Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... (963 Views)

Need Your Kind Advice Please / If U Love Slim Pretty Ladies Or Dark Chubby ones Pls Marry Your Preference / Need Some Advice (from Someone In Pains) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by okoroko(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Am planning to hook up with my babe 'marriage'.. though i hv not disclose this yet to her.. i am planning 1.5million naira only for everi everi... the girl is from Abia and am from Benue state.. should this account be ok... pls a kind advice pls..
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by adebisiolumide5(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2015
it should be ok
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 01, 2015
you mean 1.5 milli for an Igbo girl, for dowry, Trads and White Wedding? undecided

Hmmm.... I seriously doubt it but since I am not 'experienced' i wouldnt know for sure.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by jnrbayano(m): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2015
okoroko:
Am planning to hook up with my babe 'marriage'.. though i hv not disclose this yet to her.. i am planning 1.5million naira only for everi everi... the girl is from Abia and am from Benue state.. should this account be ok... pls a kind advice pls..

I think it's wastage unless you earn a very fat salary.

I would also wanna chip in that marriage is more important than wedding ceremony.

Be wise and all the best.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2015
Op, I hope you are not trying to fund everything yourself o. Your girl should be able to chip in something too that is for the ceremony and all.
At least this will reduce the burden for you.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 01, 2015
I can't believe a female like you wrote that....you just have a long way to go
BaebieHot:
you mean 1.5 milli for an Igbo girl, for dowry, Trads and White Wedding? undecided

Hmmm.... I seriously doubt it but since I am not 'experienced' i wouldnt know for sure.

Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by sinaj(f): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2015
okoro i hope u r well established already o!...

chai!... guyz de try sha smiley

Kudos tu al da responsible guyz !!!!

1 Like

Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2015
@Op, though your post sounds like you want to mock the Igbo folks, but I'll answer you rightly.

NOTE: you may not spend up to that amount if you plan well.
My sister had her wedding last December, and i can gladly and boldly say her husband didn't spend up to that amount but her wedding, both traditional and white+dowry was like a society wedding asin it was mind blowing.... Plan well. Sit with your to be wife and plan.
Don't allow people discourage you because at the end, no nairalander will sleep in your house with you but you and your wife....mind who and what you listen to...Happy Married life in advance.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by jnrbayano(m): 9:55am On Mar 01, 2015
sinaj:
okoro i hope u r well established already o!...

chai!... guyz de try sha smiley

Kudos tu al da responsible guyz !!!!

For this open proclamation devoid of prejudice which is the trademark of most nairaland females, you will be a very great woman.

Amen.

The bold touched me in no small manner. This has really made my Sunday.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2015
pastorKosiso:
I can't believe a female like you wrote that....you just have a long way to go

I was just wondering same thing too...Mtcheeeeew.

@OP ride on with ur plans. Pay d dowry completely and take ur wife. It is called "Ikpo Nwanyi".
Traditional marriage is just the party part of it and it is not really necessary cos I told hubby I did not want it.
Am from Abia too and its my 4 months wedding anniversary today.
Fix ur wedding for a later date when u are set.
Take a cute but too expensive venue for ur reception, u can delete d bridal train and have ONLY a best man and maid of honour (I had a train for my wedding though I handled that bit since I work and offered on my own to do it)
Don't let advices pull u guys apart cos u will hear silly ones. Do not impose anything on her, if she can't handle anything ; be a man and do it.
U can shift ur wedding to as far as 10months after u have taken ur bride but no give am belle o o... hahahahaha
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by sirlaw2(m): 10:10am On Mar 01, 2015
Bros, if u plan urself well, u will not spend up to dat amount. Doesnt matter if the gal is an igbo gal or from heaven. My younger sister got married on jan 2nd both trad n white wedding bt her husband didnt spend up to dat amount and the wedding was no child's play either... And he even regained most of d money after d wedding... Planning is everything, dnt 4get.

1 Like

Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by sirlaw2(m): 10:20am On Mar 01, 2015
BaebieHot:

Av been thinking of wat to tell u cos of this bt natin came to mind so i will just call it ignorance... Bt its unfortunate that people still actually think like this... And oh, a yoruba guy married my sis and am from anambra state...
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2015
Oya now, op u have heard from them all. Carry on, I hope everything turn out well.
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by sinaj(f): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2015
jnrbayano:

For this open proclamation devoid of prejudice which is the trademark of most nairaland females, you will be a very great woman.

Amen.

The bold touched me in no small manner. This has really made my Sunday.
Amen nd api new month too smiley
Re: A Kind Advice From Experienced Ones Pls... by okoroko(m): 4:24am On Mar 04, 2015
thank u all for your kinds advice... working on my plans already.. meanwhile.. more can still come in..

thank u all...

(1) (Reply)

What If Your Wife Did This / What Will Be Your Reaction When Your Partner Calls You By Another Name ?? / Words And Utterances Of Men During Intimacy; How True Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.