Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? (11121 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by salvation: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2007
well, it depends on my partner. I think its basically about understanding and love. Just be open and plain. Get more information on this her http://eaglesdigestmag.com

Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by 2muchmoney(m): 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2007
I wont advice LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP, not even for my enemies.

u might think With Trust, It would work, but not until when u learn from experience.
itz krap.

Body no be wood now.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CHRISTEL(f): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2007
sexyboy:

@Christel, Is Kelvin really your boo??

to make it very clear (ABSOLUTELY NOT) he's a friend hust
like anyother guy here, cheesy cheesy :Dccccccccc
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by jediknight(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2007
I read up something on wikihow on this topic, might be of help
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Long-Distance-Relationship-Work
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Ajengogo(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
Every r/tionship has some forms of distance in it. Be it hours, days, weeks or years. If your partner can endure, say, hours; it means she/he can endure years. If your partner can't endure any of these then she is not worthy to be your partner. Simple
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by oghene007(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ naija116

I get u and understand what u are saying cos i av gone thru it too , holla me @ goldengl007@yahoo.com

Lets talk
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by crisngige(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
@ topic
maybe phone intimacy can help.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by squirrel20(f): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2008
I really do not believe in long distance relationship. i think it will pull the parties involved apart. if you are in love why would you want to be apart anyway. i thought when people love eachother they would want to spend all the time in the world together. it just doesn't work.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CrazyMan(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2008
I can’t so I don’t have any advice to give to you.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2008
I dnt know if i can undecided
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ifyalways(f): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2008
hmmmn its a difficult web to get entangled in.
you never can be sure of the other person. undecided
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Dreloaded(f): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2008
No.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by manmustwac(m): 2:39am On Jan 09, 2008
Well as for me am in one already. Just phone her regularly and send her money whenever she needs it
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by sowura(m): 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2008
IT IS SAID THAT "DISTANCE IS TO LOVE WHAT WIND IS TO FIRE. IT EXTINGUISHES THE SMALL AND REKINDLES THE GREAT." ONLY THE GREAT CAN SURVIVE, NEED I SAY MORE
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
Yes, I can.

And I do.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Adax(m): 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2008
Yes, i am about to start one and i know i am up to the task.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ufobabe(f): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2008
2 me, it does work! is it the sex thing that would not make it work or what?

so long there is communication, i believe in it.

take 4 instance,u are wedded and your husband was transfer abroad that later, he will process your papers 2 meet him up over there,and that may take him a year plus.

to those who doesn't believe in it, what would u do?

divorce him or what?
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by funweez(f): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
Bolarge, love the post, spoken wit true sensitivity n realism. Word!

Quote from: fredsmith on September 12, 2006, 01:14 AM
distance doesnt mean a thing, its both of u that is important in it, as long as you understand it, distance something sometimes even makes it stronger, experience has shown it makes u miss the person so much u want to have him or her

Distance don't mean a thing? Well You're on your own on dt one mate! You guys saying such obviously live in "Lovitopia".
I have personally experienced(and challenged) the commitment of 3 different ladies(at different periods in my life) who were into such-2 had their fiances overseas and one had hers in another geographical zone of the country-and in the 3 instances their allegiance shifted! It took principle on my part not to take advantage of the cosy atmosphere that was subsequently created and mar what they already had going on.And I'm talking about decent,intelligent,rational ladies here.
Believe me most(if not all)women are emotionally vulnerable-I've seen that too many times-dt is what some of us men misinterprete as being gullible.Women need(and crave)that closeness;that'being there'more than You can imagine.
For ze men:How many can keep their 'You know what' zipped up while their chicks are away?Hey how many do it even when the hapless girlfriend is next door!
Pple get real! I'm aware situations do arise dt necessitate couples to be apart and I believe the following recommendations might be of help in this regard:

1.No long distance relationship before the relationship is 6months old-hey!You guys barely know each other.
2.Daily verbal communication(in addition to SMS,e-mails n'what have You)
3.Via the internet, maintain audiovisual contact- splendid use of this technology I must say.
4.Please find a way to see each other at least every 4months.If this proves impracticable then send tangible physical and emotion-inspiring gifts--believe me this will go a long way.
5.Above all PRAY!!

Further comments and additions to the above recommendations are most welcome.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Busta(f): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2008
Long Distance doesn't work!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by omokudi26: 5:34am On Feb 04, 2008
long distance can work out fine, it just depend on you and your to make it workout. for example am in a long distance relationship for 2 years and it working out fine. The KEY is communication. and we both love each other so much.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nella(f): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
DOESN'T WORK! - not 4 me,
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by almondjoy(f): 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2008
No even with a husband!

Sorry! cool
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by dellynash(f): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2008
Long distance relationships hardly last, i spent 4years with my guy but when he transfered to another province, we broke up just like tht, even though we were communicating through emails, it did not work out. i went there one day just to find out he was living with another girl.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by haywhy(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2008
If it's gonna work or not, it's worth giving a try at least for the sake of love. (If d love is there in d 1st place)
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Busta(f): 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2008
Long distance doesn't work . . . period!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by darami(f): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
Long distance Relationship does works, it just depends on individual. l was in a long distance relationship myself for 5years and we barely see eachother. Many people doesn't believe in our relationship and l remember his mum used to called us Trans- atlantic relationship undecided, but to God be the Glory we are happily married now and together. It takes lot of communication, trust on both side and self displine (if you know what l mean).
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
hi,

YES u can! tHANKS 2 gsm, email,etc.
D temptation is there i must tell u nut i beleive with self discipline u can whether d storm depending on d individual.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by haywhy(m): 1:16am On Feb 15, 2008
@ Busta: It seems u r talking from experience! Perhaps it should be avoided but given a trial sometimes when its inevitable!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by gem87(f): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2008
@poster
i've been there and i've done that
word of advice: run run run and scream hell no
a word is enough for the wise ,
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by dyabman(m): 3:05am On Sep 14, 2008
gem87:

@poster
i've been there and i've done that
word of advice: run run run and scream hell no
a word is enough for the wise ,

your case is different

Its good to have longest distances relationship . grin
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by teebaby2(f): 3:40am On Sep 14, 2008
just keep in touch cos am keepin one
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by dyabman(m): 4:02am On Sep 14, 2008
okay , i'm at your back .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Share Many Unclad Pictures Online Just For Followers On Insta / Ways Girls Feel When Their Boyfriend Touch Their Breast / Lmaoo I Never Heard Of This Tho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.