Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Jesus Was A Black Man - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Black Man (93260 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by tevinsolt: 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
macof:

Really sad, I blame the Africans of the 17th/18th century tho. Looking at the Japanese and Chinese, they prevented any foreign religion that preached against their race and culture...Japan is known to have caught off all relationships with the world for the purpose of safeguarding their identity and pride. Today Japanese culture is celebrated and admired by the same caucasians, Japan is still very much traditional and have used their ancestral knowledge to develop themselves coupled with the knowledge gained from the West

Today frustration and inferiority complex cannot compel a Chinese to claim what wasn't Chinese.

What we need is to kick out foreign religion from our lands

the problem is not Religion, but you're right in the sense that historically religion were forced on cultures that were perceived as pagan. Humans are free to subscribe to anything they consider to be the truth without culture denying them that right and you know culture evolve. the Japanese were able to strike a good balance between protecting their culture and allowing Western influence, which helped them in developing their nation.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by ThaProphet(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
uboma:

So you have seen the god you worship? And your god looks like you? Wow! That's very odd and doesn't make sense one bit.

For me, I haven't seen my God because even the Bible says that no man can see Him and yet live.

Lol...folks be making ish up. Where in my post did I suggest that?

Also, why would the God of a people not look like the people who worship that God?

In Hinduism, their God, Krishna is blacker than raw gold but they felt the need to change the image in order to confirm with their own colour. Same with Buddha in Buddhism.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Weah96: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
onitshaigbo:
Jesus is an Igbo man, because both He and the Igbos are Israelite Jews. The ancestors of the Igbos moved to Southeastern Nigeria from the land of Israel and over the centuries their skin darkened and hair texture to better adapt to the climate.

So it took only 2000 years for white people to turn into Igbo people? May Amadioha punish you there.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Setaje:
All I know is the ancient Egyptians were black. When jesus was taken to Egypt, if he was white skinned, he would have easily been known. Your guess is as good as mine. Always felt jesus was black. Thanks to Obadiah. Aka sukkot kiss

1. Herod had no authority outside Israel
2. Egypt was a commercial centre for different people at that time, including Jews
3. Egypt citizens weren't all blacks...especially at that time when they had been invaded multiple times and compelled to breed with the invaders

A Jewish family running from a Israeli force is sure to be safe in Egypt at that time

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by onitshaigbo(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Weah96:

So it took only 2000 years for white people to turn into Igbo people? May Amadioha punish you there.

Igbos are not originally from Africa, we are from Israel. Our real country is Israel, not this cesspool called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
Horus:
The world debates the question: "What race was the Messiah Jesus?" But the answer is clearly laid out in your New Testament.

Let's check it out..

1. Act 13:1 . Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger ,and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

2 Niger of course in Latin defines the word Black

"The etymology of the word 'niger' is from the Latin word for 'black'. In botanical nomenclature, where the species name is niger, this indicates that some aspect of the organism is black

3. Simeon was the brother of Jesus

Matthew 13:55: "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simeon , and Judas?"
Mark 6:3: "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

4. So, if Simon (Simeon) was called Niger meaning black and is the brother of Jesus then guess what? Jesus is black too!

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Hx-csjjjQ3o/TpoqgVGTxnI/AAAAAAAABVo/t4k8rMP7860/s640/ethopian_hebrew.jpg[/img]

Above is a photo of a Young man who is a Hebrew from Ethiopia.

Simeon the niger is not the same as Simeon Peter...pls stop confusing yourself

why are u posting pictures of Falasha Ethiopians as Hebrews? they are converts not blood Hebrews...look at that man in the photo..he has everything of a typical Cushite whom the Hebrews of the Bible very clearly differentiated from themselves in terms of culture and skin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Afroconnect: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
macof:

I don't think there's any human being that has ever heard of an Egyptian character called Yeshua
Pls review your sources on "common history"
You don't know...I guess only ignorant,zombies like u too have not heard.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

You are speaking bull crap. Those who speak Afro-Asiatic languages were always at first black. Whether it was Hausa, Somali, Amharic, Arabic, Berber languages, Oromo, Tangale, etc. etc.

They didn't start off as white. Whites inherited the culture of the black Arabs, not the other way around. You speak utter nonsense.
True, not only afro-asiatics but all of humanity.

am curious what's this about Arabs being black? Fulaman when did u join the train?

Btw whites inherited next to nothing from Arabs. Rather they owe their origins and heritage ultimately from the Indo region(Iranians especially)
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
tevinsolt:

the problem is not Religion, but you're right in the sense that historically religion were forced on cultures that were perceived as pagan. Humans are free to subscribe to anything they consider to be the truth without culture denying them that right and you know culture evolve. the Japanese were able to strike a good balance between protecting their culture and allowing Western influence, which helped them in developing their nation.
Precisely because of the reason that humans should be allowed to their beliefs is why the Christians and muslims from European and Arabs should have left others to their beliefs.
Culture evolves, it's good- the Japanese culture has evolved but suddenly deleted or attacked by foreigners is what shouldn't be condoned by the people who have a sense of pride. The black Africans of the 17th century that let religion sink this deep were not intelligent at all...I know of Ijebu and Ife taking measures against such attacks against their culture but due to lack of support from the neighbours like a strong Oyo and Benin for instance was a big disappointment, in the long run, religion was the seed to the fall of Oyo and Benin.
Best for blacks who are angry at caucasians like the OP to dump the religion of lies entirely and pick up something African and black than trying to fight lies with more lies

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
ThaProphet:

Lol...folks be making ish up. Where in my post did I suggest that?

Also, why would the God of a people not look like the people who worship that God?

In Hinduism, their God, Krishna is blacker than raw gold but they felt the need to change the image in order to confirm with their own colour. Same with Buddha in Buddhism.

Do you have problem with comprehension? Read through your previous comments and see where u said that the god u worship is the same colour as u. now who is making things up?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
macof:

Simeon the niger is not the same as Simeon Peter...pls stop confusing yourself

Where did you get this "Peter" from?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Horus:

Where did you get this "Peter" from?

From Jesus
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 12:11am On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

From Jesus

What do you mean?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 12:17am On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

So you erase a lie with another lie?

How?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 1:41am On Feb 22, 2015
Horus:

What do you mean?
Matthew 10:1 "The disciples; first Simon called Peter"
16:18 "Jesus says; You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church"

Peter comes from Greek "Petra" meaning Rock
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 1:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Horus:

How?

Well the caucasians are lying demons but is it not of worse evil to give a lie of your own and do the same thing you rebuke them for?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 22, 2015
Whether black or white, he is our saviour.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Weah96: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2015
wristwatch:

*Puts both hands on head in sign of despair.* Africa doesn't have the slightest chance. A real miracle is required.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2015
wristwatch:

Saviour from what
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Dragonking: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

Wat of the Arabs, Native Americans, Hindu..maybe even Chinese? Black too?

bros dont misconstrue the idea..what am sayin is that blacks were the true inhabitants of egypt and isreal..try to watch the youtube link i posted.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by GooseBaba: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2015
wristwatch:

grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin see zombie reloaded... grin grin..kindly ask your self why do you need a saviour and what is this saviour saving you from..?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dragonking:

bros dont misconstrue the idea..what am sayin is that blacks were the true inhabitants of egypt and isreal..try to watch the youtube link i posted.
Actually blacks weren't the true inhabitants of Egypt, they were migrants from the Sudan region who conquered the Mediterraneans and formed the ruling class of the dynastic periods

As for Israel, that's a joke. Jeremiah puts a clear reference to the different skin tone in Jeremiah 13:23 "CAN THE CUSHITE CHANGE HIS SKIN, OR CAN THE LEOPARD CHANGE IT'S SPOTS?"
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

Actually blacks weren't the true inhabitants of Egypt, they were migrants from the Sudan region who conquered the Mediterraneans and formed the ruling class of the dynastic periods
Any reliable sources for that crap or do you just make things up?

Ancient Egyptians were always indigenous African people not Eurasian/Mediterraneans which came much later in large proportion (Aamu/Hyksos during the second intermediate period), before that time the proportion of Eurasians was small in Ancient Egypt (traders, nomadic migrants in neighboring deserts, etc).

What most affected populations movements within Africa in this NorthEastern African region is climate change:

- From: Climate-Controlled Holocene Occupation in the Sahara: Motor of Africa’s Evolution

There was never any proof of people/immigrants coming from outside Africa like Europeans or West Asians to create Ancient Egypt (in predynastic times). Ancient Egyptians even according to mainstream science were indigenous African people.

You can trace the archaeological continuity between the Green Sahara period, Nabta Playa, Tasian culture, Badarian, Naqada and the foundation of Ancient Egypt (pre/1st Dynasty). Archaeological continuity=science.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dragonking:

Israel were not black. Even Ancient Egyptians depicted the Aamu (Palestine and West Asian people) as pale/white Semitic people.

Even if Ancient Egyptians were black, as I believe. It doesn't really matter. Zulu are blacks and it doesn't mean people in Nigeria must adopt Zulu religions or customs.

Same for Jesus. Even if Jesus was black, it doesn't mean we need to adopt his religion. Each people in Africa have their own spiritual beliefs.

While distantly related to each others in time. For example, all Niger-Kordofanian speakers share a common past (at the very least at the time of the proto-Niger-Kordofanian language). We still have evolved and migrated in different regions since that time to become our own people, with our own religions and customs.

Freedom of religions. Freedom of beliefs. Freedom to not believe in any religions (atheism, agnosticism). Religious pluralism. Diversity of religions. Are the best protection against fascism and those who want to restrict our liberty.

At the end of it, each family can even pray and communicate with their own ancestors and grandfathers if they want to. That's African beliefs. It's also true for many traditional spirituality and non-Abrahamic religions around the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

Sure the whites are devils who have downplayed on the Negro's contribution to civilization but rather than lie upon a lie, let's set things straight the truthful way...Jesus was no way black, neither are Hebrews...facts are there supporting the stance that like all middle eastern people, Hebrews were brown Mediterranean - best description for their skin yet. Not black (Negro black) or white (Aryan white)
. What is the difference between black and brown? More Melanin that's all. There is absolutely nothing like a brown Mediterranean, either you're black, brown, yellow or white. Hitler killed the Jews because they had melanin in them, they weren't fully white(Aryan) the Jews you see now are Ashkenazi Jews.

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Even if Jesus was black (which he wasn't, he was a Jew, descendant of Abraham), it doesn't mean we need to adopt his religion. Each people in Africa have their own spiritual beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Proudlygemini:
. What is the difference between black and brown? More Melanin that's all. There is absolutely nothing like a brown Mediterranean, either you're black, brown, yellow or white. Hitler killed the Jews because they had melanin in them, they weren't fully white(Aryan) the Jews you see now are Ashkenazi Jews.

you have already answered ur question.
My point is the middle east is inhabited by brown people and they are Mediterraneans...but different from the Aryan whites, so they're labelled brown Mediterranean by some
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

Well the caucasians are lying demons but is it not of worse evil to give a lie of your own and do the same thing you rebuke them for?

Where is the lie?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:

Israel were not black. Even Ancient Egyptians depicted the Aamu (Palestine and West Asian people) as pale/white Semitic people.

Even if Ancient Egyptians were black, as I believe. It doesn't really matter. Zulu are blacks and it doesn't mean people in Nigeria must adopt Zulu religions or customs.

Same for Jesus. Even if Jesus was black, it doesn't mean we need to adopt his religion. Each people in Africa have their own spiritual beliefs.

While distantly related to each others in time. For example, all Niger-Kordofanian speakers share a common past (at the very least at the time of the proto-Niger-Kordofanian language). We still have evolved and migrated in different regions since that time to become our own people, with our own religions and customs.

Freedom of religions. Freedom of beliefs. Freedom to not believe in any religions (atheism, agnosticism). Religious pluralism. Diversity of religions. Are the best protection against fascism and those who want to restrict our liberty.

At the end of it, each family can even pray and communicate with their own ancestors and grandfathers if they want to. That's African beliefs. It's also true for many traditional spirituality and non-Abrahamic religions around the world.

You have said it all sir
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Horus(m): 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

Matthew 10:1 "The disciples; first Simon called Peter"
16:18 "Jesus says; You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church"

Peter comes from Greek "Petra" meaning Rock

We are not talking about the same person. You are talking about Peter, one of the twelve apostles and I am talking about Simeon who was
the brother of Jesus
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

you have already answered ur question.
My point is the middle east is inhabited by brown people and they are Mediterraneans...but different from the Aryan whites, so they're labelled brown Mediterranean by some
Even the popes pray to a black Madonna and black Jesus because they know, so let's agree to disagree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Oyo After Having Sex With Snake (photo) / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / 300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.