Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47259 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:17am On Mar 01, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

[size=18pt]SO NOW YOU KNOW HE HAS SSCE. CAMBRIDGE HAS CONFIRMED IT, WAEC HAS CONFIRMED IT. WHY DONT YOU FACE THE WEIGHTY ISSUES LIKE INSURGENCY, CORRUPTION, RISING RATE OF EMPLOYMENT, DEVALUED NAIRA ET AL[/size]

All this confirmations without issue of certification? Bro! Abeg pack well. Have you seen a university graduate who was not issued a certificate by the school?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:19am On Mar 01, 2015
Ok if anybody feels he/she wants to k now about GMB certificat then here is where to ring and write to
Jacky Emerson
Archive Service Delivery Officer
Cambridge Assessment Archive Service
Cambridge Assessment
1 Hill Road Cambridge CB1 2EU
phone +44(0)1223553298
direct dial +44(0)122355598.
There you go guys.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Izontubo(m): 12:20am On Mar 01, 2015
Elxandre:

My problem with Nigerians is lack of objectivity.
If we don't teach this leaders how to be truthful, do you think any political party can save us?
The problem is not exactly our leaders, it's us.

I mean which nation would have it's youth chanting gibberish that they would vote for one with even a NEPA bill?
What the APC is offering, 'change' are just mere promises that we have been fed over and over again by past leaders.

Imagine people promising to curb corruption not even being able to produce a stunning truthful candidate!

For the records, only his statement of result was released.
That of course is far from authentic proof.
Cambridge threw the door open for him to come forward for official clarification, but they (APC) never showed up!

What happened to rejecting a liar and voting for another credible candidate eg Fasola
No! Nigerians are just gullible people who fall for the easiest propagandas and deceit in the world!
exactly...we deserve what ever we get as a nation..the same olodo who made that comment rigorously went through school in order to qualify for gaining employment,bit is here espousing a man whose certificate is no where to be found..there are many brain dead Nigerians walahi..let's just seperate this country..
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 01, 2015
erico2k2:

with due respect plz point me to the link where Cambridge released his result and to whom and also the grades.Im waiting cos I know as a matter of fact no institution will release statement of result of anyone above 16 to a third party without the consent of the candidate unless to law enforcement agency ,this is how the UK act, not even under freedom of information act covers this.

Remind me where I said Cambridge released his result.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by sonnie10: 12:23am On Mar 01, 2015
Jarus:

The school confirmed that:

1, He sat for the exam
2, He obtained result.

And they went further to release his grades, and even a mastersheet in Cambridge's heading.

Would Cambridge have kept quiet if that mastersheet showing Buhari's result was a forgery? If you lie against me (Cambridge), do I need any approval to issue a disclaimer? Why has Cambridge not issued a disclaimer?

Guess what? The only disclaimer they have issued was to bust PDP's lies that Hausa was not offered in 1961.

That is not true. The burden of proof in any case requires that the accused exonerate himself.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2015
Jarus:

Remind me where I said Cambridge released his result.
Here. number 2 of what you wrote, or am I misunderstanding you?

1, He sat for the exam
2, He obtained result.

And they went further to release his grades, and even a mastersheet in Cambridge's heading.

Would Cambridge have kept quiet if that mastersheet showing Buhari's result was a forgery? If you lie against me (Cambridge), do I need any approval to issue a disclaimer? Why has Cambridge not issued a disclaimer?

Guess what? The only disclaimer they have issued was to bust PDP's lies that Hausa was not offered in 1961.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 01, 2015
sonnie10:

That is not true. The burden of proof in any case requires that the accused exonerate himself.

So if you just wake up tomorrow to say "Jarus is a female posing on NL as male", I have suddenly become the one to go and spend my resources, take my picture, post it on Nairaland, call my secondary school mates to come and post on NL as witness all because one probably drunk person says something about me?

Where did you school?

4 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Izontubo:
exactly...we deserve what ever we get as a nation..the same olodo who made that comment rigorously went through school in order to qualify for gaining employment,bit is here espousing a man whose certificate is no where to be found..there are many brain dead Nigerians walahi..let's just seperate this country..
well spoken.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by johnnybelove(m): 12:31am On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

Why they never block you na undecided
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by zoomzoom(m): 12:39am On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

And you think that a sick old man has one magic wand that will transform us into paradise?...Your delusion is of epic proportion.WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE:BUHARI AT BEST IS A STOOGE BEING FRONTED BY ALL THOSE CRIMINAL ELEMENTS IN YOUR BLESSED A PC.
WE WILL SAVE HIS LIFE BY RETURNING GEJ.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by hedonistic: 12:39am On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:

You are a complete buffoon. And your buffoonery is probably genetic. Mention ANY regime/administration in any country in history in which certain people are/were not either better off or worse off than they previously were. Even in Obama's prosperous USA, there are numerous poor and wretched people who were "better off" during the preceding George Bush's administration. On the other hand, even in Robert Mugabe's wretched Zimbabwe, many people are better off than they previously were; prosperity is always relative and personal. If not for my Christian faith, I would have argued that even in Heaven, there would be rich and poor people. . . . . So would you say that the poor people would dare blame God's "administration" for their woes?

I am certainly better off today than I was six years ago or ten years ago und r Obasanjo or whoever, and that has little to do with Jonathan. So you better stop spreading this useless message across Nairaland and other forums. Pretend to have sense for once in your miserable life.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by udeh3(m): 12:40am On Mar 01, 2015
As the nation prepares for the February 2015 elections, the educational qualifications of candidates contesting the
office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, has generated endless controversies. Two schools of
thought are locked in the controversy. The dominant school of thought has asserted loudly and clearly that a person
is not eligible to contest election to the office of the President unless he/she produces a Secondary School Leaving
Certificate or its equivalent. It has been and it is still being contended that candidates must possess/produce
educational qualification of at least Secondary School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent in order to be eligible to
contest the on coming elections. Section 131 (d)of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) has been cited in support of
the contention by proponents of that view to support their position. The said Section provides:
“131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if-
(d)he has been educated up to at least school certificate level or its equivalent.”
Candidates contesting election to other elective positions must also possess a similar qualification. This is in view of
the prescription in other provisions of the constitution that candidates to elective posts must have been educated up
to at least school certificate level or its equivalent. Section 177 (d) prescribes that candidates contesting election into
the office of State Governor must have been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent. By virtue
of Section 142(2) and 187(2), the provisions on educational qualification of the President and State Governors apply to
the Vice-President and Deputy Governors respectively. Section 65(2) (a) and 106(c) of the constitution prescribes that
candidates contesting elections as National Assembly and state House of Assembly members respectively must also
have been educated to at least School Certificate Level.
It is against the backdrop of Section 131 (d) of the constitution that the Independent National Electoral Commission
has been and is still being invited, to disqualify Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) (the All Progressives Congress’
presidential candidate) from contesting the forthcoming presidential election. It is likely that more requests will be
made to INEC to disqualify other candidates, on the same grounds of lack of educational qualification of “school
certificate or its equivalent”.
This article seeks to place adequate information at the disposal of all concerned. It educates further all concerned on
the requirements of educational qualifications of persons contesting election to the office of the President and other
elective posts in the coming elections. This article demonstrates that under the 1999 Constitution, production of
secondary school certificate or its equivalent is not a mandatory requirement of being eligible to contest election into
an elective post.
Undoubtedly, Section 131(d) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) prescribes Secondary School Leaving Certificate as
the minimum educational qualification of candidates contesting election to the office of the President of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria. It stipulates that candidates must be “educated up to at least School Leaving Certificate Level or
its equivalent.”
When the above provision is construed in its ordinary grammatical meaning, persons who do not possess the
Secondary School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent are not qualified to contest election to the office of President.
In other words, upon a cursory reading of the provision of Section 131(d), it is easy to come off with the impression
that unless a person possesses the Secondary School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent (Grade II Teacher’s
Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate), he or she is ordinarily not eligible to contest election to the office of the
President of Nigeria. A similar interpretation will be given to other provisions on qualification of candidates in respect
of other elective posts/offices.
The above provision must however be read along with Section 318(1) of the said constitution, which is the
interpretation Section. It becomes crystal clear, upon a careful reading of the said Interpretation Section, that even
persons whose educational qualifications are below the Secondary School Leaving Certificate/level and its equivalent
are still qualified to contest election, if they possess the Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent along
with the other requirements listed under the said definition Section (Section 318(1)).
For the avoidance of doubt, Section 318(1) provides:
“School Certificate or its equivalent” means -
(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or
(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or
(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and-
(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National
Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and
(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National
Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and
(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the
Independent National Electoral Commission; and
(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;”
There is the need to acknowledge the trite rule of interpretation of Statutes which is to the effect that a Section of a
Statute should not be construed in isolation. All sections in a Statute must be interpreted conjunctively, especially
where the Statute has a definition Section, as it is the case with the 1999 Constitution (as amended).Section 131(d)
must therefore be construed in conjunction with Section 318(1) of the constitution which defines the words “School
Certificate or its equivalent.”
It is evident from the above definition Section of the Constitution (Section 318(1)), that the meaning of “School
Certificate or its equivalent”, for the purpose of Section 131(d) of the Constitution, is very liberal and accommodating.
The provision accommodates persons with the Primary School Leaving Certificate coupled with private or public
sector experience and who have attended courses and training for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year.
Such primary school certificate holders must also demonstrate ability to read, write, understand and communicate in
the English language to the satisfaction of INEC. The definition of “School Certificate or its equivalent” also includes
candidates who are educated up to the Secondary School Certificate level. These candidates need not produce
certificates evidencing that they passed secondary school examination. What they must produce is evidence of being
educated up to the secondary school level. This is unlike the other requirement of Secondary School Certificate or its
equivalent or Grade II Teachers Certificate, or City and Guilds Certificateunder Paragraphs(a) of the definition. The
difference between (a) and (b)above is that under (a), production of a Certificate is mandatory. In (b), what is required
is evidence of “education up to Secondary School Certificate level”. While it may well be that production of a
Certificate is evidence which proves(b), it is not the only mode of proving(b). Testimonials, Reference Letters and
Affidavits are legitimate vehicles of proof that a candidate has been “educated up to Secondary School Certificate
level.“As a matter of fact, the (d)part of the above definition is much more elastic and accommodating. It recognizes
“any otherqualification acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission”as a qualification to contest
election to the office of President and other elective posts.It suffices to state that a candidate who relies on (c) must
also produce his/her primary school leaving certificate.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/eligibility-to-contest-election-into-elective-offices-1/
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by johnnybelove(m): 12:40am On Mar 01, 2015
erico2k2:

Here. number 2 of what you wrote, or am I misunderstanding you?

1, He sat for the exam
2, He obtained result.

Bros no vex ooh, but for the school to have release a mastersheet with hausa included did that not tell you that it was forged and why can't he just go to cambridge and get a copy to just clear the air. undecided
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Donwealth587: 12:41am On Mar 01, 2015
Does this make u different? Waiting for the Section of the constitution
nationwide1:
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Rexnegro(m): 12:44am On Mar 01, 2015
berem:
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!
U dey mind them ? Its just d matter of 27days to go na ,sebi today na 1st of March already....sai buhari for president...!!!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by sonnie10: 12:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Jarus:

So if you just wake up tomorrow to say "Jarus is a female posing on NL as male", I have suddenly become the one to go and spend my resources, take my picture, post it on Nairaland, call my secondary school mates to come and post on NL as witness all because one probably drunk person says something about me?

Where did you school?

Do you know the number of innocent people who are languishing in prisons due to false accusation? Bros, when push comes to shove and there is pandemonium in the market, no one tells a deaf man to run for his life. It is called common sense.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:50am On Mar 01, 2015
johnnybelove:

Bros no vex ooh, but for the school to have release a mastersheet with hausa included did that not tell you that it was forged and why can't he just go to cambridge and get a copy to just clear the air. undecided
we are saying same thing I think you got confused by my last post, however I will like to point you to a truth about the Hausa language bit, Cambridge did say languages where offered though, this is fact and if you want to get or hear the status of this whole thing you can write to or call the number I wrote up there.they will respond.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:51am On Mar 01, 2015
kaecy5:

hello sir, just to remind you Only GMB has the right to request for his result from CAMBRIDGE.

also, if BUHARI has presented SUB section of the constitution --

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and-
(i) [b]service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National
Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and
(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National
Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, [/b]and
(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the
Independent National Electoral Commission;

if he has filled his INEC form with FSLC(First school leaving certificate, primary 6) and 10 years military service with some US war college courses he would have been free, we wont have this discussion, but he did other wise

he lied under oath stating his Results that are WAEC equivalent and not FSLC which he owns are with the military Board.
correct
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:54am On Mar 01, 2015
hedonistic:

You are a complete buffoon. And your buffoonery is probably genetic. Mention ANY regime/administration in any country in history in which certain people are/were not either better off or worse off than they previously were. Even in Obama's prosperous USA, there are numerous poor and wretched people who were "better off" during the preceding George Bush's administration. On the other hand, even in Robert Mugabe's wretched Zimbabwe, many people are better off than they previously were; prosperity is always relative and personal. If not for my Christian faith, I would have argued that even in Heaven, there would be rich and poor people. . . . . So would you say that the poor people would dare blame God's "administration" for their woes?

I am certainly better off today than I was six years ago or ten years ago und r Obasanjo or whoever, and that has little to do with Jonathan. So you better stop spreading this useless message across Nairaland and other forums. Pretend to have sense for once in your miserable life.
Haba guy why the Insults and name callings , weather GMB or GEj who wins election they are not going to buy basket of garri for either of you ohh shocked shocked shocked
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by johnnybelove(m): 1:03am On Mar 01, 2015
erico2k2:

we are saying same thing I think you got confused by my last post, however I will like to point you to a truth about the Hausa language bit, Cambridge did say languages where offered though, this is fact and if you want to get or hear the status of this whole thing you can write to or call the number I wrote up there.they will respond.

Calling the number is not the problem, because @ the end of the day na voice I go hear. Just like 9ice said "seeing is believing" better of make him call or write to the school to publish his result shikena
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by kingphilip(m): 1:06am On Mar 01, 2015
EdCure:

I was expecting you to refer him to the law.
gists:
Which Nigerian law are you bending for Buhari? Produce that law or forever keep quiet.
Stup!dity at its peak.
well thanks to u guys for the privilege of Sharing this information with u

according to section 131 of the 1999 constitution as amended in 2011, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of president if:
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to Atleast school certificate level or it's equivalent.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Solomon30: 1:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Sentiment blinds the eyes of judgment, truth and objectivities. There is a laid down rules that streamlined the processes of applying for political offices in Nigeria. The ability to be able to read, write and understand english is not the requirement for admission into the NDA but a WASC result.
We have had situations where university students after 4-5years in the university were arrested and handed over to the police for prosecution instead of getting NYSC call-up letters, why is that? Mainly because WAEC could not reconcile their acclaimed WASC results.
Whatever achievements Buhari might have made using whatever certificate lacks credibilities and merit. Justifying Buhari's act of misdemeanour is ignominious and should be condemned.
How can a perjurer justify his intention to fight corruption when himself is guilty of corrupt practices? Buhari's crime is grievous and dire for fact that he'd been one-time Head of States of Nigeria under his present circumstance. He ought be rotting in jail by now. Buhari will never be Nigeria president again. NEVER AGAIN!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 1:12am On Mar 01, 2015
kingphilip:

well thanks to u guys for the privilege of Sharing this information with u

according to section 131 of the 1999 constitution as amended in 2011, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of president if:
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to Atleast school certificate level or it's equivalent.
do you have any hard copy of (d)?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 1:13am On Mar 01, 2015
johnnybelove:

Calling the number is not the problem, because @ the end of the day na voice I go hear. Just like 9ice said "seeing is believing" better of make him call or write to the school to publish his result shikena
grin grin grin grin
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Intrepidone(m): 1:20am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?
you are one of the nigerians whom the adage applies to : a dog that is destined to be lost wont hear the hunters whistle. are u blindly goint to follow untill the economy crashes finally to realise that the price of doller to naira is on a geometric rise?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by mrkings84(m): 1:25am On Mar 01, 2015
Abeg make una allow me put my mouth small inside this una matter. As for me o, I go still prefer a man way get certificate even if him no no how to express himself or write big big Oyibo grammar to a man way no get wetin to show for him expression. After all no body go fit express themselves pass those our bros dem way day work under flyover or inside motor park. abi expression no be expression?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by IYANGBALI: 1:25am On Mar 01, 2015
When elements in GEJ’s government (Okupe, Fayose and FFK) vowed GMB will never become president, do not think they were bluffing. They are working day and night to make this a reality. They have devised several plans which have been neutralized in the past. Thanks to the proactive measures of some patriotic citizens. Please be informed that this government has not relented. New plans are being devised on a daily basis. The new plans are as follows. Please read and share widely. The idea is to let them know their plans have leaked.
Firstly, there are plans in the offing to impeach Rotimi Ameachi by hook or crook in a few days. This is to incapacitate him in many ramifications and as the campaign director of GMB Presidential campaign destabilize GMB’s campaign in general.
Secondly, suspects in prison for the murder of Funsho Williams are being primed to confess they were sent by Bola Tinubu. They have been promised heaven on earth even in prison if they can implicate him. The plan is to blackmail him into submission or at the very least distract him with a nauseous court case. It has been alleged GEJ met him in Badagry when he visited Lagos and tried to convince him to back out from supporting GMB. He was told he is number one on the list compiled by the General of those to be probed once he becomes President. Let it be known to all that Jagaban is under intense pressure at the moment to betray GMB. Lets pray this does not happen. (To be fair to him, he has not succumbed yet)
Nigerians must know the country at the moment is prostrate in a cesspit of corruption dug by a few. It is so humongous; Nigerians will shudder when they know the full details. And GEJ has been taken hostage by the monstrous clique of corrupt people responsible for this mess. Ordinarily, GEJ is willing to relinquish power if he losses. But these corrupt people have planted fear in him that GMB will send him to jail once he becomes President and discovers the level of rot in the system. That is why he is fighting tooth and nail to remain president. This much has been alluded to by General Obasanjo.
We must remain vigilant and be at alert. Do not ever disregard any information at this time. This government is capable of anything to sustain the status quo. They have the resources to accomplish much. The fake Shekau option has been discarded because it was leaked last week. The aforementioned plans among others are the new plans. The ‘ekitigate’ style is still very much on the table. You can see how it was tactically nipped in the bud at the House of Rep sitting last week.
There is still about 4wks to go before the elections. If one hour is a long time in politics you can imagine what 4wks will be. The ‘election will never hold’ plan is still alive depending on the success of their plans to weaken GMB’s campaign and decimate his support base in the coming weeks. If the plans succeed, elections may hold. If it does not, the ING contraption may be employed. Eternal vigilance is the price for freedom!. All eyes must be on this government and even on some elements in APC!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Solomon30: 1:46am On Mar 01, 2015
Nobody said Buhari did not go to school.
He is being charged for perjury(the deliberate giving of false or misleading testimony under oath). Evidently, he just procured his controversial statement of result this January 2015 which is also deemed to be fake. Meaning the Nigeria Army was right when it said, "Buhari's result is not with the Nigeria Army, what we have of Buhari was a Recommendation letter from his principal."
For the record, Buhari as a military Head of States did not fight corruption but promoted it, with unparalleled injustice, tribalism and nepotism. When the court declared suspects innocent and freed them, and Buhari still jailed them 100years imprisonment is that what people(APCs) referred to fighting corruption? That is being despotic, abusive and tyrannical.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by JoBabs(m): 2:30am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

Bros, it would be gud u read †he story from †he beginning not from †he middle and believe you me †hat †he international media/ community have genuine information αbou† your country †han you do, during †hat iraq crisis which reporter did u always watch then? Is it †he international reporters or †he local iraQ reporters, see, as terrible as sadam hussein was then, he still has those who loved him dearly.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by pingpong1: 2:31am On Mar 01, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Did you register to vote? Do you have your PVC?

You don't need a PVC to campaign..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of The Current Infrastructural Development In Your State / The Final Year Uniben Student Who Knelt Down In Class(the Real Truth). / June 12 Protests Hit Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.