Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun (57459 Views)

Nigerians React To New Photos Of Buhari In London With Tinubu And Akande / Saraki, Amosun, Oyegun And Ambode At Inauguration Ceremony Of Obaseki / Bukola Saraki Pictured With Tony Blair Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by socialwritter: 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
Exclusive! Photo of Kiss Daniel with colleagues at the NYSC orientation camp - See more at: http://socialwritter..com/#sthash.M4CcTdhP.dpuf
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by barnaby04(m): 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
osmosis2015:

How much did APC pay this guy? Your write-up is so childish and you need grow up fool.

The day God gave out wisdom and courtesies, PDPs, SAtanists and GEJites were omitted from God's list, no wonder people like Doyin Okupe, Femi Fani Kayode, Ayo Fayose can decide to be running their mouths without commas or fullstops.

In your own case, silence is the best answer for a FOOL, cos I won't dignify a small brat like you that ought to be reading for his Jamb or WAEC exams my response.

Look for your mates ahead cos SHOE GET SIZE!

1 Like

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
barnaby04:

The day God gave out wisdom and courtesies, PDPs, SAtanists and GEJites were omitted from God's list, no wonder people like Doyin Okupe, Femi Fani Kayode, Ayo Fayose can decide to be running their mouths without commas or fullstops.

In your own case, silence is the best answer for a FOOL, cos I won't dignify a small brat like you that ought to be reading for his Jamb or WAEC exams my response.

Look for your mates ahead cos SHOE GET SIZE!

APC COCKROACH, CRY CRY BABY.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by bakila: 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
halimaabi:
Don't trust APC another scam, chatham house schedule no Buhari to speak there, APC in their usual style would have given us several pics maybe another old pics and it's not even clear.
pishure no clear? You old age has begin to show in how you eyes function. Sorry Buhari and Blair live in London.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by SirShymexx: 12:50am On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:

Bros I wish you could point out one thing Blair did for blacks when he was in office.
Black people in the UK have not fared any better under Blair's so called New Labour - yes, a few token blacks have been thrown a few crumbs but that's it. Yes blacks were openly discriminated against in the UK in the 70s, 80s and 90s but now the discrimination has gone underground but the result is still the same.

According to a study conducted by the University of Manchester last year black people still face significant barriers to social mobility despite being better qualified than their white counterparts, therefore I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Blair ever did anything for blacks in the UK during his tenure in office. #

The UK is still a racist place but its mostly covert now, but sometimes it bubbles to the surface - lets not forget what happend only last week between racist Chelsea supporters and a black guy on a train in Paris:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jun/12/ethnic-minorities-social-mobility-employment

Brev, I never said everything is perfect - the UK is still as racist as ever, especially the institutionalised and covert racism. I was just alluding to certain policies that were effected during Blair's tenure, which led to improved opportunities for black folks. Without even saying much, once you look at immigration and how we have loads of black folks here today - you can't do nothing but laud the guy. How many black people were running around, owning properties and businesses before in the 70s, 80s, and 90? I lived through the 90s, and there weren't that many black folks running around back then. And how about compare him to Margaret Thatcher and John Major? The Brixton riots?

Anyway, I'll go off the top and list a few things:

- He started training programmes for young welfare recipients from the poorest backgrounds - and provided them with free training to expand employment opportunities.

- Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) for young people in College, from the most disadvantaged backgrounds, also started during his tenure. Ditto the expansion of youth clubs to keep idle teenagers and youths off the streets.

- The housing/mortgage scheme was also expanded during his tenure. You can't deny the fact that there was housing boom while he was there. And that was also when loads of black folks started buying houses in Kent, and Essex - with white flight.

- There was a surge in the number of MPs who're minorities, and minorities were encouraged to get involved in decision-making about their communities.

- Also, under his government, there were improved opportunities for minorities. Higher education in-take was expanded, to allow more disadvantaged people from the poorest backgrounds in. And that effectively helped a lot of minorities. I think legal aid was also expanded during his tenure.

Those are just few things I can remember right now. Don't even get me started with Ken Livingstone, and his tenure as the Mayor of London, and how minorities benefited a lot as well. And that was also under Blair's government.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 4:31am On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:
My worst suspicions have now been fully confirmed - Buhari has been given the seal of approval by one of the worlds worst war criminals - Tony Blair - that says it all - any Nigerian who expects anything different under the incoming Buhari regime needs to have a psychiatric assessment. I used to be a Buhari fan because I thought he was the same man that he was 30 years ago, now I realise he is just another sell out.

Why did he change?
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by waternogetemeny: 9:07am On Feb 22, 2015
leofab:
a million kisses. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
so seductive... kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by manalk: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
But that place is Tony Blair's Teaching Hospital London! Can't you see doctors and nurses at the background!

These APC people you can't deceive us!
Lol.... Like President Like Supporters
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
igbo2011:

Why did he change?

In order to get into power and hold onto power. I believe he now knows that if he adopts the same stance on economic policy that he had in 1983 he will be removed again by the west.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Brev, I never said everything is perfect - the UK is still as racist as ever, especially the institutionalised and covert racism. I was just alluding to certain policies that were effected during Blair's tenure, which led to improved opportunities for black folks. Without even saying much, once you look at immigration and how we have loads of black folks here today - you can't do nothing but laud the guy. How many black people were running around, owning properties and businesses before in the 70s, 80s, and 90? I lived through the 90s, and there weren't that many black folks running around back then. And how about compare him to Margaret Thatcher and John Major? The Brixton riots?

Anyway, I'll go off the top and list a few things:

- He started training programmes for young welfare recipients from the poorest backgrounds - and provided them with free training to expand employment opportunities.

- Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) for young people in College, from the most disadvantaged backgrounds, also started during his tenure. Ditto the expansion of youth clubs to keep idle teenagers and youths off the streets.

- The housing/mortgage scheme was also expanded during his tenure. You can't deny the fact that there was housing boom while he was there. And that was also when loads of black folks started buying houses in Kent, and Essex - with white flight.

- There was a surge in the number of MPs who're minorities, and minorities were encouraged to get involved in decision-making about their communities.

- Also, under his government, there were improved opportunities for minorities. Higher education in-take was expanded, to allow more disadvantaged people from the poorest backgrounds in. And that effectively helped a lot of minorities. I think legal aid was also expanded during his tenure.

Those are just few things I can remember right now. Don't even get me started with Ken Livingstone, and his tenure as the Mayor of London, and how minorities benefited a lot as well. And that was also under Blair's government.

All of the above things you've mentioned do not address the root causes of institutionalised racism in the UK. Blair may have made it possible for more minorities to go into higher education but this doesn't solve the inevitable problem of unemployment that many of them still face when they finish their studies. If you read the link I posted you will find that blacks consistently outperform whites in terms of higher educational qualifications but they still suffer high levels of unemployment. Racism in the UK is institutionalised which is defined as the collective failure of all arms of a system to assist an individual simply because of their race, ethnic origin or colour.
Blair may have tinkered around with some parts of the system but the rest of the system remains fully intact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by SirShymexx: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:

All of the above things you've mentioned do not address the root causes of institutionalised racism in the UK. Blair may have made it possible for more minorities to go into higher education but this doesn't solve the inevitable problem of unemployment that many of them still face when they finish their studies. If you read the link I posted you will find that blacks consistently outperform whites in terms of higher educational qualifications but they still suffer high levels of unemployment. Racism in the UK is institutionalised which is defined as the collective failure of all arms of a system to assist an individual simply because of their race, ethnic origin or colour.
Blair may have tinkered around with some parts of the system but the rest of the system remains fully intact.

Err, you still aren't getting my point. My point is that: Blair and the "New Labour" did make life a tad bit easier for the minorities. Before 1997, things were tougher. That's also the reason why we've a Chuka Ummuna vying for the PM seat...and the reason why tons of black folks feel integrated into mainstream Britain. And also why you have tons of Nigerians in London running around today like they own everywhere. They wouldn't have been able to do that pre-Blair. Do you remember how black folks used to dump their kids in foster homes cos they didn't have enough money to raise them?

Institutionalised racism isn't going anywhere, it's here to stay, and no one man can change that - reality. It's their country, and no matter how post-racial and globalised the world might be projecting itself on the surface...they'll always feel a sense of ownership to what belongs to them. And black folks are still a meagre 3-5% of the population. We just need to live with that, and make use of whatever opportunity presents itself.

What I've come to realise over the years is that: it's somewhat problematic to always feel a sense of ownership to what doesn't belong to you. That's how dreams are shattered. I remember growing up and how everyone used to be too engulfed in the dream they keep selling to us about sense of entitlement, till getting out there and discovering that it's just some MLK-esque dream - and you're just like any fresh African that just got off the boat yesterday. It's real out here on these streets, hence a lot of young black folks are disenfranchised cos they don't treat us like we belong here. When fuvckers ask you all the time about where ya parents are from, and make everything about that - then you know shiit is real.

Anyway, things are better now and at least I can drive around London and see smiling black faces everywhere. It never used to be like that.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:

In order to get into power and hold onto power. I believe he now knows that if he adopts the same stance on economic policy that he had in 1983 he will be removed again by the west.

So who do we vie for? Want aristede in haiti overt thrown twice why can't he still do what he did before.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Err, you still aren't getting my point. My point is that: Blair and the "New Labour" did make life a tad bit easier for the minorities. Before 1997, things were tougher. That's also the reason why we've a Chuka Ummuna vying for the PM seat...and the reason why tons of black folks feel integrated into mainstream Britain. And also why you have tons of Nigerians in London running around today like they own everywhere. They wouldn't have been able to do that pre-Blair. Do you remember how black folks used to dump their kids in foster homes cos they didn't have enough money to raise them?

Institutionalised racism isn't going anywhere, it's here to stay, and no one man can change that - reality. It's their country, and no matter how post-racial and globalised the world might be projecting itself on the surface...they'll always feel a sense of ownership to what belongs to them. And black folks are still a meagre 3-5% of the population. We just need to live with that, and make use of whatever opportunity presents itself.

What I've come to realise over the years is that: it's somewhat problematic to always feel a sense of ownership to what doesn't belong to you. That's how dreams are shattered. I remember growing up and how everyone used to be too engulfed in the dream they keep selling to us about sense of entitlement, till getting out there and discovering that it's just some MLK-esque dream - and you're just like any fresh African that just got off the boat yesterday. It's real out here on these streets, hence a lot of young black folks are disenfranchised cos they don't treat us like we belong here. When fuvckers ask you all the time about where ya parents are from, and make everything about that - then you know shiit is real.

Anyway, things are better now and at least I can drive around London and see smiling black faces everywhere. It never used to be like that.

Chuka Umunna is a token black puppet who does not represent the interests of the average black person in the UK so I don't see his appointment as a plus for black people in general.

When was the last time you heard Chuka Umunna addressing issues of inequality, discrimination and deaths of black men in police custody?

With regard to Nigerians running around in the UK - how many of them have good jobs? Majority do the jobs that british people don't want, actually thats one of the reasons why New Labour relaxed immigration laws as they need cheap labour to keep their economy ticking over.

You say that blacks should simply put up with institutionalised racism because the UK is not our country - it seems as if you've forgotten that Britain's wealth was built on the blood and sweat of slavery, colonialism and now immigrant labour, surely black people deserve to be treated as equals in a country which was built on the blood and sweat of their ancestors?

Anyway theres a black british guy i'd like you to listen to, you might know him his name is Akala - I have a lot of respect for him - see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzqHKQEBQK4

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:

Chuka Umunna is a token black puppet who does not represent the interests of the average black person in the UK so I don't see his appointment as a plus for black people in general.

When was the last time you heard Chuka Umunna addressing issues of inequality, discrimination and deaths of black men in police custody?

With regard to Nigerians running around in the UK - how many of them have good jobs? Majority do the jobs that british people don't want, actually thats one of the reasons why New Labour relaxed immigration laws as they need cheap labour to keep their economy ticking over.

You say that blacks should simply put up with institutionalised racism because the UK is not our country - it seems as if you've forgotten that Britain's wealth was built on the blood and sweat of slavery, colonialism and now immigrant labour, surely black people deserve to be treated as equals in a country which was built on the blood and sweat of their ancestors?

Anyway theres a black british guy i'd like you to listen to, you might know him his name is Akala - I have a lot of respect for him - see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzqHKQEBQK4

You listen to Akala? This guy is my favorite rapper he is so smart. He changed my life listening to his music and watching his lectures, videos and interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Aho9vpqLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPn1lkeZ1hU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wzUx8GEaIk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
igbo2011:

You listen to Akala? This guy is my favorite rapper he is so smart. He changed my life listening to his music and watching his lectures, videos and interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Aho9vpqLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPn1lkeZ1hU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wzUx8GEaIk

He is absolutely brilliant my brother, very very intelligent yet humble. These are the sort of young black men that are needed in the community to educate and motivate the younger ones coming up. Thanks for posting those videos. The guy is a gem and his knowledge and intelligence is outstanding.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
igbo2011:

So who do we vie for? Want aristede in haiti overt thrown twice why can't he still do what he did before.

Buhari unfortunately is no Aristide, all of Buharis backers are former PDP criminals who have jumped ship to be in APC which is nothing more than an affiliate of PDP.
Even if Buhari has some good intentions the criminals that are backing him will prevent him from implementing any of them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by SirShymexx: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
cap28:

Lmao...you don't have to tell me about Akala. I know Akala - he's Ms. Dynamite's younger brother lol. I'm a grime head, and I used to clash people in secondary sch. on the bus and everywhere. Do you know Black the Ripper, Lowkey, Swiss, Poet etc..? Even Jaja Soze of PDC is also in the conscious thing. Cap, I'm not the guy you should be educating about black people, and the experience in the UK - I've been part of the movement since my Uni days - from LDN to Birmingham. C'mon now, I used to run around with Rastas and JA mandem who wear dashiki every summer. And I've been to loads of seminars about black consciousness and Afrocentricism everywhere. From Ashra Kwesi, to Dr. Molefi Asante, to Dr. Leonard Jeffries etc..

I understand ya point and I share certain sentiments as well. However, I'm looking at the bigger picture vis-a-vis certain policies Tony Blair's government effected, and why he needs to be lauded for what he did. It might be small, but it did touch a lot of lives. I've seen Akala and Swiss allude to the same thing, and almost everything I posited to you. You can go dig up YouTube for their interviews during the London riots.

Yes, the UK was built on the sweat of black folks - but hey, times have changed and the indigenous folks own their land. We can all sit down and cry all day, but that won't change anything. And we can't go to war with them cos we're just a meagre 3% of the population, and I'm sure half of our population is made up of Uncle Toms and Aunt Tomasinas who will never go against Massa. So, what are we going to do? - absolutely nothing. Evidently, it's better to make the best out of what we've got and focus on wealth creation and how to make our communities better. Institutionalised racism is an unwinnable war. We can critique it, but there is nothing we can do about it. Worrying about things like that will just make you depressed - been there, done that - it's a new dawn. grin

Anyway, though Akala is mixed, he doesn't see himself as black British - he aligns more with his Jamaican and black roots. I honestly don't know why you always tout the black British thing...it's a choice and not everyone aligns with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by babestella: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=14pt]If Buhari like let him hold a meeting in the moon with Mohammed & 72 virgins he can't win this election. By the way, that is an old picture.[/size]
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by SirShymexx: 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cap28,

Let's say you want to start a protest against the establishment and institutionalised tomorrow, how many black folks are going to testify with you and join the movement? Can you count on all these fresh immigrants who would rather go worship their pastors or imams, and head to their menial jobs afterwards, to join you? And they do make up a huge percentage of the black population.

The London riot is a classic example - none of them left their houses, and a lot of them were chatting shiit. So, you want to sacrifice ya life and future for ungrateful folks and opportunists, no? You're on a long thing, bruddah. Just focus on yourself and make the best out of life.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by Olaone1: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Something tells me these pics are fake undecided undecided
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2015
cap28:

He is absolutely brilliant my brother, very very intelligent yet humble. These are the sort of young black men that are needed in the community to educate and motivate the younger ones coming up. Thanks for posting those videos. The guy is a gem and his knowledge and intelligence is outstanding.

The problem is that most young black people worship people in media who are coons and sell outs We need to find a new definition of success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnOc9xBqHE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkm7yi1inSs
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 12:53am On Feb 23, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao...you don't have to tell me about Akala. I know Akala - he's Ms. Dynamite's younger brother lol. I'm a grime head, and I used to clash people in secondary sch. on the bus and everywhere. Do you know Black the Ripper, Lowkey, Swiss, Poet etc..? Even Jaja Soze of PDC is also in the conscious thing. Cap, I'm not the guy you should be educating about black people, and the experience in the UK - I've been part of the movement since my Uni days - from LDN to Birmingham. C'mon now, I used to run around with Rastas and JA mandem who wear dashiki every summer. And I've been to loads of seminars about black consciousness and Afrocentricism everywhere. From Ashra Kwesi, to Dr. Molefi Asante, to Dr. Leonard Jeffries etc..

I understand ya point and I share certain sentiments as well. However, I'm looking at the bigger picture vis-a-vis certain policies Tony Blair's government effected, and why he needs to be lauded for what he did. It might be small, but it did touch a lot of lives. I've seen Akala and Swiss allude to the same thing, and almost everything I posited to you. You can go dig up YouTube for their interviews during the London riots.

Yes, the UK was built on the sweat of black folks - but hey, times have changed and the indigenous folks own their land. We can all sit down and cry all day, but that won't change anything. And we can't go to war with them cos we're just a meagre 3% of the population, and I'm sure half of our population is made up of Uncle Toms and Aunt Tomasinas who will never go against Massa. So, what are we going to do? - absolutely nothing. Evidently, it's better to make the best out of what we've got and focus on wealth creation and how to make our communities better. Institutionalised racism is an unwinnable war. We can critique it, but there is nothing we can do about it. Worrying about things like that will just make you depressed - been there, done that - it's a new dawn. grin

Anyway, though Akala is mixed, he doesn't see himself as black British - he aligns more with his Jamaican and black roots. I honestly don't know why you always tout the black British thing...it's a choice and not everyone aligns with it.

I love the UK underground hip hop scene!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KzvuZfi80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4G1Lx0YUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwNp4ODaTQ

Also shymmexx I see where you are in your life. I am feeling the same way black people's minds are FUBAR. We can't win and we need to do what we can to make our lives and communities better and stop thinking about our struggle it will get you depressed.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by SirShymexx: 9:20am On Feb 23, 2015
igbo2011:

I love the UK underground hip hop scene!!

Also shymmexx I see where you are in your life. I am feeling the same way black people's minds are FUBAR. We can't win and we need to do what we can to make our lives and communities better and stop thinking about our struggle it will get you depressed.

Our hip hop scene is decent, we just haven't had the big machine behind US hip hop to push it to the world. And most folks are too used to US accent, and will find it a tad bit difficult to relate to folks with a British accent. Slick Rick and Monie Love are from London.

Wealth creation and our communities are the most important things we should focus on, rather than fighting an unwinnable war. We don't even get along, and our experiences are different.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by isalegan2: 12:58am On Feb 25, 2015
cap28:

Sankara wasn't a sell out neither was Castro or Chavez, is it too much for us to ask for a leader with integrity or is that only meant for others? Are we really a nation of cowards too lazy and greedy to demand for real change as opposed to superficial change. APC is an affiliation of PDP there is no difference between the two, they are puppets of the same imperialists monsters who have enslaved us for over 500 years. Why are we content to keep allowing these people to destroy not only our own destinies but the destinies of future generations?

The incumbent and the incoming are both puppets of western imperialism what is the point of replacing one puppet with another one?

hi, cap. i really dont think buhari is anyone's puppet. cant type much. on phone.

igbo2011! hi, bros. long time. my bad. cheesy
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
But surely a leader with the good intentions is better than what we have at the moment. Don't you agree?
cap28:

Buhari unfortunately is no Aristide, all of Buharis backers are former PDP criminals who have jumped ship to be in APC which is nothing more than an affiliate of PDP.
Even if Buhari has some good intentions the criminals that are backing him will prevent him from implementing any of them.

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hi madam.
I suspect that cap28 if he is honest is opposed to Buhari because he is Northerner, more than any other reason.

I truely hope I am wrong, but it is a sad reality that even apparently enlightened and educated individuals living abroad exposed to mature democratic processes still find it hard to shake off entrenched tribal prejudices.

isalegan2:

hi, cap. i really dont think buhari is anyone's puppet. cant type much. on phone.

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
Hi madam.
I suspect that cap28 if he is honest is opposed to Buhari because he is Northerner, more than any other reason.

I truely hope I am wrong, but it is a sad reality that even apparently enlightened and educated individuals living abroad exposed to mature democratic processes still find it hard to shake off entrenched tribal prejudices.

Bros if you knew me personally you would know that your above statement is way off track. In an earlier post I said that I lost faith in Buhari when I discovered the kind of people who are backing him, many of these people are southerners (Amaechi , Fashola, Tinubu) who I know are corrupt and do not mean well for Nigeria. Buhari 30 years ago is not the same Buhari you are seeing today. I believe that those criminals who may also be his financiers are merely hiding behind his anti corruption stance in order to fool the Nigerian electorate into voting them into office. ONce these APC vampires have their way their true colours will emerge. Buhari is basically being used as a front man, I believe that he has lost the apetite to fight against the corrupt vultures who are in the majority in Nigerian politics. Even if he means well he will be outnumbered, at 72 he is now too old to mount any kind of serious opposition against these people, it took me a while to come to this conclusion as I really believed in him but my suspicions were confirmed 100% when I saw that pic of him with Tony Blair. Trust me there is no way the UK would endorse Buhari if they knew he had not changed his anti IMF stance of 30 years ago. This was therefore the deal breaker for me because as you know the IMF is and will always be one of the root causes of the economic problems that we continue to endure in Nigeria today.
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
Hi madam.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by cap28: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
isalegan2:

no worries, see my response to Gen Buhari above wink
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 03, 2015
Well it is good to know that you are not opposed to Buhari for tribal reasons.

But even taking into account what you said about him being likely to be ineffective, the fact the people that remains that he is the best option to try for now.

I agree that America and Europe will do whatever is necessary to stop him gaining power, because Buhari is likely to look into how they
have been robbing us blind during the last 16years of PDP misrule.
Buhari follows the advice of his campaign organisers and handlers and it could be a sort of charm offensive to visit the UK to allay their fears somewhat.
cap28:

Bros if you knew me personally you would know that your above statement is way off track. In an earlier post I said that I lost faith in Buhari when I discovered the kind of people who are backing him, many of these people are southerners (Amaechi , Fashola, Tinubu) who I know are corrupt and do not mean well for Nigeria. Buhari 30 years ago is not the same Buhari you are seeing today. I believe that those criminals who may also be his financiers are merely hiding behind his anti corruption stance in order to fool the Nigerian electorate into voting them into office. ONce these APC vampires have their way their true colours will emerge. Buhari is basically being used as a front man, I believe that he has lost the apetite to fight against the corrupt vultures who are in the majority in Nigerian politics. Even if he means well he will be outnumbered, at 72 he is now too old to mount any kind of serious opposition against these people, it took me a while to come to this conclusion as I really believed in him but my suspicions were confirmed 100% when I saw that pic of him with Tony Blair. Trust me there is no way the UK would endorse Buhari if they knew he had not changed his anti IMF stance of 30 years ago. This was therefore the deal breaker for me because as you know the IMF is and will always be one of the root causes of the economic problems that we continue to endure in Nigeria today.t

Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by igbo2011(m): 2:16am On Mar 03, 2015
cap28:

Bros if you knew me personally you would know that your above statement is way off track. In an earlier post I said that I lost faith in Buhari when I discovered the kind of people who are backing him, many of these people are southerners (Amaechi , Fashola, Tinubu) who I know are corrupt and do not mean well for Nigeria. Buhari 30 years ago is not the same Buhari you are seeing today. I believe that those criminals who may also be his financiers are merely hiding behind his anti corruption stance in order to fool the Nigerian electorate into voting them into office. ONce these APC vampires have their way their true colours will emerge. Buhari is basically being used as a front man, I believe that he has lost the apetite to fight against the corrupt vultures who are in the majority in Nigerian politics. Even if he means well he will be outnumbered, at 72 he is now too old to mount any kind of serious opposition against these people, it took me a while to come to this conclusion as I really believed in him but my suspicions were confirmed 100% when I saw that pic of him with Tony Blair. Trust me there is no way the UK would endorse Buhari if they knew he had not changed his anti IMF stance of 30 years ago. This was therefore the deal breaker for me because as you know the IMF is and will always be one of the root causes of the economic problems that we continue to endure in Nigeria today.

Who do we vote for and support then? Is Affiong Affiong running for office?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32wSqI1mw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmmozaj9Ck
Re: Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun by opeoluwae: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
He is he is most likely going to become the next senate president

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, Oluremi Hamzat Dressed In Girl Guides Uniform (photos) / Photo: Obasanjo Using A Selfie Stick..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.