Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari (32796 Views)

APC Has Merged With INEC, Police – Fayose / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift / 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by free2ryhme: 2:45am On Jan 28, 2015
*Says litigants will remain in court

ABUJA—Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (Ret), yesterday, insisted that his academic certificates were submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, which were duly acknowledged by the Legal Department of the commission, wondering why people were still making issues of it.

Speaking in Abuja, when the Peoples Democratic Movement, PDM, formally adopted him as its presidential candidate for the February poll, Buhari said: “Well I am not surprised. This is Nigeria. If people are serious about this issue, they ought to have listened to the Legal Adviser of INEC.

“This is the first time, INEC by law has got those documents and they said they have got them. So, anybody who has any different view should go to court. I think they have gone to court. So, let them remain there.”

An Abuja lawyer, Mr. Chike Okafor, had on Monday, in a suit before a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, sought to disqualify Buhari from contesting the February 14 presidential election on account of false information given by the candidate in the affidavit he submitted to INEC, in support of his nomination form.

Meanwhile, an Abuja Chief Magistrate’s Court, yesterday, was asked to okay the prosecution of General Buhari over allegations that he gave false evidence to a public officer.

The plaintiffs in the case are four activists- Shield Jones Ufot, Jimmy David, Ogueri Enwerem and Tochukwu Okorie. In the suit brought pursuant to sections 143 (d) and 152 of the Criminal Procedure Code, they alleged that Buhari relied on a bogus certificate to depose to an affidavit before a competent court, contrary to Section 158 of the Penal Code Law.

PDM adopts Buhari

Meanwhile, PDM National Chairman, Alhaji Bashiru Ibrahim, who spoke at his adoption in Abuja, said that the National Executive Committee, NEC, of the party, considered Buhari’s candidature favourably in a bid to save the country.

He said: “We are here today to present to you the resolution of the National Executive Committee of Peoples Democratic Movement in support of your candidature for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The NEC of our party, at its meeting of January 22, 2015 noted that the party has no Presidential candidate for the Presidential election of February 14.

“It considered and accepted the need to support a candidate in order to save Nigeria from imminent collapse and give it a new lease of life. It also noted that the party has registered close to six million members, both manually and online and resolved to deploy this voting strength for the best interests of Nigeria at this critical time,” he added.

Time for change to save Nigeria

Responding, Buhari said: “What you have said summarises the problems of this country. You have looked carefully and found out that this year, 2015, which ever way politicians and the elite look at it, is another time or watershed in our political system. If we get it wrong this time, and allow the PDP to go again for the next four years, this country is going to be in trouble. Right now, with the unfortunate event of crumbling oil price, the economy is really in a mess. Coupled with insecurity, it is only a country like Nigeria that can survive and get out of this situation we are in.

“A lot of countries will just disappear either from the map or from the political equation of nation states. But Nigerians are so resilient to the extent that there are international personalities who could not understand Nigeria and why Nigeria still exists. There was a former UN Secretary General who said that if he retires, he will go to Nigeria because, according to him, what was happening to Nigeria, no other country can go through it and survive.

“The sixteen years of PDP have been hell. Remember that we use to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Railways, Nigeria Shipping Line. Try and find out how much we spent on power in the last 16 years from the vast resources we accumulated over that period because the price of oil went up to 142 dollars per barrel.

“What did we do with that money? We said that we paid debts with billions of naira. If that were put into infrastructure like power, roads, railways, farming etc, the amount of job it will create would be enormous. Today some of our youths have become danger to the society because of lack of jobs. I hope the elite will properly document these 16 years as presenting the worst leadership this country has ever witnessed.

“We welcome you very sincerely for identifying with us and deciding to come and march along with us to make sure that we improve our lot as a people and as a nation state”, Buhari said.

Certificate Saga: Court asked to okay Buhari for prosecution

Meanwhile, the activists, who identified themselves as tax payers and eligible voters in Nigeria, told the court that they were also social crusaders committed to ensuring obedience to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with a duty to report crime and ensure prosecution of offenders.

Buhari faces 14 years jail term if convicted on the basis of the allegation.

In the suit they filed through their lawyer, Mr. Ugochukwu Ezekiel, the complainants averred: “That pursuant to Section 30 of the Electoral Act, 2010, the INEC issued a Notice setting a date for the 2015 general elections and called for submission of names of candidates for the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the various political parties.

“That the APC and General Muhammadu Buhari (Ret) on the 18th day of December, 2014, filled and submitted INEC form C.F 001 to the Independent National Electoral Commission (a public office) wherein the said General Muhammadu Buhari (Ret) gave his qualification to contest for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as West African School Certificate (WASC), which he claimed to have obtained in 1961.

“The said form CF 001 and INEC publication of names of Presidential candidates and qualifications as published in Vanguard Newspaper of Thursday, January 15, 2015 are attached as Exhibit 1.

“That General Muhammadu Buhari with intent to mislead a public officer as to compliance with the provisions of Section 31 of the Electoral Act, 2010, deposed to various affidavits in the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja wherein he stated that he attended Katsina Provincial Secondary School, Katsina State and obtained a West African School Certificate and the certificates he claimed to have obtained are with the Nigerian Army.

“The two affidavits deposed to by General Muhammadu Buhari on the 17th of December, 2014 and 24th of November, 2014 are hereby attached as Exhibits 2 and 3.

“That the Nigerian Army in whose custody General Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressive Congress (APC) claim the certificates are, issued a statement published in the Thisday Newspaper of Wednesday January 21, 2015 on pages 1 and 6 and Daily Trust Newspaper of Thursday, January 22, 2015, and denied being in possession of the school certificates.

“The publications are attached as Exhibits 4 and 5. That General Muhammadu Buhari never sat for the West African Examination Council examination in 1961 as he claimed.

“That in the entire records of the school and West African Examination Council, there appeared no name of the said Muhammadu Buhari. “That the only name close to that of Mr. Buhari in the school list of 1961 as published by the Principal of Government College (Pilot), Katsina, Katsina State is Mohamed Buhari. The said publication is attached.

“That the actions of the accused constitute offences of giving false evidence to a public officer contrary to Section 157 of the Penal Code Law and punishable under Section 158 of the Penal Code Law.

“That the Complainants are now compelled to bring a Direct Criminal Complaint against the accused person. That the society is crying for justice and only an intervention by the Court can answer the cry.

“That it will be in the best interest of justice to bring the accused person to answer to this Complaint and “That this Court has the power to direct that the accused person be brought to answer to the Complaint. That this Complaint is made in good faith.”

Petitions IGP

Earlier in a statement issued through their lawyer yesterday, the plaintiffs said they had already petitioned the Inspector-General of Police to promptly investigate the APC flag-bearer, pointing out that an investigation they personally conducted revealed that Buhari never sat for the West African Examination Council examination in 1961 as he claimed…

“In bringing the present criminal complaint against General Buhari, we are guided by truth and utmost regard to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which we swore as lawyers to uphold in all circumstances and against all manner of persons even under pain of death.

“We cannot sit and allow a man who told brazen lies on oath just to get clearance to run for the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ride on the back of all Nigerians simply by displaying a façade of anti–corruption credentials. The basic question is — what moral justification will such a man have to tackle the menace of corruption in our society if he eventually wins, since his entire aspiration was built on a heap of corruption.?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/certificate-saga-documents-inec-buhari/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 28, 2015
[size=18pt]CIRCUS[/size]

28 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Walspring: 2:52am On Jan 28, 2015
God will help us oo
Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by shikshark: 3:00am On Jan 28, 2015
mikeansy:
[size=18pt]CIRCUS[/size]
u get it walahi

1 Like

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by ziccoit: 3:04am On Jan 28, 2015
mikeansy:
[size=18pt]CIRCUS[/size]

Yes my brother. Everything is in circus. No wonder Nigeria has perpetually failed to become a nation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by nationwide1(m): 3:13am On Jan 28, 2015
Will Buhari appear in court or send legal representative? I doubt. For him, he's bigger than Nigeria. Did he appear before Oputa panel? This man has no respect for rule of law when it affects him directly. His respect for rule of law is when it affects other people, especially non-fulani.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by candidbabe(f): 5:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari the joker of 2015.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by lilbabyak(m): 6:05am On Jan 28, 2015
kai I don't know maybe to call Buhari a celebrity or a superstar. anyway

Sai GMB
sai APC

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by autotrader014(m): 6:19am On Jan 28, 2015
lilbabyak:
kai I don't know maybe to call Buhari a celebrity or a superstar. anyway

Sai GMB
sai APC
Mugu..

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 6:33am On Jan 28, 2015
This Buhari is a very funny man.

At first he said his documents as filled in his form are with the military. He then made a U turn to say it's with his school after the military denied him. When it was discovered that the principal didn't have the genuine certificate, he's now making another U turn, this time around he's saying his documents are with INEC grin.

This man is a confused man grin. He thinks INEC will save him. He'll be surprised how INEC will deny him just the way the military denied him grin.

Buhari, just do the needful and show your certificate. I want to know if you even wrote WASC. Don't worry, I won't laugh much if I discover you had F9 all through. I will only laugh small grin

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by emalek86(m): 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
we ask for certificate but you keep refering us to all government agency, from army to cambridge to katsina now back to inec, I should be careful of what I say o, lest you refer them to me that am now the person with your certificate. Mtcheew failbuhari

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
My documents with IBB
My documents with Secretary of Military Board
My documents with WAEC
My documents with School Principal
My documents with Cambridge
My documents with INEC

What next??

My documents with ___________?
A) Berem
B) Bacarnista
C) Liar Muhammed
D) Shekau

Sai Thieficate. grin grin grin

159 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by suxes2005(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Sai Buhari

Haters, go to court smiley

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by davdandam(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
angry if buhari cannot come clean to the public about ordinary certificate, I wonder what will happen when he's elected as president

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by teemanbastos(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
GMB WISEST FELLOW EVER..!
Gej attacking personalities and making Noises.

GMB IGNORING AND BEING MATURED cos he knows
"empty barrels make the loudest noise"

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by datguru: 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari has already lost the 2015 elections even if he win

Ask me how

Now, it is clear to all and sundry that this man has
committed perjury, meaning he took an oath for something
that does not exist. He said his certificate is with the military
but its no there, that's a lie and this offense can fetch one 14
years in prison so even if INEC allows buhari to contest and
Win, it will all end in court and GEJ takes over.
This confirms pastor suleman's prophecy.

grin grin grin

Kai buhari

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2015
Liar. Buhari the FORGER!... THE DESPOT!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by BokoHaramm: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2015
GMB has alzheimers then

4 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by eleojo23: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2015
The way this certificate issue has been handled brings his integrity to question. Why all this beating about the bush?

A man of integrity would handle it this way: 'You want my certificate? Fine, here it is' And he will produce it for all to see thereby clearing every doubt.

But in this case, what we have is a picture of someone desperately trying to avoid or cover up something.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Mogidi: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari is playing with 14yrs imprisonment, but why did this illiterate think he can scam a nation of 160million?

By the time he completes his sentence he'd be 87yrs, I wish him long life.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by PrinceMario(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2015
Great reply from the people's general;

“This is the first time, INEC by law has got those
documents and they said they have got them. So,
anybody who has any different view should go to
court. I think they have gone to court. So, let
them remain there.”

Let remain in court till after 'may 29' swearing in.

Our mind is made up already,let general tender sanitary paper,me and my family will still vote him.
What has the President Jonathan achieve with his Phd(though we heard he's a Phd dropout) for six solid years.

Sai Buhari.

34 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by celeron40(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2015
Sai Buhari..

8 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Barselonia(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2015
Dear Compatriots, Vote your conscience. Don't be
manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask
him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve
King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under
Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is
it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good
governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they
share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want
donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a
Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the
religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists,
they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them
contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to
Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but
they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it
comes to politics back home, they say they want to
"ISLAMIZE" you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual
consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to
vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that
he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a
"Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him
because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government,
not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless
Nigeria.

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by CharlieMaria(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2015
ok
Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by BokoHaramm: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari needs to stop messing with our brains, why can't he show the certificate or better still show us Zahra own because I'm sure the daughter also swore an affidavit and depose it with APC to get admission into her London school

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by Barselonia(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2015
To Jonathan,
power is sweet,
money is gotten,
fame is made,
what is needed?
Nothing but change.
To PDP,
stealing is killing,
money is missing,
we are dieing,
crying and bleeding,
all is enough,
peace is needed.
To Buhari,
you are needed,
wanted and honest,
dont be ruthless,
when you're voted,
all is pleaded,
change must happen.
To APC,
Buhari is needed,
not for stealing,
change is needed,
peace is wanted,
thanks for chosing,
the change that we pleaded.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by damola311: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Grand Pa buhari is not truthful

Certificate with Army
Certificate with school
Sworn affidavit
Now, the F9 certificate is with inec

Smh

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by micolaj: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2015
It's is
Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by jomoh: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2015
Finally
Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Will Buhari appear in court or send legal representative? I doubt. For him, he's bigger than Nigeria. Did he appear before Oputa panel? This man has no respect for rule of law when it affects him directly. His respect for rule of law is when it affects other people, especially non-fulani.
Was IBB there?

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari by searay(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenechukwu Okeke, Lawyer Who Sued #EndSARS Protesters Suspected Of Being Fake / My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi / PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.