Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures (61691 Views)

See And Buy Now: Tractors And Mechanised Implements Available For Sale !!! / Mechanised Garri Business Is Booming And Lucrative(with Pictures) / Mechanised Farmland and Construction Site Clearing - Bulldozer Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by rezzy: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
both sir

I Wish you all the best.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
hotmas911:
honestly you are right in your summary. You did a great a job summarizing your ignorance. You successfully proved you know it all and are too proud to learn.
I can take anything, but never call my Ogbomoso a village again. What you know is what you know. What you don't know, you don't know.
As usual, u fail to address d issues on ground. Ur dodgey manner of response suggests dat one shud look well before doing biz with u.
Sory, when I say ogbomosho is a village, I do not mean d area is undeveloped. I only mean dat d farm is located in a rural area.

But please keep dat aside and address other issues I have raised. Pls try to base Ur arguments purely on d merits of each point.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
snazzy5050:

so u need to work 94 times with if to regain the money used in buying it

Dont know for them. Maybe so since thier jobs are not regular. You use one opportunity to save for the rainy day. Lol.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by noblefarm: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
tit:

you just saw my pics.
that is not a bulldozer.
the contraption in front shred and chips the plants and trees around so they can be part of the soil there.
this chipper minimally disturbs the top soil.

pls where can we see this hire, and do u knw how much they charge? we have 10hactares we want to clear in Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
obstead200:

As usual, u fail to address d issues on ground. Ur dodgey manner of response suggests dat one shud look well before doing biz with u.
Sory, when I say ogbomosho is a village, I do not mean d area is undeveloped. I only mean dat d farm is located in a rural area.

But please keep dat aside and address other issues I have raised. Pls try to base Ur arguments purely on d merits of each point.
if you have any issue with me bring it here. this is not your first and i still remember the first time you came attacking and for those who don't know your history with me i think i should pull them here from this link https://www.nairaland.com/1998205/farmers-lets-see-farm-post#28032085

fm7070:
@hotmas911 doesn't look like practicing farmer. Your designer sef na ogbonge. I know you be landowner
@Ogbongenet, I gbadun your parol, you be correct. more grease to your elbow
@World1 If not that I've been following your numerous post, I could have doubt you being a farmer, you look like Hon. Tambuwal holding a sprayer. Lol
You guys are all encouraging and telling us that farming is not for failed group but for rich and rugged minds.

fm7070:
@hotmas911 doesn't look like practicing farmer. Your designer sef na ogbonge. I know you be landowner
@Ogbongenet, I gbadun your parol, you be correct. more grease to your elbow
@World1 If not that I've been following your numerous post, I could have doubt you being a farmer, you look like Hon. Tambuwal holding a sprayer. Lol
You guys are all encouraging and telling us that farming is not for failed group but for rich and rugged minds.
hahahaha grin grin what if you are wrong?

obstead200:
why do I get d serious feeling that he is actually right.........

obstead200:
why do I get d serious feeling that he is actually right.........
grin grin because you are used to seeing farmers sweating in dirty clothes grin grin
You will also have the same 'serious feeling' about Dangote being a farmer. I farm in the order of the Dangotes grin grin

obstead200:

maybe u do (@ the bolded). But with one big difference. Dangote does not advertise and hustle for business in Nairaland. if dangote is seen in a farm wearing a suit, i wud not doubt he is a farmer cos I know his pedigree and his long history of VERY VISIBLE business successes.

no offence meant, but just show me yours; other than personal testimonies (unverified) and pics that u post on nairaland grin grin tongue

hotmas911:
may God bless you. This life would be incomplete without people like you. We don't need to be childish here. You are very right, I am a hustler at least till I make the first billion in dollars. grin grin grin grin grin

so what exactly is your headache?
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
rezzy:

I Wish you all the best.
thanks
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by USAutoBuy(m): 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
snazzy5050:

yes, and ure not also to pay the operator, the least u do for him is to buy drinks to motivate him, Dats wah I know oo

Diesel, Transport and Operator pay is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RENTER.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by success9(m): 1:29am On Feb 26, 2015
@hotmass. This is one major quagmire I'm trying to sort at the moment...how to get land preferably in Ogun State and how much it will take to clear it.

What is the capacity of the bulldozer you're using; is it a d8, d7, d6 or d5?

From your calculations now...how much did you clear an hectare?

Give me an advice...how can I easily get a sizable land from your experience apart from renting from the state government?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by world1(m): 3:22am On Feb 26, 2015
Empiree:
Thanks a lot. Is there alternatives to bulldozer?
Maybe payloader

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by world1(m): 3:30am On Feb 26, 2015
RedBenson:

Was i being lied to when someone told me hiring a payloader a day costs 300k?
Yes.
Payloader is cheaper than bulldozer.
Between 50k-80k depending on tge location and circumstances.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 6:14am On Feb 26, 2015
success9:
@hotmass. This is one major quagmire I'm trying to sort at the moment...how to get land preferably in Ogun State and how much it will take to clear it.

What is the capacity of the bulldozer you're using; is it a d8, d7, d6 or d5?

From your calculations now...how much did you clear an hectare?

Give me an advice...how can I easily get a sizable land from your experience apart from renting from the state government?
the machine is we are using is D6r from CAT. We should finish the operation by Saturday or Monday. Then I would have taken full measurement of the area cleared and the cost per hectare or acres.
As for land. If you want to build a great farm empire you can get the size of land you desire cheaper in a place like Ogbomoso. The cost of an acre in Ogun will buy an hectare or more here.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 6:16am On Feb 26, 2015
USAutoBuy:

thanks bro.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 6:36am On Feb 26, 2015
hotmas911:
thanks bro.
here in Benin those responsibilities are for the owners

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by aleshsenior2000(m): 7:14am On Feb 26, 2015
hotmas911:
thanks
I must confess, u have done a great job. What re the farm product did u intend to plant on the farmland.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by USAutoBuy(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2015
snazzy5050:

here in Benin those responsibilities are for the owners

I suggest you find out well. Never heard of that arrangement anywhere in Nigeria undecided

Unless it has been billed into the rental
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by zimoni(f): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2015
Let me contribute regarding payment to the operator and diesel.

We are currently constructing access roads for our estate at Kurudu. We hired some machines from a company, they gave us the operators. We are paying the operators daily and also buying diesel for the machines. I think it depends on the agreement with the lease company.

Oga hotmas, please ignore anyone who may want to provoke you. You promised to give us breakdown when you are done with the clearance on sunday or monday.

Patiently following the thread.

God Bless Us All.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by world1(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2015
USAutoBuy:

You can also pay for everything incase you don't have time or vehicle to carry diesel to and fro the farm.

This arrangement is the best once you paid them theirs is to do the 8hrs for you no complaints.

If you decide to be supplying them diesel they believe you want to play smart so the operator will either burn off the fuel by over firing the machine.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by snazzy5050(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2015
USAutoBuy:

I suggest you find out well. Never heard of that arrangement anywhere in Nigeria undecided

Unless it has been billed into the rental
bro the payloader was used to demolish a house, and also used to pack dirts In the backyard that filled 5 trailers that normally carries 2 in 1 sand/gravel .............. worked a full day paved only 60k
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2015
hotmas911:
if you have any issue with me bring it here. this is not your first and i still remember the first time you came attacking and for those who don't know your history with me i think i should pull them here from this link https://www.nairaland.com/1998205/farmers-lets-see-farm-post#28032085

hahahaha grin grin what if you are wrong?

grin grin because you are used to seeing farmers sweating in dirty clothes grin grin
You will also have the same 'serious feeling' about Dangote being a farmer. I farm in the order of the Dangotes grin grin

so what exactly is your headache?

hey bro!!, I have no personal issues with u.
why don't u view my comments (or attacks as u call them) as an opportunity for u to once more prove ur credibility for the benefit of some of ur future but very skeptical clients?

u see, money is not easy to make. I was brought up and also learnt from bitter experiences to look very closely before giving it out.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by PapaBrowne(m): 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
obstead200:

hey bro!!, I have no personal issues with u.
why don't u view my comments (or attacks as u call them) as an opportunity for u to once more prove ur credibility for the benefit of some of ur future but very skeptical clients?

u see, money is not easy to make. I was brought up and also learnt from bitter experiences to look very closely before giving it out.

He has nothing to prove to you. He has dealt with lots of people here and his credibility is obvious. Plus he is not even trying to sell anything on this thread , so what the heck!! People like you just feed on envy. And it is obvious in your comments. You are probably wondering to yourself how such a young man is able to pull as much success in "little Ogbomosho" when you in "Almighty Lagos" is having a struggle.
Fact is the way we think affects the quantum of success we achieve. Skeptics and pessimists never succeed beyond average. And the simple reason is risk taking is usually the most important element of success.
Stay where you are and keep learning from your bitter experiences while Hotmas911 builds out the best Agri Centre in Africa".

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
PapaBrowne:

He has nothing to prove to you. He has dealt with lots of people here and his credibility is obvious. Plus he is not even trying to sell anything on this thread , so what the heck!! People like you just feed on envy. And it is obvious in your comments. You are probably wondering to yourself how such a young man is able to pull as much success in "little Ogbomosho" when you in "Almighty Lagos" is having a struggle.
Fact is the way we think affects the quantum of success we achieve. Skeptics and pessimists never succeed beyond average. And the simple reason is risk taking is usually the most important element of success.
Stay where you are and keep learning from your bitter experiences while Hotmas911 builds out the best Agri Centre in Africa".

Wow!!!
Something is not right here. We all use pseudonyms and monikers on NL so I can't rule out d possibility dat dis is still hotmas911 talking.

His reluctance to address or counter simple straightforward issues I raised shud raise alarm in d minds of proper reasoning pple. What is d big deal in addressing d issues and convincing me rather than making subtle attacks on my person.
I tot a good businessman or marketer (since he mainly sells land) makes all efforts to convince prospective clients by responding to all reasonable enquiries no matter how crude or controversial it is in presentation.

When u try to push away questions or digress to other talks irrelevant to d issue at hand, pple naturally become suspicious.
Please be reasonable. Dia is nothing envious in my comments neither is dia anything to be envious about. I'm not a land seller, I'm not yet a farmer (although intending to be and looking for credible contacts to deal with), I don't live in ogbomosho or lagos. So what exactly shud make me envious? I dont even know u or hotmas911 in person.
I'm doing well enough on my own while looking for trustworthy pple to deal with in my desire to enhance my life by going into agriculture. It is dis quest for credible pple dat makes me examine every prospect I come across, (especially on an online forum like NL) very thoroughly while praying dat such prospect wud convince me enough to invest my hard earned cash.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
zimoni:
Let me contribute regarding payment to the operator and diesel.

We are currently constructing access roads for our estate at Kurudu. We hired some machines from a company, they gave us the operators. We are paying the operators daily and also buying diesel for the machines. I think it depends on the agreement with the lease company.

Oga hotmas, please ignore anyone who may want to provoke you. You promised to give us breakdown when you are done with the clearance on sunday or monday.

God Bless Us All.
world1:

You can also pay for everything incase you don't have time or vehicle to carry diesel to and fro the farm.
This arrangement is the best once you paid them theirs is to do the 8hrs for you no complaints.
If you decide to be supplying them diesel they believe you want to play smart so the operator will either burn off the fuel by over firing the machine.
Reasonable comments. Learning somethings I never knew before.
Last time we hired a bulldozer to clear our street, we just paid d rental fee and d rental company bore EVERY OTHER COST
It was early dis year. We paid 50k a day
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by 100Cents: 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
hotmas911:
the machine cost is 60k per day (8 hours)

Cheaper than here.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by stagger: 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
From the little I know about equipment leasing, the cost of diesel and the operator are different from the hiring of the bulldozer. Payloader is just used to transport the bulldozer so the charge is for to-and-fro movement. Then the remoteness of the area where the bulldozer will work determines the cost of hiring. So it will be cheaper to use it in town than it will be to clear land in a remote area.

I may be wrong and this is not my field of expertise. But I have a few friends in the business and I picked this from their phone conversations and negotiations with clients.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by 100Cents: 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
snazzy5050:
y didn't u guyz use the buldozer with tires

Pay loader
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by 100Cents: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
snazzy5050:

actually ure not suppose to buy diesel, and even transporting the buldozer suppose to be the headache of the owner of the buldozer
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Coldplay007(f): 12:34am On Feb 27, 2015
obstead200:

Wow!!!
Something is not right here. We all use pseudonyms and monikers on NL so I can't rule out d possibility dat dis is still hotmas911 talking.

His reluctance to address or counter simple straightforward issues I raised shud raise alarm in d minds of proper reasoning pple. What is d big deal in addressing d issues and convincing me rather than making subtle attacks on my person.
I tot a good businessman or marketer (since he mainly sells land) makes all efforts to convince prospective clients by responding to all reasonable enquiries no matter how crude or controversial it is in presentation.

When u try to push away questions or digress to other talks irrelevant to d issue at hand, pple naturally become suspicious.
Please be reasonable. Dia is nothing envious in my comments neither is dia anything to be envious about. I'm not a land seller, I'm not yet a farmer (although intending to be and looking for credible contacts to deal with), I don't live in ogbomosho or lagos. So what exactly shud make me envious? I dont even know u or hotmas911 in person.
I'm doing well enough on my own while looking for trustworthy pple to deal with in my desire to enhance my life by going into agriculture. It is dis quest for credible pple dat makes me examine every prospect I come across, (especially on an online forum like NL) very thoroughly while praying dat such prospect wud convince me enough to invest my hard earned cash.

grin grin
I don carry my busybody come here... cheesy
I was quietly enjoying this thread till you came over to derail it with your pointless beef and envy.... grin
Do you know what it is called?... grin cheesy

CRAB MENTALITY..
Wanting to pull someone down because you are envious of their success..7. tongue

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 6:45am On Feb 27, 2015
Morning guys. we are rounding off the first stage of the clearing by tomorrow. by early next week the full cost analysis and the area cleared will be available.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by zimoni(f): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thanks Bawse.

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by obstead200(m): 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Coldplay007:

grin grin
I don carry my busybody come here... cheesy
I was quietly enjoying this thread till you came over to derail it with your pointless beef and envy.... grin
Do you know what it is called?... grin cheesy

CRAB MENTALITY..
Wanting to pull someone down because you are envious of their success..7. tongue
I think I will just rest this issue. Just like an old Igbo adage says, "opinions and thoughts are like personal hand luggage. Everyone carries his own"
So if it is Ur opinion that I make my comments out of envy rather than a genuine intention of ascertaining d credibility of a personality I hope to deal with one day, then it is just Ur opinion and u can carry it with u.

Meanwhile, I will keep visiting the agric section of NL, learning new things everyday while at d same time trying to be very wary of questionable personalities in my quest to take a leap into agri business in d nearest future.
Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by zimoni(f): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
obstead200:

I think I will just rest this issue. Just like an old Igbo adage says, "opinions and thoughts are like personal hand luggage. Everyone carries his own"
So if it is Ur opinion that I make my comments out of envy rather than a genuine intention of ascertaining d credibility of a personality I hope to deal with one day, then it is just Ur opinion and u can carry it with u.

Meanwhile, I will keep visiting the agric section of NL, learning new things everyday while at d same time trying to be very wary of questionable personalities in my quest to take a leap into agri business in d nearest future.

Read between the lines, it was a mere sarcasm. She just dey pull ya leg jarey.

Nothing do anybody.

Have a blessed day.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures by Coldplay007(f): 8:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
zimoni:

Read between the lines, it was a mere sarcasm. She just dey pull ya leg jarey.

Nothing do anybody.

Have a blessed day.

grin grin
Someone finally gets me on NL... tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This High-rise Tower In China Isn't A Housing Block, It's A Pig Farm / The Joystick Shape Of This Cassava Tuber Will Shock You- Ladies Beware.. Photo / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.