Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials (28899 Views)

EXPOSED: Toughest Question Buhari Asks That The Service Chiefs Could Not Answer / APC Radio: Arrest & Question Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi; PDP Tells DSS / We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by hansad: 11:59am On Feb 12, 2015
safarigirl:
There is no section of the constitution that requires Buhari to submit anything.

The section requires prood of having a certificate ie, even if it's just a classmate that says he attended the same college as Buhari, that's proof enough. The certificate it's self was never required

Figments of your own imagination. Tell yourself this: a prospective employer shall employ you when you show him your classmate as evidence that you have the level of education he expects you to have?

Note: only proof that you attended secondary school is by showing your secondary school leaving certificate - or remedy, if the original certificate is lost.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by boujaye: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=20pt]Buhari of 1984/85 is not the same Buhari of today,
this man has grossly depreciated in faculty and idea.

Nigerians vote wisely!

GEJ is OK ... regret only![/size]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by abbey621(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
This is not new to me or any well meaning Nigerian. It's only those religious/tribal/sentimental people that would continue focusing on certificate, as if running a country is by certificate, we can all see where a PHD holder has led us. Seriously, we need to talk more about unemployment, security, the economy and so on. I will gladly vote PDP if they can show me a viable, concise plan for the next four years, I will vote for them if they can show me a plan that is different from what we have witnessed since 2011. Let's put all these certificate issues and other propaganda aside, its just a waste of time!
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Toongexa(m): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

abeg make I hear word for una......... the military has denied having his certificate.
APC with their Chicago FORGER, brought a nonsens statement of result, when we asked for a certificate? Is it too much for a presidential candidate to do, to clear the airs for Nigerians. Whether he wins or not.
The same OBJ that foisted GEJ and sick Yaradua on us?
Abeg make we hear something.
As it's clearly apparent your inference skills are severely lacking so I'll summarise my points.
1. If Buhari indeed took the WASC exam, he should get another copy of the result.
2. If Buhari did not take the WASC exam, he should have said so from the begining.
3. If he entered the military by a surety, he should have clarified that he doesn't have the WASC.
4. The military may be playing politics by saying they don't have his records.
5. And most importantly, APC should have fielded a candidate with no controversies surrounding him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Eluwilussit(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
safarigirl:
There is no section of the constitution that requires Buhari to submit anything.

The section requires prood of having a certificate ie, even if it's just a classmate that says he attended the same college as Buhari, that's proof enough. The certificate it's self was never required

My dear safari girl, u are wrong. What you just described is what is called hearsay. So if I told you that Buhari didn't pass his exams, wouldn't you ask me to prove it? You prove with evidence. Not talk. Why is it so difficult for Buhari to tender his credentials? Wouldn't it save everyone some time? Girl, if you don't know that the presidency is a job before now, please do. You don't get any reasonable job on affidavit or hearsay.

Like I have always said, I have no doubt that he is educated enough, but that's besides the point. GMB is supposed to represent change. He has just started on the wrong lane.

I hope after this cert saga, the INEC law should be amended as regards qualifications. At least a first degree should be the benchmark. Guys with first degree are wasting away in the streets and someone with WASC can be president? That is absurd.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Jesusloveyou: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
ckc:
Also tell people shouting corruption this corruption that to bring proof and stop being stupidly sentimental about an irritating old man that wants to rule Nigeria by all means. When his issues are raised, people like u r fast to defend but when it comes GEJ it is cruficy him. Nonsense!
u saTANiod are d one shouting,u said tinubu and amaechi are corrupt without evidence,but we 'CAN' have 101 evidence to jail gej corrupt regime when buhari come on board.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
What do you expect from .....when you move to a tout community for fight ........ (proverb)

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Then how did he get enlisted naaaa..
Without WAEC
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
kennygee:
Na Baba give GMB masters?

We are still asking for his primary school certificate baba is talking masters.

Na Baba go still ruin that party called APC.
abeg free the don, he has an atom of truth in what he said.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by tuniski: 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Obasanjo on d 28th of march 2015 will be buried politically in Nigeria.
you are so on point! He has lost it and is fighting his last battle. He will certainly be defeated along side Buhari and alll bitter people ganging up! GEJ till 2019 is unstoppable!!
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by onatisi(m): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
zantama05:
good job baba Iyabo. may you lunch more bookkiss
obasanjo never said it is an insult to query buhari academic records ,he said it is an insult to query him (obj) about his academic records after the numerous books he has written .
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
It is indeed but reasonable electorate can see beyond that cheap divertive and frankly desperate ploy to devalue an Ex Leader.

While I won't vote for him because his campaign spammed my email address from here but asking for his certificate is akin to asking a driver upon safely getting to a destination his drives license.

Only Nigerians can allow themselves to be so easily sidetracked.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
tuniski:
you are so on point! He has lost it and is fighting his last battle. He will certainly be defeated along side Buhari and alll bitter people ganging up! GEJ till 2019 is unstoppable!!
so annoying hearing children dat ve not even reached d legal age of voting shouting change. Dis man at d age of 72, wad kind of change can he bring or give to us. Babies re like change, forgetting dat tinubu is in charge of d change, d asiwaju of corruption in africa.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Anybody that Obasanjo supports is someone to avoid.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by pgidex(f): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
Baba should go and die. Certificate is not important na em baba dey hustle to get certificate from national open university....... Shiorrrr yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by luiscarter(m): 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ till 2019 say no to buhari #marcHdownbuhari
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:
It is indeed but reasonable electorate can see beyond that cheap divertive and frankly desperate ploy to devalue an Ex Leader.

While I won't vote for him because his campaign spammed my email address from here but asking for his certificate is akin to asking a driver upon safely getting to a destination his drives license.

Only Nigerians can allow themselves to be so easily sidetracked.

So requiring a person that's aspiring to lead you in the future to follow due process is getting "sidetracked"?
How will this country move forward if nobody cares to do things the right way?
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
wallflower:

So requiring a person that's aspiring to lead you in the future to follow due process is getting "sidetracked"?
How will this country move forward if nobody cares to do things the right way?

That's my opinion.

He retired as a military leader and already served as leader of the country.

When he was risking his life and led his men personally to war against the maitatsine where were you and your rank of certificate mongers?

You and your types are a national distraction.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by sirrinky: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Same actors different story
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by AmaechiLinus(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
OBJ sense of reasoning is detoriated with his age, that is why he is a WANE today. Even GMB is not left out.
A normal human should count them and their words out of issues.
Vote P.D.P
Vote GEJ. God bless Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

That's my opinion.

He retired as a military leader and already served as leader of the country.

When he was risking his life and led his men personally to war against the maitatsine where were you and your rank of certificate mongers?

You and your types are a national distraction.

He was a dictator for crying out loud, these laws are made to prevent the breakdown of our government, and the primary reason why we've had so many coups and our nation is in this condition is because nobody cares about the rule of law.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by eagleeye2: 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
hansad:

The military is a family. Soldiers, whether retired or still serving do not maltreat one another. If Buhari's certificate is with the Nigerian army, serving soldiers would have since fished it out and return it to Buhari.

By the way, what stops Buhari from requesting for a copy of his certificate from the body that awarded it to him - if he truly seat for secondary school leaving certificate?

Truth is that :
1, Buhari did not complete secondary school, did not take WASC exam, but rushed to join the army with a testimonial from a school principal; OBJ more or less confirmed that with his {even if Buhari did not have WASC... }

2, Buhari knew he had no WASC when he deposed on oath that his certificate was with the military board.
When he brought in insult, I decided to stop the debate. Every person who passed through the four walls of a school, understands that Buhari perjured himself.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Immortality(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
An ICT company dealing in the supply and maintenance of computers and telecommunication equipment, based in Ikeja Lagos requires energetic and creative marketer developers for immediate employment:

Requirements:

•Minimum qualification -BSC/HND in any discipline

•Good communication and interpersonal skills

•Adequate field experience

•Not less than 30 years of age

•Ready to resume immediately with instant result

•Minimum of Four years cognate (ICT) marketing experience.

•Report presentation skills.

•Basic computer appreciation skill

Qualified candidates should send their detailed resume with their name and Position applied for as the subject to the following email address: Career@egclimited-online.com
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
wallflower:

He was a dictator for crying out loud, these laws are made to prevent the breakdown of our government, and the primary reason why we've had so many coups and our nation is in this condition is because nobody cares about the rule of law.

Do you realize the absurdity of you lot asking a retired major general his school certificate.

I ask again where were you all when he was climbing through the ranks?

We can see this as just a frantic ploy that has no sensible basis.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

Do you realize the absurdity of you lot asking a retired major general his school certificate.

I ask again where were you all when he was climbing through the ranks?

We can see this as just a frantic ploy that has no sensible basis.

He doesn't need a certificate to become a major general but he does to become President if he doesn't have one then he's not qualified.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by thunder74(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Even when Obasanjo was the BOT chairman of PDP and was fully campaigning for Jonathan in 2011, he lost to ACN in his ward.
Don't know why we over hyped the electoral value of this Yoruhausa man?
I only pity the youth who does not see the cult-like hypocrisy of these old and retired Generals.
We must rescue our nation, if they did well, Jonathan will have little or nothing to do.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by callmenow: 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
I can confirm that I was at the event in London last night. Firstly, OBJ denied that he endorsed Buhari. He confirmed that what he said in Nairobi, that Nigerian voters should vote based on people's track record. That he has not told anyone who he is supporting or going to vote for. That all those newspaper gossip about what he may or may not have said, is just speculation. Richard of RAS alluded to asked OBJ whether he agrees to a wikileaks report about a conversation between Robin Saunders, the Erstwhile U.S. ambassador during his administration and NUHU RIBADU that OBJ and his administration was very corrupt. He denied that nuhu RIBADU could have said such, because NUHU RIBADU investigated him and gave Him a clean testimonial. He stated that, if NUHU took part in that conversation, then NUHU would have been a fraudulent fellow. He went on to state that the local CAN president at chibok told him what happened at chibok that night. That the governor of Bornu would have known what is happening at the pertinent time. He also said that Jonathan administration should have known. After all he had been there as a president. That the time lag created the opportunity for Boko haram to take these girls. At no time did OBJ blame these Boko haram bigots. There was a question on Odi massacre, he studiously ignored the question. He blamed JONATHAN based on what and when he would have known what was happening. Essentially, he is saying that he was more effective president than JONATHAN. That he was learning on the job all the time. That he always goes to UN, ETC for help. By implication that Jonathan is not learning from others, etc. He is just navel gazing and divisive. I came away, believing that OBJ comments were designed for his book sales. It was conceited, vindictive and vainglorious
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Orunto: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
OBJ is passing a bigger Insult on Nigeria and its Democracy in his unwavering defence of GMB. What does he want that makes him feel that only GMB can supply? Is it because GMB is a retired soldier like him, following his theory that a Sergent is a better manager than a PHD civilian? What does he see in GEJ that makes him feel so strongly that GEJ is incorrigible? I pray, Let God be the Judge of us all. We all need repentance.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Akon419(m): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
timawoku:
Obj is a man of impeccable character capable of doing good and evil in equal proportion, its, however, unfortunate that mostly, the truth is coming from the devil, however, its still the truth.

#SAI BABA
#SAI BUHARI

'Like' if you know that buhari is not an illiterate and he will perform far better than 'literate' jonathan.

maybe impeachable character. He ruled for 8 years without any thing to show for it.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
wallflower:

He doesn't need a certificate to become a major general but he does to become President if he doesn't have one then he's not qualified.

He's qualified, fully.

He's done it before and he should be able to do it again.

The people of Nigeria are shell shocked and confused.

In any case my vote is for a military coup.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by callmenow: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
Orunto:
OBJ is passing a bigger Insult on Nigeria and its Democracy in his unwavering defence of GMB. What does he want that makes him feel that only GMB can supply? Is it because GMB is a retired soldier like him, following his theory that a Sergent is a better manager than a PHD civilian? What does he see in GEJ that makes him feel so strongly that GEJ is incorrigible? I pray, Let God be the Judge of us all. We all need repentance.

A lady asked him this question last night. She asked why Buhari should be contesting after being the head of state in the past. If OBJ loved Nigeria, is it not time for others to rule Nigeria? OBJ was there in 1970's and came back again. Why Buhari again? OBJ claimed that it is a free country. Any body can put himself or herself forward. OBJ became visibly angry that the lady asked the question in the first place.
Re: Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials by fctboy: 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
timawoku:
Obj is a man of impeccable character capable of doing good and evil in equal proportion, its, however, unfortunate that mostly, the truth is coming from the devil, however, its still the truth.

#SAI BABA
#SAI BUHARI

'Like' if you know that buhari is not an illiterate and he will perform far better than 'literate' jonathan.

New post on TransformationWatch

JONATHAN’S GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT – THEY WANT CHANGE
by TransformationWatch
1. Obasanjo’s government spent $16bn for power, and only achieved to change the name of NEPA to PHCN, yet some people and Obasanjo says Jonathan’s Government is corrupt.

2. Obasanjo’s government, Olusegun Obasanjo and Atiku Abubakar were involved in a $180m Hallibuton bribery scam that made world news, Yet Obasanjo says Jonathan’s Government is corrupt.

3. Obasanjo’s government, Obasanjo and Atiku spent about N1tn with Siemens for the production of National ID Card, with a N34bn bribery scam. I am yet to get mine, Yet Obasanjo says Jonathan is corrupt.

4. Bola Ahmed Tinubu used Babatunde Fashola to build 1 kilometer of road for N1.2bn, while Akpabio builds same for N120m. Yet Tinubu and Fashola says Jonathan is corrupt.

5. Bola Tinubu and Fashola spent $460 million (N55 billion at 2009 exchange rate of N118/$1) of tax payer’s money in the name of Lekki-Epe Concession Company (LCC) to build a toll gate, and yet taxed Lagosians even after claiming to buy back the concession, for using the road with no records, Yet Tinubu, Fashola and Obasanjo says Jonathan is corrupt.

6. Buhari delegated all powers to Afri-Project Consortium (APC), a consulting firm owned by his Wife’s brother, which allowed his Inlaw’s firm to Initiate all projects for the PTF, Approve all projects for the PTF and Execute all projects for the PTF. APC was able to make away with N25,758,532,444 (Twenty-five billion, seven hundred and fifty-eight million, five hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and fourty-four Naira). Buhari says he did not know.. Yet Buhari, Tinubu claims Jonathan is corrupt.

7. Rotimi Ameachi spent N50bn to build a 2kilometer monorail that is yet to be completed. And Ameachi, Tinubu, Buhari says Jonathan is corrupt.

8. 73,000 ghost workers were discovered and terminated, So former President called President Jonathan to leave the 73,000 ghost workers to remain in status quo, When President Jonathan ignored, Obasanjo claimed that Jonathan is corrupt. Nigeria was rated the 2nd must corrupt Nation in the world as at 1999 – 2007 when Obasanjo was president, then rated 3rd from 2007 till 2011. In 2014, Nigeria is rated 37th in the world, with a four months review that will place Nigeria at 46th. Yet Obasanjo says Jonathan is corrupt...even the PDP refugees that are now APC are saying Jonathan is corrupt...

NIGERIANS judge for yourselves!!!!!! PLEASE READ AND SHARE

TransformationWatch | February 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm | Categories: Issues In The News | URL: /p1Ls8f-2P4
Comment    See all comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) / Soldiers Observing Ramadan Prayers At The Battlefield / Oshiomhole Hands Over To Godwin Obaseki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.