Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (36279 Views)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. / See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / What Did Your Parents Used To Save Each Others Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Godmother(f): 2:39am On Mar 01, 2015
chrisviral:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin
You just made me laugh like a fool, Nawao for ya mama grin

Lolz, glad I could smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 3:20am On Mar 01, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lol.. the one my mum use to say very well is.. when I was ur age(cool I use to wake up around 3a.m and do all the house chores before going to skul and market!

mah hear! my mama wey like sleep pass okpa embarassed
.....are u in any way related to ndi nsukka?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 01, 2015
My dad told me these ones :
1: That he was the best striker in their school football match yet he always frown when he sees me playing football.

2: That he was good in athletics in his secondary school days that he won many prizes.

3: That he was given a scholarship to study abroad but couldn't travel because the dad didn't have the money.

4: That he was so obedient he didn't drive other people's car when growing up yet my late grandfather told me in his face that he always steal his bicycle . This he told me the day I started his car without permission.

5:That he was so religious in his youth days and was an alter server till he finished university.

And many more....
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by NighttWalker(m): 4:56am On Mar 01, 2015
richidinho:

OK... it seems Goodnews/Goodluck dey purge u

#neveragain
Bro I'm not into Nigerian politics but I prefer GEJ to Buhari anytime any day, was just trying to tell u guys what's real and not and those weapons mentioned wasn't the one we acquired, OK Google it and see if Nigeria have ever bought a bomber.

Again not into Nigerian politics but prefer GEJ to GMB
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by dammywapes(m): 5:45am On Mar 01, 2015
englishmart:
my parents never lied to me..
what are you saying?
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Spray(m): 6:03am On Mar 01, 2015
Ur mother was a virgin before i got married 2 her
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 01, 2015
OkwuruOKARISIA:
.....are u in any way related to ndi nsukka?
nope. im an arochukwu babe smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chrisviral(m): 6:46am On Mar 01, 2015
Mzee0:

if your papa tell you this kind lies.. then you must be real ol sckool.. were you born in the 40's?

40's kee shocked No
But my parents were. I be the previous generation before the indomie's came and spoilt the fun! cheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by kuuljay(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2015
My dad told me the day I eat a chicken gizzard I will have stones in my testicles.biig lie, that's his favourite part of a chicken

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by richidinho(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2015
NighttWalker:
Bro I'm not into Nigerian politics but I prefer GEJ to Buhari anytime any day, was just trying to tell u guys what's real and not and those weapons mentioned wasn't the one we acquired, OK Google it and see if Nigeria have ever bought a bomber.

Again not into Nigerian politics but prefer GEJ to GMB

God bless u

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by 2kris(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Horrlah:
If a boy touches u wen on ur period u wld get pregnant undecided
no wounder u been dey form for me that periodcheesy
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ibrokola(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

REMEMBER WHEN MY DAD TOLD ME IF I TOUCH A GIRL SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT. EVER SINCE I KNEW I'M NOT GOING TO DATE A NIGERIAN GIRL DUE TO THEIR RANDY NATURE WHICH MAKES THEM GET PREGNANT LIKE PIGS undecided

THANK GOD I LISTENED TO DAD COS NOW I SEE NIGERIAN GIRLS AS SHIIT

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool

Yet you are still "Searchingforlove"
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Danvianey(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2015
They sometimes used to tell us some realities of life though, mine never lied to me.....
THUMBS-UP FOR YOU, OUR DEAR PARENTS B-)
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Marsh104(m): 8:29am On Mar 01, 2015
james669:
MY Mother told me even staying close to someone smoking marijuana will make you mad grin

Okada rider rapes pregnant NYSC member
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/crime/item/3588-okada-rider-rapes-pregnant-nysc-member
Lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 01, 2015
My parents never told me any of these, never lied, always factual. Best patents anyone can hope to have.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Xynthialuvy(f): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

REMEMBER WHEN MY DAD TOLD ME IF I TOUCH A GIRL SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT. EVER SINCE I KNEW I'M NOT GOING TO DATE A NIGERIAN GIRL DUE TO THEIR RANDY NATURE WHICH MAKES THEM GET PREGNANT LIKE PIGS undecided

THANK GOD I LISTENED TO DAD COS NOW I SEE NIGERIAN GIRLS AS SHIIT

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool
Dtx why u re still searching. Hehehe
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by agrovick(m): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2015
dechandel:
undecided undecided
My dad still tells me till date that he graduated with a 1st class!!
I can not actually tell if its a lie,but i only see it as some inspirational ish cheesy
grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by tartar9(m): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2015
lol especially the I was always the first in my class part and winning scholarships.most parents said that one,as if everybody took first position at once.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by sirlaw2(m): 9:50am On Mar 01, 2015
There z dis story my mum usually tell us abt how my dad beat seven guys who wia trying to beat him n throw him inside d gutter bt instead my dad beat all of dem plus d police that came to stop the fight... Chai. My papa na actor for bollywood.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by sirlaw2(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2015
That if u av sex, u will get hiv and u will die.... Simple. Bt mum, if i marry, how will i av children nah?? Dnt worry, as soon as u marry, d hiv will disappear and u will be free to av children, when u don marry o. Chai, my mum shaa
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by idia101(f): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

With the rate at which U're appearing and disappearing, I'm beginning to wonder how powerful your Ogbanje is... cheesy

Hw na? Me dey alwyz dey online, hardly comment dough

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ddaammyy(f): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:

FIXED cool
incubated slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ddaammyy(f): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2015
ddaammyy:
incubated slowpoke!
go get sumtin doing. I dnt hv ur time.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by elohorayodele: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Eat too much egg might make you steal.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by kadree(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2015
Modified.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by kadree(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2015
My mama own na " small pikin no dey chop meat"
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
OP,you don't have work to do. You are wrong in all those points and I can prove it.
emusmith:
Sometimes, in trying to elaborate how "true" something is, they exaggerate- which is a lie; other times, they tell white lies. smiley

They're still our loving parents cheesy. We love them. They are the Best kiss

But some of them can lie sha... grin

For example:

1.When I was in school, I always come first position in my class.

Papa, like seriously?

2. When I was like you, I trained myself all through school

Sometimes True... Do you mean no one at all helped you in some way?

3. Your mum was my first girlfriend.

When trying to warn against having girlfriends at an early. He doesn't say it in mum's presence o cheesy

4. You are dull o, "mumu" OR You can't amount to much in life sad

smiley- See me today smiley You didn't see it sha cheesy

5. I will buy bicycle for you as Xmas gift.

In my mind, I'll be like, " Iffa hear"

6. Tell the person knocking, "I'm not at home."

I go look am, "nor be you I dey see so?"

7. In my days, everyone in our village fears me...

Hmm Papa, you be Huck Hogan? grin

Did your parents ever tell you a lie?

Share...smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Austinio: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
If your parents lied to you not my own.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Austinio: 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Any foundation that is build on lies never last.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by shyshally(f): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
My cousin once told me that whenever I eat fish head(cat fish)the fish would come and meet me in the night,that's how I stopped eating fish head oh,until I became wiser n realised it was a lie,meanwhile,she kept eating the fish head given to me
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Akinrogun(m): 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady / My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck / Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.