3 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Rilwayne001: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
INEC: we are ready.

21 Electoral commissioners: we are ready.

NSA: we can't guarantee your security.

cry cry SMH Democratic sabotage cry

Join citizens holding vigil at inec - #NoToPostponement

Because of one man's re-election bid, the whole of Nigeria is being held to ransom. This is the reason we must vote out PDP and GEJ

[size=15pt] They are ready for a debate but not ready for the election...SMDH [/size]

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by orobs93(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
All those once nah political party?
Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by coldsummer: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=18pt]Since his followers believe he's the best thing that has happened to Nigeria, why are they insisting election? After all, words on the streets says he 'must' win.

Clueless.
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by saints2(f): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
I am not surprised... cluelessness at its peak, either they like it or not, Jonathan is going to his Otuke village... His animals namely monkey, goats and all his zoological friends missed him.

Ajo ko le dabi ile.

Change 2015

*** Modified.

2 Sam 15:31

And one told David, saying, “Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom.” And David said, “O Lord, I pray Thee, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness.”

17 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by eraly(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
Shame on GEJ,
Shame on PDP,
Shame on those calling for d postponement,
Shame on all d nigerian youth n elders supporting dis motive,
Shame on all d security forces of nigeria
And most importantly, shame on Nigeria.

4 gud years we had to prepare n is dis wat we get?
I feel like crying for our leaders, d youths n dis country. I bow my head in shame for d 'giant of africa'.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by kolnel: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
Buhari still winning
It's very sure
Nigerians are tired of this cluelessness

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by lordOM(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
Drama plenty for 9ja but PDP ALL THE WAY.GEJ TILL 2019

2 Likes

Re: Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
emmyrichie:

At first, it was uneven distribution of the PVCs, now the arm-twisting is geared towards buying enough time to defeat the BH. What happened to this quest for the past 5yrs?

I pity those who have traveled to their respect states either to vote or for security reasons.

Most people's plans have been sabotaged.
...I am one of those who left hot town for my safe haven...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects / 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark / Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.