Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja (27943 Views)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Aregbesola Worships With Bishops In Osogbo Church / Buhari Meets With Catholic Bishops In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 12, 2015
this is a classic
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by coldFLARES1(m): 12:46am On Feb 12, 2015
Heffalump:
For those easily brain watched, what was GMB's comment when he lost the presidential election of 2011 and Christians were attacked and killed in the North? He kept mute, meaning yeah kill those infidels who made me loose. All these sweet things he's pouring now, he didn't say them at that time to calm tension? This dude didn't challenge the situation then, at least to prove his love for the innocent souls being terminated.
However, he was deeply saddened because he lost in the free and fair election of which the people decided. And so hell must be let loose.
He also accused the FG openly for using military to fight BH so that he could use it as weak point for the government. So many things to say about this old grand pa. The past is hunting him like the hunter's dog. We cannot forget GMB in a flash because we needed a change. We all need change but certainly, not for Buhari.
What was Jonathan's reaction when Nyanya was bombed? He went grooving. What was his reaction when hundreds of school girls were kidnapped? Said it was a ruse and went rocking a woman on stage in Kano (afterall e no affect that him son wen dey chop 1bn food. Somebody said the boy's name is Subsidy)..
U should drop all these demonizing so people can dispassionately appraise these years Mr Jonathan dazzled us with his technological rulership: e-wallet, e-prison,IPPIS, technology for fighting corruption etc
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by Caseless: 1:10am On Feb 12, 2015
ndcide:
Absolute BULL..!
this man said Muslims should vote Muslims only.

This man never showed statesmanship when Churches were being bombed. it is at the eleventh hour he's saying all this bleeding crap because he wants vote. This man have not spoken against boko haram. he simply politically blames the FG and add some soft lines to show condemnation.

Abeg he should relax.if he is not President nothing will happen.
illiterate this is what he says to your likes:

Because they have no record, they must seek to destroy our own; and because they have no integrity, they feel they must impugn our own. - Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(2015).

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by cinche(m): 7:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Le t tow the line of peace

Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by Jobig(m): 8:47am On Feb 12, 2015
The true change we Nigerians seek,is when all past generals that rule this belove country is gone.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 12, 2015
Dat was d same old man, dat said he will islamize naija in his lecture in kaduna, d same man dat asked muslim to vote for muslims, and north shld vote for north. Does dis idiot feels we are dumb, instead for d man to apologize hez saying he never said dat, somtin he openly said on air and it was recorded. Like d guy is suffering from memory loss or hez just a cheap liar!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by ndcide(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2015
Caseless:
illiterate this is what he says to your likes:

Because they have no record, they must seek to destroy our own; and because they have no integrity, they feel they must impugn our own. - Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(2015).

What are you now saying?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by glory2glory: 11:07am On Feb 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I believe Jonathan and TANoids after readin this message will shed tears because they will all regret propagating false # AIT. and NTA.

Seun lalasticlala ishilove . Abegg you guys in the name if whatever God you worship, Please let the world know about this GMB's stance on religious, let those who have fallen to the lies and propaganda of PDPs know the truth in other for them to be freed. Thank u.

That is if they still have conscience. These people have seared their consciences with hot iron.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by glory2glory: 11:09am On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=ndcide post=30637125]Absolute BULL..!
this man said Muslims should vote Muslims only.

This man never showed statesmanship when Churches were being bombed. it is at the eleventh hour he's saying all this bleeding crap because he wants vote. This man have not spoken against boko haram. he simply politically blames the FG and add some soft lines to show condemnation.

Abeg he should relax.if he is not President nothing will happen.[/quote
Link to where and when he said it.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by emmamaxi2(m): 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Alhaji Buhari had and have never meant well for Nigeria. My argument is this: even if he is the best president Nigeria will ever have, let him give #chance to younger and vibrant Nigerians to express their leadership skills. He has taken a shot at leadership while in the military. What we are clamoring for is #chance4youths.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by IbnuUche(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Onye kpo nkita bia churchi

He will soon wear cassock and start serving mass
Small time e go open mouth receive holy communion all in the name of trying to appear tolerant
ara gbagbuo gi!
is these all you can comprehend in the whole article ?wise up & reason with brain. join the change train now! nigeran have decided &will #MARCH4GMBuhari 2015. atuolu omalu omalu, atuolu ofeke ofenye isi no ofia.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by IbnuUche(m): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:
While I have never believed that anyone will ever Islamize nigeria, there's no denying that buhari said all the things he is accused of. They were carried in our national dailies. He never denied them then, why now?

I don't expect him to own up on any of the allegations but was there any time Buhari condemned the Boko Haram? Has he not always blamed the south and the Govetnment for being responsible for the insurgency?

We have heard you general. We forgive your past wickedness but don't try to fool Christians by going from church to church. When we were massacred in the past, you didn't say anything. When a few Fulani herdsmen were killed in the west, you led a high powered delegation to the west to demand for answers.

General Buhari, you are a hypocrite. You hate the south. Why did you cancel the Lagos Metro Rail project? We seem to forget that Lagos was the capital of Nigeria then, so the Metro Rail was for the benefit of all nigerians and not the SW only. I hate double standards. Goodluck may never be the best but Buhari is nothing near an alternative. A clueless Jona is better than a 72 year old grandpa who is suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disoder(NPD). For those who may not know, NPD is a mental disease common to most tyrants and some individuals. They have a false belief that they are entitled to special privileges and that the rules of society apply to everyone else but not to them.

Buhari's case of NPD is chronic. Since 1961, he has been enjoying the quota system while the rest of the people have to work their tails off to survive. Someone please tell the old man to go home and rest, and give the youth a chance. We can't reward every coup plotter with the presidency.

I crave change but what APC has to offer is like running away from home because you are angry with your wife, to a harlot. That's not change.
nonsencetical rubbiiiiish!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by Adamo84(m): 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
dazdilijae:

Did Buhari accept the statement of voting 4 Muslim by Muslims? That d point in the link simple and clear
Did you read my post at all I don't think so, please read my post and correct yourself
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by coolscott(m): 12:23am On Feb 13, 2015
cuteoly:
People no longer see the truth because of all this politicians. Let's be sincere, if Goodluck isn't gaining anytin from all this fraudsters he is working with, he would hv let them face the punishment for embezzlement. I supported him in 2011 but this time around, I will have to be careful in choosing who to support. Let us the youth stop attacking ourselves because of all these old men, it's our future they r toiling with. I wonder why APC didnt give us Rochas, a man that has really done so well for his people as a Governor.

[size=13pt]It is not a matter of Jonathan gaining from the corrupt people.

When Goodluck came in, he knew he would shake up the place too much (and make it difficult for him to lead) if he started going after the corrupt people. Actually, they would have begun fighting him from the start. Let's face it, it's mainly a crowd of corrupt people constituting our polity. There was no way Goodluck would have come out that way (with guns blazing).

He chose however, to eliminate corruption in such a way that no one would feel singled out. That is why he chose to end subsidy - instead of just clamping down on those found guilty of messing things up.

To eliminate Ghost workers, he implemented the INTEGRATED PAYROLL AND PERSONNEL INFORMATION SYSTEM (IPPIS), eliminating 40,000 ghost workers. This way, no one is fished out for this fraud that has been going on for years. Without having conflicts with anyone, they are all flushed away from the system. Can you imagine how much money is being saved (40,000 federal workers' salaries) every month? After 12 months, what does that amount to?

The same thing has been applied to the agricultural sector in the distribution of fertilizer. Now, the farmers are getting their fertilizer and although they didn't go after the thieves that have been stealing for years, the loot is now out of their reach.

This method just puts the money out of the reach of the thieving people in authority.

Unfortunately, because we cannot appreciate this, we fail to see that all we need to do is find more ways to implement this in more and more parts of our polity and we would have dealt more heavy blows to corruption in Nigeria.

I believe this is what president Goodluck Jonathan asssumed would be apparent to us all but as it turns out, while accusing him of being dumb, it would seem he is more intellectually advanced than his critics, who just went ahead and criticized him for saying he was fighting corruption with technology.

The more I look into the matter, the less respect I have for those that jumped into the fray and criticized him on account of that statement. [/size]
Re: Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja by ndcide(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
jaybee:

Please quote exactly what he said, where he said it and any verifiable reference to the statement. or else you are just another f00l

glory2glory:
[/quote]

[quote author=Caseless post=30649448]illiterate this is what he says to your likes:

Now read this article and tell me what the intent and spirit behind it is.

it is clearly divisive. a vintage GMB.

m.allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html/

allAfrica.com: Nigeria: 2003:
Buhari Urges Muslims to Vote
Upholders Islam
By Isah Ibrahim Maru
Gusau — As the year 2003 elections draw closer,
former Head of State, General Muhammadu
Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the
country to vote only for the presidential
candidate that would defend and uphold the
tenets of Islam.
Buhari who made the call yesterday at the
closing ceremony of the 16th National Qur'anic
Recitation competition held in Gusau, Zamfara
State told Muslims that they have every reason
to thank Allah for restoring the Islamic Sharia
under the present dispensation, which he said
was destroyed by British colonialists during their
crusade in 1903 against the Sokoto caliphate.
The former president therefore advised Muslims
not to vote for any candidate that would not
protect the interest of their religion. "I wish
Muslims of Nigeria will cooperate, unite and
sustain themselves under one ambrella. Because
of what we are facing election, this year and next
year, this is the best time to repeat what I said
in Sokoto," Buhari stated.

"Since the colonialists over threw our Islamic
way of life in 1903 and 1904, our lifestyle was
changed, and we forget our religion and our good
culture," he maintained.
He explained that this was the only way they
could guarantee the spread of Islam which is a
religion of peace and harmony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally / Femi Fani-Kayode With His Wife And 4 Sons (Photos) / Peter Odili Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.