Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,274 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It (69234 Views)

"I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / Anytime I Sleep With Her, I Receive Strange Knock On My Head —husband / He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by SirAweezy(m): 9:47am On Mar 01, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

Myopic u say? smh...i dont tink u knw wat dat means.
D lady had her faults, yes! but did d mister's actions solved d probs? Hell no! but rather complicated it. This is whr d issue of selfcontrol comes in,women will always be women.
Ladies r not meant to be trampled upon but be cared for.
at ds juncture...i quit

Women will always never be women.. In this case.. A matured woman will always think of consequences b4 action.. #fact.. Example is my wife.

You don't abuse a guy and expect him to control himself.. There is a limit to which an individual can take.. Even you as alady!

6 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by redcliff: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2015
sisisioge:
OhLordhavemercy! What a passionate and destructive relationship you had. Pity you hit her. When a man hits a woman, she never really gets over it. Why will you look me in the eyes and hit me? Haaaaa, it's the beginning of the end for us. What a pity story...hope you still see and care for your child.

Then dont make him that beast with your words and actions

3 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by JoeCutie(m): 9:50am On Mar 01, 2015
Hey, mcdokwe, it's always a regrettable thing to hit a lady, but almost more regrettable, is the fact that ladies (not all though, to be fair) won't just stop bringing this upon themselves. Sometimes, some ladies do these things just to test a man's resolve - to see how patient he could be. This is all rubbish. I once told a girl; you can't match the physicality of a guy (or rather, an angry guy), so stop trying. Even when the guy promises not to ever touch you, don't push it. He's human too, he could break his promises.

I read your post, and even though I always have this mentality that there's always an 'untold story' in every (told) story; but I believe you still. I believe your story, not because you're a fellow guy; no, as that would be very silly of me, but because I know ladies, and I know their psychology. Again, I've seen (experienced) things myself. I advocate for nonviolent relationships, but in this context, I can't help but agree that you did what you had to do. It was called for. Ladies know just how to make you lose it. They know just how to push you to the wall, by stretching you beyond your elastic limits just to see if you'd break. It's very unfortunate, because in most cases, these rather too silly antics of theirs, boomerang, and they end up being at the receiving end. Sometimes a good number of them see your leniency as weakness, and believe you me, it could be very annoying. The deed has been done, nonetheless. I don't know your plans, but whatever it is you want to do, let it be honourable. If you can still make it work with her, you do it, but if it isn't possible anymore, just move on with your life. Most importantly, I really hope you learn from this.

About the lady in question; had she visited America before? Cos I think she had 'that' American sickness - Depression. And the involvement of a therapist could have been of immense help.

Finally, Op, what about your baby?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2015
Op.
I like your use of English
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by dinachi(m): 10:14am On Mar 01, 2015
The graveyard is full of gentlemen who could not say enough is enough at the right time! My bothers don't be a victim! Do not let a woman physically abuse you to death or emotionally abuse you till you develop high blood pressure and die. Be wise and learn from the OP.
Every year thousands of men develop high blood pressure months and years into their marriage. It is about time we look out for ourselves.
Even the Bible says IT IS BETTER TO LIVE IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOF THAN WITH A NAGGING( VERBAL AND EMOTIONALLY ABUSIVE) WOMAN!
Pls look and learn.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by UNLEASHED(m): 10:39am On Mar 01, 2015
Every man has a beast in them. May we not come across the woman that will breath life into that beast.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Amhappy(f): 10:39am On Mar 01, 2015
cococandy:

We're you guys planning to get married?
Or just cohabiting?

You know Nigerian ladies don't fancy living with a man who's not ready to do right by them especially when they have people by the side mocking them about their 'cheapness' in openly living with and bearing kids for a man who won't do them the 'honor' of marriage.

Nne seems you are in my head. I dont want to comment on their fighting aspect. I just want mcdokwe to know this is the root cause of his failed relationship. Your girl have been ridiculed,abused and is frustrated. You admitted to not being financially boyant. Those friends and maybe her family were definitely asking if she was enchanted. That you love her,are gentle and dont beat her was her only bragging point. Now that have been lost your relationship is doomed. Love is never enough.

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by gbenga4my(m): 10:42am On Mar 01, 2015
sweetcocoa:
OP, I don't support violence from anyone but seems to me like you did what you had to do, to remove yourself from that situation at the time.

I believe she is not a child and if everything you wrote here is true, then you two probably shouldn't be together, atleast till she is mature enough to decide what she really wants.
Ist time am gonna c a lady talk responsibly. Kudos

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by sweetcocoa(f): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2015
zeb04:
Your sermon is out of guilt.

No matter how much encouragement you get here from your fellow guys,you still feel guilty! Deal with it.

After the blows in your house,You still shamelessly fought in your relatives house.

You are a mental case nd you shouldn't be with any woman til you get helped.
Seriously, you need to stop sounding like you hate men and try to be objective.

Being a woman is not license to misbehave.

8 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by tmanuelle(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

idc...hitting her and sayin she deserves it is just annoying.

i av no regard for men in dat class

...ur singular opinion tho.

Neva allow ur sentiments 2 cloud ur reasoning.

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by sweetcocoa(f): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2015
What is it with some people saying, OP took her for granted because she bore his child, lived with him outside wedlock and all? Please is the child not also hers? Did she not partake in the $ex they had? Did it all happen as a favor to the OP?

How can you people be making it sound like the OP maltreated an adult who chose to live with a man she isn't married to? Was she held against her will? Does she not have a brain? Can't she decide for herself?

Please you people should quit making it sound like women have to wait to have everything handed down to them, haba!

5 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by duduade: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2015
All i could deduce from this story and pattern of relating the story is that this did not happen in Nigeria..
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by leeland(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2015
Women could be so annoying. But it takes the grace of GOD to not raise a hand on them. GOD give me the grace not to hit my wife when I get married. IJN. Amen
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Anaskie(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2015
charismaticdave:

After reading your story, am sure the lady truly deserve it. I knew a lady then, anytime we had a misunderstanding , she beat and slapped me 11 times , and she did it for 6 months, when I striked back, some people just called me a beast, if am a beast, then what was she?
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by logica(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2015
leeland:
Women could be so annoying. But it takes the grace of GOD to not raise a hand on them. GOD give me the grace not to hit my wife when I get married. IJN. Amen
It does not require the grace of God for you to discern erratic patterns in behavior indicative of mental imbalance and taking preemptive action (quick end to the relationship). If you pay attention to that, then you will not have to have regrets about hitting a woman; as it simply will never happen.

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by sweetcocoa(f): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2015
The lady was even reaching for weapons with which to batter the OP, if you can hit, best be prepared for what follows afterwards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by 100Cents: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2015
mcdokwe:
I don't and it is my greatest regret.
My hitting her can never equate to the verbal, emotional and often physical abuse she subjected me to even though the later comes to nought as I am stronger than she is.

Believe, any man who loves you would wish that you are all laughter all the days of your life, but women often give room for that as narrated above. And had women more physical power than men, the male folks would have gone into extinction.
No man would be as stupid as to hit a woman for no cause.

Some ladies are in destructive friendships with their fellow girls.

You need to see how destructive the advice some ladies give to their fellow women. What these girls don't understand is that some of their friends give them those advices out of envy to ruin their happy relationships with their man.

If I want to date a lady, I will tell her its between me and her. No silly advice from friends or family. And I mean it. One day, I could just call her and say, pick me or that your lady friend Chioma. If she picks chioma, I cut the relationship.

Some women are jezebels. But they don't know it. If I notice, you are closer to your friends than me, then I quit..

Sorry, I pity your loss. But one fight shouldn't have led to a complete break up with someone you should have married.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Dheartless: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2015
everyone that advice the guy to manage his anger and blame him for not having self control,those advice are right but,
YOU ARE ALL BIG FOOLS.

because those advice are meant for the lady,
I guess you all need to go learn what self control means,
* it means you should not behave like the "posters" gurl. very simple, isn't it?

3 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by emiye(m): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2015
Quite unfortunate, women need to understand it takes greater resolve for a man to exercise restraint than a woman. Nature makes a man more aggressive than a woman by inputing more testosterone in it. When a man shows self control to a lady, the lady should learn to appreciate it, and not see the man as weak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Dheartless: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
the reply of some women here is just making them look like a lesser being

3 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by logica(m): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2015
Dheartless:
the reply of women here is just making them look like a lesser being
Not all the women. From their responses, you can tell those who had a father figure from those who had none (and ended up as men haters as a result of series of failed relationships). Being close to a man is essential for a girl child; she picks up her understanding of men from her father and other men in the family (uncles etc) and hopefully these are normal and sane men. Without that understanding, she will stumble from one failed relationship to another; and continue to get angrier and angrier at men.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by mcdokwe(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2015
Kimoni:
OP, I read ur story and yes, you both are at fault but I also don't understand how sober you are or if you wont really do same next time, this is from your choice of words such as "she deserves it" and "she really didn't get enough of the beatings".

It's sounding like you still relish the beating you gave her cuz you think ur actions were well justified. There is never a justification for beating your spouse IMO esp in the presence of a child.

I advise you to also look inwards on how you could have handled the situation better from your end as against you laying the total blame on her. Don't be one of the men who beat once, regret it but continue to beat afterwards.
when I said she didn't get enough, I meant the beating didn't stop her. Not that I wish I gave her more

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by eneres: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2015
You were emotionally and verbally abused by your gf/fiancee. Nobody deserve that male or female. Then she went right ahead to start on the physical abuse...what the hell was she thinking? You even had to pin her down and she still went ahead to smash your phone. Again I imagined...what was she thinking? Op, sorry to say this, you are dealing with an unstable person. She needed to see a psychologist long before you guys had the fight. And please try not to bury yourself in the guilt, she had it coming. No matter what her friends told her u did, if she wasn't comfortable, she had the option of leaving. I must commend your resilience because I'm aware there are men who wouldn't take half of what you did before plummeting their partners
nobody deserves to be abused in any form.

3 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by eneres: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Dheartless:
the reply of some women here is just making them look like a lesser being
the things is some women believe our 'fragility' gives us the go ahead to do whatever we want and then play the victim when the consequences come forth. That is total BS. She deserves all she got. How do put that much strain on someone's self-control and expect it not to break? She expected it, she probably didn't think the guy would be the one to win the fight

3 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Dheartless: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
logica:
Not all the women. From their responses, you can tell those who had a father figure from those who had none (and ended up as men haters as a result of series of failed relationships). Being close to a man is essential for a girl child; she picks up her understanding of men from her father and other men in the family (uncles etc) and hopefully these are normal and sane men. Without that understanding, she will stumble from one failed relationship to another; and continue to get angrier and angrier at men.
I agree not all women here, I modified before even this mention.
and the rest of your post is damn correct as well.
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Rose2014: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
mcdokwe:
I read a lot about how men who hit their partners are nothing but beasts, I nearly joined the bandwagon of accusers because I couldn't fathom how uncontrollable one's temper could be as to turn one's partner to a punching bag.

Don't get me wrong, I deeply regret I ever hit her, unfortunately that is one reason that apparently hold water as a reason for leaving even though she never gets to tell the whole story.

She had been a very good girl, and even till date, the only girl I have lost myself in love to. Yes, I have been a broke ass nigga and thankfully she could be a low maintenance lady.

She once told me how some of her stupid friends asked if I have hit her before obviously looking for shortfalls to convince her she shouldn't be dating me and how she proudly told them I hadn't for once.

In fairness to the truth, I learnt a lot from her and having her taught me how to treat my sister who was her age better.
At a point in her life, she had no genuine friend and would always moan to me how bad some friend or the other treated her and how she wasn't interested in their friendship anymore and I had to constantly remind her that people are different and so with their motives, I always encouraged her to try to understand such motives before writing them off.
I literally became her only friend and unfortunately shoved some people who could have been some sort of relief aside so much that we had just each other
Days became weeks and months and she conceived for me and a lot started changing about her. Maybe in her bid to feel acceptable, she got entangled with people she wrote completely off before, this wasn't a so much of a challenge because atleast she could whine less about them to me, her dress sense changed and she turned deaf ears to my appeal for explanation, I had to adapt to some of those challenges but unfortunately those friends became more valuable to her than myself even though we had a child coming and lived together, she shared less of her worries with me but would tell them even the minutest detail of our relationship which were frequently misrepresented maybe in a bid to gain sympathy which she eventually got. They explained my actions and inactions better than I could and she could go for days without talking to me so long as the meal was provides and the babies need met, she opted for a break anytime I told her of her upsetting attitude and the need to work on it, but would never tell me of her own misgivings towards me even when I plead so I could work on myself too, but would rather discuss unthinkable issues with her friends.

Fast forward to that particular day, a lady who I encouraged her to make friends with because of her distress and the feeling we could be of help to sent a text to her sim which happened to be on my phone saying she needs to know when I left the house so she could come over and I was wth! This is some one I brought in, someone whose coming means she is to fend from my toil, and I asked what it could be that I did that should warrant such. I sent her a text telling her never to bother coming anymore as I wasn't leaving the house that day anymore. She called her back and asked her only God knows what and my lady went up in frenzy insulting me not minding that a third party was there.
Minutes later the other girl stopped by to apologise stating that I misunderstood her text but my girlfriend continued the insult asking why she should bother to explain or apologise. After a while every other person left and she became apologetically cosy, well I shrugged her off knowing her being apologetic doesn't stop her from insulting me the next minute if she felt like, and true to my prediction, even while she was still being sorry, her words turned from being apologetic to outright insult, calling me unprintable names and how I am a hopeless orphan (I lost my dad the previous year and my mum is still very much alive and she is so lettered and knows what an orphan means) well I said something too of her family because I was hurt but could never match her with words and I made to leave the house in that fit of anger. But she locked the door and wouldn't let me. She turned apologetic again and then insulting, in that state all I could do was pity her because I couldn't imagine how someone could be so unstable, I was visibly frustrated and made to leave the house which she wouldn't have either and I had to forcefully remove her from the way. She came back hard on my, making for anything. That could be converted into a weapon, thankfully I was stronger and made her efforts futile. I pinned her to the ground with the intention to make her realise I am stronger than our love sessions where I played weak to let her have an upper hand so she could give up already, but the moment I released her a bit, she reached for my phone and smashed it on the floor repeatedly, I regrettably gave her some blows and because I didn't want it to continue, opened the door so a neighbour could come in a stop the fight. I later stormed out with the child and headed for a family who had rendered enough care to us and she later found her way there, I expected her to behave more in their presence but that was to wishful of me and unfortunately the ladies couldn't stop me as I gave her even deadlier blows but mehn, she never really got enough.

She was later forced into one of the rooms in the apartment and locked up with the baby.
After a while I walked to that point seeing how pitiful she looked asked her with tears in my eyes why she was acting the way she does to which she replied with a tone that could melt the devil's heart that she didn't know and was sorry. We packed up and went back home to the astonishment of all who saw us fight. Needless to say we made love that night after which she confessed she never knew I could hit her even after I was with her at the delivery room and declared no woman should be beaten by her man. She also owned up and apologised for pushing me to that point.

She also told me how a particular friend of hers who came in after the fight had told her not to have sex with me that night and all that.

The relationship lasted for a little longer without fights and she left while I was away for reasons still not clear to me, and looking back I regret that I ever let her pushing me to the point of hitting her but I still believe firmly that she deserved it.

Abeg spare me all these details, you said she was apologetic twice, what did you do then? Mtchew
It's only when u already gave her many blows u remembered to shed crocodile tears

Until u give us d full gist, save this story for the gods
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

2sexy dear, how your new Babe? Abi you still dey search? I AM AVAILABLE O.MY BOYFRIEND DON PURSUE ME OOO. embarassed
make i pm u abi u dey joke?
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Dheartless: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2015
eneres:

the things is some women believe our 'fragility' gives us the go ahead to do whatever we want and then play the victim when the consequences come forth. That is total BS. She deserves all she got. How do put that much strain on someone's self-control and expect it not to break? She expected it, she probably didn't think the guy would be the one to win the fight
imaging!, someone that could not even control herself over "her guy talking a little mean to her friend", is expecting someone else to control himself over her verbal and physical abuse against him!
the level of most women hypocrisy is astonishing and irritating.

1 Like

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by dinachi(m): 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
sweetcocoa:
What is it with some people saying, OP took her for granted because she bore his child, lived with him outside wedlock and all? Please is the child not also hers? Did she not partake in the $ex they had? Did it all happen as a favor to the OP?
How can you people be making it sound like the OP maltreated an adult who chose to live with a man she isn't married to? Was she held against her will? Does she not have a brain? Can't she decide for herself?
Please you people should quit making it sound like women have to wait to have everything handed down to them, haba!
Brilliant analysis! Whoever marries you is in heaven already. You are blessed with wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Bigsteveg(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
sisisioge:
OhLordhavemercy! What a passionate and destructive relationship you had. Pity you hit her. When a man hits a woman, she never really gets over it. Why will you look me in the eyes and hit me? Haaaaa, it's the beginning of the end for us. What a pity story...hope you still see and care for your child.

I also hope ur mum tot u how to talk to a man and also how to behave. You can't run your mouth like a mad woman and expected not to be taught a lesson. We are all human beings.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by seunoni34(m): 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
greatgod2012:

posts or words like these don't usually go well with me, i usually find it hard to absorb, please pardon me, so, because she's a woman, she's not suppose to have self control, it's only men that self control are recommended for, abi, what a double standard?
So, men does not deserve to be cared for but trampled upon, it's only women that are suppose to be cared for and not be trampled on, abi? So, it's a crime to be a man abi?
As far as i'm concerned sha, the two of them have the roles they played towards their failed relationship, the two of them are both guilty, but the woman definately brought out the devil in the man, that's a fact. No gender should be abusive, either emotionally or physically, and no one should treat the other the way he/she will not want to be treated. That's the golden rule.
Classic mentality, God bless your wisdom! I pray for the best man for you in life. Amen
Re: I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It by Bigsteveg(m): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

Myopic u say? smh...i dont tink u knw wat dat means.
D lady had her faults, yes! but did d mister's actions solved d probs? Hell no! but rather complicated it. This is whr d issue of selfcontrol comes in,women will always be women.
Ladies r not meant to be trampled upon but be cared for.
at ds juncture...i quit

Ohhh, sweetie we are all humans, u can't lock the door and keep on hitting me and expect not to be tot a lesson. My dear, i'll deal with you mercilessly

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.