Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (36007 Views)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. / See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / What Did Your Parents Used To Save Each Others Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by BurningIce(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
englishmart:
my parents never lied to me..
Mayb u avnt figured any out jez yet
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
NighttWalker:
Yea they are, you gotta have a gun licence to goto a shooting range here and I don't have one and don't plan having any for now. Beside the lax gun law have an idea of a place with city/night life in the states? Sometimes Google take u on a goose chase when u search on it

You can open-carry out here easily w/ property restrictions tho, etc. You have to have a permit to conceal-carry, but it's not so difficult to get. The application fee is, like, nothing, and they just run some background checks (criminal and otherwise). The shooting ranges are pretty intense, even the training simulation ranges are a rush.

Boston, Mass.? Providence, RI? Portland, OR? Houston, Texas? Vegas, NV? New York? Good 'ole Cali? Depends on what you're looking for. What's up/wrong with Sydney?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Etruth: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
nedz:
I normally read 12 hours a day when I was your age

I always come before the teachers during my school days

I was the first man to shake the then Governor of my state when he visited our village

I single handedly rescued 10 people from a burning 2-storey building when I was young and agile

I ate twice per week when I was suffering to become who I am today wink

I did about 15 bags of cement per day when I served meson

I built the community church in my village without a single kobo from anybody cheesy
Lolzzz

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by dahreyM: 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ayolaw2003:
I will tell my son I make front page everyday on nairaland!

is dat an achievement? undecided

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by BraniacX(m): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
when loosing our milk teeth, don't smile while a plane is flying overhead or it will fly straight into your mouth, meanwhile, they tickle us and do their best to make us laugh at that moment.
My parents never really told outlandish lies sha as i have verified most of their claims but some funny ones like fowl yansh is not for small pikin, fowl gizzard is only for males but in my fathers absence, guess what? my mother becomes male as per gizzard matter grin while am like, mummy but you say...........and she'll be like, c'mon.......you didn't hear me well, i said for elders na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by kayesanmi(m): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
The most common lie IMO is when they buy stuff for you like toys, bags etc, they'll tell you, "I've not finished paying for it o" so u'll use it with caution!

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by danbrowndmf(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Omaresh:

I'm still scared of that coconut water till now.. too scared to even taste a drop
FEAR FEAR

I was tinkn of getn u a coconut on ur birthday oh.cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Pamcrest(f): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's ok oh.....u guys laughing now at your parents, your own lies would be worse. But children of nowadays are smarter than us sha! They won't wait till adulthood to crack open your lies.....via google! grin
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 7:26am On Mar 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You can open-carry out here easily w/ property restrictions tho, etc. You have to have a permit to conceal-carry, but it's not so difficult to get. The application fee is, like, nothing, and they just run some background checks (criminal and otherwise). The shooting ranges are pretty intense, even the training simulation ranges are a rush.

Boston, Mass.? Providence, RI? Portland, OR? Houston, Texas? Vegas, NV? New York? Good 'ole Cali? Depends on what you're looking for. What's up/wrong with Sydney?
Thanks a lot, I don't want to move around with guns, just wanna have some more military simulations and have some fun at the shooting ranges.

I'm thinking of Vegas, Cali, New York and Miami, seems like my kind of place. Nothing wrong with Sydney....much just that I can't have a military simulation here, can't watch football (soccer) here due to time difference, in my uni (UNSW) I see one or 2 Blacks once in a week and sometimes in a month also the course I'm studying (aerospace engineering) in most US universities rank higher than my current uni, not to take about career after study etc etc
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by mekybabe1: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2015
If you sneeze, it means someone is calling your name someWhere and if you hear your name somehow and you come to ask mum if she called you, she will say no and call your name again to cancel the first one you heard so that according to her, the evil spirit that called you at first will be made powerless. I seriously believed it then o!
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2015
NighttWalker:
Thanks a lot, I don't want to move around with guns, just wanna have some more military simulations and have some fun at the shooting ranges.

I'm thinking of Vegas, Cali, New York and Miami, seems like my kind of place. Nothing wrong with Sydney....much just that I can't have a military simulation here, can't watch football (soccer) here due to time difference, in my uni (UNSW) I see one or 2 Blacks once in a week and sometimes in a month also the course I'm studying (aerospace engineering) in most US universities rank higher than my current uni, not to take about career after study etc etc

I've been to two of the four you listed: Vegas and Cali. I have people there, so I visit plenty. I don't know about any ranges in Vegas, but I know of the ADI in SoCal. It's a range that offers advanced simulator services of the type that was formerly restricted to LE, and military personnel. California has some pretty gr8 schools too, and the nightlife is...well... it's Cali. It seems like your best bet out of the four.

I personally think of Miami as a cesspool, and the state of Florida in general is just brimming with weirdos/weirdness. Don't go, lol. NY I have no idea about, but I know they're uptight on guns, and gun culture. I doubt they'd have any great ranges. I could be wrong tho. GL.

Very cool @ Aerospace Engineering, btw. Happy studies.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I've been to two of the four you listed: Vegas and Cali. I have people there, so I visit plenty. I don't know about any ranges in Vegas, but I know of the ADI in SoCal. It's a range that offers advanced simulator services of the type that was formerly restricted to LE, and military personnel. California has some pretty gr8 schools too, and the nightlife is...well... it's Cali. It seems like your best bet out of the four.

I personally think of Miami as a cesspool, and the state of Florida in general is just brimming with weirdos/weirdness. Don't go, lol. NY I have no idea about, but I know they're uptight on guns, and gun culture. I doubt they'd have any great ranges. I could be wrong tho. GL.

Very cool @ Aerospace Engineering, btw. Happy studies.
Thanks a lot for the insight on my preferred cities in the States, looks like I'll probably end up moving to/studying in cali.

Now for the ridiculous questions lol, between Cali and Vegas which got more attractive ladies cheesy?
You know a lot about shooting ranges, have you been in one? like not just a visit but actually shooting on it?
Why did you say Florida is a state brimming with weirdos cheesy?
Since you seem to like some stuffs I'm into in those states which do u prefer or had more fun in ?

As cool as my course may sound it's very stressful lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
NighttWalker:
Thanks a lot for the insight on my preferred cities in the States, looks like I'll probably end up moving to/studying in cali.
Now for the ridiculous questions lol, between Cali and Vegas which got more attractive ladies cheesy?

Lol, both pretty good. I'd go with Cali tho.

You know a lot about shooting ranges, have you been in one? like not just a visit but actually shooting on it?

Oh, yeah. I grew up in a 'lax' state, or whatever. Guns are fairly common here, and shooting ranges are a source of cheap fun, and the best way to precision train.

Why did you say Florida is a state brimming with weirdos cheesy?

'Cuz they are grin For several reasons...

- General News Articles, and plenty of those. Always weird headlines, as if it's some sort of rule. I don't know how to explain it.

- Crazy stories from trusted sources: People who vacation there almost always come back with some weird shyt to say. I also have a friend who's worked for an airline for the last eight years, and he's sent some bizarre stuff my way too.

- I distinctly remember a Medical Law & Ethics class I took. I tell ya, Florida just kept popping up throughout the entire semester with the weirdest, most amusing/puzzling lawsuits ever. Funnier still, there was this girl - from Florida - whom the whole class would turn to every time that happened. The instructor himself would sometimes jokingly "Seriously, Florida?" her, lol. At some point, we 'forgot' her name and literally started calling her Florida.

I guess it's my lasting perception of the state based on what I've processed. Tbh, you might still enjoy it. Idk.

Since you seem to like some stuffs I'm into in those states which do u prefer or had more fun in ?

Anytime I go to Cali, I try to make it a point to drive instead of flying, so that we could stop in Vegas for awhile, or make it's own trip. I always have more fun in Vegas! That said, I have some day-ones there, and it's a fun city besides. California is also great to visit, but it's more of a family visit for me, ya know.

As cool as my course may sound it's very stressful lol

I'll bet. Keep your head up!
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by HizMissy(f): 12:55am On Mar 03, 2015
dahreyM:

is dat an achievement? undecided
kinda
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by dahreyM: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2015
HizMissy:

kinda

it's lyk u r his future wife, dis one u r answering on his behalf.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, both pretty good. I'd go with Cali tho.

Oh, yeah. I grew up in a 'lax' state, or whatever. Guns are fairly common here, and shooting ranges are a source of cheap fun, and the best way to precision train.

'Cuz they are grin For several reasons...

- General News Articles, and plenty of those. Always weird headlines, as if it's some sort of rule. I don't know how to explain it.

- Crazy stories from trusted sources: People who vacation there almost always come back with some weird shyt to say. I also have a friend who's worked for an airline for the last eight years, and he's sent some bizarre stuff my way too.

- I distinctly remember a Medical Law & Ethics class I took. I tell ya, Florida just kept popping up throughout the entire semester with the weirdest, most amusing/puzzling lawsuits ever. Funnier still, there was this girl - from Florida - whom the whole class would turn to every time that happened. The instructor himself would sometimes jokingly "Seriously, Florida?" her, lol. At some point, we 'forgot' her name and literally started calling her Florida.

I guess it's my lasting perception of the state based on what I've processed. Tbh, you might still enjoy it. Idk.

Anytime I go to Cali, I try to make it a point to drive instead of flying, so that we could stop in Vegas for awhile, or make it's own trip. I always have more fun in Vegas! That said, I have some day-ones there, and it's a fun city besides. California is also great to visit, but it's more of a family visit for me, ya know.

I'll bet. Keep your head up!
Don't know how you took my questions apart and answered it bit by bits lol.

Its rare to see a girl who shots guns, at least here it is, and another question about the shooting range, do they use fully auto riffles or old bolt action riffles? if yes have u shot an automatic riffle?

I now get what you u mean by Floria brimming with weirdos lol, I might visit it just for visiting Miami sake but I'lol be prepared for whatever the city throws at me lol

I read on wiki that Vegas known primarily for gambling, shopping, fine diningcheesy and nightlife, so I guest that's why you love the city.

And yea heads are down looking clearly at my footsteps, don't mess with my studies even tho I procrastinate a lot cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2015
NighttWalker:
Don't know how you took my questions apart and answered it bit by bits

Oh, It's easy: you highlight the portion of the text you'd directly like to quote, then tap the yellow speech bubble right next to this " smiley". Form your response right below it.

Its rare to see a girl who shots guns, at least here it is, and another question about the shooting range, do they use fully auto riffles or old bolt action riffles? if yes have u shot an automatic riffle?

Not so much here. I admit it's probably due to my surroundings to a degree, but I enjoy the practice if only for the sake of improvement, and the challenge that comes with masterful precision. I've shot semi-autos rifles, mainly ar-15s, but I don't like rifles in general. I'd actually prefer the 1911, or even standard S&W over a rifle. Funny that.

I now get what you u mean by Floria brimming with weirdos lol, I might visit it just for visiting Miami sake but I'lol be prepared for whatever the city throws at me lol

I read on wiki that Vegas known primarily for gambling, shopping, fine diningcheesy and nightlife, so I guest that's why you love the city.

And yea heads are down looking clearly at my footsteps, don't mess with my studies even tho I procrastinate a lot cheesy

Lol, don't get me wrong. It's fine to visit. In fact, I'd suggest seeing these places for yourself before coming to a decision, if possible.

Yh, it's known as a popular elopement & gambling destination, but there's so much more to the state in general. I like it best during the summer/early fall for the water-rafting, and canyon zip-lining, etc. And it does have some fine dinning, and gr8 shopping for sure.

TC.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Omaresh(f): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
FEAR FEAR

I was tinkn of getn u a coconut on ur birthday oh.cheesy

Please don't...
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by danbrowndmf(m): 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
Omaresh:

Please don't...
u still scared of it till now?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31256758]

Oh, It's easy: you highlight the portion of the text you'd directly like to quote, then tap the yellow speech bubble right next to this " smiley". Form your response right below it.
Got it, that was more complicated than I thought, didn't really work the way you told me to but it gave me an idea on how to get it done lol

Not so much here. I admit it's probably due to my surroundings to a degree, but I enjoy the practice if only for the sake of improvement, and the challenge that comes with masterful precision. I've shot semi-autos rifles, mainly ar-15s, but I don't like rifles in general. I'd actually prefer the 1911, or even standard S&W over a rifle. Funny that.

When u said u shot a semi auto riffle I thought oh ar-15 and I was right, thats a very popular gun in the US and you're into WWII guns lol, what's the fun in shooting if it isn't full or semi auto. I'd like to ask if you're from Cali or Texas cuz u said u where raised up in a lax gun state

Lol, don't get me wrong. It's fine to visit. In fact, I'd suggest seeing these places for yourself before coming to a decision, if possible.

I can't come to US visiting cities just to find the best place for me even though I'll visit some states in the US later on but not before I move in, I'll just stick with Cali, got some really good unis down there.

Yh, it's known as a popular elopement & gambling destination, but there's so much more to the state in general. I like it best during the summer/early fall for the water-rafting, and canyon zip-lining, etc. And it does have some fine dinning, and gr8 shopping for sure.
Vegas is definitely my second choice, I'm not into gambling but it seems pretty cool. Ever gambled in Vegas? If yes did u win a lot of money? cheesy

TC.
You too
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

TC.
^^^^^^^didnt really mean to quote you again but I made a mistake and 'replied' twice so I had to write something cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Krasid(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Jesuspikin77:
Touching a girl = pregnancy undecided
I still can't understand how i believed this.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Krasid(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
No 6 really confused me when i was young.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by hisawesomeness(m): 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

REMEMBER WHEN MY DAD TOLD ME IF I TOUCH A GIRL SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT. EVER SINCE I KNEW I'M NOT GOING TO DATE A NIGERIAN GIRL DUE TO THEIR RANDY NATURE WHICH MAKES THEM GET PREGNANT LIKE PIGS undecided

THANK GOD I LISTENED TO DAD COS NOW I SEE NIGERIAN GIRLS AS SHIIT

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool
madness 101
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ArcToyin(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
But they will warn you never to lie
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:
[/quote] When u said u shot a semi auto riffle I thought oh ar-15 and I was right, thats a very popular gun in the US and you're into WWII guns lol, what's the fun in shooting if it isn't full or semi auto. I'd like to ask if you're from Cali or Texas cuz u said u where raised up in a lax gun state

I didn't say they weren't fun to shoot. I just happen to have a strong preference for full/semi-auto handguns over the rifles and long guns I've tried. My 'ex' had a thing for assault rifles, but every time I rent at the range to try something new, I reach for a handgun.

I don't live in either of the states mentioned.

I can't come to US visiting cities just to find the best place for me even though I'll visit some states in the US later on but not before I move in, I'll just stick with Cali, got some really good unis down there.

As long as you're conducting some additional research...try searching your preferred cities one by one, and draw up some detailed charts and lists. For instance, as a student, cost of living, and transportation may be of importance to you (chicks, guns, and nightlife aside smiley).

Here's a decent comparison tool for ya.

Vegas is definitely my second choice, I'm not into gambling but it seems pretty cool. Ever gambled in Vegas? If yes did u win a lot of money?

Nah, and I wouldn't suggest you start. I can play a strategic game of hearts and pool, no-stakes. But I really have a hard time understanding how people part with their money knowing full well they may lose all, and possibly owe. The thought in itself is just scary. Yikes.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:
^^^^^^^didnt really mean to quote you again but I made a mistake and 'replied' twice so I had to write something cheesy

It happens tongue
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=EnlightenedSoul post=31282595]

I didn't say they weren't fun to shoot. I just happen to have a strong preference for full/semi-auto handguns over the rifles and long guns I've tried. My 'ex' had a thing for assault rifles, but every time I rent at the range to try something new, I reach for a handgun.
Oh OK, was thinking you didn't really like full or semi auto rifles for a moment. Guess you prefer hand guns cuz it has less recoil and can fit in your hand bag lol

I don't live in either of the states mentioned.
Oh really? Where are u from that has lax gun law? Will be good to know.

As long as you're conducting some additional research...try searching your preferred cities one by one, and draw up some detailed charts and lists. For instance, as a student, cost of living, and transportation may be of importance to you (chicks, guns, and nightlife aside smiley).
Cost of living won't be problem in the US and I'm being screwed here in Sydney and know it woont be that bad in the states. I like living on the campus so transport won't be a problem, my only problem will be food, hope I can get 9ja food in Cali and of course chicks, guns and nightlife are secondary

Here's a decent comparison tool for ya.
Thanks for the link, checked it out and it looks pretty helpful

Nah, and I wouldn't suggest you start. I can play a strategic game of hearts and pool, no-stakes. But I really have a hard time understanding how people part with their money knowing full well they may lose all, and possibly owe. The thought in itself is just scary. Yikes.
I know right? That's why I don't gamble, there's a 95% chance u are gonna loose lol, don't know what moltivates people to keep doing it
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
@NighttWalker

When I quote your posts, the content is nonexistent, lol. I know it's there, 'cuz I just read it. What are you doing?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
@NighttWalker

When I quote your posts, the content is completely blank, lol. I know it's there, cuz I just read it. What are you doing?
Quess its cuz I try to immitate u and ask you more questions bit by bit and probably did something wrong in the process
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
NighttWalker:
Quess its cuz I try to immitate u and ask you more questions bit by bit and probably did something wrong in the process

Whatever it is, it's a neat trick to prevent oneself from getting quoted. I'm mildly curious cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Omaresh(f): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
danbrowndmf:
u still scared of it till now?
Yes! I avoid it like a plague

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / I Caught My Husband Red - Handed With My Friend - Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.