Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” (29975 Views)

Missing Budget: APC Reacts To Call For Buhari's Impeachment / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by ernal1: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2015
Since the Election time-table was released up til nw, the security agents could nt provide adequate security for the Election process. So u tell me, what will they do with mere 6wks. MAGIC Abi!

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 9:40am On Feb 08, 2015
braine:
my brother, what have they been doing for the past 5 years? There was chaos in 2010, yet the elections held in 2011. They've known of the election time table since it came out over a year ago. This insecurity excuse is not just it, its a very lame one. After they saw that the PVC collection wouldn't hold water, they decided to use this. PDP will fail.

And I 'STRONGLY DISAGREE' with you unless you tell me that YOU have been to the troubled North-East to see the carnage, mayhem and barbarism being perpetrated by BOKO-HARAM terrorists!

We can't just sit elsewhere in the country in the midst of peace/relative comfort and say otherwise that its a gimmick/ploy on the part of the military and otherwise.

I stayed up and saw the briefing from Jega last night and I believe we should allow the military create the enabling environment first and then Nigerians can have their say come March, 28.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by mrnuur(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2015
In the midst of Bombs,bullets and apprehension,successful elections took place in Pakistan,Columbia ,Iraq,Afghanistan,Egypt,Ukraine,Lebanon,Syria,DRC; In the midst of threats,elections were held in Sri Lanka,Venezuela,Tunisia,South Sudan;in the midst of sanctions,election was held in Iran,Russia and Cuba;In the midst of economic chaos,elections were held in Greece;in the midst of natural disasters elections took place in Haiti;The juice of flimsy excuses is produced from the crushed fruit of lies.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by crackhouse(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:
They can only delay destining but they can't destroy it.

We have to remain calm in the face of provocation no matter how confrontational they come.

I know one thing that is sure, Jonathan is towing the path of Lawrence Gbagbo. Jonathan doesn't have the number in this election. One million Jonathan cannot stop the March to Change.

#MarchtoChange!!
just wait they will soon change it to April let me see whether it will be #Apriltochange#
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

WHAT MUST BE - MUST BE. . . cool cool

THEY CAN ONLY DELAY IT - BUT CANT DENY IT!

THE CHANGE WE ALL DESIRE HAS COME HOME TO ROOST!

#MARCH4BUHARI! cool cool

lets hope you people don't end up marching till May 29, 2019! Goodluck to you guys all the same!
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Bekwarra(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2015
nijanigga:

which soldiers, the ones running from boko harams ? Nigerian military is a disgrace, see how chad are dealing with boko haram -handiwork of your master gej.
GEJ is our master as of today. He's not God but God has made some people lords over others.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tolu4you: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2015
I was a pro-GEJ. check all my posts and comments for verification.
But why PDP and GEJ afraid of febuhari 14?
why giving us flimsy excuse? Six weeks to tackle bokoharam?
bokoharam they can tackle for more than 4years. something is
smelling fishy here. Gej pushed me on febuhari to march for
buhari..... shame on nigeria military.
Team Buhari congratulate me for this....
Team gej, follow me to march for Buhari
team #ihavedecided
sai baba
sai Buhari
sai march4buhari
sai change
sai one nigeria

4 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 9:50am On Feb 08, 2015
Akon419:
what do u know about constitution

I was going to ask her the exact same question too.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by nwaanambra1(m): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2015
starlingbawa:

lets hope you people don't end up marching till May 29, 2019! Goodluck to you guys all the same!

is that the game plan? undecided undecided
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by toyoutoyou: 9:54am On Feb 08, 2015
The moment the name Goodluck is pronounced or heard by any reasonable person that loves dignity and morality,it irritates so much and the feeling of hatred sets in.Goodluck was a man that won 2011 election on a platter of gold without working too hard to have the support of the masses(Yoruba,Christian Hausaa,and all the ibos)just because people believe he is a saint and he could deliver,not knowing that he is worse than even all the cursed politicians who are so corrupt.An average Nigerian from a well trained home hates corruption and since Goodluck has proven to people that he is just like all the cursed politicians,definitely,he will be hated by reasonable Nigerians who are more concerned about the positive impact of the government in Nigeria.Goodluck has failed and anytime his name is heard,hatred is the only feelings reasonable Nigerians will forever have for him.
datribune:

U need to keep things in perspective. d Igbo support GEJ because they can not rise above bigotry. Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion voted massively 4 GEJ but he squandered their goodwill on d alter of ineptitude & corruption.
Realizing this, entreaties were made to all political parties to join hands in a grand alliance to form a major opposition to d PDP & save nigeria frm d evil grip of corruption. Unfortunately there was a problem - while other tribes will in d national interest withdraw their support frm even theirs if cited for corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence, ndigbo will rather support even barefaced crimininalty as far as it is perpetrated by an igbo or as in dis case an Azikiwe whom they see as theirs. dis is shortsighted.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tmanuelle(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Yet your not buharist

Am still saying the same thing that you and your kinds lack what it takes to discuss issues like these with this your level of reasoning.

When has my lack of support for Jonathan translate to being a Buhari's supporter?

As a matter of fact, I refused to go and get my PVC or transfer it to Ondo State from Delta State because I registered in Warri. Though I work in Benin which is close enough, but I am just not a fan of all these madness going on around here if you must know.

Thank you.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by ahizih(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

QUOTE ME AGAIN AND YOU WILL DIE BEFORE #MARCH4BUHARI

BLOODY GOAT! angry angry
So becux of politics u've decided to wish death for anoda human being,u're now God dat takes away one's lyf, too bad. Is ur type dat we are tryin to avoid durin dis election,u goin extreme wit ur support 4 dos selfish politicians which u sef can't even trust. Be wise and accept peace,wish no one death! Happy sunday
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2015
saintandsinnerz:
Why do yorubas hate gej so much? Almost all the yorubas I know hate gej and when you ask them why, some will say he marginalized the yorubas, some will say he is corrupt! While Some are just buying into the gej-hate bandwagon just for d sake of it. No tangible reason!

Yoruba hate Jonathan? You're wrong,very wrong. Jonathan's declining popularity stems primarily from his obvious lack of capacity to manage this Country effectively. You've just confirmed it yourself that this government has successfully polarised the country along tribal lines. Why would a whole tribe hate Jonathan? They do not hate Jonathan but corruptions and obvious lack of progress which Jonathan's government is not addressing and that is what they hate.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 10:01am On Feb 08, 2015
tatosh:

Yoruba's are thinking people and GEJ has been very corrupt, inept, clueless, dictatorial, manipulative etc.

If you have a president that has these traits and more and you still love him, then you need to check yourself.

And I guess Obasanjo (A THINKING YORUBA MAN) was 100% devoid of everything you just accused GEJ of, while he was president of this country for 8 years
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tonychristopher: 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
tmanuelle:

Am still saying the same thing that you and your kinds lack what it takes to discuss issues like these with this your level of reasoning.

When has my lack of support for Jonathan translate to being a Buhari's supporter?

As a matter of fact, I refused to go and get my PVC or transfer it to Ondo State from Delta State because I registered in Warri. Though I work in Benin which is close enough, but I am just not a fan of all these madness going on around here if you must know.

Thank you.

Just a simple question. And you give an epistle for an answer

Brevity is the soul of wit

Your buharist from my deduction and that us your right and I will not hate you for that

Just tell your people to stop the Lagos crowd again

It happened in 1960s do your research
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
datribune:

U need to keep things in perspective. d Igbo support GEJ because they can not rise above bigotry. Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion voted massively 4 GEJ but he squandered their goodwill on d alter of ineptitude & corruption.
Realizing this, entreaties were made to all political parties to join hands in a grand alliance to form a major opposition to d PDP & save nigeria frm d evil grip of corruption. Unfortunately there was a problem - while other tribes will in d national interest withdraw their support frm even theirs if cited for corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence, ndigbo will rather support even barefaced crimininalty as far as it is perpetrated by an igbo or as in dis case an Azikiwe whom they see as theirs. dis is shortsighted.

Just the way the Igbos supported Obasanjo, when the Yorubas left him with the short end of the stick. Just the way the Igbos supported Yaradua instead of Buhari.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tonychristopher: 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
ahizih:
So becux of politics u've decided to wish death for anoda human being,u're now God dat takes away one's lyf, too bad. Is ur type dat we are tryin to avoid durin dis election,u goin extreme wit ur support 4 dos selfish politicians which u sef can't even trust. Be wise and accept peace,wish no one death! Happy sunday

They are terrible
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by ultimate77(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU DIEING OR LIVING SHA! BUT YOU SAID MARCH-AURY SO NA YOU GET MORTUARY ME I SAY #MARCH4BUHARI AND NA ME GET THAT ONE! cheesy cheesy

WHATEVER A MAN ASKS FOR IS WHAT HE SHALL GET! cheesy cheesy

SHIKINA! grin grin

MEANWHILE, ABEG STOP MENTIONING ME - I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO PDP-MARCHTUARY! angry

u arte a bush gay hops u know vat
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by anonimi: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2015
eyenibibio:
APC desperately hungry for power since 1999. They shud park well and let us march4GEJ.
-
-
Bad belle is allowed.

PDP needs to learn to seize the INITIATIVE for catchy slogans and tunes from APCheat because that is all the Thief'nuibu cabal has to offer as they hope their "expired" leader can be sold AS IS like a used faulty car sold by a mischievous car dealer to unknowing clients.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095356_10393710102048192156536297078442670364648014n_jpegbc511c63a9ef5cca1aa8d667aa621469

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by anibestlala(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2015
kodded:

try the fake link
March forward... Jona March
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Caseless: 10:05am On Feb 08, 2015
April4th:
Ke sera sera
sure.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by ribbit: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2015
kolaaderin:

Most hate him because of his clueless style of government. His under performance is what put me off, I will give him just 10% which is an out right failure. And if u ask a typical Igbo of why they support jona, all they could bring out is that they felt buhari jailed their ancestors and he is a Muslim therefore do not tolerate a Muslim in a circular nation like Nigeria and also they want revenge for the anscestor even though they were jailed on a just cause leaving the fact that other regions of the country also shared in the act. On summary, igbo root for ethnoreligious bigotery which you will never see the Yoruba's doing at the face of national responsibility of saving the country from a comfirmed failure called GEJ.
Even though they believes GMB might not perform to expectation, its a question of moral to reward GEJ failure with success in the coming poll, the moral signal is bad for the future of this country cause failures will always felt they still got chance on our national wealth, hence the likes of Akala and Alameshia contesting for governor in Oyo and senate in bayelsa respecticely. We say no more squandering of national wealth to this class of slowpokes.
SAI BUHARI and if he failed to standard by 2019, we will replace him as there should be no excuse for failure at such a sensitive position which determines the faith of u and I. #jonaburntthebridgeofnoreturn.
totally on point...

but learn to use paragraph.

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
TI1919:
[color=#990000][/color]Do we have to worry about election postponement? We should wait for that day and pray to God to help us see that day, cast our vote and whoever win we will appreciate God and move on with our daily activity...

A simple, concise and un-biased post. God bless you mightily!!!
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tmanuelle(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
starlingbawa:

And I guess Obasanjo (A THINKING YORUBA MAN) was 100% devoid of everything you just accused GEJ of, while he was president of this country for 8 years

And that sounds like a good moral justification to continually support a corrupt government, with lack of capacity to lead this country?

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2015
Bekwarra:

Do the needful. Wait for them on the road.

I'm tempted to say exactly! grin grin grin
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by saintandsinnerz: 10:11am On Feb 08, 2015
tmanuelle:

You have said nothing in your post.

You can't genralize issues like this based on your singular opinion which is propagated by your level of reasoning.

But that aside, you mentioned three things which in your own thinking believes is 'their' reasons for not buying into Jonathan anymore as against the massive support he had from the Yoruba land four years ago.

I want you to be sincere to your self by answering these three questions, not to me, no to this great forum but to your self.

(1) Has the Yorubas not been marginalized?

(2) Is the Jonathan GOVERNMENT not corrupt with him being at the helms of affair? Mind you, I didn't say Jonathan as person is corrupt, yes,
I can't categorically say that right now.

(3) Do you really think its a bad idea to shift your support and backing away from a dissappointment you once supported if you have enough reasons to? If NO, you can look into your third reason again.

I am not a Buharist, neither am I a Jonathanian

I am a Nigerian, a Patriot, then a Yoruba

Be a patriot, be a Nigerian.

Thank you.

Nice points you have raised bro, in fact the corruption in Nigeria is so pervasive that I'm afraid it will never abate even if an angel rule Nigeria! However, it will be totally unfair to single out gEJ govt. As if they are the only cause of it. Remember, during obasanjo regime we have far more serious corruption scandal that even the transparency international rated us as the second most corrupt country in the world! What I'm saying is that the corruption in Gej govt. Is exaggerated for political reasons.
Coming to issue of marginalisation, really I don't know if that is true. no region will tell you they are not marginalized. I was speaking a friend from abia state yesterday and he told me he will not Vite for Gej cos he has not done anything for them.
The reason why I asked that question was my experience with my colleagues which are mainly yorubas, when we discuss about Gej, some will say they hate him cos he is corrupt, some will say cos he has marginalized the yorubas. While a few others will just say they don't just like the man.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by olajide8(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2015
saintandsinnerz:
Why do yorubas hate gej so much? Almost all the yorubas I know hate gej and when you ask them why, some will say he marginalized the yorubas, some will say he is corrupt! While Some are just buying into the gej-hate bandwagon just for d sake of it. No tangible reason!
Yorubas don't hate GeJ* stop brewing ethnic politics - grow up*
We detest incompetence - and we buy superior arguments - tell me why I should vote for him if he scores 50points then an average yoruba man - would vote him, we are enlightened and cannot be swayed by featrics, or sentiments we are way past that - we detest corruption (we turn corrupt people amongst us to parriers ask fani kayode, he is a nobody to an average Southwesterner* and we work hard* that's why you see everyone wanting to live in the south west* and you have to practically go to lagos to get a job- so come with superior arguments and not child talk* and sell your person* if not - don't insult our sensibilities. In fact insult your sensibilities it's your problem cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
arinzeuba:
APC members is feeling that they are the only political party in nigeria. Postponed or no postponed PDP will still win,in GEJ we trust and stand. Our dynamic president carry GOOOOO and continue your good work for nigeria
den if he blindly believed he is gonna win y prospone d poll in d name of northern insugence or abstractly, y look 4 sutle means 2 blackmail his rival..u r about as presumtious as a local weatherman

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2015
eyenibibio:
APC desperately hungry for power since 1999. They shud park well and let us march4GEJ.
-
-
Bad belle is allowed.
its persons like dats pullin us backwards democratically speakin,, where apc ppl r seekin 4 vivid change u re dere sitting duckli talkin about power...get busy bro

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by tmanuelle(m): 10:17am On Feb 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Just a simple question. And you give an epistle for an answer

Brevity is the soul of wit

Your buharist from my deduction and that us your right and I will not hate you for that

Just tell your people to stop the Lagos crowd again

It happened in 1960s do your research

...from your deduction? What makes you think people reckon with your deductions?

An epistle for the simplest of questions may not be too bad for clarity in your case, you really need it.

Fvck Buhari, fvck Jonathan, fvck the polls until we start learning to vote without sentiments.

Guy go to church or just try and get busy.
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by braine(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
starlingbawa:

And I 'STRONGLY DISAGREE' with you unless you tell me that YOU have been to the troubled North-East to see the carnage, mayhem and barbarism being perpetrated by BOKO-HARAM terrorists!

We can't just sit elsewhere in the country in the midst of peace/relative comfort and say otherwise that its a gimmick/ploy on the part of the military and otherwise.

I stayed up and saw the briefing from Jega last night and I believe we should allow the military create the enabling environment first and then Nigerians can have their say come March, 28.
And what happens status quo remains the order of the day at the end of the 6 weeks? What then? The election would be cancelled?
Re: APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” by starlingbawa(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
tmanuelle:

And that sounds like a good moral justification to continually support a corrupt government, with lack of capacity to lead this country?

No it doesn't. I was only trying to correct a wrong impression.
Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mama Peace Dancing Live In Onitsha(pictures) / JTF And Abuja Taxi Drivers Clash This Morning (pictures) / You Are A Danger To Our Democracy- Oby Comes For Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.