Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (17314 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / I Need Advice: I Got Her Pregnant But I'm Married / Girls Love Me: But I'm Too Shy To Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Moonstone(f): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2009
I know exactly how you feel. This is not uncommon among people who love each other. The excitement is out. You begin to feel like a married couple and whatever. There are different stages of this and EVERY couple experiences it. You've been with her for 4 years and you're not married to her. It's natural to feel kind of trapped in that kind of situation. I think it is more responsible to tell her how you're feeling than to let her go on thinking something else.

It's going to be the hardest thing you ever have to do but tell her you need a break of maybe at least 3 weeks. Also assure her that it's only her in your life and no one else. If during the break you decide you really do not want to be in the relationship anymore. Break it to her gently. In my opinion, the fire is dying out and if you don't reignite it now, you might find yourself almost hating her for "tying" you down which might lead to other consequences such as lying, cheating and a lot of other things.

Just think it through and think about it well. That's all i'm advising for now.
Re: . by chino4(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2009
Guys n ladies how does the break stuff work.ie 3 weeks,1 month no communication,no texts,no calls.I would like to know cos i am presently in the same situation and ur views on this forum has been inspiring,keep it up.
Re: . by HorneyChic(f): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ Chino4
Yea, no calls, no visit, no shag, nothing. Incommunicado! When u think u need to get back, one of u makes a call or u pay a visit. If ur partner enjoyed the break and isn't willing to get back, then ur in sh*t
Re: . by bayodapo: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2009
i agree with dizzywezzy. U might just be infatuated because love dosent get tired. The most important characteristic property of love is it's ability to stand the test of time. if u were truly in love with her u would never get tired. OR there might be something or someone that is tickling ur fancy. CHECK YOURSELF.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2009
why are some people still asking if its infatuation
the OP as clearly stated they've been dating for 4 years

infatuation cant last that long

@The N
keep us posted
Re: . by tmoney11(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2009
What about if you now marry? are you going to get tired of your marriage?
Re: . by amebono14: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2009
then u don't love herĀ  poster undecided

u were only infatuated
Re: . by HorneyChic(f): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2009
then u don't love her poster

u were only infatuated
Love does get tired u know. It will pick up
Re: . by SOJ(m): 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2009
@ poster,

we av to see the essence of taking a break.thing is when u take a break from sometin u need to fill i wit anoda. now if u do fill in the gap wit sometin else,wat if that somtin else becomes too interesting to leave? Now thats d risk the poster has to take here!
Moreover, just as topup said: 4yrs no be yam o!obviously u guys have somtin strong going on to be 2geda for that long. So u av a relationship strong enuf to take a good honest talk. D fact dat u care about her and dont wanto hurt her shuld be a stronger incentive to have this talk!
I bet u guys can reach a sort of 'agreement' and u can avoid a break for the sake of one,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Virgin Last Night... Tho She's Been Penetrated. Once Be4. / Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? / Whats The Intent Of Asking If He Or She Lives Alone Or With Parents.!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.