Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (35997 Views)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. / See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / What Did Your Parents Used To Save Each Others Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Whatever it is, it's a neat trick to prevent oneself from getting quoted. I'm mildly curious cheesy
Wanna learn? wink cheesy

But pls try to see if u can answers my questions lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by danbrowndmf(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Omaresh:

Yes! I avoid it like a plague
Funni u,well am nt suprise,dt hw ajebo children behaves nt like we ajepako
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
@ NighttWalker
Oh OK, was thinking you didn't really like full or semi auto rifles for a moment. Guess you prefer hand guns cuz it has less recoil and can fit in your hand bag lol

Recoil, yes! Despite assuming the correct stance, it bothers me. And, finding storage is actually an issue! Besides, have you ever tried cleaning one of those? No, thanks.

I don't live in either of the states mentioned.
Oh really? Where are u from that has lax gun law? Will be good to know.

You wouldn't want to live here going off your thoughts on Sydney. It's super-duper white, lol.

Cost of living won't be problem in the US and I'm being screwed here in Sydney and know it woont be that bad in the states. I like living on the campus so transport won't be a problem, my only problem will be food, hope I can get 9ja food in Cali and of course chicks, guns and nightlife are secondary

I don't know about 9ja food, but you can find all kinds of cuisine out in Cali. I know they have food from my ethnic background, and a user on here once told me about a Sahelian (Northern) restaurant there, so I'm positive there are other Nigerian foods too. So long as there's a Nigerian community, which I'm sure there is.

I know right? That's why I don't gamble, there's a 95% chance u are gonna loose lol, don't know what moltivates people to keep doing it

Hope? Over-confidence? Stupidity? grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31291169]

Recoil, yes! Despite assuming the correct stance, I really dislike the recoil on rifles. And, finding storage is actually an issue! Besides, have you ever tried cleaning one of those? No, thanks.
Recoil is why most people hate auto or semi auto rifles and since you're one of em' I'd recommended you try SCAR H carbine cheesy cheesy grin. I've never tried cleaning a rifle but won't have problems doing it cuz my mind will be of the fun I'll have with it

You wouldn't want to live here going off your thoughts on Sydney. It's super-duper white, lol.
I don't have problems with a much larger white population rather I have problems of being stared at by people all the time and this is US where u have a lot of black population so if its super white I/blacks still won't be stared at. Will you mind telling me now smiley. And living there will only be if its a great place with an awesome uni

I don't know about 9ja food, but you can find all kinds of cuisine out in Cali. I know they have food from my ethnic background, and a user on here once told me about a Sahelian (Northern) restaurant there, so I'm positive there are other Nigerian foods too. So long as there's a Nigerian community, which I'm sure there is.
Now I wanna know your ethnic background lol, I hope to get my kind of food there. I saw an ad here on nairaland about Nigerian food delivery in all US states, hope they really do

Hope? Over-confidence? Stupidity? grin
That was quite a funny answer but true
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
@NighttWalker

Recoil is why most people hate auto or semi auto rifles and since you're one of em' I'd recommended you try SCAR H carbine . I've never tried cleaning a rifle but won't have problems doing it cuz my mind will be of the fun I'll have with it

I've heard it said. Have you tried it b4 yourself?

I don't have problems with a much larger white population rather I have problems of being stared at by people all the time and this is US where u have a lot of black population so if its super white I/blacks still won't be stared at. Will you mind telling me now . And living there will only be if its a great place with an awesome uni

The minority population is ridiculously minuscule, even in the capital. The city I grew up in was practically devoid. People asked, or [wrongly] assumed where I was from all the time. Stared at? Sometimes.

I kind of mind embarassed

Now I wanna know your ethnic background lol, I hope to get my kind of food there. I saw an ad here on nairaland about Nigerian food delivery in all US states, hope they really do

I'm fairly positive you won't have a problem. Hopefully. My ethnicity is Somali. My folks are originally from Djibouti. What about you?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31293511]

I've heard it said. Have you tried it b4 yourself?
Shooting a SCAR H in Australia? Never gonna happen. But I will when I move to the States.

The minority population is ridiculously minuscule, even in the capital. The city I grew up in was practically devoid. People asked, or [wrongly] assumed where I was from all the time. Stared at? Sometimes.
Wow I've always though the black minority are everywhere, I can't imagine growing up in an all white city lol, well you might be stared at cuz your a girl lol. Did u like the all white environment? Did you fit in very well?

I kind of mind embarassed
Lolol scared of the internet? The internet is not your friends but u shouldn't be scared of it smiley grin

I'm fairly positive you won't have a problem. Hopefully. My ethnicity is Somali. My folks are originally from Djibouti. What about you?
Somali??.??omg I though u where Nigerian and of Yoruba tribe, I've seen the pics of the city of Djibouti after it was liberated by the African Union (AU) forces from terrorist and I must it's a beautiful place. I'm Nigerian from Igbo tribe, nice to know where you're from smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
@ NighttWalker

Shooting a SCAR H in Australia? Never gonna happen. But I will when I move to the States.

Duh, of course! Sorry I asked tongue And to think, some misguided people actually want to ban it all.

Wow I've always though the black minority are everywhere, I can't imagine growing up in an all white city lol, well you might be stared at cuz your a girl lol. Did u like the all white environment? Did you fit in very well?

Black people are concentrated more in certain states/parts of the country over others.

Yeah, but there are different kinds of stares. I know the difference between being stared at because I'm not the norm, and receiving 'positive' stares due of my looks. I was speaking of the former. I don't mind it either way. It's human nature, and I fit in well otherwise.

Lolol scared of the internet? The internet is not your friends but u shouldn't be scared of it

The internet is a scary place embarassed

Somali??.??omg I though u where Nigerian and of Yoruba tribe, I've seen the pics of the city of Djibouti after it was liberated by the African Union (AU) forces from terrorist and I must it's a beautiful place. I'm Nigerian from Igbo tribe, nice to know where you're from
You're speaking of Somalia. The AU worked in conjunction with the Somali Gov., and it's people. It did no 'liberating' on its own.

I've met one Nigerian ever, and he was an Igbo. He gave me a King James Bible smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31295293]

Duh, of course! Sorry I asked tongue And to think that some misguided people want to ban it all.
Don't even get me started with those püssy liberals, those guys are the worse things to happen in US politics. And pls do me a favor and shot the SCAR H if possible make a video and put it on YouTube...Will be good for some laughs grin

Black people are concentrated more in certain states/parts of the country over others.
Yea places like Chicago, mehn that state is so fücked up I won't even visit it.

Yeah, but there are different kinds of stares. I know the difference between being stared at because I'm not the norm, and receiving 'positive' stares because of my looks. I was speaking of the former. I don't mind either way. It's human nature. I fit in well otherwise.
Yea lol, people won't stare at someone much if they're not good looking but sometimes it makes you go crazy like wtf lol

@bolded I guessed so when you said you get stared at, just wanted you to say it cheesy

The internet is a scary place embarassed
I know but you have to own it, beside I'm wayyy up on the other side of the world...at least for now. So feel free to tell me and the internet where you're from when you're bold enough cheesy

Lol, what in the world are you talking about?
Was just talking about how beautiful your ethenical home looks lol

I've met one Nigerian ever, and he was an Igbo. He gave me a King James Bible smiley
Only one? Wow that's a lot cheesy hope he was nice and a good man. What about the King James Bible? You don't know where you kept it do u? cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:

Don't even get me started with those püssy liberals, those guys are the worse things to happen in US politics. And pls do me a favor and shot the SCAR H if possible make a video and put it on YouTube...Will be good for some laughs

Conservative, eh? The nationwide gun debate was wayyy intriguing while it lasted. Piers Morgan was my favorite fool to watch cheesy

Lol@ your suggestion.

Yea places like Chicago, mehn that state is so fücked up I won't even visit it.

Lol, it's worth the visit. My friend got whisked away to Chicago. I was mainly among the Indian/Pakistani cluster while I was there, but I enjoyed my stay, and her wedding. I wish I would've seen more!

Yea lol, people won't stare at someone much if they're not good looking but sometimes it makes you go crazy like wtf lol

Just own it. Ask them if they'd like to take a picture (warning: potential to backfire).

I know but you have to own it, beside I'm wayyy up on the other side of the world...at least for now. So feel free to tell me and the internet where you're from when you're bold enough

I'm bold, but not that bold.

I'm actually suffering from residual shock at some dude (from another thread) who actually posted a picture of his GF, along with her full name, lol.

Only one? Wow that's a lot hope he was nice and a good man. What about the King James Bible? You don't know where you kept it do u?

One. I have no idea, most likely in storage. But I'll tell ya what? I believe he really was a good man. He had two names: one I could pronounce, and one I couldn't. Is that a thing/popular? Do you?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 4:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31296798]

Conservative, eh? The nationwide gun debate was wayyy intriguing while it lasted. Piers Morgan was my favorite fool to watch cheesy
Ohhh this dude, Piers Morgan, this English ex CNN news presenter cünt who won't mind his business and yap all the time about US gun law...I've even forgotten about him lol

Lol@ your suggestion.
You never know, you could make someone's day cheesy but seriously u gotta try that riffle lol

Lol, it's worth the visit. My friend got whisked away to Chicago. I was mainly among the Indian/Pakistani cluster while I was there, but I enjoyed my stay, and her wedding. I wish I would've seen more!
You had fun cuz you where with a lot of people, if you went alone on a visit I'm sure you won't wanna see more, BTW did u hear any gun shoots while you where there?

Just own it. Ask them if they'd like to take a picture (warning: potential to backfire).
Hahaha that's supers rude and will definitely backfire, I might get my feelings hurt, I'm very fragile cheesy

I'm bold, but not that bold.
You'll get over it soon, truth me they always do lol

I'm actually suffering from residual shock at some dude (from another thread) who actually posted a picture of his GF, and her full name, lol.
Who the hell will do that in a forum filled with weirdos and predators, maybe the guy doesn't know the internet yet or just did it to hurt his gf, which is not right.

Yup, one. I have no idea. Most likely in storage. But I'll tell ya what, I believe he really was a good man. He had two names: one I could pronounce, and one I couldn't. Do you also?
That's nice, feels great when someone from your tribe is nice to people, makes me feel good that they're representing us well, I would love to hear u pronounce his tribal name lol. I have more than 2 names, being called one at home, I use 3 names on my uni, but I'm known by my English name, and its like a thing back home to have a local and an English name plus your surname so makes it look a bit too big lol, what about you? Got any Somalian name? Or you're all American? Lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:
Ohhh this dude, Piers Morgan, this English ex CNN news presenter cünt who won't mind his business and yap all the time about US gun law...I've even forgotten about him

I'll never forget him - he was good fun cheesy You have an interesting vocabulary, lol.

You had fun cuz you where with a lot of people, if you went alone on a visit I'm sure you won't wanna see more, BTW did u hear any gun shoots while you where there?

Wowzers, I'm sorry I was amused. No, I didn't.

Hahaha that's supers rude and will definitely backfire, I might get my feelings hurt, I'm very fragile

Or they take the picture? You just never know tongue

Who the hell will do that in a forum filled with weirdos and predators, maybe the guy doesn't know the internet yet or just did it to hurt his gf, which is not right.

He was praising her. I was taken aback at how he put her full name up there, is all.

That's nice, feels great when someone from your tribe is nice to people, makes me feel good that they're representing us well, I would love to hear u pronounce his tribal name lol. I have more than 2 names, being called one at home, I use 3 names on my uni, but I'm known by my English name, and its like a thing back home to have a local and an English name plus your surname so makes it look a bit too big lol, what about you? Got any Somalian name? Or you're all American? Lol

He went by his English name, and then one day he told he had another. That was the one I couldn't pronounce, lol. I'm American, yes. But I have one name, and it's Somali. I quite like it.

Have yourself a good day.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31298628]

I'll never forget him - he was good fun cheesy You have an interesting vocabulary, lol.
Used to like him cuz he looked like the David Camron and can be funny sometimes.

@bolded Is that good? Some thing being interesting doesn't necessarily mean good lol

Wowzers, I'm sorry I was amused. No, I didn't.
Wowzers? Lol never heard that before. And its OK you where amused, in fact it was great I put a smile on the internets face cheesy

Or, they take the picture. You just never know
Don't think they will lol, ever said that to someone? If yes what was their reaction?

He was praising her. I was taken aback at how he put her full name up there.
Who knew what made him do that, have any idea the nationality or race of the bf and/or his Gf?

He went by his English name, and then one day he told he had another. That was the one I couldn't pronounce. I'm American, yes. But I have one name, and it's Somali. I quite like it.
I normally go with my English name since its easy to remember and pronounce. You mean you only have one name? Like no surname? Just one? Lol

Have yourself a good day.
Going somewhere? smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:
@bolded Is that good? Some thing being interesting doesn't necessarily mean good lol

That's open to your interpretation tongue

Wowzers? Lol never heard that before. And its OK you where amused, in fact it was great I put a smile on the internets face

Thank you.
It's a small-town variation of "Wow". It's also one of Inspector Gadget's catchphrases - The Real G.

Don't think they will lol, ever said that to someone? If yes what was their reaction?

I'm afraid I have. No further comment. embarassed

Who knew what made him do that, have any idea the nationality or race of the bf and/or his Gf?

Hmm, is that relevant?

I normally go with my English name since its easy to remember and pronounce. You mean you only have one name? Like no surname? Just one? Lol

Lol, only one given name. The rest are father's ---> forefathers ---> ?

Going somewhere?

Yes. I'll bet you are too. Duty beckons.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31300369]

That's open to your interpretation tongue
I see it as good then cheesy

A small-town variation of Wow. It's also one of Inspector Gadget's catchphrases - A Real G.
Old ãss cartoon, Inspector Gadget a real G? grin grin grin

I'm afraid I have. No further comment.
....What an awkward day it was

You think that's relevant?
Nah, was just asking some random questions.

Lol, only one given name. The rest are father's ---> forefathers ---> ?
Yep but still had more than a name

Yes. I'll bet you are too smiley
Actually no, its 3:49am here, I have a sleeping disoder cry and will see a doctors later today. But I should start forcing myself to sleep my now....Was a good and fun Q&A, will let you know if I need more insights on some stuffs I can't get on the internet....THANKS A LOT smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Old ãss cartoon, Inspector Gadget a real G?

Hell-Yeah! Always saving the day and shyt, without actually saving the day. A true G, for real smiley

....What an awkward day it was

O my goodness, understatement! But then, you don't know the half all of it.

Nah, was just asking some random questions.

He was Black. She was Mexican, or Latin of some kind.

Yep but still had more than a name

But only one of them is mine LOL. You have two given names in two different languages, very intriguing and unique.

Actually no, its 3:49am here, I have a sleeping disoder and will see a doctors later today. But I should start forcing myself to sleep my now....Was a good and fun Q&A, will let you know if I need more insights on some stuffs I can't get on the internet....THANKS A LOT

Wowzers, so do I. I wish you the best of luck with that, and all else. And thank you.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Judie7654(f): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2015
Hey...please direct me on how to move a topic to front page...thanks
emusmith:
Sometimes, in trying to elaborate how "true" something is, they exaggerate- which is a lie; other times, they tell white lies. smiley

They're still our loving parents cheesy. We love them. They are the Best kiss

But some of them can lie sha... grin

For example:

1.When I was in school, I always come first position in my class.

Papa, like seriously?

2. When I was like you, I trained myself all through school

Sometimes True... Do you mean no one at all helped you in some way?

3. Your mum was my first girlfriend.

When trying to warn against having girlfriends at an early. He doesn't say it in mum's presence o cheesy

4. You are dull o, "mumu" OR You can't amount to much in life sad

smiley- See me today smiley You didn't see it sha cheesy

5. I will buy bicycle for you as Xmas gift.

In my mind, I'll be like, " Iffa hear"

6. Tell the person knocking, "I'm not at home."

I go look am, "nor be you I dey see so?"

7. In my days, everyone in our village fears me...

Hmm Papa, you be Huck Hogan? grin

Did your parents ever tell you a lie?

Share...smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 05, 2015
Judie7654:
Hey...please direct me on how to move a topic to front page...thanks [qgive the other guy a chance.uote author=emusmith post=31180139]Sometimes, in trying to elaborate how "true" something is, they exaggerate- which is a lie; other times, they tell white lies. smiley

They're still our loving parents cheesy. We love them. They are the Best kiss

But some of them can lie sha... grin

For example:

1.When I was in school, I always come first position in my class.

Papa, like seriously?

2. When I was like you, I trained myself all through school

Sometimes True... Do you mean no one at all helped you in some way?

3. Your mum was my first girlfriend.

When trying to warn against having girlfriends at an early. He doesn't say it in mum's presence o cheesy

4. You are dull o, "mumu" OR You can't amount to much in life sad

smiley- See me today smiley You didn't see it sha cheesy

5. I will buy bicycle for you as Xmas gift.

In my mind, I'll be like, " Iffa hear"

6. Tell the person knocking, "I'm not at home."

I go look am, "nor be you I dey see so?"

7. In my days, everyone in our village fears me...

Hmm Papa, you be Huck Hogan? grin

Did your parents ever tell you a lie?

Share...smiley

Which other guy?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31301041]

Hell-Yeah! Always saving the day and shyt, without actually saving the day. A true G, for real smiley
Inspector Gadget is half robot half human weirdo lol, he saves the day and has all gadgets (figures) so yea he's cool but not even close to be a G talk less or a real G grin

O my goodness, understatement! But then, you don't know the half all of it.
Now I'm inching to really know what happen, will you tell the story if I say pretty please? cheesy

He was Black. She was Mexican, or Latin of some kind.
I was guessing so, he's showing off his 'white/Caucasian' gf, don't know why most black guys seem em as a trophy undecided

But only one of them is mine LOL. You have two given names in two different languages, very intriguing and unique.
Actually 3 names in 3 diff languages. You can do same, u can get a Spanish/German/Chinese name lol

Wowzers, so do I. I wish you the best of luck with that, and all else. And thank you.
Lol hope you find your good sleeping ways as mine will soon be back after seeing a doctor today...

Another Question. A friend told me to avoid San Fransisco cuz it's like the gay capital of the world and I just got to know its in the same state as Cali, do u think those guys will be like coming to Cali in truck loads? I'm not a fan of gay men.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
NighttWalker

Inspector Gadget is half robot half human weirdo lol, he saves the day and has all gadgets (figures) so yea he's cool but not even close to be a G talk less or a real G

We're so not having this conversation. Inspector G, is a real G! grin

I was guessing so, he's showing off his 'white/Caucasian' gf, don't know why most black guys seem em as a trophy

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 'showing off' your GF/BF, but then what's with the full name exposure, is all. Anyway!

Actually 3 names in 3 diff languages. You can do same, u can get a Spanish/German/Chinese name lol

That is quite the concept, lol. Isn't it a bit confusing to a child?

Lol hope you find your good sleeping ways as mine will soon be back after seeing a doctor today...[/quote

Maybe, one day. Hope it works for ya.

[quote]Another Question. A friend told me to avoid San Fransisco cuz it's like the gay capital of the world and I just got to know its in the same state as Cali, do u think those guys will be like coming to Cali in truck loads? I'm not a fan of gay men.

It's open. Gay-friendly. You will see visibly gay people around you. You may even get hit on (happened to my brother, his reaction was hilarious), but the city has a lot to offer besides (the A16, galleries, etc). Then again, this is coming from someone doesn't have a problem with gays/lesbians. Despite being the so-called 'gay capital', gays are still a huge minority there. In fact, there are gayer cities, tho SF is perhaps one of the more flamboyant. But yeah, there is something of a culture there. It's mostly concentrated in certain areas.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 10:25am On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31331363]NighttWalker

We're so not having this conversation. Inspector G, is a real G! grin
Only the faint hearted who hasn't seen much action calls Inspector G a real G....You know I'm right cheesy

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 'showing off' your GF/BF, but then what's with the [b]full name exposure[b], is all. Anyway!
Showing off bae in the real world is OK but not on the internet, @bolded is totally unnecessary. I don't think people now what the internet is capable of.

That is quite the concept, lol. Isn't it a bit confusing to a child?
To a child yes but when he's/she's all grown up then it won't only be cool but reps the tribes he/she has a name from

It's open. Gay-friendly. You will see visibly gay people around you. You may even get hit on (happened to my brother, his reaction was hilarious), but the city has a lot to offer besides (the A16, galleries, etc). Then again, this is coming from someone doesn't have a problem with gays/lesbians. Despite being the so-called 'gay capital', gays are still a huge minority there. In fact, there are gayer cities, tho SF is perhaps one of the more flamboyant. But yeah, there is something of a culture there. It's mostly concentrated in certain areas.
I have no idea what 'the G16, galleries' are but will look it up later. I don't have problems with lesbians but don't like their male counterparts and Oh lord I don't even wanna think about what my reaction will be if I get hit on by some thirsty gay ãss fool grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 18, 2015
NighttWalker

To a child yes but when he's/she's all grown up then it won't only be cool but reps the tribes he/she has a name from

That's cool.

I have no idea what 'the G16, galleries' are but will look it up later. I don't have problems with lesbians but don't like their male counterparts and Oh lord I don't even wanna think about what my reaction will be if I get hit on by some thirsty gay ãss fool

They're no different. Take it as a compliment. That's what I do. Anyway, hope your SB was worthwhile.

P.S Forget it, already. IG is a certified G!
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
EnlightenedSoul

They're no different. Take it as a compliment. That's what I do. Anyway, hope your SB was worthwhile.
Thanks a lot for the the help, I really appreciate it. Moving to the US wont be as soon as I thought but isn't that far either, thanks again for giving me and insight on the two cities. In case of more questions in the near future, I know where to find you, was really fun with the 'kinda' Q&A

P.S Forget it, already. IG is a certified G!
For the sake of your help I'll let u think he is grin

PS: don't forget to shot the SCAR H lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nighttwalker

NP. All the best to you! Happy studies & travels/experiences when you get there.

PS: I plan on it
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by nlPoster: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
"I'll come and see you in school during the first month or so" (dad after matric).

On the weekend, I stayed at sports complex for hours, wanting to see him immediately he got to campus. Also, waiting for the money.

I eventually went home myself later. Dad, you said you'd come visit.

*dad laughs* Oh, I forgot haha.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by nlPoster: 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
my parents never lied to me..

Some parents lie because they can't tell their kid/s the reality.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by nlPoster: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2019

This made my day!
Mine are still lying even till now undecided
Especially papa, always telling us how he scored the winning goal in a football match, or how he fought seven boys alone, Ah papa, I ain't ten no more grin cheesy

To think I believed those shit then

lolz, Nigerian parents actually don't have it so easy, they just put up a facade .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.