Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report (6480 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts / Is Campaigning With Dog A New Campaign Strategy By APC?(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Now you want to shift the goal post, for Gmb, its left to be seen. Gej has proven he can't get the National Assembly to jack other than corrupt activities. He knows how to get this same assembly to pass his poor budget.

Obamacare is active , that's what leaders do, they don't whine
If only some of the legislators will shun tribal and partisanship in the PIB, it would have been passed since 2009. The Problem we have with people like you is that you know what is on ground but wants to play smart. The President equally made statement on FOI and did within 24hours of being presented. You chose to avoid that because it won't help your argument. The PIB is a problem of the NASS, the question is what has APC legislators done to get it passed. I won't want to hit on the main opposition of the bill so as not to appear tribal. As for the confab, it will be implemented except you guys choose to play politics again

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Change2015(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
for a bill to pass ya nid a 2/3, so stop acting like a political novice undecided

You are the political novice here. A two-thirds majority is only required to pass a bill that the president has vetoed (override the veto). Otherwise a simple majority will suffice!

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by ochejoseph(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli I am very disappointed by the fact that you seem not to have a clue about the functions of the different arms of government !

I will try my best to educate you and hope you don't reciprocate with your regular insults which has become the hallmark of the APC both on and Off line

1. It it the duty of the president or any other citizen to sponsor or send a Bill to the National assembly for consideration and possible passage into Law!

2 after the submission the only other input the public or the president can make is when the relevant house committee calls for public hearing

3. After the public hearing and presentation of reports and clause by clause consideration of the bills as well as other legislative process the Bill will only be returned to the president when it has ben passed by both house and Harmonised with a clean copy sent for assent

The President sponsored the Bill, the Minister of Petroleum has made several presentations on why the National assembly needs to pass the Bill

GEJ cannot be President ,National assembly and Judiciary all at the same time

On the Confab report

Many recommendations do not require amendments to Law, or the passage of new laws this the president can do by exercising his executive powers after due consideration of the matter in question

Examples of such recommendations

1. Return of mission schools forcefully taken over by the federal and state Govt

2. Mayoral status for FCT

3. Cancellation of Severance package and life insurance for legislators and others

3 Likes

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli has nothing to say joor...
customized13:
I never said the house will be made up of one political party, but PDP should have the majority.

Now answer my question, or are you clueless?

2 Likes

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
Obiagelli has no point. The role of the President is to sign bills into law. He doesn't participate in bills reading neither does he have powers to vote for or against a bill. The PIB is an executive bill, tell your people to pass it and see whether or not Mr President will sign it like he did FOI.

As for the Confab, the NASS won't go through their loooong process, because there will be no need for that since everyone was involved. The President only need to get their formal endorsement and implement it...

Or there be a referandum... He can exploit any option!

Why did he promise that the bill will be passed when its beyond him.

Naive question, how was the National Assembly involved in drafting the confab report?

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Clerverly: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
Obiagelli has no point. The role of the President is to sign bills into law. He doesn't participate in bills reading neither does he have powers to vote for or against a bill. The PIB is an executive bill, tell your people to pass it and see whether or not Mr President will sign it like he did FOI.

[s]As for the Confab, the NASS won't go through their loooong process, because there will be no need for that since everyone was involved. The President only need to get their formal endorsement and implement it...

Or there be a referandum... He can exploit any option![/s]

Have you seen, you are not as intelligent as people thought. Since you shifted to the. other side of divides, your intellectual emptiness and hollowness is now very obvious!!

So because everybody was involved, it won't to go the NASS for debate? Even your jonathan has said in numerous occasions, he would send the report to the National Assembly for debate and passage, but here you just want to hang on to a faulty position.

Please dust up the constitution and re-read without TAN eyeglasses!

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Change2015:

You are the political novice here. A two-thirds majority is only required to pass a bill that the president has vetoed (override the veto). Otherwise a simple majority will suffice!

#change
#GMB
#APC
Which constitution are you reading?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
I believe i answered your question with the US/UK example. Obamacare for instance
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by ogmask: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
you deliberately decided not to tell us everything he said..he said that they should vote for him and also vote for PDP at the National Assembly to enable him implement the confab report.. angry

PDP had the muscles to implement the PIB befor the movement of the govrs and legislators. Why ddnt he lobby them to do it.

On confab, ddnt GEJ know that he will not be able to unilaterally implement the confab report befor embarking on the venture? What an excuse. Gej and his team would rather spend time they would have used to lobby for passage to run down percievd enemies

Obiageli is spot on here.
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Change2015:

#change
#GMB
#APC
go read ya govt bro, wen does d president exercise d veto power undecided?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why did he promise that the bill will be passed when its beyond him.

Naive question, how was the National Assembly involved in drafting the confab report?
The NASS sent delegates to the Confab and had lots of imput. Maybe you need to look at the composition of Confab members. You think they were there to sell kulikuli? It seems you assume that the Confab is like the regular parliamentary bill.

2 Likes

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
ochejoseph:
Obiagelli I am very disappointed by the fact that you seem not to have a clue about the functions of the different arms of government !

I will try my best to educate you and hope you don't reciprocate with your regular insults which has become the hallmark of the APC both on and Off line

1. It it the duty of the president or any other citizen to sponsor or send a Bill to the National assembly for consideration and possible passage into Law!

2 after the submission the only other input the public or the president can make is when the relevant house committee calls for public hearing

3. After the public hearing and presentation of reports and clause by clause consideration of the bills as well as other legislative process the Bill will only be returned to the president when it has ben passed by both house and Harmonised with a clean copy sent for assent

The President sponsored the Bill, the Minister of Petroleum has made several presentations on why the National assembly needs to pass the Bill

GEJ cannot be President ,National assembly and Judiciary all at the same time

On the Confab report

Many recommendations do not require amendments to Law, or the passage of new laws this the president can do by exercising his executive powers after due consideration of the matter in question

My brother don't teach me how government works, this thread questions credibility rather than process.
Why the did the president promise that the PIB law would be passed (except was clueless about government)

Why is he promising to implement the confab that requires the same process as the PIB? I think you should save your lectures for the president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
bros, you don see am na?

APC style, always playing the blame game without proffering solutions.

3 Likes

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
The NASS sent delegates to the Confab and had lots of imput. Maybe you need to look at the composition of Confab members. You think they were there to sell kulikuli? It seems you assume that the Confab is like the regular parliamentary bill.

The Petroleum committee of the house of assembly wasn't part of the PIB?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Clerverly:

Have you seen, you are not as intelligent as people thought. Since you shifted to the. other side of divides, your intellectual emptiness and hollowness is now very obvious!!

So because everybody was involved, it won't to go the NASS for debate? Even your jonathan has said in numerous occasions, he would send the report to the National Assembly for debate and passage, but here you just want to hang on to a faulty position.

Please dust up the constitution and re-read without TAN eyeglasses!

When someone goes out of logical argument they resort to name-calling. Well I will pretend I didn't see it!

The NASS sent delegates for the Confab, they were not there for a tea party. The President only need their endorsement or resolution. It is not a regular bill that will require formal readings upon readings(except they have any plans to modify it). But again your insults makes you appear like a deranged fellow which I hope you are not.

Thanks for the time

2 Likes

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Almightyperes: 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
I don't really have much info on the where about of the PIB but the south west leaders believe GEJ is more approachable in dealing with than GMB. Since GEJ is the approval of the CONFAB he will still implement it

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

The Petroleum committee of the house of assembly wasn't part of the PIB?
no they weren't. The President's team drafted the bill and sent to the parliament. The NaSS Committees are not part of the executive but legislators. They weren't part of the draft.

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Ngwakwe: 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
The Speaker has already promised last Monday to do everything within his power to work with his colleagues in the HOR to get the bill passed before the conclusion of seventh Assembly.

GEJ has already made the last minute deal to lobby the NASS to get the job done.

Just wait and see. The only enemy against the passage of the bill is minority leader cum Mr oppose everything from GEJ.

Obiagelli:
Calling on ngwakwe, Sincere9gerian, jmaine and other pro gej

Ola6; Rossike, Truckpusher, barcanista
babyosisi , collynzo23; theassassin, jmaine,
Sunnybobo3, joehannibal,
Sincere9gerian, BlackTechnology, LeOstrich,
OLADD; biafranqueen; Tomakint;
phockphockman ;Mogidi; Jmaine; Jamace;
Atlwireless; Anonimi; Sunnybobo; Customized13;
Opiaoku; Petrov10; gramci; Taharqa;
Iamodenigbo; Arysexy; Descartes; Gh0stFreak;
Shizzlestar; ujoinme; rozayx5; chukwudi44;
wombraiders,mudraker, bishopjuice,
ghostfacekiller, chiefjusticefuk; firefire;
datolee; bloodykiller; ichidodo; ratiken;
dozzybaba; phockphockman ; longeria; anonimi;
aljharem; aryzgreat; publisher; brownlord; iconize;
rigarmortis; Descartes; pointb; pazienza;
OKDNigeria; stebell; brokenTV; ;longeria; rozayx5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by deeptechcool(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
LRNZH:
Some posters here are political novices believing GEJ's campaign pitches- hook, line and sinker. Sorry.

Jonathan is the true dèfinition of a lie. Only saTANs believe him though.

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
customized13:
bros, you don see am na?

APC style, always playing the blame game without proffering solutions.
My brother, me sef tire o. Instead of them to tell their party men in the house to expedite action on the bill, they are blaming someone that had no vote in parliamentary decision. Nothing we no go see for naija. Next them go blame PEJ for the failure of Fashola to implement FOI

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Clerverly: 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
When someone goes out of logical argument they resort to name-calling. Well I will pretend I didn't see it!

The NASS sent delegates for the Confab, they were not there for a tea party. The President only need their endorsement or resolution. It is not a regular bill that will require formal readings upon readings(except they have any plans to modify it). But again your insults makes you appear like a deranged fellow which I hope you are not.

Thanks for the time

There is no short cut in passage of bills (be it executive, legislative or private member bill) in the National Assembly except you are talking about motions! It must pass through the stages and accented to or vetoed!! So learn and stop running round faulty lines!

Good night!

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by deeptechcool(m): 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:
The Speaker has already promised last Monday to do everything within his power to work with his colleagues in the HOR to get the bill passed before the conclusion of seventh Assembly.

GEJ has already made the last minute deal to lobby the NASS to get the job done.

Just wait and see. The only enemy against the passage of the bill is minority leader cum Mr oppose everything from GEJ.

The question is, why is GEJ campaigning with something beyond his absolute control? Is GEJ now 'Mr Speaker' you put up there?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Now a honest man's response. He should ensure that the PIB is passed before promising us confab.
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

My brother, I tire o. The Speaker was only playing to the gallery. The Senate problem is what I don't understand. This NASS to me are not different from their predecessors. When Musa Yaradua sent the bill, Mark and Tambawal promised to pass it before 2010. We are in 2015 and the same promise.

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by PhockPhockMan: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
The president promised to get the PIB passed in 2011, today he and his confab thieves are telling us that only gej can implement the confab report.

Question is where is the PIB law today?

In seun's voice, once beaten, twice shy
I thought you're wise and knowledgeable, now I know I'm wrong. Do you know the president’s effort in making sure the bill is passed, yet the enemies of progress in the house of Representatives led by tambuwal stalled it.
That was one of the reasons he insisted on Mulikat Akande as Speaker in order to have smooth sail.
In this case you're telling me that Buhari's plan to fight corruption is an effort in futility since he knows that he can't do it without judicial.
During Jonathan rally in lagos, he asked the Yoruba to vote PDP lawmakers for smooth sailing of the bill.
So, he's not deceiving anybody.

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Now a honest man's response. He should ensure that the PIB is passed before promising us confab.
How will he ensure that? He should takeover the powers of legislators or how exactly?

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
Barcanista

Sen. Udoma
Udo Udoma heads the task force as Chairman. Other
members of the eight-man body are Sen. Tunde Ogbeha,
Sen. Emmanuel Agboti, Sen. M. T. Liman, Hon. Chibudom
Nwuche, Hon. Abdullahi Gumel, Hon. Habeeb Fashinro; and
Comrade Peter Esele, President, Trade Union Congress.

www.nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/342/FG-inaugurates-Special-Task-Force-on-PIB.aspx

This is as far back as January 2012, so don't tell us the Senate had no inputs
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by VolvoS60(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
The PIB issue is a matter of the National Assembly. Some Northern legislators are vehemently opposed to some provisions of PIB and that is the basis for the stalmate. Though I believe that the President could do a little more in influencing his party men, it again bothers on the NASS members to pass the Bill and send it to GEJ for ascent. The President has said he will sign the PIB when it gets to his table, so far it hasn't got to his table.

As for the Confab report, I believe he will implement it when he get re-elected.

Recall that He said in 2011 that he will sign the FOI when it gets to his table, it got to his table and he signed it within 24hrs. The same FOI that Governors Fashola, Ajimobi, Amaechi etc are fighting tooth and nail to subdue.

^^^^
The bolded part of your post got my attention.

Perhaps you should have used the word 'lot' instead of the word 'little'. I marvel at how GEJ could whip the party faithful into line when it came to endorsing his candidacy and ensuring he ran unopposed at last year's party primaries. Yet GEJ cannot muster support for a life changing bill like the PIB despite a party majority in both Houses. Private interests trumping national interests? undecided

Perhaps you can educate me on any far reaching executive sponsored bill that has been passed into law in the past 4 to 6 years? And please do not mention the FOI bill. Although I give GEJ some credit for signing that bill (compare his speedy assent to the pig headed obstinacy of OBJ - a man who clearly wanted total freedom to run his corrupt and fraudulent government without any external scrutiny angry), it should not be forgotten that the FOI bill was sponsored by an opposition lawmaker. (I must digress at this point and state my complete revulsion and disgust at APC governors who have refused to sponsor or assent to FOI bills at the state level. Is this not the meaning of hypocrisy and confusion? undecided).

As things stand, I am not aware of any 'signature' legislation (as Mr. Soludo would put it) that the GEJ administration can boast of. Without any groundbreaking legislation passed then what platform will the so-called 'institution building' (which we have heard so much about) rest on?

If GEJ isn't re-elected next month then what exactly will we say his legacy is?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
How will he ensure that? He should takeover the powers of legislators or how exactly?

Do you understand the word lobby? How was Obamacare passed?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by OLADD: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
PIB to pass and sign into law, Jonathan.
Global Update
Tuesday, 22 February 2011 16:10
PIB to pass and sign into law, Jonathan.
Global Update Tuesday, 22 February 2011 16:10
President Goodluck Jonathan has said the Petroleum
Industry Bill would be passed and signed into law, before
the end of his administration.
He disclosed this in a keynote address at the opening of the
Nigerian Oil and Gas conference in Abuja.
Dr. Jonathan, who spoke through his Special Adviser on
Petroleum, Emmanuel Egboga, said the major drive of his
administration’s economic policy was to achieve a greater
linkage between the oil and gas industry.

www.coolfm.ng/abuja969/index.php/news/global-updates/6199-pib-to-pass-and-sign-into-law-jonathan.html

Every aspirant to any political office always tie their campaign to one selling point or the other and that's the norm the world over. Is it not ironic that Buhari is still going about using corruption as his campaign gimmick having hinged the reason for his coup in 1983 on same corruption?
Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by PhockPhockMan: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
you deliberately decided not to tell us everything he said..he said that they should vote for him and also vote for PDP at the National Assembly to enable him implement the confab report.. angry
Don't mind the HYPOCRITES, you're on point.

1 Like

Re: Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
Since we didn't get SNC, let's work with what we have now..Rome wasn't built in a day. You know how difficult it was organize this confab, how much more SNC..The truth is that some people are benefiting from this status quo and they are ready to do anything to make it remain the same..
well, we have no choice but to "manage" Confab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEE How They Are Spraying Money At Ex-dg Of Nimasa's In-law Wedding / Nothing Will Stop Buhari From Winning Second Term......sarrki / 2023: Dethroned Emir Sanusi, Abba Kyari Campaign Materials Surfaces (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.