Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS (58488 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Photos: See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Mourin(f): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2015
U gat a gud heart lady, may God reward u...
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by pbs4real(m): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

What if it was YOU who lost the money? Won't you be glad if someone takes the money away for ever?
guy if its me dt lost d money,i wnt do anyfin dt means i hv 20tyms of dt somewre. . .
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by tyconcepts(f): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2015
pbs4real:
badt sharp bae,we go elope 2geda shey?

We won't elope boo....We would just buy in Lagos or Port Harcourt (I prefer Lagos, its a land of investment & opportunities), buy a car or two, arrange the portable wedding ceremony (thou art trapped)....Invest the rest in a reasonable business and give Alakija & Dangote a run for their current status grin
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by icebebe(f): 9:09am On Feb 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
No, you wouldn't. I bet it. grin
and u won't too grin grin grin 12m chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by anigbajumo(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And would you be happy if I found your N20million, but rather than return it to you....I took the money and ran?

Yes, you would be happy, and you would bless me and call me a really nice guy, full of wisdom and understanding.....yes you would,won't you? cool
I knw u mean viseversa u ar jst kidding me
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by doncheks: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2015
7500 Monthly?.Whats the minimum wage in this country
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Ljboy(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2015
God knw y e never bring dis kinda life changing oppurtunity come my way!

I craze b4 wey I go return am? Story 4 d gods jhooor
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by pbs4real(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

That's what you think dear boy.

Oh and.....stop lusting after money.It will do you no good. Money is the kind of mistress that leaves a trail of burnt hands and hearts.
wat is dis one saying?remain poor nah,and stp bin a hypocrite,u wld zap dt money lyk ntn happened.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by sholikay(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2015
12million?!. Men she is kind hearted oooo.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by tk4rd: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2015
doug:

Criminals trying to analyze good behaviours, shameful. If we ask now you will shout that corruption is killing Nigeria and yet you believe only fear can make men do good.
Most men are avoiding evil, not because it is evil, but because of the fear of what might come after the evil, or for the fear of hell... So, what are u saying.? Can the lady that returned N12m swear that she had not taken small money like N1,200 that is not hers.?? She was afraid of the big money jarre.. Stop calling me a criminal for saying my mind..
If you think you are a saint,, then post the picture of heaven for me, make I follow u see am.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2015
pbs4real:
guy if its me dt lost d money,i wnt do anyfin dt means i hv 20tyms of dt somewre. . .

Some people are so unrealistic. In Nigeria here, if someone steals you salary now, you mean you have about 20x somewhere. Hiss
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by bojan12345: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2015
color=#006600][/color] later dey will say dat igbo plp Lov money more dan their self
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by pbs4real(m): 9:15am On Feb 25, 2015
tyconcepts:

We won't elope boo....We would just buy in Lagos or Port Harcourt (I prefer Lagos, its a land of investment & opportunities), buy a car or two, arrange the portable wedding ceremony (thou art trapped)....Invest the rest in a reasonable business and give Alakija & Dangote a run for their current status grin
well said bae! U jez d best
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Tundepraise(m): 9:15am On Feb 25, 2015
May God bless her kind heartedness.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by JoeCutie(m): 9:15am On Feb 25, 2015
This is quite impressive. A rare nice gesture.
But then there are FOUR major reasons why she could do that.

1.) Good heart.
She's good by nature. She's intrinsically good, and effortlessly too. Taking the money would taunt her good heart for a very long time and she couldn't afford that.

2.) Fear of being caught.
The money had been forgotten/left/lost before she saw it, I know. But then if it was later realized that she saw and bundled in such a huge amount of money, the story would have changed. It could cost her her job, you know? C'mon, this is Naija. They would have given it so many silly interpretations. She wouldn't want this, so the easiest thing was to return it.

3.) Ignorance (or better put, confusion).
For a woman-cleaner to be on a #7,500 a monthly salary? Oh, don't tell me she's one of those people that finished from school and then...no job. No. She didn't go to school. Okay, possibly. She wouldn't know how to use this money. At first, she would be confused and in total shock - in awe of the huge amount of money she's seen. So the only option would be to return this money...and be at peace with herself.

4.) Fame.
And this she's got. Before she started work, she must have been oriented as to what's expected of her. The code and conduct of her work. Again, she would have heard stories about people who returned money, how they were rewarded and consequently, became famous. That their doors opened too. She couldn't afford to miss this chance - because she knew, or rather, she was convinced that she would be settled for this. She equally thought about the prospect of her life changing for the better, with this opportunity. She couldn't miss this opportunity. Now, she's famous. The owner of the money she returned would undoubtedly, reward her. The airport authorities might (or rather,should) reward her. And now, the Lagos state house of assembly is planning to honour her. You see...Government Money! grin

Finally, she did what she did because of either or all of the above reasons. But whatever be the case, she's a woman with a golden heart. She deserves all the recognitions she's getting, and even more. We need more of her type in this country.

If it were me, I would do exactly what she did. Yes, I would return the money. Not because I'm a good guy, but because I know that there would be a reward. Again, because I know that God is watching. I'm just being honest here. smiley

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by benluthur(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2015
pacesetter939:
This is the kind of woman that deserves a national honour, not the likes of Nyeson Wike under whose tenure as supervisory Minister of Education, the Universities were shut down for more than 6months and the Polytechnics for over 12months and yet the clueless GEJ had the temerity to award him a national honour. I'm just pissed with GEJ now.

Foool.......infact a big 1......see who day call person clueless....wike was appointed after d minister of education wasn't productive on d ASUU issue den.....stop sayin trash...we aint retarded like yhu....imagine d likes u have....
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by maziokolio: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2015
wink
fatdon2:
Josephine Agwu recently went viral after she returned N12m to the owner at the Murtala Mohammed Int Airport, Lagos. The Lagos State House of Assembly plans to honor her soon. According to reports, Josephine earns N7,500 monthly.

www.lailasblog.com/2015/02/photo-meet-josephine-agwu-lagos-airport.html?m=1

Josehine up you!
Igbo girls up you!!!

Now all of us refuse to acknowledge that is has anything to do with the Igbo Nation but if to say that she zabs the dough, everyone could have beign acusing and abusing her, all Igbo girls and the entire Igbo people. Calling Igbo people money lover. But no one is crediting this rare atitude as Igbo signature

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2015
tk4rd:
Most men are avoiding evil, not because it is evil, but because of the fear of what might come after the evil, or for the fear of hell... So, what are u saying.? Can the lady that returned N12m swear that she had not taken small money like N1,200 that is not hers.?? She was afraid of the big money jarre.. Stop calling me a criminal for saying my mind..
If you think you are a saint,, then post the picture of heaven for me, make I follow u see am.

You have a point there all am saying is that some people do right just because it is right. Mind you we seem to have more moralist these days that even Christians or muslims

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by 989900: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2015
And someone killed a friend for N5m that belongs to the said friend. sad sad

She is everything our leaders are not.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2015
pbs4real:
wat is dis one saying?remain poor nah,and stp bin a hypocrite,u wld zap dt money lyk ntn happened.

I speak the truth when I say....I would return the money....and not just for the religion reasons.

Some years ago, a homeless American man found $300000 dollars in the street. He took it to the Police. His reason for doing so was that it might be money linked to criminal gangs....and if he took the money for himself....the gangs would come after him(and it won't end well).

Of course...he was a bit wise...so he got a lawyer....just in case the Police did not find the owner.

Sometimes honesty is the best policy. I would rather earn a honest dime and stay poor...than steal someone else's money. And you won't like it if it was your money someone disappeared like that.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2015
Iamsynord:
7 500. monthly and she returned 12 million..?? it is Well But this is Nigeria. I hope GEJ govt honours hers because all day know is to grant Pardons to political thief's..
And again if I know d money belongs to A Politician,I wouldn't return the money

Meanwhile, nobody is even asking the source of the money. The person who claims to have kept (forgotten) the money there, what was such amount of money doing in the toilet? What sort of business is he/she into that he/she had to go around with the money? Finally, if someone can possibly forget such amount of money, then definitely such a person is far from being a millionaire. What i'm saying is, when last did you easily forget your 10k when you know all you had was 15k? Then it means, even if the lucky person had taken away the money, whoever kept it wouldnt have worried him/herself much cos he/she still have much elsewhere. If na me eh, na only God sabi wetin for happen.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by 989900: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
This is quite impressive. A rare nice gesture.
But then there are FOUR major reasons why she could do that.

1.) Good heart.
She's good by nature. She's intrinsically good, and effortlessly too. Taking the money would taunt her good heart for a very long time and she couldn't afford that.

2.) Fear of being caught.
The money had been forgotten/left/lost before she saw it, I know. But then if it was later realized that she saw and bundled in such a huge amount of money, the story would have changed. It could cost her her job, you know? C'mon, this is Naija. They would have given it so many silly interpretations. She wouldn't want this, so the easiest thing was to return it.

3.) Ignorance (or better put, confusion).
For a woman-cleaner to be on a #7,500 a monthly salary? Oh, don't tell me she's one of those people that finished from school and then...no job. No. She didn't go to school. Okay, possibly. She wouldn't know how to use this money. At first, she would be confused and in total shock - in awe of the huge amount of money she's seen. So the only option would be to return this money...and be at peace with herself.

4.) Fame.
And this she's got. Before she started work, she must have been oriented as to what's expected of her. The code and conduct of her work. Again, she would have heard stories about people who returned money, how they were rewarded and consequently, became famous. That their doors opened too. She couldn't afford to miss this chance - because she knew, or rather, she was convinced that she would be settled for this. She equally thought about the prospect of her life changing for the better, with this opportunity. She couldn't miss this opportunity. Now, she's famous. The owner of the money she returned would undoubtedly, reward her. The airport authorities might (or rather,should) reward her. And now, the Lagos state house of assembly is planning to honour her. You see...Government Money! grin

Finally, she did what she did because of either or all of the above reasons. But whatever be the case, she's a woman with a golden heart. She deserves all the recognitions she's getting, and even more. We need more of her type in this country.

If it were me, I would do exactly what she did. Yes, I would return the money. Not because I'm a good guy, but because I know that there would be a reward. Again, because I know that God is watching. I'm just being honest here. smiley

God bless Nigeria.

Valid points.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by applegee3: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2015
It is good to be honest. This is man reward with God reward for the poor woman of Zarephat in the Bible. I just dey remember some years about 13yr, our coleague at work found $10,000 cash. Nothing happen. No handshake self from the boss. We insults him. He still dey sha ordinary person today dey struggle.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Temptee101(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2015
icebebe:
Hehehe 12m? Woah! U are a kind hearted fellow and God bless u richly

Donno if I wuld sha grin grin grin .I don suffer fr dis life,might b my opportunity

Dey say God work in a mysterious way
Hahahahahahahaha. I dey tells you o. How else Oluwa dey take bless person again
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by icebebe(f): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2015
Temptee101:
Hahahahahahahaha. I dey tells you o. How else Oluwa dey take bless person again
ma dear I weak o
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by tyconcepts(f): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2015
pbs4real:
well said bae! U jez d best

Yeah yeah....

It would be sheer badluck to go broke again after such a fortune....Keeping it on lowkey while everything we touch turns into gold sounds like a fool proof plan grin

Banky W's Low key track on rewind.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by IYANGBALI: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2015
Na the heat and fear of the money make am return am. Some money dey wey wen you see am,fear go catch you,your brain go scatter,na dat kind money she see. From today if I go airport,I go dey search everywhere especially toilets,who knows,one mugu fit hide stolen m$oney there,if I see am,baba God don butter my bread be dat,na to make tea by myself go remain. Opportunity comes once.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nichobabe(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2015
She no check wetin dey the bag.

grin grin grin grin

She go dey say " I for check first O"

Just joking
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by billyG(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2015
How comes somebody is carry #12m around in an airport,if it is in saner clime this lady wuld hav been rich by donations,granting Tv intervws,endorsements,been appointed as intergrity ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2015
SOBSISRAEL:
Am sure she did nt knw it was money. About the salary #7500? I cnt bliv dis. She earns dat and can still make up and wear fashionable cloth. Ask mizmycoli,and nairaland babe to estimate the cost of her cosmetics, then you know am saying d raw truth. Wel sha good for her.
But if she take it away is that corruption or stealing. Gej has the answer. Lolz...
I was surprised too! When actually the minimum wage is 18k. I doubt dat fact.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2015
SOBSISRAEL:
Am sure she did nt knw it was money. About the salary #7500? I cnt bliv dis. She earns dat and can still make up and wear fashionable cloth. Ask mizmycoli,and nairaland babe to estimate the cost of her cosmetics, then you know am saying d raw truth. Wel sha good for her.
But if she take it away is that corruption or stealing. Gej has the answer. Lolz...
Bad belle, that no one in your family has a sense of dignity doesnt mean no other person has.
Re: Meet Josephine Agwu, The Lagos Airport Cleaner That Returned N12m To Owner PICS by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2015
simplemach:
Nigerians are naturally good. What God has in store for her is much more higher than that which she returned.
Meanwhile vote GEJ for continued honesty and sincerity.
did I hear you say for continued honesty and sincerity? Let me take that as a Freudian slip from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.