Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures (61726 Views)

See And Buy Now: Tractors And Mechanised Implements Available For Sale !!! / Mechanised Garri Business Is Booming And Lucrative(with Pictures) / Mechanised Farmland and Construction Site Clearing - Bulldozer Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by greall12(m): 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
Well done sir
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by rezzy: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
A lot of farmers have been asking me how much it will cost to use a bulldozer to clear a virging land, this thread is opened to give you answer from our own clearing experience. Getting a good bulldozer has been a tough nut for us here for some weeks now, but finally a bulldozer entered our newly acquired land at Babaeko village along igbeti-Ogbomoso road. I will be giving you daily update of our experience and expenses. More to come later in the day.

You wanna farm or build an Estate.?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by anonimi: 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
I will be back with more pictures and details

Is there any conscious effort to protect the environment by leaving reasonable FOREST trees to avoid future erosion problems
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by ELGREF(m): 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
it worked about 6 hours yesterday. But today will be full day. After today we will measure and see what the cost of clearing an acre is. Will soon be on the way to the farm now. The nairalanders coming are almost in Ogbomoso, I will take off as soon as they come.
great ajilete
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
Cleared land!

This is great. How much is the bare land?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by macanu(m): 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
Na wetin u won grow on this land
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
the machine cost is 60k per day (8 hours)

That sounds cheap. Or is payloader costlier than bulldozer pay day hiring? I heard payloader is about 300k/day.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
y didn't u guyz use the buldozer with tires
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
RedBenson:

That sounds cheap. Or is payloader costlier than bulldozer pay day hiring? I heard payloader is about 300k/day.
payloader is still 60k we just used it to demolish a building few weeks ago, would have loved to post pics but the phone am using now won't allow me, would try to post some pics 2mao
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
snazzy5050:

payloader is still 60k we just used it to demolish a building few weeks ago, would have loved to post pics but the phone am using now won't allow me, would try to post some pics 2mao

Was i being lied to when someone told me hiring a payloader a day costs 300k?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
Cost and expenses so far:
Bulldozer hire for 10 days 600k
680 litres of diesle at #135 per litre 91,800
Cost of low bed trailer to and fro 100k
Operator 5k for 8 hours
Transportation of Diesle to farm 6500

Those are the ones I have on record for now. Will update when I'm back from farm today.
Am still reading comments but I have some observations.
Why wud u pay 60k for a bulldozer and still buy diesel and pay for d operator?
Why shud a bulldozer cost 60k a day in a village like ogbomosho when it goes for abt 50k a day in d townships especially when u are booking multiple days and d owner will still bear all cost.
I feel d only extra cost apart from daily rental shud be d cost of d low bed (and except it is coming all d way from lagos, 100k is toooooo high) intact, at 60k, some rental companies bear cost of d low bed especially if Ur job will last for up to 10 days.

Summary:
Dis is way too expensive and discouraging to intending farmers.

And please, don't come and tell us that d bulldozer clears 10 hectares a day.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Wow! We are here! Thanks to the moderators on agric section and everyone who has read and contributed to this thread. Just logged in after one of our new landlords told me we are on front page. This is good. I wish I could answer every question but I will try.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
obstead200:

Why shud a bulldozer cost 60k a day in a village like ogbomosho when it goes for abt 50k a day in d townships especially when u are booking multiple days and d owner will still bear all cost.
I feel d only extra cost apart from daily rental shud be d cost of d low bed (and except it is coming all d way from lagos, 100k is toooooo high) intact, at 60k, some rental companies bear cost of d low bed especially if Ur job will last for up to 10 days.

Summary:

actually ure not suppose to buy diesel, and even transporting the buldozer suppose to be the headache of the owner of the buldozer
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
RedBenson:

Was i being lied to when someone told me hiring a payloader a day costs 300k?
how much did they buy the payloader undecided
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
obstead200:

Summary:

honestly you are right in your summary. You did a great a job summarizing your ignorance. You successfully proved you know it all and are too proud to learn.
I can take anything, but never call my Ogbomoso a village again. What you know is what you know. What you don't know, you don't know.

11 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
snazzy5050:

actually ure not suppose to buy diesel, and even transporting the buldozer suppose to be the headache of the owner of the buldozer
really?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
ELGREF:
great ajilete
yes. Great Ogbomoso.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
rezzy:

You wanna farm or build an Estate.?
both sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
really?
yes, and ure not also to pay the operator, the least u do for him is to buy drinks to motivate him, Dats wah I know oo
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by adanduka: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
honestly you are right in your summary. You did a great a job summarizing your ignorance. You successfully proved you know it all and are too proud to learn.
I can take anything, but never call my Ogbomoso a village again. What you know is what you know. What you don't know, you don't know.

Ouch, that was too hot but probably well deserved. grin
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by tit(f): 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Empiree:
Thanks a lot. Is there alternatives to bulldozer?

you just saw my pics.
that is not a bulldozer.
the contraption in front shred and chips the plants and trees around so they can be part of the soil there.
this chipper minimally disturbs the top soil.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Empiree: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
tit:

you just saw my pics.
that is not a bulldozer.
the contraption in front shred and chips the plants and trees around so they can be part of the soil there.
this chipper minimally disturbs the top soil.
Okay, thanks. I was hardly awake when i was reading it earlier. So what's the cost difference btw this and bulldo?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
omomummy13:
What do you intend to do with the land?

Please, keep us updated.

God Bless Your Effort
the clearing is one of the major steps towards a vision. To build the best agric center in Africa. We are starting with cultivation of soybean and ground nuts on the portion being cleared.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
snazzy5050:
how much did they buy the payloader undecided

That i cant tell. I was only being told 300k a day. But i can still remember when a former firm bought and sold one to a customer at averagely N28m (if i'm not mistaken).
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
RedBenson:

That i cant tell. I was only being told 300k a day. But i can still remember when a former firm bought and sold one to a customer at averagely N28m (if i'm not mistaken).
so u need to work 94 times with if to regain the money used in buying it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This High-rise Tower In China Isn't A Housing Block, It's A Pig Farm / The Joystick Shape Of This Cassava Tuber Will Shock You- Ladies Beware.. Photo / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.