Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (17307 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / I Need Advice: I Got Her Pregnant But I'm Married / Girls Love Me: But I'm Too Shy To Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: . by dizzywezzy(f): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2009
there is some thing ur not telling us. luv doesn't jst die like that somthing must have gone wrong . . . . . well except u were jst infatuated and unlike love infatuation doesn't last.
Re: . by Nursery1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2009
MY guy please give me her phone number , and where can we meet so we can do a formal handing over, i think am interested in her. Like they say, u never know wat u have until u lose it.
Re: . by Nursery1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2009
Call me now lets strike a deal, 08064207608
Re: . by MissyB1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2009
Personally . . . I think a break will do!!
BTDT!!
I think it's only normal.
[size=2pt]Where is the picshur by the way?? tongue[/size]
Re: . by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2009
Call me now lets strike a deal, 08064207608
Are u ok? what the fck does dat mean? U think i'm joking?

@dizzy
Its no infatuation, we've been together now almost 4yrs now.
Re: . by spikedcylinder: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N:

I love my girlfriend but i'm tired of the relationship. Its no longer interesting. I hardly feel like calling her. The fire seems to have gone out. I've tried to revive it but it isn't working. As a matter of fact the zeal to try more revival tactics is gone. I don't know how to tell her its over. It will break her heart. And believe me, there is nobody else for now. I still love her. Should we take a break?

If you love her, you wont be tired. You fell out of love with her thats why the whole thing seems like so much work to you now. Its not a crime, neither is it your fault. . . it happens to the best of us. You don't necessarily have to be with her out of pity either. Break it off and she will get over it, eventually. smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: . by Ben13: 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2009
Quit if you're really tired.
Re: . by sistawoman: 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
What changed in your r/s?

did one of you move away?

What is missing that was not there before?
Re: . by MissyB1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N:

At spike, i'm no fool, i said i love her. Its just that it now seems dull. I still find it difficult asking someone else out because, my feelings for her is still deep. It seems like contradiction, but that is d way it is. Maybe we need a break, but telling her that will hurt her.
Spike was right!!
This is where we draw the line between loving someone and being inlove with someone.
You have fallen outtta love with her but that doesn't mean
you have stopped caring or would deliberately allow any harm befall her.
It's nobody's fault . . . It happens!!
Much as you might not wanno hear it . . . The more you try to make things work,
the more boring it becomes.I think you both need a break.
I've experienced same thing before . . . You don't wanno let go cux u're scared
of hurting her but believe me . . . it's kinda the best thing to do.
When one is fed up . . . it's difficult!! Goodluck!
Re: . by spikedcylinder: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N:

At spike, i'm no fool, i said i love her. Its just that it now seems dull. I still find it difficult asking someone else out because, my feelings for her is still deep. It seems like contradiction, but that is d way it is. Maybe we need a break, but telling her that will hurt her.

Yes, it does seem contradictory and no one called you a fool. smiley

However, if things are dull for you and you want to rekindle, I don't think taking a break is the best way out or else, you will never come back. I'm sure as someone who still loves her, thats really not what you want is it?

1 Like

Re: . by spikedcylinder: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2009
Missy B:

Spike was right!!
This is where we draw the line between loving someone and being inlove with someone.
You have fallen outtta love with her but that doesn't mean
you have stopped caring or would deliberately allow any harm befall her.
It's nobody's fault . . . It happens!!
Much as you might not wanno hear it . . . The more you try to make things work,
the more boring it becomes.I think you both need a break.
I've experienced same thing before . . . You don't wanno let go cux u're scared
of hurting her but believe me . . . it's kind of the best thing to do.
When one is fed up . . . it's difficult!! Goodluck!

So have I. The N is even nice, he still cares and doesn't want to hurt her. In my case, I was sooooo fed up with the relly that even when the dude merely smiled at me, I wanted to remove all his teeth with a fork. tongue grin
Re: . by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2009
spikedcylinder:

So have I. The N is even nice, he still cares and doesn't want to hurt her. In my case, I was sooooo fed up with the relly that even when the dude merely smiled at me, I wanted to remove all his teeth with a fork. tongue grin

ROFLMAO!!
good grief spike! must you be so dramatic? LOL
Re: . by spikedcylinder: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2009
iceblue:

ROFLMAO!!
good grief spike! must you be so dramatic? LOL

Yea, I guess. grin tongue
Re: . by Ben13: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2009
Spikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: . by HorneyChic(f): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N,
thats luv for u. A contradiction. Bitter sweet, pain and joy.
Anyways, just keep luving her, the fire will surely return.
Maybe u are under stress or u have a lot on ur mind
Dont leave her!
Re: . by tpia: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: . by MissyB1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N:

Thanks Spike and Missy. I feel if i leave, i might regret it in the future. Perhaps, i might want her back then and she'll be gone. undecided
[size=3pt]Much as I'D love to say somethings but . . . it's a public forum and somethings are best not said[/size]
All these fears are the same fears that we all have.
We look backwards-how far we have come and then
We look forward-How much we might need them later and they 'll be no more.
The truth is . . . You will eventually give up, whether now or later.
Not because you want to but becux you must, becux you can't pretend anymore
and just when that is done . . . .You will realise many things you never gave yourself
time to realise. Most times . . . .we don't even need them back again even after a long time. smiley
I'm afraid to say this but the chances of loving her back without giving urselves
a little space is as good as impossible.
Re: . by dani1luv: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2009
Missy B
our greatst Teacher
Re: . by topup: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2009
There is this theory that the first 3 months is 'honeymoon period' where everything is fun and exciting and new, and so it's very interesting to be in the relationship, then afterwards comes the effort and hard work that it takes to maintain the relationship. I personally think that you should talk to her about your feelings, but of course, after you tell us what the real reason is for this 'fading love'.

Though you may not feel like asking someone else out, it may not be love but familarity with your girlfriend and having that cushion that makes you hesitate to pursue things with another girl, after all we do get used to things and people we have been with for a long time and 'getting rid' of them can seem scary, but not for the right reasons.

4 years is a long time, and things can really feel long, boring and drawn out. It's a hard task to really search and find what's really causing this feeling, monotomy or just that you're not right for each other. The idea that a relationship is always fun and thrills is all in movies, often a long lasting relationship is comfortable and requires a lot of effort to add perks.
Re: . by MissyB1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2009
dani1luv:

Missy B
our greatst Teacher
Leave me jare!
Werin I do? grin
Re: . by Vonny: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2009
The N,

You're going to hurt her regardless of what you say or do, that's a given. If you tell her you need space, she's going to be hurt, If you tell her you need to break up, she's going to be hurt, If you stay with her, you're not going to give it your all, so she's still going to be hurt. The only thing that will set you free is the truth. You need to be completely honest with her, tell her you love her but you just need some space. If she loves you, it'll still hurt her but she'll respect your decision. And trust and believe you are going to miss the hell out of her during your break, but if you wanna have her back in your arms, don't let the break go on for too long. Good luck.
Re: . by JJYOU: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2009
o boy
Re: . by topup: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2009
Good advice Vonny. Now I've heard that excuse . . "I still really care for you but I don't think I can continue the relationship." I wasn't given any more hints or details than that so I'm still confused but yeah it hurt me, and I knew it was the best way, rather than I find out if he cheats or when the relationship becomes a pathetic excuse for one.
However, I have to say, I didn't believe that he loved me at all, because in my mind I just thought you don't breakup with people you love, unless you love something else more. Hmmm. . However we are talking about a 4 year relationship, surely there was more than lust to this relationship right?

It depends on how much you think you will gain from leaving the relationship, if you just want a breather explain that to her, the worst thing is when there is a pretence, and instead of the girlfriend picking up on signs that something's not right, she's at home baking cookies for you  grin tongue

A talk should be the first thing, see how that goes, if you still feel like leaving, then do what's best for you. If you realise what you've lost, just remember you might have to work like a madman to get her back *depending on the type of girl you're dealing with*.
Re: . by HorneyChic(f): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ topup and others,
There are times we get fed up with our partners even in marriage situations. We don't just 'leave', we try and make it work.
What The N is going thru has happened to me in my different relationships and i'm happy to say, the 'problem''resolved itself.
@The N,
Since u haven't fallen out of luv with her, stick to ur r/ship. If u leave now, u'd wish u neva left. Getting her back might be impossible. However if u had said u no longer loved her, i'd be the first to tell u to let go.
Re: . by adedejiolaleye: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2009
well my advice to u is to leave her cos the right gal might pass by when u re still holdin on to her. wink
Re: . by tope2000(f): 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
i think you guys should take a break n breathhhhhhh for a while.
Get back together after a month or two and if u still feel the same way then i guess u call it quits then undecided wink
Sometimes u do fall out of love with ur husband or wife, what do u do? divorce?
Re: . by Cristalz(f): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2009
Take a break? He loves her but the relationship has lost its zing. . .not seeing each other will only help accelerate the alienation process IMO. Both parties will meet new people, get involved in other things and suddenly ''realize'' that they were not meant to be which is false.

If the relationship has lost its excitement, solution's simple. Go back and pick up the exciting ingredients where y'all dropped 'em along the way.

Think back. . .when you first met,what was the attraction? What did she do,what did he do to make me look forward to seeing him/her again? What things did we do together, what issues did we love to talk about, argue about? I mean, if it was exciting at first, something made it exciting. If the excitement is missing, then you better go back and re-discover that something.

I'm so sure when an analysis is done what both parties will be guilty of is taking each other for granted. E.g ''she knows I love her so why should I bother writing her a love poem?''
'' He knows I'm thinking about him so there really is no need calling,I'll just send a text''
''She's probably tired and wants to sleep, no need disturbing her to make plans for tomorrow''
''He's probably busy anyway and I really have to go hang out with the girls this saturday''
. . . .on and on and on it goes. . .

You have to remain on your toes for a relationship to keep being alive. Go look for new things to do together, try together. Talk about whatever there is to talk about. Keep your initial attractions alive, don't let 'em die out.

I'm saying all this 'cause love is still present. But if you feel the love is simply gone, or if doing stuff together feels forced then don't bother. If not, go put some work in your relationship and bring it back up to the level where it should be. Slacking is never a good thing in love wink
Re: . by tope2000(f): 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
Cristalz:

Take a break? He loves her but the relationship has lost its zing. . .not seeing each other will only help accelerate the alienation process IMO. Both parties will meet new people, get involved in other things and suddenly ''realize'' that they were not meant to be which is false.
If the relationship has lost its excitement, solution's simple. Go back and pick up the exciting ingredients where y'all dropped 'em along the way.

Think back. . .when you first met,what was the attraction? What did she do,what did he do to make me look forward to seeing him/her again? What things did we do together, what issues did we love to talk about, argue about? I mean, if it was exciting at first, something made it exciting. If the excitement is missing, then you better go back and re-discover that something.

I'm so sure when an analysis is done what both parties will be guilty of is taking each other for granted. E.g ''she knows I love her so why should I bother writing her a love poem?''
'' He knows I'm thinking about him so there really is no need calling,I'll just send a text''
''She's probably tired and wants to sleep, no need disturbing her to make plans for tomorrow''
''He's probably busy anyway and I really have to go hang out with the girls this saturday''
. . . .on and on and on it goes. . .

You have to remain on your toes for a relationship to keep being alive. Go look for new things to do together, try together. Talk about whatever there is to talk about. Keep your initial attractions alive, don't let 'em die out.

I'm saying all this 'cause love is still present. But if you feel the love is simply gone, or if doing stuff together feels forced then don't bother. If not, go put some work in your relationship and bring it back up to the level where it should be. Slacking is never a good thing in love smiley

I agree and understand where you are coming from but i think the guy is tired of trying to make it work so he should stop trying, let them take a breather by just being friends then maybe the attraction can grow back undecided
I mean they do say if u want something let it go, if it comes again then its your wink
Re: . by MissyB1(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2009
tope2000:

I agree and understand where you are coming from but i think the guy is tired of trying to make it work so he should stop trying, let them take a breather by just being friends then maybe the attraction can grow back undecided
I mean they do say if u want something let it go, if it comes again then its your wink
That's impossible!!
When I said he should take a break . . . . I meant break-up.
He can't take a break and be friends with her and walk back after 1 or 2 months . . . .
The gurl's life is not a play ground where he walks in and out at will.
The truth is . . . .No matter what we tell him now . . . there is a 90%
possibility that he will eventually break up with her now or soon. It's something
that's difficult to control. It's left for him to be wise enough to do it in a way
that will enable them . . . . . . . . . . . . .  undecided grin
I just hate typing long essay. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will You Do If She Is Your Girlfriend (photo) / Who Is Your Nairaland E-crush? / I Made Her Lose Her Virginity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.