Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. (15228 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by kaboninc(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2015
soe:
you got the figures all wrong.
What APC has in its manifesto regarding social welfare packages for the school pupils, the unemployed youths and the aged is simply an extension of what has ALREADY been done in some APC states. And as long as those states could afford it easily, the FG can simply intervene in that area...the figures are not as bogus as u claim because its all about due process and scrutiny.

Already , Aregbesola fees pupils daily (it's just 2.5billion a year)
Already, Fayemi gave 5,000 to all the Aged monthly
Already, Aregbesola, Ajimobi and Fashola created casual jobs that pay atleast 10,000 monthly
If you are not able to secure such casual jobs for purely genuine reasons, then u r qualified for the 5000 naira welfare package for unemployed youths.
The plans are executable, give them a chance

Why was Fayemi voted OUT of office? What is the population of Ekiti State and what fraction represents the aged (60 years and above)? Do your maths before coming here to argue.

Like you don't even know the meaning of what you wrote. See my post:

A powerful team that wants to give 25 million Nigerians, roughly the population of Lagos, N5000 (about $25 per month, that's less than $1 per day) with a wage bill of N1.25 trillion, that's roughly 32% of our ENTIRE national budget, and 54% of our Recurrent Expenditure?

You call that a POWERFUL TEAM? I call that a POWERLESS TEAM with HEMPTY BRAINS! YES HEMPTY BRAINS!

Do you know what N1.25 trillion would do to us in a country?

Which do you think is effective in empowering a youth?

Give him fish or teach him how to fish?

The FORMER is what APC has been doing and how do you think that can be sustained suppose there happens to be a shock in income? Now extend that to the national economy? Bro you do not even know what it means. They themselves (the APC) know it is not TENABLE or FEASIBLE!

In Lagos, you do not even know the many pipes through with money is being siphoned. So I'll stop here.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2015
soe:
Lol

Is PDP finally ready for issue-based campaign??

Oya...let Okonjo Iweala come for a debate withCharlrs Soludo

Let Sambo come for a debate with Osinbajo

No no no..i am Not done yet...

Let fayose come for a debate with fashola

If PDP can score up to 3/10, then we can Allow Gej to debate GMB

What APC has in its manifesto regarding social welfare packages for the school pupils, the unemployed youths and the aged is simply an extension of what has ALREADY been done in some APC states. And as long as those states could afford it easily, the FG can simply intervene in that area...the figures are not as bogus as u claim because its all about due process and scrutiny.

Already , Aregbesola feeds pupils daily (it's just 2.5billion a year)
Already, Fayemi gave 5,000 to all the Aged monthly
Already, Aregbesola, Ajimobi and Fashola created casual jobs that pay atleast 10,000 monthly
If you are not able to secure such casual jobs for purely genuine reasons, then u r qualified for the 5000 naira welfare package for unemployed youths.
The plans are executable, give them a chance

I know PDP is using style to ask for expo on how they can turn around the economy before March 28, but we will not give them.

I can imagine Okonjo saying "hello mr president, hmm, I have read through Buhari's manifesto o, he did not give us details of how he will do these things, pls tell them to break it down for us so that we can see what can be done before March 28, remember we have already taken his advise on bokoharam when he said we should no longer steal the money meant for ammunitions"
tell me how many times fayemi gave money to the old and the real population present?
Fashola,aregbesola & ajimobi providing casual jobs like what and what. pls dont tell me u are referring to yes o & O yes programs and hope u know how many yuths dey actually employed per state and u have som1 working amongst them sha?
Pls leave ajimobi outta dis case abeg cox what dey will show him in ibadan for awarding road projs worth less dan 1M at an inflated price of 50M he will give us the reply soonest
D reason he built bridge which is smaller and shorter than his friend amosun prototype in shagamu but suprisingly gave oyo citizens almost a triple sum spent on such silly projects
Aregbesola feeding the pupils is lyk saying nysc corp members are fed well in their camp as well cox until u go there and join them you will keep beign deceived.
Ask any of your relative in oshogbo to tell you how delicious and sumptous that feeding project of mr ogbeni has been
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by kaboninc(m): 8:52am On Feb 26, 2015
queensmith:

Because you wrote scammed in capital letters?

Be sensible.

Create additional middle-class of at least 1 million new home owners in our first year in government and 1 million annually thereafter, by enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses

Embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skill acquisitions scheme for graduates along with the creation of small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 1 million new jobs every year, for the foreseeable future.

I got these from the Manifesto of the APC but I do not want to digress. There's what is called ELECTORAL PROMISE COSTING. You cost the promises you intend to fulfill and marshal out how you intend to fulfill it. Including the revenue to be generated. What your manifesto has just done is to tell us WHAT you'll do and NOT HOW you will do it.

Now this is a news excerpt from the Vanguard:
All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has promised to provide allowances to discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes, if elected in 2015. There is also the pledge to provide One Meal a day for all Primary school pupils.

Buhari/Osibanjo administration also vow to create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.

“As a nation and the Sub Saharan Africa’s leading energy producer, we had in the past squandered the opportunity to build functional infrastructure to better the lives of the average Nigerian. We can no longer afford this luxury of inactivity. We must revive our public and private sectors in order to provide functional services and secure the good of the individual Nigerian and his or her family,” Buhari said in a document that reveals some of his plans for 2015.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-promises-allowances-unemployed-corps-members-free-meal-pupils/

At the bold, that's COSTING and it is NOT feasible! So, YES you've be SCAMMED and need to be SENSIBLE!
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by stalyf(m): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2015
econity:

If APC can reduce crude oil theft by 70% then it is a done deal.
Stolen crude and unremitted fund
from NNPC can cater for it.
PDP shouldn't be making it look like all we get is thrown back into our budget.

And how do APC intends to reduce it? You think Buhari, Tinubu and their cronies don't have there eyes on the oil wealth?
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Abba999(f): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2015
UniqueMike:
Latest Jobs in Nigeria:

Experience - 40years

Age limit - 28years below!

Vote (°*°) ......

I love Osibanjo, I hate Buhari, I love GEJ, & Deslike Namadi Sambo...

GEJ et Osibanjo would've bin a better choice.........quote me & say trash like i jex did.......& Yu myt not witness march28 election

shocked shocked shocked
A typical Yoruba at it's peak! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by zoomzoom(m): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2015
milloguy:
We know that not all what APC said can be achieved but one thing is for sure and that is change. We have tried PDP for so long and it's not a crime for us to see what these other guys have to offer. Anyway I don't need any monthly payments from APC. I just want Fayose...FFK...Oduah...Alison in jail so we can bring back discipline to our beloved nation. .

You really qualify as a POSTER- BOY for all the problems beleaguing our youths in this country...ignorance,unseriousness,misplaced priority,crass stupidity.erratic..you name it.
PATHETIC!!!!
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by babestella: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2015
milloguy:
We know that not all what APC said can be achieved but one thing is for sure and that is change. We have tried PDP for so long and it's not a crime for us to see what these other guys have to offer. Anyway I don't need any monthly payments from APC. I just want Fayose...FFK...Oduah...Alison in jail so we can bring back discipline to our beloved nation. .

OMG, please what is this minor doing on NL. Your comment is so pedestal.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2015
Abba999:

shocked shocked shocked
A typical Yoruba at it's peak! grin cheesy grin

Typical Hausa @ its limit grin cheesy grin
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by econity(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2015
stalyf:

And how do APC intends to reduce it? You think Buhari, Tinubu and their cronies don't have there eyes on the oil wealth?
we ve to give dem chance 1st.
We ve tried PDP for close to 16yrs.
Its not their birth right to rule over us. Our voters card is not going to expire after 2015 election. If dey don't perform, we vote 'em out. #change is constant.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by coldFLARES1(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2015
I'd appreciate if the PDP sticks with issues and I am quite happy with the question about the tenability or sustanability of the free education, free meals, free medicare for a category of citizens and the 5k monthly stipend for a category of the unemployed.

Then Metuh screwed up again when he started bumbling things up like the connivance with INEC staff, depolying hitech to hack INEC data base, sponsoring violence and related craps. The DSS is PDPs security wing and they've thoroughly embarrassed themselves conjuring allegations to taint the APC so Mr Metuh should stop the lies except he is suffering some brain disconnect.

Hope the APC dignifies Metuh with a response though I think it is not the likes of Metuh that should be schooled on how such tall ambitions could be realised.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by queensmith: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2015
kaboninc:

I got these from the Manifesto of the APC but I do not want to digress. There's what is called ELECTORAL PROMISE COSTING. You cost the promises you intend to fulfill and marshal out how you intend to fulfill it. Including the revenue to be generated. What your manifesto has just done is to tell us WHAT you'll do and NOT HOW you will do it.

Now this is a news excerpt from the Vanguard:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-promises-allowances-unemployed-corps-members-free-meal-pupils/

At the bold, that's COSTING and it is NOT feasible! So, YES you've be SCAMMED and need to be SENSIBLE!

Is English your problem or comprehension? How exactly are the two quotes the same??

Electoral promise costing indeed, do I look like one of the plebs you can talk rubbish to on this site? Don't come here trying to educate me on matters you clearly have no understanding of.

A manifesto is a public declaration, it is unwise for any party to release details of their strategy too early before the election, as the opposition will use it. Use your common sense.

In the quote you pasted (assuming you have even sourced this from the actual manifesto and not PDPs inaccurate reenactment of truths) they have detailed doing this by creating a mortgage system - do I need to explain what that is to you too?

Costing and not feasible indeed, please move to one side and allow grown ups to talk. I have pasted the manifesto where APC have detailed their intentions you can either intelligently debate on how they won't work or be quiet.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Abba999(f): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2015
UniqueMike:

Typical Hausa @ its limit grin cheesy grin

kiss kiss tongue
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Vision4God: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2015
God bless u GEJ. We salute ur courage Mr President
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by Oiselenjakhian(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by kaboninc(m): 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
queensmith:

Is English your problem or comprehension? How exactly are the two quotes the same??

Electoral promise costing indeed, do I look like one of the plebs you can talk rubbish to on this site? Don't come here trying to educate me on matters you clearly have no understanding of.

A manifesto is a public declaration, it is unwise for any party to release details of their strategy too early before the election, as the opposition will use it. Use your common sense.

In the quote you pasted (assuming you have even sourced this from the actual manifesto and not PDPs inaccurate reenactment of truths) they have detailed doing this by creating a mortgage system - do I need to explain what that is to you too?

Costing and not feasible indeed, please move to one side and allow grown ups to talk. I have pasted the manifesto where APC have detailed their intentions you can either intelligently debate on how they won't work or be quiet.

Indeed you're one of the 'plebs I can talk rubbish to on this site'! You indeed have a problem with comprehension. See how you goof! You've never read the manifesto in the first place else you wouldn't be saying "assuming you have even sourced this from the actual manifesto and not PDPs inaccurate reenactment of truths"!

That's dumb of you in case you do not know. Like I said, the electoral manifestos are promises of a political party to be fulfilled should they be elected. In order not to unnecessary sway the electorates, in their interest, its becomes imperative for these promises to be costed! That way, they present themselves to be realistic.

In terms of social welfare , the APC through Buhari said that they'll provide N5000 for 25 million Nigerians. So concerned electorates like me 'helped' them to cost that promise and this is what I said about it:

Kaboninc

A powerful team that wants to give 25 million
Nigerians, roughly the population of Lagos,
N5000 (about $25 per month, that's less than $1
per day) with a wage bill of N1.25 trillion, that's
roughly 32% of our ENTIRE national budget,
and 54% of our Recurrent Expenditure?

So it means that's a bogus, ambiguous and unrealistic promise spuriously guided to lure gullible and unsuspecting voters, like your humble self into voting them!

See another of your silly comment:

it is unwise for any party to release details of their strategy too early before the election, as the opposition will use it.

So it is Buhari who lacks common sense by releasing details of his party's strategy? What a grown-up you are! Very terrible! You must be from the Stone Age to think like this! Ever heard that you gain knowledge by sharing knowledge? I guess you haven't since it is obvious you even lack knowledge.

I do not want to derail this thread by bringing up discussions about policies in your party's, APC manifesto. So am sticking to the topic of this thread. Get a life and shine your eyes. Not everyone belong to the club of cave mentality as you are!
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by billyG(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
emusmith:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described the manifesto of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as unrealistic, saying it is meant to deceive and misdirect the electorates.

According to the ruling party, the opposition’s promise to pay N5, 000 monthly stipend each to 25 million poor Nigerians would amount to N125 billion monthly and N1.5 trillion every year. At a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, said this cannot be achieved, given the poor state of the nation’s economy and dwindling oil revenue.“What is baffling is that the APC knows fully well that this is not only unrealistic but also impracticable in a nation with an estimated budget of N4.69 trillion comprising recurrent and capital expenditures yet they continue to dish it out to unsuspecting citizens in a clear bid to mislead.

“Since its formation about two years ago, the APC has introduced and sustained an unfortunate political streak sustained majorly by lies, character assassination, false alarm, wild allegations, and lately visual simulation, all in the desperation to deceive and misdirect the judgment of the electorates.

“We have with us an opposition party, which has been deploying all manner of schemes to derail and compromise the electoral process. Today, if the APC is not instigating violence or threatening democracy and our very existence as a nation, the party is busy procuring criminal hi-tech to hack into INEC’s data-base or clone the Permanent Voters Card (PVC).

“The next day, the same party would connive with some unscrupulous electoral officers to deny non-indigenes in some selected States their PVCs while busy making bogus promises to the electorates,” Metuh said.The PDP also faulted what it described as the opposition’s promise to create 740, 000 direct jobs in each of the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory within one year, with one million jobs for Igbo youths within the same period.

Continuing, Metuh said: “The APC has also promised to provide free education, daily free meals for millions of Nigerian school children, free tertiary education, free health care and free houses to Nigerians. The opposition knows too well that this is unrealistic yet they prefer to brandish falsehood.
“The APC should explain to Nigerians how they would fulfill their promises with the prevailing 40 per cent drop in national income and dwindling oil price in the international market. “

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/apcs-manifesto-unrealistic-pdp/
All those are realistics if PDP stop stealing our money,if nigeria has no money b/c of fallin oil price were did PDP get money 2 waste on campaigns & propaganders,bribe pastors & others,i hav never seen PDP manifestoes B4,is it not APC manifesto fashola use 2 work wonders in lagos?
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by queensmith: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just seeing this:

kaboninc:

Like I said, the electoral manifestos are promises of a political party to be fulfilled should they be elected. In order not to unnecessary sway the electorates, in their interest, its becomes imperative for these promises to be costed! That way, they present themselves to be realistic.

In terms of social welfare , the APC through Buhari said that they'll provide N5000 for 25 million Nigerians. So concerned electorates like me 'helped' them to cost that promise and this is what I said about it:

I'm getting very tired of doing this, please where exactly in the manifesto have APC made these promises? I've read many manifestos, I can't memorise all of them.

kaboninc:

So it means that's a bogus, ambiguous and unrealistic promise spuriously guided to lure gullible and unsuspecting voters, like your humble self into voting them!

So it is Buhari who lacks common sense by releasing details of his party's strategy? What a grown-up you are! Very terrible! You must be from the Stone Age to think like this! Ever heard that you gain knowledge by sharing knowledge? I guess you haven't since it is obvious you even lack knowledge.

I'll pull out the big guns for this one - I will like to say I have been exposed to political systems more sophisticated than the Nigerian one. It is not yesterdays knowledge that parties are unwilling to expose exactly how they intend to fund certain guarantees before elections. As everyone knows, the incumbent government can copy this model, or immediately debunk it as they have the knowledge you as the opposition dont. It can also lead to candidates losing voters in case they will have to introduce additional tax.

Now if you are unaware of this then that is your problem - this is an intelligent campaign strategy that may be above and beyond your level of understanding.
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by masseratti: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
dre11:
Coming for a party where the government promise to make public the probe report that pricewatercooper had done on NNPC
But more than a week that the report has being submitted....... We are told they won't release it until after election
Invariably, they are telling us that the report has implicated them that they don't want the ordinary Nigerians to see it

And telling the whole nation that we can't keep our promise and they feel the opposition is just like them

So, why won't they criticised a laudable manifesto of the opposition since it out way theirs
By the way.....
Have PDP release their own manifesto before condemning another one
I tire ooo I was about to ask for their own manifesto
Re: APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. by kaboninc(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:
Just seeing this:

I'm getting very tired of doing this, please where exactly in the manifesto have APC made these promises? I've read many manifestos, I can't memorise all of them.

I'll pull out the big guns for this one - I will like to say I have been exposed to political systems more sophisticated than the Nigerian one. It is not yesterdays knowledge that parties are unwilling to expose exactly how they intend to fund certain guarantees before elections. As everyone knows, the incumbent government can copy this model, or immediately debunk it as they have the knowledge you as the opposition dont. It can also lead to candidates losing voters in case they will have to introduce additional tax.

Now if you are unaware of this then that is your problem - this is an intelligent campaign strategy that may be above and beyond your level of understanding.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PPA Candiate, Goddy Ezeemo Arrives Polling Unit But No INEC Officials (Pics) / Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities / Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.