Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari (16681 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:33am On Feb 20, 2015
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, if voted into power.

Buhari stated this in a document obtained by our correspondent in Abuja on Thursday. The document highlights what Buhari will do in his first 100 days if he assumes power on May 29.

He said he would encourage political appointees in his administration to also declare their assets publicly.

If the APC candidate keeps to his promise, he will be the second Nigeria’s President to publicly declare his assets.

The late President, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua, also from Katsina State as Buhari, was the first and the only Nigeria’s President to have publicly declared his assets when he assumed office.

This action forced his then deputy, who is now the President Goodluck Jonathan, to also make his assets declaration forms available to the public.

However, since he assumed office as the substantive President, Jonathan has refused to make the forms available to the public, saying that he did that when he was serving as deputy to Yar’Adua.

Asked during a media chat whether he would consider declaring his assets publicity, the President refused, saying he did not give a damn.

But Buhari, in the document titled, “I pledge to Nigeria” also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment.

“All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC.”

While pledging to personally lead the war against corruption in the country, Buhari also said that he would inaugurate the National Council on Procurement as stipulated in the Procurement Act.

He added that the Federal Executive Council, which he said had been turned to a weekly session of contract bazaar, would be made to concentrate on its principal function of policy making.

He said that he would also work with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act.

On the other ways to strengthen the anti-graft war, he said, “We will work with the National Assembly to strengthen the Independent Corruption Practices and other related Offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission by guaranteeing institutional autonomy, including financial and prosecutorial independence and security of tenure of officials.

“We will also make the Financial Intelligence Unit of the EFCC autonomous and operational; encourage proactive disclosure of information by government institutions in the spirit of the Freedom of Information Act.”

He also promised that his government would work with the leadership of the National Assembly and the judiciary to cut down the cost of governance.

On insurgency and insecurity in the country, the former head of state said that he had had the rare privilege of serving the country in the military in various capacities and rose to the rank of a major general and Commander -in -Chief of the Armed Forces, he would defend the integrity of the nation.

“I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians,” he said.

On the fate of the kidnapped Chibok girls, Buhari said that as a father, he had been feeling the pain of the victims of insurgency, kidnapping and violence whether “they are widows and orphans of the military, paramilitary, civilians and parents or the Chibok girls.

“My government shall act decisively on any actionable intelligence to #BringBack Our Girls.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-declare-my-assets-publicly-buhari/

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Baddestguyp(m): 1:37am On Feb 20, 2015
he did so and lied before...what stops him from lying again

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Smurfette(f): 1:39am On Feb 20, 2015
Ok na.
Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by urboy1: 1:39am On Feb 20, 2015
he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, if voted into power. smh..
[color=#990000][/color]What of declaring before actually entering.. ??/ undecided

23 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by FastShipping: 1:40am On Feb 20, 2015
GMB is an honest man. He is not coming to enrich himself. He is coming to reset the country and set it on path to greatness again.

163 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:41am On Feb 20, 2015
urboy1:
he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, if voted into power. smh..
[color=#990000][/color]What of declaring before actually entering.. ??/ undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by FastShipping: 1:41am On Feb 20, 2015
urboy1:

That is what the law says. The law says you must declare your asset before you are sworn-in into office. The law doesn't say you should declare your accept before you contest.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by ericessien24: 1:48am On Feb 20, 2015
thought he don't have up to 1m.wetin he want declare again. abeg tell am say we no say they can open account with another name and aboki no dey use bank self

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by ibkgab001: 1:51am On Feb 20, 2015
What else apart from 2 houses and 200 cows and 10,000 bokoharam members.... Amechi n Tinubu

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by vjsmiles: 2:19am On Feb 20, 2015
DECLARATIONOF ASSET IS DONE BY THE AUDITOR GENERAL UNDER HIS PAYROLL SO WE KNOW THE OBVIOUS angry

N/B:DONT SUPPORT GMB OR GEJ

6 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by pacesetter939: 2:36am On Feb 20, 2015
GMB is my man any day any time.

Ride on, my Genaral.

47 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by nzeadachie: 2:39am On Feb 20, 2015
IS IT NOT #1M AND 150 COWS AGAIN? CRIMINAL!!!

22 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by urboy1: 2:48am On Feb 20, 2015
FastShipping:

That is what the law says. The law says you must declare your asset before you are sworn-in into office. The law doesn't say you should declare your accept before you contest.

(((((Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, ''if voted into power''.)))))

I agree with you... Buhari on the other hand is saying he will declare.. IF HE WINS.. SO I AM ASKING.. WHY DONT HE DECLARE BEFORE EVEN GOING FOR THE ELECTION... Makes no sense to me... undecided

11 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by spott(m): 4:46am On Feb 20, 2015
Buhari is a man of his words. i trust him unlike GEJ that has not done so since 2011.

Sai Buhari

They said Buhari will take us back if elected President! Nigerians say it's a good decision to go back when you've lost your way on a 16yr PDP journey where our destination as a nation is no longer visible. Please, Buhari, take us back to the era where:
1. One Dollar was less than one Naira. It is incredible today!
2. Everything was on first come first serve basis.
3. There was zero tolerance for corruption.
4. Oil refineries in PortHarcourt, Warri & Kaduna were built & running at full capacity.
5. Anybody with questionable wealth was afraid to display it in public.
6. There was Zero tolerance for in discipline. Everything was in order
7. Nigeria had no debt at all.
8. Neglecting your children was a crime
9. Littering the public place was a crime
10. Twenty oil depots were built and functioning.
11 Western world can't interfere into our nation.
12. Chad invaded Nigeria, we sent them packing but did not harness their Land
13. Our economy was NOT running on generator
14. We can sleep with our eyes closed because we were secured.
15. Countries like Indonesia and Malaysia need not to set example on how to deal with drug pushers. 16. The Maitaseine Islamic Sect insurgency in the North was crushed on record time. 17. We want those days when Buhari was a military Governor but did not amass illegal wealth. 18. We want those days when Buhari was a Minister of Petroleum but did not hire a private jet for N10 billion. 19. We want those days when Buhari was a Head of State but did not loot the Treasury. 20. We want those days when Buhari was Head of PTF but did not steal the Fund even in the days of Abacha when stealing was the order of the day.
Pls, Buhari & Osinbajo, take us BACK! We can't afford another 4yrs of waste in the hands of PDP!!! Take us BACK to the good old days of this our great nation.
If you want this to happen, circulate the message!!!

123 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 20, 2015
One thing I demand from him is to show us the documents and also mention the bank where he collected loan for his nomination form. Shikena.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by jay2pee(m): 5:13am On Feb 20, 2015
What other assets does he want to declare apart from his 50cows. Abi some of his cows don die.... Buhari deceiving Nigerians since 2003. (Modified) the way I show on FP these days, I have d hope dat GEJ must surely win dis election........ GEJ till buhari contest presidency with me or my son...... Hit like if u wud like to contest also with Buhari

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by jay2pee(m): 5:17am On Feb 20, 2015
FastShipping:
GMB is an honest man. He is not coming to enrich himself. He is coming to reset the country and set it on path to greatness again.
If he is not coming to enrich himself, y fighting tooth and nail just to assume d power...... He is so desperate and a desperate person always have a negative agenda most times.....

15 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 20, 2015
Abia!

And declare his authentic WAEC result in what manner?

33 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by EmoBoy(m): 5:27am On Feb 20, 2015
He also promised that his government would work with the leadership of the National Assembly and the judiciary to cut down the cost of governance.

Lol. This man is funny

8 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Olofintoto(m): 5:32am On Feb 20, 2015
nd so pple's general?
declare ur asset wen u can't show us ur certificate.
I don't knw dat pple's general is nt only a general bt also a comedian

meanwhile GEJ till buhari will become a pastor.

19 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by AgentOfAllah: 5:33am On Feb 20, 2015
FastShipping:

Can you provide the part of the law that states the above?

5 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by AgentOfAllah: 5:36am On Feb 20, 2015
urboy1:

(((((Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, ''if voted into power''.)))))

I agree with you... Buhari on the other hand is saying he will declare.. IF HE WINS.. SO I AM ASKING.. WHY DONT HE DECLARE BEFORE EVEN GOING FOR THE ELECTION... Makes no sense to me... undecided
You're not making any sense.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by omenka(m): 5:41am On Feb 20, 2015
My President has spoken! smiley

Love this man. smiley

Meanwhile, when the "other guy" was asked, here was his response: "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN"!! cry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by ogb5(m): 5:46am On Feb 20, 2015
Why not start by showing the electorates your certificate. Obama did it, he showed everyone his birth certificate when requested, why can't buhari show his damn certificate.

18 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Pavore9: 5:48am On Feb 20, 2015
He who has nothing to hide, fears no scrutiny.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by clevvermind(m): 5:53am On Feb 20, 2015
tell us where your wife got the 135million naira from first.

22 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 20, 2015
I hope he tells us how his 150 cows gave birth to the 135m his wife spent on charity and how his 150 cows funds his daughter's education in the UK. Surrey of all places which is one of the most afluent part of UK. If you check well you may realise that the girl goes to school from a privately owned property owned by Buhari or a member of his family acting as proxy.

31 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by chymystique(f): 6:47am On Feb 20, 2015
STORY for the goDs! Beware of people that make too many promises, they can never be trusted. Eg GMB

16 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2015
jay2pee:

If he is not coming to enrich himself, y fighting tooth and nail just to assume d power...... He is so desperate and a desperate person always have a negative agenda most times.....
Gen Buhari is jez a normal human being as anybody else, even u.
so what's stoppin u 4rm also contestin 4 d same presidency office?
Oh I 4got, Jona don buy all of una put 4 pocket collect sole candidacy ticket grin

6 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2015
EmoBoy:

Lol. This man is funny
And what's funny? Or hw do u prefer he attempts to correct a seriously rotten system?
What can GEJ even do or attempt sef?

3 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2015
ogb5:
Why not start by showing the electorates your certificate. Obama did it, he showed everyone his birth certificate when requested, why can't buhari show his damn certificate.
Dreamin is free!
Keep doin it! cool

6 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari by alotofgrace(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2015
so whats stopping him now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: High Court Upholds Zamfara APC Primary Elections / Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable / River State Youths Begging For Rice From Oil Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.