Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse (1055 Views)

How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) / A Good Apology Can Prevent Relationship Problems / How A Mature Man Couldn't Control His Urge Even In BRT Standing Queue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by keader: 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
We have been together for close to two years. The major issue I have with her has been communication. I try my best possible to improve this, but she doesn't seem to be doing enough on her part. I let her know what I'm doing and happenings in my family just to improve communication, but she's never willing to say anything about hers if I do not ask. I can't count the number of times I've brought up issues that has to do with communication with her.

Another issue that I have with her is her difficulty in offering verbal apology whenever she's wrong, she prefers to send text. The truth is I don't like this and I've brought it up with her times without number. This is a lady I plan to settle down with this year and I do not think that mode of apologizing is acceptable. Another issue that came up recently had to do with her social media engagement. I don't check her phone or have access to her social media account because I wasn't interested. There was a day she left her phone beside me on the bed I just picked it up. On checking some of her chats with some of her male friends, I noticed she never disclosed she was in a relationship to some of them. Some were even inviting her to visit them at home... for you to understand the kind of discussion they were having. I brought this up with her and all she said was "they only invited her but she didn't go". I really got pissed and I let her know that's flirting if she doesn't know. A guy won't just wake up to invite you to his house without u encouraging him in some ways.

She's in her final semester and it's a privilege that I've been paying her tuition (due to financial constraint) for almost three sessions; yet she has never discussed her results with me. I decided to ask her last Monday all she said was that she always forgot to discuss it with me. That alone pissed me off because I believe she would have discussed her results with some of her friends. She sent me a text to apologize which I ignored. She called a couple of times after that...I ignored it because I was really angry with her. I ignored her for three days because I want to pass a message across to her. I called her on the third day with the intention of resolving the issue...the first thing she told me was that she doesn't know what she has done wrong that warranted such reaction from me. I told her to sit and think about what happened and she should call me back once she knows what she has done wrong. She hasn't called me till now.

To cut the long story short...I called her on Friday to come over to my place on Saturday afternoon (to resolve issues) she told me she'll let me know if she can make it. She sent me a text she couldn't make it; I replied by asking for the reason but she never replied. I sent her a text tonight that she has a lot to learn but she's not too willing; she replied with an insult telling me real men don't behave the way I did. I felt deeply hurt with the statement. I just wonder if such a lady is really ready for marriage.
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Cutehector(m): 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
U hav been payin her school fees and she is treatin u like fOotball. U r definitely in some sort of benin spell
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by iceberylin(m): 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
Collapse undecided

Una be building?

2 Likes

Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Ezibless: 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
Communication is the key factor in any relationship.
It won't be all lovey-dovey when you're getting old together;communication is what would keep you both.

I just wounder how one relate without effective communication.

@Op,if you can't tolerate her attitude,don't go on with her 'cause marriage is a looooooooong journey without spare tyregrin
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Op from everything you have said, I don't think this lady likes you

I believe the only reason that she is still having anything to do with you is because you are the one paying her tuition fees.

There are other girls out there. Don't waste your love on this woman

1 Like

Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by ArchEnemy(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Op is sitting on a keg of gun powder and playing with a candle.

Cant you see some lack of interest?
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Ezibless: 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cutehector:
U hav been payin her school fees and she is treatin u like fOotball. U r definitely in some sort of benin spell

lol,wetin come bring Benin come here na?

1 Like

Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Cutehector(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ezibless:

lol,wetin come bring Benin come here na?
I hear say dr winch no get part two
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by chromoTop: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Op I think you need to sort this issues out:

ONE: paying her school fee for 3 sessions! it means you started paying her fees immediately you started dating! how could you? she is not obliged to share her result with you. angry she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. Friend, you are DORO-maga! lipsrsealed

TWO: yes communication is important in a relationship, but she doesn't have to share her family issues with you! probably she can't trust you enough with her family secrets/issues.

THREE: She is wrong not to apologize to you in person. but not everyone is that humble enough to admit wrongdoing. it takes time. show her by example.

in all i think you are dealing with a lady who is with you coz you meet her needs. re-assess your relationship, stop paying her fees and see where it leads both of you. i bet she will change completely. cool
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Ezibless: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cutehector:
I hear say dr winch no get part two

Ha!
Buh d op no say na winch dey disturb him babe nagrin
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Cutehector(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ezibless:

Ha!
Buh d op no say na winch dey disturb him babe nagrin
no I mean say na under spell him dey. D guy dey eff up seriously. Him dey pay d school fees still d babe dey turn turn am. She aint grateful sha. She wicked
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Ezibless: 11:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cutehector:
no I mean say na under spell him dey. D guy dey eff up seriously. Him dey pay d school fees still d babe dey turn turn am. She aint grateful sha. She wicked

cheesy
Well,i'd say he was so into her and she really wasn't that into him.
Your guy should be your best friend,share secret and give respect @least.

Op didn't notice for 2 good years.

#love is really BLIND!
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Cutehector(m): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ezibless:

cheesy
Well,i'd say he was so into her and she really wasn't that into him.
Your guy should be your best friend,share secret and give respect @least.

Op didn't notice for 2 good years.

#love is really BLIND!
I just duno what will warrant me to pay a lady's school fees and be hopin hopelessly dat I wil end up marryn her. Am I madt
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ah bros. Keader , if dis ya story is true ehn, den am shocked dat some guys are still as ntonshious as u.

Baba mbok remove marriage from ur mind oh. Dis chic aint good for nothing beyond sex, finito. I advice u keep her as ur sexmate while u keep searching for a beta chic.

If to say na me ehn, da mpa kung itut ado tutu itut ado abongpo.

Wot nonsense?
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by diportivo: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2015
bros,givin it to u straight ehn,u are on a looong thing embarassed...not discussing her studies that you are paying for ...thats ur answer right there my chairman...you are the owner of the foundation thats giving scholarship to the indigent lady (bless you)...is it just apologies that she isnt giving face to face?wait till she graduates.wen the scholarship wouldv run its cause,u will see d oda hidden aspects of her.by then u wldnt need advice from nl.ur eye go sharply open
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by khassy(m): 1:57am On Feb 23, 2015
sowie
NEXT
GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 23, 2015
keader:
she replied with an insult telling me real men don't behave the way I did.
She actually said this to you?
Hmmm, then maybe she has been seeing some "real men" then.
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by shanda(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2015
This shows that we still have some caring guys out there, but this particular lady do not appreciate you. I just can't imagine my girl telling me that i'm not behaving like a real man. That's a big insult looking at what u've contributed to her life and personal development.

She's probably a kid and an immature one. An experienced lady would never behave the way she did. She's obviously not humble as u initially thought...that's why she finds it difficult to apologize whenever she's wrong.

If she can talk to u in that manner in spite of all that u have done for her...I wonder how she will behave when she starts making her own money. Be careful, those are warning signs. Don't be surprised if she's seeing someone else.
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 23, 2015
Dear op

In a relationship, one needs total understanding with the partner.

Honesty at all cause

and a little less of pointing fingers and beating it off with silent treatment.

I know you're hurt, cause this is someone you love and helped in so many ways, but if you both can't have understanding with each other

and the only way for her to apologize to you all the time is through text, then she can't be someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. you need to leave her, and find another girl who will love you enough.
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by shanda(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2015
I pity this lady. Her eyes go open when she loses the guy to some experienced ladies out there. She'll then realize how irresponsible most guys out there are. She no go fit get him back.

The reactions of some ladies to issues show how they were brought up.
Re: Mature Advice Needed To Prevent Relationship Collapse by jmoore(m): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Final year, you haven't see her results? Are you even sure she is a student?

Continue your philanthropy. It's your money na.

(1) (Reply)

6 Best Ways To Beat Your Girlfriend/wife Without Touching Her/him / Confused 18+ / Ladies! How Do I Get Into The Friendzone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.