Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? (3240 Views)

Please How Long Does It Take To Heal A Broken Heart? / 13 Ways On How To Heal A Broken Heart / Heal-a-heart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by lisaM31: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2009
I've been in a relationship for 6 years. I thought we were destined to be together forever i.e. marriage. I guess I was wrong, he broke up with me about 3 weeks ago, and he's already dating someone else. I put my all in this relationship and have invested so many years only to be left at HELLO?! I'm confused. I'm not eating, I can barely sleep. I honestly feel like the world has come to a stand still. He said he just didn't see himself marrying me. It took him 6years to figure that out? Huh? So he says he wants to be friends. It's so hard. How can I act like I'm not in pain and be friendly? If anyone can advice I will greatly appreciate it. What have you done to heal? Did you stay friends with your ex? Please be kind with your words. I am overly sensitive to negative remarks at this time, so I kindly request warm responses. Thank you.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by MissyB1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2009
Dearie . . .I feel your pain and . . . Sorry 'bout it.
At this point . . .words can do little or no good as it's obvious u're hurt.
It's not easy to whatch a r/s of a whole 6years slip away
but I still believe a broken r/s is better than a broken marriage.
Cheer up mate! wink
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by mikel05(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2009
hi,hope to hear 4rm u soon.can u please send me ur c/v?[quote][/quote]
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by xavier3(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
sorry o

its the same situation others are facing out there too because you aren't the first girl to experience it, it also happens to guys

grin grin so let go of your worries by flicking your lighter and blazing till kingdom come or drown yourself in bottles grin grin

seriously, it would surprise you how time flies then you would look back and laugh

you are your strength to overcome
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by Magz(m): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2009
Sorry, luv.

I will pray for you.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by Dungren(m): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2009
Believe me, there is no point being friends with your ex, it doesn't work out well. Not after going out for 6yrs. You would keep thinking he would come back to you and that would not allow you to move on with your life.

To heal your broken heart:

1. Let go of him
2. Let go of things that would remind you of him
3. Have more male friends
4. Engage yourself in things you love doing.

Cheers.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by H2O2: 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2009
Pele
xoxoxoxoxo
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by annmarien(f): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2009
LisaM31
ver@y sorry about d heartbreak, words can only do little. haven't been heartbroken but i know this much
you need time to heal. obviously its going to be hard doing things without the guy you spent such a significant part of your life with. try not to rush anything. you can't be friendly with him just yet. you need to cry all the hurt out before you can truly move on. don't subject yourself to indoor stay throughout. from time to time, be among close friends and family.you know, the people whom you trust the most, when you see your ex,try not to focus on the hurt he caused, but look on the bright side- YOU WOULD RATHER NOT WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU!. at least he wasnt leading you on
might seem like a long time but soon enough this phase would be in the past.something you would have learnt a lot of lessons from.and you'd get your very own prince charming someday
hope you believe in God. as a solid christian, i think the medicine you need and should seek is God.pray fervently for him to see you through this. He sees your hurt and definitely hasn't forgotten you. cast all your cares at his feet.
wish you alla the luck dear
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by sistawoman: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
I have been right were you are now.

I dated him for 5 years before we broke and I thought my heart was going to stop beating. The hurt and the pain was almost too much to bear.

I can only tell you what I did to get over the pain. And yes we did remain friends but I think that was only so he could keep an eye on me, because when I got married he stop returning my calls and emails went unanswered.

But I took it one day at a time. I cried and cried and cried alot. I started to work out more at the gym. I worked longer hours at work. I hung out more with my friends and when i was alone and feeling sorry for myself I journaled and I read. Here is what I read that truly helped me:

In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want
by Iyanla Vanzant

Faith in the Valley: Lessons for Women on the Journey Toward Peace
by Iyanla Vanzant,

Yesterday, I Cried: Celebrating the Lessons of Living and Loving
by Iyanla Vanzant

Acts of Faith: Meditations for People of Color
by Iyanla Vanzant

I still use this book for my daily meditation.

You have to allow time to grieve, to get it all out. Write it out, cry it out, talk it out. I talked to my best friend until i could not tell the story anymore, until i was disgusted that I was allowing him state my self worth.

I know/knew back then that I am a GREAT woman that any man would love to have as a spouse. And I knew/know that he was/is a fool for letting me go and that he would regret it even if he never told me so.

I meditated daily and just spent time with myself. He did it at the most appropriate time for me and for that I can never thank him enough. The kids were gone for summer vacation so I was free to grieve and did not have to pretend to be OK in front of them.

You have to take it one day at a time. You have to know that in time you will stop thinking about him (I kept telling myself that over and over again). And sure enough one day about 3 months later i realized that I did not think of him all day, in fact I had not thought of him all week. I knew then that my heart was healed.

Journaling was really a savior to me. Looking back on that hurt makes me hold on to what I have now.

I cant tell you how grateful, after all was said and done, I was to have loved him. He was the first man I was ever in love with and for that I cant thank him enough. If not for him showing me what real love is I would not have recognized it when I met my husband. If not for having loss it I would not value it to this day.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by chino4(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2009
Sorry for ur hurt.I am presently in the same situations,after 4years of dating she decides to call it off and tells me i am a nice guy but it aint working.Well i am some days old in this process and i guess with all i have been reading we wud definitely get over it.cheers.Try to keep urself occupied.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by ikamefa(f): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2009
lisaM31:

What have you done to heal? Did you stay friends with your ex?

haba! how can you stay friends with the person that broke your heart? am sure your ex is just trying to keep tabs on you with that friendship thingy,believe me it don't work.

it will surely take time to heal , my advise is : keep yourself busy! sistawoman mentioned journalling above ,, that could help  wink,when you can't bear the pain don't be afraid to let it all out( shout ,scream,trash things "  grin " as long as you aint internalising it) .if you have family and friends around you this is the time you need them most.
like someone said you have the strength to get through this, this too shall pass cheesy
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by tope2000(f): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2009
I dont even know what to say undecided
I guess u shud take sistawoman's advice cuz she been there too.
be strong wink
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by sillyboy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2009
tope2000:

I don't even know what to say undecided
I guess u should take sistawoman's advice because she been there too.
be strong wink

Hw about you?. . . .
Show me a woman who hasnt been broken hearted once. . .and I will point a woman who is still a kid to you.

@ Topic.

See why "insurance" is important in relationship?
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by sLEEK3: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2009
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by tope2000(f): 1:28am On Jan 08, 2009
sillyboy:

Hw about you?. . . .
Show me a woman who hasnt been broken hearted onceand I will point a woman who is still a kid to you.

@ Topic.

See why "insurance" is important in relationship?

At one stage in every1's life, you will get heartbroken by something or someone. but 6yrssssssss Damn!!!! lipsrsealed
What insurance r we talkin about here?
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 1:34am On Jan 08, 2009
Make him Jelous.Go on a date with a sexy man at his favorite spot.Wear your favorite attention grabber outfit.Pretend to be into the Guy and even give him a kiss on the cheek a couple of times.Make sure Your ex sees it.IT will burn his heart!!
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by Moonstone(f): 1:34am On Jan 08, 2009
I'm so sorry. I can't say I know how it feels but as sistawoman said, find other things to do. Immerse yourself into anything that would make you forget. it's better and very therapeutic. Also, look forward to moving on with your life. There's always someone better than your ex. Trust me on that one. I know that for a fact.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 1:36am On Jan 08, 2009
Make him Jelous.Go on a date with a sexy man at his favorite spot.Wear your favorite attention grabber outfit.Pretend to be into the Guy and even give him a kiss on the cheek a couple of times.Make sure Your ex sees it.IT will burn his heart!!
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by sillyboy(m): 1:39am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

At one stage in everyone's life, you will get heartbroken by something or someone. but 6yrssssssss Damn!!!! lipsrsealed
What insurance r we talkin about here?

Insurance of having a stand by boyfriend of cus. . . .
and remember, Insurance cover aint valid without Premium paid.

Pls dont ask me what premium should be between a man and a woman ooo.

SeanT21:

This is so ridiculous. make a man that dumped you after 6 years jealous?. . . . .
Please OP. . . .dont follow Sean's suggestion ooo.
else u will make a fool of yourself.
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by H2O2: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2009
SeanT21:

LOL I will just finger the sexy bartender to piss you off
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by vicade(m): 1:43am On Jan 08, 2009
@ Poster

Sorry o. Hearts get brken everyday. Six years is a long time but nothing do you. You just have to be strong and move on. spend more time with friends, go to parties,cheer up and spend more times outdoors than indoors. Spending time with people you love and meeting new people helps. It worked for my sister anyway. Keep your head up.

RISE ABOVE and i wish you all the best
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 1:48am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

LOL I will just finger the sexy bartender to piss you off

LMAO!! shocked cry
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by ztyle(m): 1:52am On Jan 08, 2009
Why cry ?
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by H2O2: 1:55am On Jan 08, 2009
SeanT you better marry a Nigerian man. See how slow your Liberian comrade ztyle is undecided
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 1:58am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

SeanT you better marry a Nigerian man. See how slow your Liberian comrade ztyle is undecided

Zytle dranked 2 much malta~~
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by ztyle(m): 2:26am On Jan 08, 2009
Lol[b], # H202[/b] Why u dey Jealous like Fish? grin

# SeanT21 sorry it's too much RED BULL. . . .till sippinq it
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by allboyz(m): 2:26am On Jan 08, 2009
@poster. . so sowie. . 6 years ain't easily.

you just need someone. .  maybe a close friend or parents to be around you so that you can think less of it, its painful though but you have the strength inside of you.

cheers.

SENT21. .  IM BACK
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 2:27am On Jan 08, 2009
allboyz:

you just need someone. . maybe a close friend or parents to be around you so that you can think less of it, its painful though but you have the strength inside of you.

cheers.

SENT21. . I'm BACK

Welcome BACK!!

ztyle:

Lol[b], # H202[/b] Why u dey Jealous like Fish? grin

# SeanT21 sorry it's too much RED BULL. . . .till sippinq it

U dont say!!
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 2:28am On Jan 08, 2009
allboyz:

you just need someone. . maybe a close friend or parents to be around you so that you can think less of it, its painful though but you have the strength inside of you.

cheers.

SENT21. . I'm BACK

How U been sammy?

did you vacation out of Lagos?
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by ztyle(m): 2:32am On Jan 08, 2009
#SeanT21 - My girl u said what?
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by SeanT21(f): 2:36am On Jan 08, 2009
ztyle:

#SeanT21 - My girl u said what?

Stop drinking the red bull! tongue
Re: How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? by ztyle(m): 2:42am On Jan 08, 2009
My girl dat thinq u talkinq aren't gettinq you, in liberia RED BULL na for fun! ehh your can drink it down there?

. . . .Lol Liberian English!! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me Judge. Why Are Some Girls Like This? Girls! / Could He Be HIV+ Or He Just Doesnot Like The Relationship? Please Read. / Photos: Meet The 55 Year Old Woman Who Looks Like A 29 Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.