Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (17590 Views)

Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? / Why Do Only Men Feel Dizzy After Sex? / **Differences Between Independent Women And The Broke Ones** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
missjenna:
First of all, I would say that I made that comment as a result of the nature of the thread with which it was commented on.

Coming to the concept of independence,
I don't think there is any thing like total independence. No human, man or woman can be totally independent of the other.

When you term a lady or when a lady terms herself as independent, all she is trying to say is that she does not totally rely on any man for her upkeep and her day to day survival.
She believes that she has the right to tell which direction her life should go.

Having said that, let me also say this
I believe every human being has a innate tepid narcissistic trait that is masked by their outward characters
This trait is also accompanied by a fragile ego and sense of importance above the opposite gender.
This mellow trait however expresses it self more in the masculine gender.

Asides this, humanity have for long been bombarded with tales from legend and religion that glorifies the male gender above the female.
This has so far created a kind of belief that a man should be the one in charge, the one in control, the one at the top.

When you look at the power structures of the world, not excluding our Nigerian traditions, you would find out that women are most times relegated to the post of follower instead of leader.

When a man sees a woman that is "independent", it kinds of threatens that mild narcissistic trait
At first he feels a complex mixture of fear,annoyance, insecurity and surprise
Then depending on his personality, his subconscious tries to see if it can conjure up a mechanism to counter this threat.

Either he decides to hate her and stay away
Or
He becomes intrigued by her, creating a sense of respect which makes him want to get close to her.

But most times, most men tend to go in the way of the former.
Most men just don't feel women should be above them in any way. They have this feeling that every woman should want them. That we can't cope without them.
The fact that a woman can be "independent" is in a way alien to them and when they see this, they are caught aback.

Actually, no man wants a woman they can't control. They don't want any woman that threatens their supremacy, hence their reaction.

One mistake most "independent" women make is to let pride get in the way.
They feel a grandiose sense of achievement and importance which makes them see themselves as not on equal par with most men that might try to approach them or get to know them
I think this also makes men stay away from them

Op, you also said that most feminist women hate men that are insecure about them.
Well I don't think we hate them. We are just irritated by the fact that they would feel insecure about us.
I myself like men who are not intimidated by me.

Op, I hope I helped
Thanks
now listen vry attentively.a woman can neva be compared to a man no matter her financial status.men re natural superior to women nd even d golden book tells us so.i dont see how i will feel insecure for someone who is created by jst one of my rib.those men,if they actually exist are nt yet matured irrespective of their matured age.i think dt why most men dont approach independent ladies is d fact dt most of dem re nt submissive.and dt is true cox i have date one in d past though not all.so my dear we dont want headache or someone dat pose as a challenge to to us since most of dem tend to look down on us.i want to come back to my home after work and have a good rest.also i want to be in a position to tell my wife to quit her job during our child bearing so as to impact on them a good home training before she continue with her job.so i tink dt all dz re too difficult for an independent lady becox of their nature though nt all.thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by postmann: 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Some brainless threads, flying around Nl, it gets more distasteful when you actually see the junk was written by a man, someone you expect to have common sense. If I'm threatened, what's the business of your mother about it?

You definitely must live long for your wisdom is rare and uncorrupted by time. Most 21st century male have lost the true sense of being a man. That they're born to lead. I see a bunch of weak men falling for laziness and been deceived that it is okay for your woman to be richer. Its not except she inherit her fortunes. Statistics is clear: marriages where the woman earns more have a 70% divorce rate compare to about 30% when the man earns more according to research in the US. I heard so many compromised minds say "especially the nigerian man". Rubbish! So wen my wife goes through 9 months of pregnancy, and still breastfeed and nurse the baby, coupled with her monthliness and wobbling emotions, she would still put more money on the table? Then what is the man alive for? Doing exactly what with his bigger brain? I see a bunch of new breed 21st century lazy men who are finding too comfortable eating from women. To them its okay for a woman to pick the bill on a first date, live in her house and drive her car. I've never seen any man with these traits end up well
Being a MAN means being the LEADER, PROVIDER and PROTECTOR.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by lastpage: 12:04am On Feb 28, 2015
*I guess a lot of women have mistakenly attributed being "loyal and supportive" of their husband, to being weak!

*While on the other hand, the feminazi have wrongly termed a "rude, arrogant and uncouth woman" as "independent".

*Finally, no man not even any "second party" be it man or woman, wants to associate with a foul-mouthed Biatch who does not know her place in the society.

It is this DISTASTE for such women that some have misunderstood as INSECURITY! grin grin

Will it not interest you that very prominent and rich wives, (as in long term married women) are the most respectful and even submissive to their husbands?

Dora Akinyilu of blessed memory is one of those women, just to mention one.

Are we to say that their husband are feeling insecure or are they the ones feeling insecure? grin grin

[size=14pt]Bottom line is that a man marries a woman, .....because he needs A WIFE.
If all he needed was a COMPETITOR, he needs not marry at all, he has more than enough in the office environment
[/size] undecided undecided

A woman must define whether she wants to be a WIFE ..or a COMPETITOR
...... and its a free world, just chose what you want and dont whine. grin grin

Just my opinion sha.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 28, 2015
Pamcrest:
Op that's a no- brainier. The fear of an independent woman scares some Naija men silly.....it shrinks their joysticks. grin
And their response is to attack everything about her.......her upbringing and background are denigrated, her source of wealth becomes suspect, her prospects as a good wife becomes suspect. Most men can't even approach her. The bold ones would want to hit her and run.....no longterm intentions.

But it's not entirely their fault. Our society ingrains that air of superiority in our men that some have forgotten that the world is changing fast. Women are now recording more exploits than they are thought capable of. So men, loosen up and wisen up!
My humble submission
i tink dt only lazy men crave for independent ladies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by postmann: 12:13am On Feb 28, 2015
Oh! And please, very few odd women feels happy and fulfilled with a husband who earns less than she does. A vast majority of woman prefere a man who earns more than they do. Women are programed to yearn for love, protection, pampered and ofcourse taken care of by her man. Sorry for the man who doesnt know this and work hard to be the MAN in his house.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 28, 2015
babyosisi:

I consider myself an independent woman
I am married,I love being married and I love my husband dearly and consider him the love of my life but I don't depend on him financially and I am a full fledged person with or without him.
I make my own money and have total independence in how I spend it which most of it goes to stuff for children and the home anyway.
I don't sit around to be told what to do and how to think

From conversations with guys ,real men like strong independent women who can hold the forte in their absence
A man wants to know that his children will be well taken care of,should they exit this world untimely.
Being an independent woman doesn't make one a non submissive wife,I totally respect the authority of my husband as the Bishop of our home and in any conflict of opinion,I submit to his.
The problem is in being independent and being anti men or non submissive when married
People shouldn't conflate the two things.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by lastpage: 12:14am On Feb 28, 2015
postmann:

You definitely must live long for your wisdom is rare and uncorrupted by time. Most 21st century male have lost the true sense of being a man. That they're born to lead. I see a bunch of weak men falling for laziness and been deceived that it is okay for your woman to be richer. Its not except she inherit her fortunes. Statistics is clear: marriages where the woman earns more have a 70% divorce rate compare to about 30% when the man earns more according to research in the US. I heard so many compromised minds say "especially the nigerian man". Rubbish! So wen my wife goes through 9 months of pregnancy, and still breastfeed and nurse the baby, coupled with her monthliness and wobbling emotions, she would still put more money on the table? Then what is the man alive for? Doing exactly what with his bigger brain? I see a bunch of new breed 21st century lazy men who are finding too comfortable eating from women. To them its okay for a woman to pick the bill on a first date, live in her house and drive her car. I've never seen any man with these traits end up well
Being a MAN means being the LEADER, PROVIDER and PROTECTOR.

You my Brother MUST ACCEPT that the world is changing........... for the worse!
It starts from early life when the "Single Mother" raising such men, poison their minds about the role of their father, and men in general, in the ladder of life.
Since they dont know any better, they grow up becoming such plebbs.

Can you imagine a young man "moving-in" into his girl friends house, to live together?
In my days, you cant even have a girl friend if you dont have your own "room", no matter how small with its spring bed in it!
That is how much we pride ourselves in being a male.
We worked hard and made the money because we know that we have a responsibility to provide not juts for our children, but our wife and even her own family members!

The wuse that we have around now, who call themselves "modern man" just because they have a pair of balls between their legs ... (even the use of that in the bedroom department is suspect, unlike in my days when your woman will scream to the roof top, from sheer ecstasy simply because you "touched base" so often!) ..have surrendered all that is associated with manhood and think its okay just to be effeminate and get slapped around by women! shocked shocked shocked

Well, l guess everything changes and goes round.....maybe the time will come agagin when "real men' are once again, facing the sun on this planet.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 28, 2015
babyosisi:

I consider myself an independent woman
I am married,I love being married and I love my husband dearly and consider him the love of my life but I don't depend on him financially and I am a full fledged person with or without him.
I make my own money and have total independence in how I spend it which most of it goes to stuff for children and the home anyway.
I don't sit around to be told what to do and how to think

From conversations with guys ,real men like strong independent women who can hold the forte in their absence
A man wants to know that his children will be well taken care of,should they exit this world untimely.
Being an independent woman doesn't make one a non submissive wife,I totally respect the authority of my husband as the Bishop of our home and in any conflict of opinion,I submit to his.
The problem is in being independent and being anti men or non submissive when married
People shouldn't conflate the two things.
jst be honest can u quit ur job if he says so inorder to raise the children to an extent.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 28, 2015
booket:
u re right sha.bug sum men prefer their wife to stay nd raise the children so dt they cn grow up with a good home training.and i dont see anythng wrng with dt.
Your wife can be a CEO and still inculcate good values into your children.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by ireneidiva(f): 4:29am On Feb 28, 2015
booket:
jst be honest can u quit ur job if he says so inorder to raise the children to an extent.
What is wrong with working and raising children? What if she quits her job and the man loses his job as well? The family will suffer because of his ego right? Smh. I dunno what it is about a successful woman that threatens you men. A real man will push his wife to be the best she can be and support her all the way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 28, 2015
ireneidiva:

What is wrong with working and raising children? What if she quits her job and the man loses his job as well? The family will suffer because of his ego right? Smh. I dunno what it is about a successful woman that threatens you men. A real man will push his wife to be the best she can be and support her all the way.

The writing style alone tells you many of the responders are kids still receiving pocket money.They have a lot of maturing to do

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by jrors(m): 4:48am On Feb 28, 2015
I don't think most men are insecure about, independent women.

However, you do have a small percentage of men, that have low self esteem. So when a guy like that, gets with a woman, that has her affairs in order, he might feel that, that particular woman is too good for him to be with.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Pamcrest(f): 7:06am On Feb 28, 2015
blublahd:

your reasoning is so shallow and biased.
Have you bothered to ask why men stay away from women who are more successful than the men?
How familiar are you with such women and their attitude?

By their words u shall know them. Your reasoning is beyond shallow, it's nauseating. U are asking me how familiar I am with such women...so I must be a man to know, kwo? If u must know, I am a trained experienced n successful psychologist n counsellor. Don't ask stupid questions on social media....u can't be sure who u are talking to. And next time, mind your language!
My humble submission
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Pamcrest(f): 7:18am On Feb 28, 2015
booket:
i tink dt only lazy men crave for independent ladies.

To some extent, yes. Though I have seen some men who actually love independent women, just because she can hold her own in d relationship, and is not overtly dependent on him. Different strokes for different folks. grin
My humble submission
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 28, 2015
Pamcrest:

By their words u shall know them. Your reasoning is beyond shallow, it's nauseating. U are asking me how familiar I am with such women...so I must be a man to know, kwo? If u must know, I am a trained experienced n successful psychologist n counsellor. Don't ask stupid questions on social media....u can't be sure who u are talking to. And next time, mind your language!
My humble submission
i asked you a question and then u decided to flaunt your qualification with no constructive and intelligible reply.
Your hubris has clouded you.
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by sinaj(f): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2015
booket:
u re right sha.bug sum men prefer their wife to stay nd raise the children so dt they cn grow up with a good home training.and i dont see anythng wrng with dt.
while some men prefer working class lady...it all depends on understanding
Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Purehuman(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Dude you're trying to help yourself grin
Lol...

I already have 1 grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 28, 2015
babyosisi:

The writing style alone tells you many of the responders are kids still receiving pocket money.They have a lot of maturing to do
Lol! grin grin grin
Purehuman:

Lol...
I already have 1 grin
cheesy
Good for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Think My Girlfriend Is Tired Of Me. I Love Her / What Is 'Romantic' To You? / Mixed Race Couples Are So Damn Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.